John Wick 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/23/john-wick-2-shooting-this-fall

BOOOOOOOM

Inhuman
Good news

Mindset
I was just cast as John Wick!

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Mindset

Who did you have to bend over for?

Tzeentch
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindset
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Who did you have to bend over for? Myself.

Time-Immemorial
Myself.

Right on.

Esau Cairn

Wow I'm one of the henchmen.

I'm strangling yer kitten!

Mindset
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Wow I'm one of the henchmen.

I'm strangling yer kitten! I'm thinking I'm back.

marwash22
Originally posted by Tzeentch
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????!!!!!!!!!?!????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robtard
Keanu is Tzeen's favorite actor.

Flyattractor
I was just cast as John Wick's dog!

Now that I would believe.

Mindset
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Now that I would believe. I was just cast as Fly's step dad.

Esau Cairn
I was just cast as Fly's step dad.

Stepdad 1, 2 or 3?

Arachnid1
Love the first one. Some of the best action scenes in recent movies, so I will definitely be all over this.

Flyattractor
I was just cast as Fly's step dad.

ohhh bad news buddy. The Stunt Double didn't show up today. So your gonna have to do all your own stunts.

Patient_Leech
I'm glad we have another thread for this, it's great having multiple threads for the same series. It's great. Gives me a boner. But the title needs more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 isn't enough. You need at least 15 to express true excitement.

BruceSkywalker
really no need for a sequel but I still might see

jinXed by JaNx
Ok, i expect Wick to take the time to put three extra bullets in all of his victims heads in this one. I wonder if the writers will actually give, Wick proper motivation to murder people this time. Id be happy if the movie started with him murdering people and never explaining why but it might be cool to see him murder a bunch of people with a good reason.

Esau Cairn
^^^He pretty much had a reason to kill everybody he did in the 1st film.
If you remember too, he gave the Russian bouncer a chance " to take the night off" rather than kill him for the sake of it.

Ascendancy
A puppy and a stolen car are pretty lame motivations to start things up, not to mention the mobster's son having no idea what was what to begin with. That plot was so horrid.

Esau Cairn
You're forgetting the puppy was given to him by his dying wife as a means to remember her by & a reason to go on. Revenge is enough of a reason that many movies base their plot on. Even stolen cars.

Mindset
Originally posted by Ascendancy
A puppy and a stolen car are pretty lame motivations to start things up, not to mention the mobster's son having no idea what was what to begin with. That plot was so horrid. This guy is a russian mafia affiliate, someone who kills people for money, and a guy who just lost the only person he loves.

Now some guys break into his house, beat him, kill his dog, and steal his car.

Yea, I'm thinking he's back. erm

Robtard
In fact, the plot of the second film is that his wife had prepaid for a second puppy to be delivered to John exactly a year later. You can guess what happens.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
In fact, the plot of the second film is that his wife had prepaid for a second puppy to be delivered to John exactly a year later. You can guess what happens.

I'd actually be cool with that.

Mindset
I wish that for no reason halfway through the movie Samuel L Jackson took over the role of John Wick, then said, "Yea, I'm thinking I'm black."

This is all I want in life.

Flyattractor
A puppy and a stolen car are pretty lame motivations to start things up, not to mention the mobster's son having no idea what was what to begin with. That plot was so horrid.

If you killed my dog in front of me like that I would hunt you down and do things to you that the Cannibals in Green Inferno would find unsettling.

Patient_Leech
A puppy and a stolen car are pretty lame motivations to start things up, not to mention the mobster's son having no idea what was what to begin with. That plot was so horrid. Originally posted by Flyattractor
If you killed my dog in front of me like that I would hunt you down and do things to you that the Cannibals in Green Inferno would find unsettling.

Yeah, it was perfectly justified. Not only did they kill his puppy, the last gift from his dying wife, but they also broke into his house and beat the shit out him. How is that not justified? Perhaps you need to re-watch it, Ascend. That little b!tch-ass shit needed to die, and if you ask me, I think Wick was actually quite merciful.

Patient_Leech
I wish that for no reason halfway through the movie Samuel L Jackson took over the role of John Wick, then said, "Yea, I'm thinking I'm black."

This is all I want in life.
thumb up

quanchi112
A puppy and a stolen car are pretty lame motivations to start things up, not to mention the mobster's son having no idea what was what to begin with. That plot was so horrid. You are probably one of those sickos who is mean to animals. You disgust me.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
You are probably one of those sickos who is mean to animals. You disgust me. Put him in the ground, Quan.

quanchi112
Put him in the ground, Quan. Don't worry way ahead of you.

