Darth Revan & Darth Malak vs The Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Can the SWTOR Sith Protagonists take on the fallen Jedi heroes? Fight takes place in the Tomb of Naga Sadow, Yavin IV. Morals off, bloodlusted, standard equipment.

carthage
I wonder who Ant votes for mmm

SunRazer
What do you make of the fight, Carthage?

AncientPower
Lol.

@OP, Darth Nox should be more powerful than either, the Wrath in combat should beat either of them as well.

SunRazer
What if this is on the Star Forge, but only Malak can benefit from the amp and only he can feast on the Jedi chicken wings?

AncientPower
He does better but the outcome remains the same.

FreshestSlice
Without the Star Forge amp, I'd argue that anyone on Team 2 could solo.

SunRazer
Really? Why? He should be as skilled as/more skilled than Nox and just below Wrath, and he can recover from injuries with greater ease thanks to his Jedi bodies.

SunRazer
In that case, either of team 1 can now benefit from Star Forge, and either can feed on the bodies.

FreshestSlice
I have a pretty low opinion of Malak, who while amped, lost to an amnesiac Revan that also fought through several armies for an hour. A Revan that is noticeably bellow Revan Reborn. Similarly, Darth Revan is even bellow that Revan, and might actually be the weakest combatant here.

SunRazer
Darth Revan still beat pre-KotOR Malak in a duel (I doubt he improved in sabers), and was more powerful than pre-KotOR Malak.

FreshestSlice
Malak was still superior to Revan in sabers, going off Drew's words, and Malak surpassed "Darth Revan" before KotOR began.

ares834
Team 1.

SunRazer
If you put stock into Drew's comment, Malak is probably at least as skilled as Nox and knocking on the Wrath's door.

AncientPower
Nox > Wrath > Malak =/> Darth Revan tbh.

@Scenario 3, again I just think Darth Nox and the Wrath in their primes are way too powerful.

Their latest wank states that Nox basically scares the shit out of any Sith but Marr. Wrath has a legendary command of the Force comparable only to Wrath's own skill, which he/she destroys anything with.

ares834
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Malak surpassed "Darth Revan" before KotOR began.

According to what? Malak?

Considering Revan's seemingly massive power increase when he regained his memories. I have a hard time buying that KotOR Revan > Darth Revan.

SunRazer
Other than the fact that Malak, somebody who had fought against both incarnations (and was obviously very familiar with Darth Revan), said so?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
According to what? Malak?

Considering Revan's seemingly massive power increase when he regained his power increase. I have a hard time buying that KotOR Revan > Darth Revan.
Why would Malak lie about Revan being more powerful than he once was? Revan regaining his memories might give him more knowledge, but it would never give him more power. Him making Nyriss one-shot herself was a raw power feat anyway, iirc.

ares834
Originally posted by SunRazer
Other than the fact that Malak, somebody who had fought against both incarnations (and was obviously very familiar with Darth Revan), said so?

Yes. Because an in-universe character is never infallible. Nor has a Sith Lord ever boasted about their power before and claimed to be "more powerful" then characters they clearly aren't, right?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower

Their latest wank states that Nox basically scares the shit out of any Sith but Marr.
Debateable.

ares834
Why would Malak lie about Revan being more powerful than he once was? Revan regaining his memories might give him more knowledge, but it would never give him more power. Him making Nyriss one-shot herself was a raw power feat anyway, iirc.

Because that's what Sith Lords do...

And knowledge=power. As characters learn more about they force they generally get more "raw power". That's why Vader's TK is superior to Anakin's despite the fact that he now has less potential.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ares834
Because that's what Sith Lords do...

No, Sith Lords don't tell their opponents they've gone stronger just to lie. That's a legit pointless thing to do.

Or maybe every TK feat by Vader isn't a display of raw power, or Anakin himself was already capable of doing those things, and has on a few occasions.

ares834
No, Sith Lords don't tell their opponents they've gone stronger just to lie. That's a legit pointless thing to do.

