David Webb interviews Muslims on Sharia Law

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Interesting take on Sharia law vs Constitution

Most of the people he talked to said "Yes, it should be above our constitution."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/09/23/hannity-investigation-david-webb-asks-muslims-if-sharia-law-supersedes-constitution

Flyattractor
I agree with this. If only it makes it legal for me to throw rocks at people.

FinalAnswer
We're actually, unironically linking Fox News now?

Flyattractor
*looks for a rock*

Omega Vision
This is the sensible answer of a moderate Muslim. Also it's possible that some of them are misunderstanding the question, as seen by one guy who answered that Sharia Law being the "law of God" is "above" the Constitution (Law of Man). I think if most religious people are asked a question like that they'll say that the Law of God trumps that of man, but not necessarily that they think it should replace it.

The real question to ask American Muslims would be "do you think America should be run according to Sharia law?"

I imagine very few American Muslims would answer "yes" to that.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
We're actually, unironically linking Fox News now?

Truth hurts I guess

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Truth hurts I guess

Faux News has never told the truth.

Time-Immemorial
Cause MSLSD tells the truth right? I guess those people they interviewed on video are liars as well?

Robtard
There are probably a lot more Christians that think the Constitution should be replaced with the Bible than Muslims who think it should be replaced with the Qur'an, least in the US.

Anyhow, all these people should be herded together and publicly spit on by Atheist.

FinalAnswer
Cause MSLSD tells the truth right?

I don't know what you're referring to, but most major news networks don't tell the truth, tbh.

Time-Immemorial
So those people on video are lying?

FinalAnswer
You are aware that people can edit videos to fit whatever point of view they want right?

Like, for example, I can give you a video that gives the impression Americans are idiots.

Sm3kQIK9-7g

Even though it's blatantly untrue and is a prime example of cherry-picking.

Time-Immemorial
So you have proof they edited the video?

FinalAnswer
I can tell you I'm not going to believe the majority of Muslims think Sharia Law should replace the Constitution based on questions easily open to misunderstanding from a video showing random Muslims.

Kind of like how I wouldn't believe Americans are generally idiots going by the video I just linked.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
There are probably a lot more Christians that think the Constitution should be replaced with the Bible than Muslims who think it should be replaced with the Qur'an, least in the US.

Anyhow, all these people should be herded together and publicly spit on by Atheist.

Wow. The ignorance in that statement...We could sell Sandwiches!

Time-Immemorial
I can tell you I'm not going to believe the majority of Muslims think Sharia Law should replace the Constitution based on questions easily open to misunderstanding from a video showing random Muslims.

Kind of like how I wouldn't believe Americans are generally idiots going by the video I just linked.

Good so you admit you have no proof.

long pig
Originally posted by Robtard

Christians aren't ordered by God to bring their law to wherever they go at the point of the sword.

Guess who is? eek!

FinalAnswer
Good so you admit you have no proof.

I guess by this logic Americans are idiots.

Time-Immemorial
You made a claim and you didn't prove it.

So again prove the video was edited.

As far as idiots. People here think Hilary has never done anything wrong. So who's the idiot?

FinalAnswer
I'm merely pointing out that mindlessly following a video posted by a known disreputable organization with known bias for the right is kind of silly. The video shows a handful of random Muslims, how is this an indicator of any majority of the Muslim populace of the U.S?

And I don't know, I'm not a fan of Hilary.

Time-Immemorial
Why would it not be?

FinalAnswer
Because a handful of random Muslims interviewed by a right-wing news organization isn't an indicator for millions of people?

Flyattractor
How many Muslims would they need to interview for you to change your opinion?

Time-Immemorial
Just like a guy that kills a bunch of blacks in a church does not represent the south.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Flyattractor
How many Muslims would they need to interview for you to change your opinion?

All of them because if they interviewed 95% of them, that's still generalizing.

FinalAnswer
Just like a guy that kills a bunch of blacks in a church does not represent the south.

Indeed it does not.

Time-Immemorial
Yet the confederate flag had to be taken down even though the Libby's put it up and then blamed it on the republicans.

FinalAnswer
Yeah, what a shame.

I'm somebody of the opinion sensitive people are the ones that give symbols like the Confederate flag meaning. If people just chilled out and stopped caring, it wouldn't matter.

GodBotherer101
All religions are ridiculous, just because a made up story is old, it doesn't make it any less made up.

Time-Immemorial
Yeah, what a shame.

I'm somebody of the opinion sensitive people are the ones that give symbols like the Confederate flag meaning. If people just chilled out and stopped caring, it wouldn't matter.

No it speaks to lies of the liberals.

FinalAnswer
No it speaks to lies of the liberals.