Kazenji

Patient_Leech
I'm tellin' ya, Kaz is Yoda in desguise!!

Kazenji
At least better then being a Quan.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, it was perfectly justified. Not only did they kill his puppy, the last gift from his dying wife, but they also broke into his house and beat the shit out him. How is that not justified? Perhaps you need to re-watch it, Ascend. That little b!tch-ass shit needed to die, and if you ask me, I think Wick was actually quite merciful.

It had nothing to do with it not being justified. It's that regardless of him being in retirement, there's no way that the son wouldn't have some idea that there are some people in town you're just not to 'eff with. It was a garbage device, and the movie was poo.

Mindset
It had nothing to do with it not being justified. It's that regardless of him being in retirement, there's no way that the son wouldn't have some idea that there are some people in town you're just not to 'eff with. It was a garbage device, and the movie was poo. Why would the son know who John Wick is?

Esau Cairn
The son was a cocky upstart. He had no respect for loyalty much less the history of his own crime family. He didn't care what his own father did to become the head of the Russian mob, all he cared about was the self-indulged status it got him.

Flyattractor
The son was a cocky upstart. He had no respect for loyalty much less the history of his own crime family. He didn't care what his own father did to become the head of the Russian mob, all he cared about was the self-indulged status it got him.

That sounds more like to plot that last Liam Neeson movie.

Esau Cairn
Run All Night?
Yup.

Ascendancy
The killing of a puppy, regardless of who gifted it, is a weak premise to set off an action flick. The son's utter cockiness in relation to how his father and everyone around him operated was out of place, or at least delivered very, very poorly.
Bad. Writing. Period.

Flyattractor
The killing of a puppy, regardless of who gifted it, is a weak premise to set off an action flick. The son's utter cockiness in relation to how his father and everyone around him operated was out of place, or at least delivered very, very poorly.
Bad. Writing. Period.

Yeah they really should have gone with the bad guys killing his wife/girlfriend/lover/family/whatever....because we HAVEN'T SEEN THAT A MILLON TIMES BEFORE!

Mindset
Bad. Writing. Period. They didn't just kill his dog, they broke into his house and kicked his ass. This guy was a hitman for a crime syndicate with basically nothing to live for...what would be a realistic response to that in your opinion?

How is his son's cockiness out of place?

He was born into a rich and powerful family, his attitude is realistic and a pretty common trope in fiction. erm

Lestov16
Equalizer would never have gotten ambushed in his own house. Smh

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Lestov16
Equalizer would never have gotten ambushed in his own house. Smh

A true Equaliser would never have been played by Denzel.
Worst character rendition ever.

Robtard
They didn't just kill his dog, they broke into his house and kicked his ass. This guy was a hitman for a crime syndicate with basically nothing to live for...what would be a realistic response to that in your opinion?

He was born into a rich and powerful family, his attitude is realistic and a pretty common trope in fiction. erm

Maybe they should have had John writing an email to Viggo, explaining his concerns over Iosef's increasing anti-social behavior.

Patient_Leech
Maybe they should have had John writing an email to Viggo, explaining his concerns over Iosef's increasing anti-social behavior.
Now that would be compelling! Kind of like how sexy all the legal contracts were in Fifty Shades of Grey. That was some hott stuff.

Kazenji
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/keanu-reeves-hits-us-in-the-face-with-a-few-john-wick-2-plot-points-257

Esau Cairn
Yeah that sounds like John Wick enters The Matrix kinda convoluted plot right there.

Kazenji
Also sounds like 'A History of Violence' to me where you had the character Tom Stall with his family life and then a bunch of gangsters show up in the town looking for Joey Cusack.

Esau Cairn
The thing is the 1st movie was based on characters of John Wick's past.

So it's kinda meh to say his past has come back again for the sequel...

Ascendancy
They didn't just kill his dog, they broke into his house and kicked his ass. This guy was a hitman for a crime syndicate with basically nothing to live for...what would be a realistic response to that in your opinion?

There were ways to make it interesting without making it outright silly. Didn't like it, never will, never will agree that it was a good plot line.

jinXed by JaNx
^^^He pretty much had a reason to kill everybody he did in the 1st film.
If you remember too, he gave the Russian bouncer a chance " to take the night off" rather than kill him for the sake of it.