I see you twisted my original argument hence my confusion. I was debating whether on not Darth Malak is superior to Darth Revan. Which is why I quoted that part of your post.

Or maybe every TK feat by Vader isn't a display of raw power, or Anakin himself was already capable of doing those things, and has on a few occasions.

Funny. I never claimed "every TK feat" of Vader's was a display of raw power. What I claimed is "Vader's TK is superior to Anakin's despite the fact that he now has less potential." And it is.

This is pretty much 101 stuff here. As characters gain greater mastery of the force their powers tend to increase and we see this all the time. Just compare RotJ Luke and NJO Luke.

SunRazer
So team 2 wins even when both of team 1 benefit from the Star Forge nexus and have the juicy Jedi chicken wings to feed off? That sounds like a stretch.

ares834
Unless Darth Revan's power more than quadrupled by the time of SoR. I see no way in hell that team 2 wins.

AncientPower
Agreed with Slice, Kotor!Revan > Darth Revan, certainly.

@Ares, that is basically what happened to him though.

ares834
I'll concede that KotOR Revan > Darth Revan. I'm more curious about Darth Malak > Darth Revan.

I also have a hard time buying that Revan was magnitudes more powerful in SoR. Especially since he was halfway dead by the time that came around.

Nephthys
Team 2 wins a straight up fight for sure and they also win the SF round with some difficulty.

SunRazer
You guys really don't have team 1 high, do you?

Nephthys
We have team 2 very high. These guys aren't anything to sneeze at. Both are easily comparable to Kotor Revan who beat SF Malak and if Darth Revan is in Malaks league then he'd get a similar treatment.

DarthAnt66
Team 1 with some difficulty. lmfao @ Freshest's retardation tho.

Nephthys
Ant, do you think Team 1 wins with the SF amp or without it?

AncientPower
He probably thinks Revan solos tbh.

Nephthys
They can win if Revan's lightside ghost can help them.

Revanchiste

Revanchiste
I'll concede that KotOR Revan > Darth Revan. I'm more curious about Darth Malak > Darth Revan.

As I said Darth Revan is far superior to Malak in everythings.. But Revan di not totaly give up the light side. Where Malak go full sith brute.

SunRazer
Darth Revan isn't far above Malak, lmfao. Malak's fight with Revan was described as "desperate".

Nephthys
Does that really imply parity? Could just be Malak who was desperate tbh.

SunRazer
The fight was desperate, not a specific person. That strongly implies they're relatively close.

Revanchiste
Darth Revan isn't far above Malak, lmfao. Malak's fight with Revan was described as "desperate".
In term of light saber only, and it it is thank Malak build up his entre fighting style to beat Revan... his debuff abilities is effective, and he know that Revan see him as a very usefull tool and not an expandable one (he can control the star forge, so Revan would not have to be brainwashed if he want to use it).... Malak take high Risk because he know that Darth Revan won't give him a death blow....
+Revan use multiple exotic force powers to boost his light saber skills, Malak debuff = a kick in the balls for Revan....

+We are dealing with DARTH revan. Not Revan from KotOR... Malak had the edge at the end of KotOR except at strategical level....

Nai
So team 2 wins even when both of team 1 benefit from the Star Forge nexus and have the juicy Jedi chicken wings to feed off? That sounds like a stretch.

Why?

We know already, that Revan was capable of overcoming Darth Malak when the latter was capable of feeding on "Jedi Chicken wings". And this was probably a light side Revan (as far as I recall the events seen as "canon"wink, meaning that he didn't run around and slaughter all the Jedi once the first was drained - which would probably be an option for both Nox and the Wrath.

And even if they wouldn't make that choice: We still have Revan beating Malak who used all the Jedi present to amp himself. Now you toss in two opponents who are more powerful than Malak / Revan (and probably have a larger skill gap between them and the KotoR Sith duo than there was between Revan and Malak) and devide the Jedi, that can be drained, to two people, giving each of them half the "amp" Malak had.