Cool.

long pig
-throws acid in FinalAnswers's face-.

Shariah law ftw!

Omega Vision
Originally posted by long pig
Christians aren't ordered by God to bring their law to wherever they go at the point of the sword.

Guess who is? eek!
The fact that they weren't explicitly told and then did it anyway is all the more damning.

NemeBro
It's not really equivalent to be honest. His argument is that you can't read the Bible and see "Kill and subjugate everyone different from you" (I have no idea whether or not this claim is true) in its pages, but you apparently can in the Quran (might have misspelled that).

Christians did indeed do such a thing, but there's allegedly nothing within Christian teachings that told them to. It was circumstantial.

With Islam, apparently their beliefs hold this to be an encouraged practice. If all this is so, Christianity and Islam are not equivalent, and to compare them to try and defend Islam is a fallacy tbh.

Omega Vision
I'm not defending Islam, I'm saying historically Christians have been shitty.

I mean if you look at some of the "Christians" on this forum who seem to lack any sort of empathy for other people who don't share their views/backgrounds...

Edit: Also while I doubt Jesus preached anything like that, in the Old Testament there are examples where the Jews' religion and connection with God give them a free pass to do some really nasty shit to neighboring tribes and nations.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm not defending Islam, I'm saying historically Christians have been shitty.

I mean if you look at some of the "Christians" on this forum who seem to lack any sort of empathy for other people who don't share their views/backgrounds...

Edit: Also while I doubt Jesus preached anything like that, in the Old Testament there are examples where the Jews' religion and connection with God give them a free pass to do some really nasty shit to neighboring tribes and nations. Yeah, but so what? That doesn't actually refute the point that Islam is inherently shitty, or even inherently shittier than Christianity.

Yeah Star is a white trash xenophobic conspiracy theorist, we all know that.

That's true IIRC (I have never read the Bible, it was boring as shit, would rather read Lord of the Rings estahuh), and is a more valid way of comparing the two.

long pig
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The fact that they weren't explicitly told and then did it anyway is all the more damning.
Says they were bad people. Just like Islam is a bad religion.

jaden101
David Webb? Isn't that Jason Bourne?

Time-Immemorial
I think all religions and races are ok. But they need to be confined to certain regions and areas.

The problem the world will always face is people trying to mix people up. This is not how we were designed and not how we are supposed to be.

You can't make Jews and Islam get along, not now, not ever.

FinalAnswer
Actually, the Jews, for the most part, thrived under Islamic rule during their Golden Age in the Middle Ages.

Though I agree to an extent in that the modern day obsession with multiculturalism is a bit ridiculous.

Bardock42
I think all religions and races are ok. But they need to be confined to certain regions and areas.

The problem the world will always face is people trying to mix people up. This is not how we were designed and not how we are supposed to be.

You can't make Jews and Islam get along, not now, not ever.

Which races do you think should live where?

Time-Immemorial
Everyone should stick to their own countries from now on.

Bentley
Everyone should stick to their own countries from now on.

And then a country races to another planet and "everybody should stick to their planet"?

Multiculturalism has done a lot for modern societies. It's what made America great 131

Star428
Originally posted by Bentley
And then a country races to another planet and "everybody should stick to their planet"?

Multiculturalism has done a lot for modern societies. It's what made America great 131

That was before world-wide terrorism (people cutting other peoples' heads off) starting becoming a major concern. Things have changed drastically.

Bentley
Originally posted by Star428
That was before world-wide terrorism (people cutting other peoples' heads off) starting becoming a major concern. Things have changed drastically.

Eh, before world wide terrosims we had world wide war.

The Relationship between immigration and terrorism is tenous at best anyways. Mexicans aren't blowing themselves up. Multiculturalism still has proved to be the best way to make a society healthy and America is the perfect example for it. Until other communities become as prosperous as America, they should practice multiculturalism widely thumb up

(You can make an argument about terrorism thriving because some societies are de facto cut off from the flux of intellectual and economical exchange. And because governments are set against other cultures. Let's never allow the West to follow that path thumb up )

Star428
Bentley, if you (and the rest of Europe) wanna open your arms to a bunch of potential terrorists be my guest. Just don't expect the U.S. to be so naive though to all of those people claiming they're just looking for a better place to live. Besides, terrorism isn't the only reason Americans (real ones, not democrats) don't want illegal immigrants in this country. We are not only tired of their criminal behavior but the fact that Obama offers them a lot of the same benefits that American citizens have and taxpayers have to pay to take care of them. The fact that they also are allowed to vote in some places and influence the elections is another major reason I want them gone. All of those extra illegal votes is the only chance democrats have of winning next election and Obama and the rest of the dumbasscrats know that whether they admit it or not. But yeah, anyone who thinks that ISIS sleeper agents aren't among those millions of ilegal aliens is kidding themselves and it's still a major concern. You continuing to say that "immigrants made America great" or "multiculturalism made America great" does not change that no matter how many times you say it. thumb up