Like i said, i don' t need a reason for him to be murdering people, just as long as he is, but...,seriously, with that guys claught, he could have fixed that ENTIRE situation with a single phone call. NO, he just WANTED to start killin some people. laughing out loud

Mindset
There were ways to make it interesting without making it outright silly. Didn't like it, never will, never will agree that it was a good plot line. I don't care if you want to be wrong, I'm just telling you that you are.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Like i said, i don' t need a reason for him to be murdering people, just as long as he is, but...,seriously, with that guys claught, he could have fixed that ENTIRE situation with a single phone call. NO, he just WANTED to start killin some people. laughing out loud

He didn't want to "Fix" things. He was angry. He wanted revenge.
I would've understood a rational phone call if his wife died a long time ago but it was literally only a few weeks after her funeral. He was still in an irrational state of mind.

Ascendancy
I don't care if you want to be wrong, I'm just telling you that you are.
It's an opinion, deal with it.

Mindset
It's an opinion, deal with it. I've dealt with it, I threw it in the trash where it belongs.

jinXed by JaNx
He didn't want to "Fix" things. He was angry. He wanted revenge.
I would've understood a rational phone call if his wife died a long time ago but it was literally only a few weeks after her funeral. He was still in an irrational state of mind.

No man, he was jus lookin for a reason.

Esau Cairn
he could have fixed that ENTIRE situation with a single phone call. NO, he just WANTED to start killin some people. laughing out loud

So he makes a phone call. Bad guys apologise & back down.
Roll credits.
Best action film ever.

Mindset
Like i said, i don' t need a reason for him to be murdering people, just as long as he is, but...,seriously, with that guys claught, he could have fixed that ENTIRE situation with a single phone call. NO, he just WANTED to start killin some people. laughing out loud Well, yea, everyone in the movie are sociopaths.

If John weren't a hitman whose wife just died, then going on a killing spree from what happened wouldn't be reasonable.

marwash22

Esau Cairn
The sequel needs an evil twin brother.

marwash22
played by Nic Cage

Patient_Leech
*Doesn't see Willem Dafoe on the list*

*is sad*

sad

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/09/more-john-wick-2-cast-members-returning/

Mindset
*Doesn't see Willem Dafoe on the list*

*is sad*

sad

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/09/more-john-wick-2-cast-members-returning/ He died in the first movie...

Patient_Leech
No shit. Flashbacks. He and Wick clearly had a past.

Mindset
No shit. Flashbacks. He and Wick clearly had a past. Who said there would be flashbacks though?

Patient_Leech
Who said there would be flashbacks though?
The land of possibilities for the sequel.

His wife is dead and the same actress is returning.

So why not Dafoe?!

Robtard
He died in the first movie...

http://resizing.flixster.com/HDPBuaWFMz3I_j18DW1Ix9KVKT8=/280x250/dkpu1ddg7pbsk.cloudfront.net/rtactor/40/35/40351_ori.jpg

Mindset

His wife is dead and the same actress is returning.

So why not Dafoe?! His wife is a vampire though.

Robtard
John's actually a powerful necromancer in the sequel; he reanimates everyone that died in the first film.

Esau Cairn

So why not Dafoe?!

TBH, I never knew he was in the 1st until he popped up.

Maybe there's some deleted scenes from the 1st they'll splice into the sequel as flash backs..?

Robtard
Maybe there's some deleted scenes from the 1st they'll splice into the sequel as flash backs..?

KCK00zNXLhc

Esau Cairn
Oh Rob, you can boondock my Saint, any day.
Just don't cream on my bagel.

Patient_Leech
Some pretty nice pictures from the set have shown up. Looks like there will be some more of John Wick kicking peoples' asses... which is cool, lol...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3322173/Reeves-prepares-combat-assassin-John-Wick-films-sequel-New-York-s-Chinatown.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/17/14/2E87266C00000578-3322173-image-m-2_1447770813488.jpg

Robtard
Why is he making a stupid face while killing that poor Asian fellow?

Patient_Leech
This is an awesome picture, haha...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/17/15/2E87272500000578-3322173-image-a-38_1447774887242.jpg

Robtard
Wonder if they'll keep Wick's standard tap to the chest; then tap to the head way of shooting/killing in this.

Esau Cairn
Why is he making a stupid face while killing that poor Asian fellow?

Asians ate his new dog!

Robtard
A plausible plot

Patient_Leech
This new film does look like it could have an anti-Asian tendency. Controversial indeed.

marwash22
Neo is Asian.