So why should one expect a different outcome in comparison to one of them using the "amp" exactly? Which is already assuming that neither Nox nor the Wrath simply kills those Jedi before they can be "used".

@ares834

It probably has - and maybe even more than that.
Revan by the time of SoR had centuries of time spent in a "prison" while being directly connected to Vitiate. It can only be speculated what kind of knowledge he could have gained from the Emperor's mind, but it is probably considerable.

I mean, seriously: At the end of SoR, it - as far as canon is concerned - takes all the games protagonists (which means: all player characters, or 8 of the most powerful / skillful beings in the galaxy) plus an assortment of heavy hitters (with Satele Shan and Darth Marr among them) to take Revan out. And even then, it's a rather hard fight. I very much doubt that Novel!Revan could even remotely take on that assembled team.

Selenial
Kek @ Nox > Revan.

Also, you do realise a Light Sided Revan can destroy the consoles keeping the Jedi alive, and gain Light Side Points right?

FreshestSlice
Nah. They still die.

Nai
Originally posted by Selenial
Kek @ Nox > Revan.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with the audience here. You may want to remind me what KotoR!Revan has accomplished to put him on par / above Nox.

I have probably realized that, when I last played KotoR - more than a decade ago. Didn't remember it, though.

Nephthys
Probably because no-one ever actually uses destroy droid or whatever.

FreshestSlice
Any targeted light side power would work. I'm a fan of breach when I randomly decide to play KotOR.

Revanchiste
"Unless Darth Revan's power more than quadrupled by the time of SoR. I see no way in hell that team 2 wins."

Agree with Nai... But is not just a question of raw power....

You see there is more power sith artifact than the Mur amulettes, and look what the amulette did... Darth Revan had far more diverse and usefull arsenal, and a clearly better intellect....
And his arsenal reach some hilarous level of insanity... If you convert in raw power, Darth Revan become clearly the most O.P star wars character ever created...
This arsenal is lost for later version... Revan 3.0 best Revan ever, yhea that was good before windows update came...

Revanchiste
Any targeted light side power would work. I'm a fan of breach when I randomly decide to play KotOR.
Revan especialy as Darth Revan is a shield reaver....

With his mastery of TK, sub molecular level powers (not only TK) + sith sorcery. + Ultra advanced telepathy (Revan rarely brainwash, he sneakly penetrate the mind of his foes guided him distracting him.. He can cause his foes to disable their buble shield...)
+ Debuff like Malak...
+ No Mana.
Revan just wreck....

FreshestSlice
But can you just English? Seriously.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nai
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with the audience here. You may want to remind me what KotoR!Revan has accomplished to put him on par / above Nox.

I mean I could ask the opposite question of you. To be honest it's not in my interest to bother, since I know Ant's going to be so mad at the prospect of Nox > Revan that he'll respond himself. But sufficed to say I disagree.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Ant, do you think Team 1 wins with the SF amp or without it?
Yes, just with a lot of difficulty.

thumb up My line of reasoning as well.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nai
Uh, sure:

>being the most powerful Jedi alive during the "prime of the Jedi".
>defeated two Terentatek solo at the same time on a Korriban.
>slaughtering through Korriban's Sith Academy + it's headmasters.
>slaughtering through a 1,000 Rakata and rancors with companions.
>slaughtering through armies of Dark Jedi on the Star Forge for an hour.
>defeated amped!Bastila Shan who is said near Dooku and Kenobi.
>defeating an uber-amped Malak who was said to be nearly unstoppable.
>incredible pain tolerance, mental resistance, and endurance feats.
>he's ****ing revan.

etc. etc. erm

SunRazer
I'll have to make a new thread, then.

Revanchiste

SunRazer
We know you love Revan, but you don't need to make yourself so transparently biased.

Revanchiste
STill my opinions are here... And I share them with Jensaarai himself...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.