Bentley
Bentley, if you (and the rest of Europe) wanna open your arms to a bunch of potential terrorists be my guest. Don't expect the U.S. to be so naive though to all of those people claiming they're just looking for a better place to live. Besides, terrorism isn't the only reason Americans (real ones, not democrats) don't want illegal immigrants in this country. We are not only tired of their criminal behavior but the fact that Obama offers them a lot of the same benefits that American citizens have and taxpayers have to pay to take care of them. BUt yeah, anyone who thinks that ISIS sleeper agents aren't among those millions of ilegal aliens is kidding themselves and it's still a major concern. You continuing to say that "immigrants made America great" or "multiculturalism made America great" does not change that no matter how many times you say it. thumb up

I think there is a healthy middle ground between pretending we can solve the concrete problems of war refugees and closing our countries entirely.

My argument isn't a sentimental appeal for current happenings, I'm honestly convinced that multicultural interactions are objectively a necessity for societies to develop into healthy nations. Nations that want to isolate themselves aren't the solution, they are the problem.

Star428
Bentley, if you (and the rest of Europe) wanna open your arms to a bunch of potential terrorists be my guest. Just don't expect the U.S. to be so naive though to all of those people claiming they're just looking for a better place to live. Besides, terrorism isn't the only reason Americans (real ones, not democrats) don't want illegal immigrants in this country. We are not only tired of their criminal behavior but the fact that Obama offers them a lot of the same benefits that American citizens have and taxpayers have to pay to take care of them. The fact that they also are allowed to vote in some places and influence the elections is another major reason I want them gone. All of those extra illegal votes is the only chance democrats have of winning next election and Obama and the rest of the dumbasscrats know that whether they admit it or not. But yeah, anyone who thinks that ISIS sleeper agents aren't among those millions of ilegal aliens is kidding themselves and it's still a major concern. You continuing to say that "immigrants made America great" or "multiculturalism made America great" does not change that no matter how many times you say it. thumb up

Safety should come first before anything else. Especially just having a bunch of extra democratic voters.

Star428
I think there is a healthy middle ground between pretending we can solve the concrete problems of war refugees and closing our countries entirely.

My argument isn't a sentimental appeal for current happenings, I'm honestly convinced that multicultural interactions are objectively a necessity for societies to develop into healthy nations. Nations that want to isolate themselves aren't the solution, they are the problem.

I have no problem with your opinion you stated in last sentence. Immigrants are always welcome in America. But, only for people who come here LEGALLY. Illegals have no damn right to be here. PERIOD. That's all I"m going to say on the subject.

Bentley
I have no problem with your opinion you stated in last sentence. Immigrants are always welcome in America. But, only for people who come here LEGALLY. Illegals have no damn right to be here. PERIOD. That's all I"m going to say on the subject.

I think it's a logical stance to expect your laws to actually mean something. No status quo should be built by openly ignoring regulations (if the laws are unfair to begin with, you fix them, you don't half-assedly ignore them).

long pig

Multiculturalism has done more bad than good lately. Time to take a break from it for a while.

Time-Immemorial
Multiculturalism has done more bad than good lately. Time to take a break from it for a while.

The framers never knew about islam and its future effect on the world. If they did, they would have written in a clause to say "No Muslim shall be president."

long pig
The framers never knew about islam and its future effect on the world. If they did, they would have written in a clause to say "No Muslim shall be president."
Its heavily implied.
They figured their descendants would have enough common sense to not have to implicitly tell them.

But, along came proggresives.....

Flyattractor
One of them was aware of Muslims. I can't remember which one at the mo, but he nearly crapped himself after he read the Quran. Happened after the events of the Barbary War in 1805.

Star428
Its heavily implied.
They figured their descendants would have enough common sense to not have to implicitly tell them.

But, along came proggresives.....

Sadly, yes.

Omega Vision
They studied European history. I think it's safe to say none of them would have had a particularly glowing idea of Islam. What they didn't consider is that the world would become so globalized that there would be the sort of massive, long-distance migrations that are going on now.

However that said, it doesn't matter what some old dead white men would say about who should or shouldn't be president, as the Founding Fathers would also have said "no woman shall be president" or "no negro shall be president" or "no Jew shall be president" or even "no Catholic shall be president"

And certainly none of the intelligent, cultured people in this thread would champion those points, would they?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.