Tzeentch
This new film does look like it could have an anti-Asian tendency. Controversial indeed. Eh. He spent the entire first film beating the shit out of Slavs. He's making his way across the ethnic spectrum.

marwash22
Blaxicans are next. thumb up

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by marwash22
Blaxicans are next. thumb up

They kidnap his dog & threaten to make a sex tape.

Tzeentch
Blaxicans are next. thumb up http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/ETLKWLc_zpswvjvqmjr.gif~original

Keanu don't want none of this.

Patient_Leech
I'm excited to see that great character actor Peter Stormare is going to be in this...

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Peter-Stormare-1.jpg

I hope he has a mullet in it!! eek!

Patient_Leech
They've wrapped filming in New York and are headed to Rome. Shit, that's awesome. I didn't know it was going to take place in Rome also.

Official title is John Wick: Chapter 2. Release date February 10, 2017.

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/18/john-wick-chapter-two-gets-an-early-2017-release-date/

Patient_Leech
Jesus H. Christ... why didn't I know that Laurence Fishburne was gonna be in this?? Hell.. Yes. dance

http://www.maxim.com/entertainment/john-wick-2-more-intense-keanu-reeves-2016-3

quanchi112
I really enjoyed the first so let's hope the second follows suit.

Patient_Leech
I think if they use the same stylish direction and long-shot action there's no way it won't rock.

This is fun...

EoO-w7Z7Yv4

Inhuman
I'm excited to see that great character actor Peter Stormare is going to be in this...

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Peter-Stormare-1.jpg

I hope he has a mullet in it!! eek!

Bqh_y-iH_Bc

YBT55bbK4qE

Patient_Leech
thumb up

Kazenji
tpr8oqyjKIc

Patient_Leech
^ That's cool. There was some of that in the first one... glad to see there will be more.

Esau Cairn
Idiot comments saying Keanu is a hypocrite for being anti-gun but using them in films.
SMH he's an actor being paid to play a role.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Kazenji
tpr8oqyjKIc BAD-ASS

marwash22
Idiot comments saying Keanu is a hypocrite for being anti-gun but using them in films.
SMH he's an actor being paid to play a role. he's not a hypocrite, he just has low moral fiber.

i don't give a shit tho. i wanna see this movie, so he can portray things that go against what he believes all he wants.

Patient_Leech
SMH he's an actor being paid to play a role.

He's an actor, that's part of the job, portraying things you don't like. It's his livelihood, though. I am so sick of this 2nd amendment crap, though... I live in the Southeast US and everybody here has such huge boners for guns. So I myself am annoyed by that crowd, but I'm not anti-gun necessarily, but I think these f#cking rednecks could find some better hobbies instead of waving confederate flags and shooting guns.

CPT Space Bomb
He's an actor, that's part of the job, portraying things you don't like. It's his livelihood, though. I am so sick of this 2nd amendment crap, though... I live in the Southeast US and everybody here has such huge boners for guns. So I myself am annoyed by that crowd, but I'm not anti-gun necessarily, but I think these f#cking rednecks could find some better hobbies instead of waving confederate flags and shooting guns. Wow. You're one salty guy. In one post you insulted anyone that's pro guns and southern people. Funny thing is you live in the south. Good job.

quanchi112
he's not a hypocrite, he just has low moral fiber.

i don't give a shit tho. i wanna see this movie, so he can portray things that go against what he believes all he wants. Yeah, I don't care what stances these actors take in real life. It's a movie with Keanu playing a role. Keanu isn't playing Keanu.

BruceSkywalker
can't wait to see more bloodshed

jaden101
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yeah, I don't care what stances these actors take in real life. It's a movie with Keanu playing a role. Keanu isn't playing Keanu.

Keanu always plays Keanu.

Just like Denzel always plays Denzel.

Mindset
Originally posted by jaden101
Keanu always plays Keanu.

Just like Denzel always plays Denzel. Denzel must be schizophrenic.

jaden101
Denzel must be schizophrenic.

Na. He's just in a bad mood sometimes.

Esau Cairn
he just has low moral fiber.

He's probably the last actor in Hollywood I'd label with a low moral fibre.

jinXed by JaNx
There's absolutely no need for this movie but as long as he shoots everyone I. The head like he did in the first movie, I'll be happy

Robtard

He's one of the least douchy actors out there with strong and fibrous morals.

