Dread Master Free-for-All

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Reference: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/the-dread-masters-respect-thread/97192/

Battle takes place in the Seat of the Masters throne room on Oricon.

AncientPower
Bestia in my opinion.

Selenial
Going from a game mechanic perspective, only Brontes, Styrak and Tyrans faced the strike team without a shit tonne of Ilusions. Brontes was the only one who didn't use any, but at the same time she had a huge environmental advantage in her fight.

I'd give it to Tyrans or Styrak. Mainly because I think no dread master could take another on with illusions and mental attacks.

AncientPower
Yet Bestia is their most powerful member.

Selenial
Which is irrelevant since all of her combat feats are illusions and telepathy. She's not going to beat any of them like that.

She'd honestly die first.

AncientPower
Bestia's ability to temporarily maintain an invincible Force bubble whilst summoning a small army of Dread Larva and Dread Monsters is certainly not going to get her killed first.

Selenial
Originally posted by AncientPower
Bestia's ability to temporarily maintain an invincible Force bubble whilst summoning a small army of Dread Larva and Dread Monsters is certainly not going to get her killed first.

All of the dread Masters at some point employ an immunity technique, lol.

The only one who doesn't is Raptus, but he can teleport huge distances so what's the difference. And like I said, Illusions mean jack shit.

AncientPower
Those beasts aren't illusions, they are her small army of alchemical dread spawns. The fact that unlike the other five she has the Dread Seeds pretty solidly gives her the win.

Selenial
Except they dissipate when she dies and dissipate when she loses concentration. They're not actually legit beasts.

Dread Seeds aren't combat applicable and would amp the others as well, so no.

AncientPower
Except for the fact they come out of portals during her fight because of her summons, they are alchemical creations.

You have to actually use them for them to be effective, Bestia would be amplified by them.

SunRazer
Probably Styrak.

Selenial
The fact they come out of Portals means literally nothing. Even then, since this mentions nothing of prep, how is this remotely relevant?

Bestia loses, that's literally the most certain part of this matchup mmm

AncientPower
No it doesn't, the codex 'literally' says they are Bestia's alchemical creations. I am 99% sure the fight states she is using her portals to summon them from across space. They are a part of her standard equipment and she only needs to carry them to become more powerful. How are they not relevant?

How the **** is Bestia dying first more certain than Calphayus who has nothing but farsight? That's retarded.

Selenial
The portals stay open when she's dead, they're open after the palace is cleared even. She's not the one conjuring them or keeping them open, so how's it relevant to this fight whatsoever? Prove they're her "standard" equipment since she isn't shown carrying them in a combat situation (since they're huge, it'd be pretty obvious if she was).

And Calphayus has Ligtning feats, force corruption feats and force wave feats. Thing is though, he's not believed to be the strongest Dread Master, so who's going to go for him first? mmm

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by AncientPower
How the **** is Bestia dying first more certain than Calphayus who has nothing but farsight? That's retarded.
My vote goes to either Styrak or Brontes. Bestia's the most powerful but I don't think she has a good chance here. Her main thing is alchemy and Styrak > her.

Brontes strikes as the most overwhelming and greatest combatant on the field. Styrak has shown to be masterful on all fields of Dread Master expertise, tbh.

Also, Calphayus is probably the best at illusions of all the Dread Masters. He mind****ed the protag team with visions of the past and future. Pretty badass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.