Darth Angral vs Darth Thanaton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Who takes this?

SunRazer
Sabers - I don't believe Thanaton is particularly renowned as a swordsman, but at the same time, I don't remember any of his skill feats. Angral's one of the Empire's most celebrated swordsmen (an accolade I don't believe Thanaton possesses or deserves, frankly) and he's repeatedly beaten Orgus Din, who, while featless, is still one of the Order's most experienced anti-Sith veterans. Angral's also above Praven, who has slain one of the Order's finest before reaching his own prime. Angral wins.

Force - Thanaton stomps. It's not even a contest - Thanaton sweeps in sheer Force power, Force knowledge, and Force mastery. I doubt Angral knows how to defend himself from Sith Sorcery, either.

All-out - Angral is physically and skilfully superior but I doubt Thanaton is incapable of contending at all in those categories - which means Thanaton probably destroys in the Force.

Jmanghan
Seriously, only one guy cares about this match? How often is Darth ****ing Angral used???

AncientPower
Originally posted by SunRazer
Sabers - I don't believe Thanaton is particularly renowned as a swordsman, but at the same time, I don't remember any of his skill feats. Angral's one of the Empire's most celebrated swordsmen (an accolade I don't believe Thanaton possesses or deserves, frankly) and he's repeatedly beaten Orgus Din, who, while featless, is still one of the Order's most experienced anti-Sith veterans. Angral's also above Praven, who has slain one of the Order's finest before reaching his own prime. Angral wins.

Force - Thanaton stomps. It's not even a contest - Thanaton sweeps in sheer Force power, Force knowledge, and Force mastery. I doubt Angral knows how to defend himself from Sith Sorcery, either.

All-out - Angral is physically and skilfully superior but I doubt Thanaton is incapable of contending at all in those categories - which means Thanaton probably destroys in the Force.

Agreed.

Though I would note as Teneb Kel he performed fairly well against Exal Kressh in terms of skill. I would assume as Darth Thanaton his mastery of his lightsaber skills would have drastically increased.

Nephthys
I largely agree with Sun. Though I think it'd be stupid if Angral got to his position in the Empire without knowing how to respond to Sith Sorcery. Angral's likely not that far off Thanaton in power, even if the latter destroys him in feats.

SunRazer
Being a celebrated warlord doesn't mean that you know Sorcery or defenses against it. That should be reserved for those who genuinely study the dark side's secrets, generally Inquisitors.

Jmanghan
Being a celebrated warlord doesn't mean that you know Sorcery or defenses against it. That should be reserved for those who genuinely study the dark side's secrets, generally Inquisitors. Its not like Angral has absolutely no force showings, for christ sakes.

He couldn't have got that high in rank with just Saber Skills alone.

SunRazer
Great red herring thumb up

Having Force showings and having a defense against Sith Sorcery are completely unrelated.

His few Force showings don't really compare to Thanaton's, either. Giving him the benefit of the doubt based on his lack of effort with his Force showings, he still doesn't really come close to having a chance at beating Thanaton in the Force.

carthage
Thanaton via the force.

Angral probably isn't that much more skilled to begin with.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by carthage
Thanaton via the force.

Angral probably isn't that much more skilled to begin with. He killed Orgus Din, and fought on par with the HoT.

Nephthys
Being a celebrated warlord doesn't mean that you know Sorcery or defenses against it. That should be reserved for those who genuinely study the dark side's secrets, generally Inquisitors.

Getting to the top of the Empire and staying there for like 20 years suggests that he can probably handle himself. A guy offered a Dark Council seat isn't some chump who can't defend himself from sorcery. He would have died a long time ago if that were the case. Plus one of his apprentices was an inquisitor and he commands inquisitors.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nephthys
Getting to the top of the Empire and staying there for like 20 years suggests that he can probably handle himself. A guy offered a Dark Council seat isn't some chump who can't defend himself from sorcery. He would have died a long time ago if that were the case. Plus one of his apprentices was an inquisitor and he commands inquisitors. But he never really showed defense against it.

Q99
Even if he has some sorcery defense, the question is whether he'd have enough.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
But he never really showed defense against it.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. It's logical to conclude that Angral could defend himself. His high position in a cutthroat environment filled with sorcerers is indicative of that. Malgus also never showed any defense against sorcery. Can Thanaton beat him too?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nephthys
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. It's logical to conclude that Angral could defend himself. His high position in a cutthroat environment filled with sorcerers is indicative of that. Malgus also never showed any defense against sorcery. Can Thanaton beat him too? Sure, he can defend himself, but against someone like Thanaton, with his force reserves and power...

Don't see it happening.

Nephthys
Yeah, I never said that he'd defend against Thanaton himself.

Kosmos Supreme
Thanaton

Tondemonai
Sabers: kek. Thanaton devoted his life to researching the deepest Dark Side secrets. He basically crippled his body because of the intensity of his Dark Side corruption. He can't take on Angral's saber prowess. Angral takes sabers.

Force: Thanaton is one of the strongest sorcerers to ever live. He has access to many rituals and powers that few can resist. He definitely takes the edge.

All out: if Angeal can close the distance, he could take it; but Thanaton has some serious shield-based powers that could save him. If Angral remains at distance for more than a few moments, he's toast. Probably Thanaton 6.5/10.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Sabers: kek. Thanaton devoted his life to researching the deepest Dark Side secrets. He basically crippled his body because of the intensity of his Dark Side corruption. He can't take on Angral's saber prowess. Angral takes sabers.

Force: Thanaton is one of the strongest sorcerers to ever live. He has access to many rituals and powers that few can resist. He definitely takes the edge.

All out: if Angeal can close the distance, he could take it; but Thanaton has some serious shield-based powers that could save him. If Angral remains at distance for more than a few moments, he's toast. Probably Thanaton 6.5/10. smile

Emperordmb
Angral is overrated, Thanaton destroys him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.