Patient_Leech
^ I forgot about him doing that for the Matrix sequels.

Yeah, he's actually pretty cool. Keeps a lot profile, does things for the love of it, not the money. Man of Tai Chi is the martial arts movie he directed and starred in, which is actually quite good. Not necessarily ground-breaking, but a highly entertaining martial arts film. He may not have the most range in the world as an actor, but he's still highly talented, obviously, in other ways.

Kazenji
Supposedly he's also going to be doing a Bill & Ted 3.

marwash22
He's probably the last actor in Hollywood I'd label with a low moral fibre. label how you will, but the fact remains, he's willing to portray things on film that he claims go against his beliefs.

Esau Cairn
label how you will, but the fact remains, he's willing to portray things on film that he claims go against his beliefs.

Yup Anthony Hopkins is a cannibal in real life & I'm surprised Christian Bale isn't facing life in prison for all those people he killed in American Pyscho.

marwash22
yeah, that's the same thing. thumb up

Mindset

i don't give a shit tho. i wanna see this movie, so he can portray things that go against what he believes all he wants. Are you being a serious chomper here or just joking?

Esau Cairn
yeah, that's the same thing. thumb up

#ActorsGottaEat

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/gFFwC9i.jpg

The Nuul
i love the first movie, this is one of the few sequels that i am looking forward too. I hope it will be as good as the first film

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/gFFwC9i.jpg

Haha

thumb up His Holiness

Kazenji
How John Wick 2 Connects To The Original Movie, According To Ian McShane

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-John-Wick-2-Connects-Original-Movie-According-Ian-McShane-135427.html

Zack M
Can't wait for the follow up. There was a rumor a while ago about the same director, directing a Red Hood movie for WB.

Patient_Leech
Sorry if someone already posted these...

Poster

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/09/john-wick-chapter-2-photo-keanu-reeves-new-dog-1201731484/

Kazenji
Now you can be John Wick himself for a VR game

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/john-wick-demo-comic-con,32778.html

Kazenji
A teaser trailer has been released for this, The full one gets released on Saturday.

Patient_Leech
Link or it didn't happen... I only saw a few fakes on YouTube.

Zack M
Can't wait for this. 1st one was pretty awesome for an action movie.

Kazenji
Link or it didn't happen... I only saw a few fakes on YouTube.

Oh its there on the internet.....

i've only seen it on Facebook btw, would've thought a studio would've put it on Youtube at least by now.

Kazenji
QidFkwhxLJA

Zack M
Sweet! big grin

Patient_Leech
Hell to the fu#k yeah..

Can't wait for this. Hm, I need to decide if I'm gonna watch a trailer. I may not..

Kazenji
New poster debuts at New York Comic-Con

http://www.empireonline.com/people/keanu-reeves/new-john-wick-chapter-2-poster-debuts-new-york-comic-con/

Patient_Leech
Haha.. poster is great.

Where is the trailer??

I might watch some of it...

Kazenji
I'm guessing the trailer is later on tonight.

jaden101
nMqETeQrgqU

Flyattractor
Doesn't look to bad but I got a Taken 2 Vibe off it.

Kazenji
The only Taken 2 Vibe i got off it is its in a different country at the start if, Other then that not alot.

Patient_Leech
Oh my god, the teaser almost made me shit myself. It looks amazing. The action, the humor, Lawrence Fishburne, the colors, the cinematography... It looks a-fu#king-mazing.

laughing laughing laughing

BruceSkywalker
good teaser

Kazenji
1RKISkjMtPU

Patient_Leech
Hot damn I can't wait to see this movie.

Robtard
The Wickening cometh

marwash22
The Wickening cometh #Wicktatorship

Patient_Leech
Wicktiscious

Chapter 3 already being planned...

http://nerdist.com/john-wick-3-chad-stahelski/

Patient_Leech
John Wick: Chapter 2 Photos Highlight New Characters:

http://screenrant.com/john-wick-chapter-2-photos-fishburne-rose/

ojdxL4d46Ak

Kazenji
****....this second movie isn't even out yet and they've started on the 3rd one.

Patient_Leech
When does it open in Australia, Kaz?

Opens February for US.

Kazenji
February here too.

Basara
John Wick was a good action movie, I look forward to seeing the second part.

Zack M
zVnZB2Ni9Mo

Kazenji
Late to the party Golgo.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Late to the party Golgo.

Haha

I'm still fu#king psyched for this, though. No harm in watching the teaser again.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>