How did R2-D2 and C-3PO get out of the Geonosis arena?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
They were just sitting their when the battle moved out of the arena. How did they get back to the Republic? I can't believe this was never addressed before.

Bashar Teg
same in RotJ just before jabba's barge explodes. never made sense how casually 3p0/r2 were pulled out of the sand, while surrounded by massive exploding chaos. you'll just have to accept it and move on.

NewLanceWindu
Presumably they stayed in the arena and were picked up when the Republic came back to pick up any survivors or to account for the dead.

queeq
Not a plot point that has kept me awake.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by queeq
Not a plot point that has kept me awake.

Yet its significant. They are main characters and one minute they're in the arena, and then poof watching the wedding on Naboo.

NewLanceWindu
No comment on my theory? It's completely logical.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Yet its significant. They are main characters and one minute they're in the arena, and then poof watching the wedding on Naboo. It's almost like the Prequels are full of inconsistencies and poorly thought out scenes.

But that can't be it...

queeq
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Yet its significant. They are main characters and one minute they're in the arena, and then poof watching the wedding on Naboo.

So how does it change the story then, how they got out? If it doesn't change the story, it's not significant. They got out, period.

The droids are to the protagonists. In the OT we viewed all these events from their point of view, they served as the 'common man' that toques on a journey through the world of SW.

They do not serve that purpose as much in the PT, but they still are not the protagonists. Exactly how they get from A to B is far from relevant or significant to the story since they rarely play any part of significance. (R2 did a couple of times in the OT).

Space Opera
Originally posted by NewLanceWindu
Presumably they stayed in the arena and were picked up when the Republic came back to pick up any survivors or to account for the dead.

This is always what I have presumed to be true....

PS HI LANCE!!!!

queeq
Again:it's not relevant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.