TCW Maul vs. AOTC Kenobi/AOTC Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
BATTLE TAKES PLACE ON NEUTRAL GROUND

Emperordmb
Maul should win this one.

SunRazer
Both at once? I doubt Maul wins against their Legends versions.

Canon only, probs.

Emperordmb
If their teamwork was better, maybe I could see it. As is stands though, neither of them are on his level, their teamwork isn't that good, and his usage of the Force could definitely be used to separate them.

SunRazer
Based on what is their teamwork poor?

Also, Legends AotC Anakin has challenged Dooku based on a number of sources, and Dooku himself has mused this.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by SunRazer
Based on what is their teamwork poor?
The Geonosis fight, the fact that they consistently job in 2v1s to characters they've done better against 1v1, and Dooku musing in ROTS that they finally learned to work together (iirc).

Also, Legends AotC Anakin has challenged Dooku based on a number of sources, and Dooku himself has mused this.
I have a hard time rating AOTC-TCW Anakin on Dooku's level when he doesn't perform on that level in any fight that's not a 1v1 with Dooku. If he were really approaching Dooku level, I don't think he'd be matched by Ventress, Savage, or Barriss, especially in some of those fights where he had Obi-Wan as back-up. Not trying to say that Anakin at his prime is unimpressive, or even that AOTC Anakin is unimpressive. Just that Anakin is not on Maul's level as of AOTC.

SunRazer
What Geonosis fight? The one with Dooku? Anakin had emotional control issues at that point which is why he had to charge first. Otherwise, he's been training with Obi-Wan for ten years. I think he knows how to fight with his master effectively.

Anakin's moved fast enough to appear to be everywhere at once before in the JQ novels, and Obi-Wan mused that he demonstrated similar Force Mastery to Qui-Gon Jinn. Other than that, Ventress also challenged Mace according to the Fact File, so it's not so bad. Not going to entertain debates on Ventress, though.

Emperordmb
What Geonosis fight? The one with Dooku? Anakin had emotional control issues at that point which is why he had to charge first. Otherwise, he's been training with Obi-Wan for ten years. I think he knows how to fight with his master effectively.
I don't see much good teamwork between the two until later in the Clone Wars. At least not against high level duelists. Once again they job in just about every 2v1 fight they're in in TCW.

Anakin's moved fast enough to appear to be everywhere at once before in the JQ novels, and Obi-Wan mused that he demonstrated similar Force Mastery to Qui-Gon Jinn.
Do you have quotes for either of those? Not doubting their existence, just interested.

Other than that, Ventress also challenged Mace according to the Fact File, so it's not so bad. Not going to entertain debates on Ventress, though.
Fair enough.

SunRazer
"Never had Obi-Wan seen such a display of the Force from a Padawan. From the great Jedi Masters, yes. From Qui-Gon, near the end of his life.

But from someone so young? Anakin's power astonished him. He had glimpsed it before, but now he had seen it unfurl, and it staggered him.

He had not had a chance to move, to help. Anakin had been a blur. He had seemed to be everywhere at once. He had destroyed ten attack droids, disarmed his aggressors, and disabled two laser cannons without hesitation, with even a slight smile on his face."

-- The School of Fear

I believe it's from the School of Fear, at least.

Emperordmb
Nice! That actually pleases me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.