Spider-man Vs Plastic Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsk7bnc2tg.jpg

No prep. No BFR. Midtown Manhattan. Random rooftop to start.

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpscthgkpe6.jpg

DarkSaint85
Plas, though Spidey has a good record of fighting elemental types and using his surroundings.

carver9
Plastic Man stomps.

deathslash
Can't see spidey taking even one win tbh

Digi
Lol. Yeah, this isn't even close.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Plastic Man stomps.

BruceSkywalker
Spidey gets his arse beat

SamZED
Plastic Man obviously.
Although... how is PM resistance to cold? Pete has those insta freeze capsules as a standard equipment.

riv6672
Insta freeze?

Mindset
Originally posted by riv6672
Insta freeze? Insta freeze.

riv6672
Ah, insta freeze.

Well, Plas has come back nicely from being magically transformed into a pig, so, i think he'd be ok.

leonidas
pretty sure he has been cracked via cold....it wouldn't kill him, but it would certainly act long enough to be a forum ko. depends on him much of him the tabs could freeze i guess.

Digi
Depends on how many appearances we count to consider it standard, and also if it could be modified to work on PM. It one-shot Hydroman in hilariously easy fashion, but iirc it was shot INTO him and worked directly on his water-based composition. It's unclear if it would even work on PM.

In short, nice idea Sam, and yes it's his only hope. But I remain skeptical.

riv6672
^^^of like mind, Spider-ham not withstanding.

Surtur
Plastic Man is more or less immortal and does indeed stomp. In fact he could just grow to the size of a skyscraper and literally stomp on him.

riv6672
Spidey'd crawl up his leg. Size isnt really an advantage against really competent heroes.

zopzop
Spidey'd crawl up his leg. Size isnt really an advantage against really competent PIS/CIS based heroes.
I agree. PM still stomps though.

riv6672
^^^if you say so. Oh wait, you didnt, i did. I think.

Surtur
Spidey'd crawl up his leg. Size isnt really an advantage against really competent heroes.

The problem isn't just the size alone though. He could form various shapes out of himself to make it extremely difficult for Spider-Man to even climb up his leg. Spider-Man is also fast, but if PM grows large enough he can step on him before he even gets a chance to climb up his leg. Not only can he grow in size, but he can also alter his own density, so he really just would need one good stomp.

riv6672
My response was geared towards "grow to skyscraper size". Still is, really. Plas at that size isnt just trying to fight, but avoid killing people/destroying property. Puts him at a disadvantage.
As a tactic, it falls well short of just staying at a reasonable size.

Digi
We're splitting hairs. There is a HUGE discrepancy in power here. Any attempt to justify a Spidey win is an absurd stretch.

riv6672
^^^haha, stretch. laughing

Also, tell that to Firelord. wink

Surtur
My response was geared towards "grow to skyscraper size". Still is, really. Plas at that size isnt just trying to fight, but avoid killing people/destroying property. Puts him at a disadvantage.
As a tactic, it falls well short of just staying at a reasonable size.

Well if you want to take property damage into consideration sure, I just assumed this was in the middle of an abandoned city, not one that was populated.

Plus didn't the guy kind of already grow sky scraper sized in a comic..in the middle of a city? Did the JLA evacuate every single person in the city prior to that?

riv6672
Interesting debate tactic, since i wasnt the writer of the comic i cant speak to it.
I am responsible for the OP, though, and the city isnt abandoned. The city is never abandoned unless stated in any thread, actually.

If you want Plas/stomp to be your attack then have at it. I just pointed out its NOT a great attack.

Surtur
I'm simply saying that if you are saying it's not in character for him to do this..then why in a comic was it in character for him to do it? Since I really don't recall the JLA evacuating every single person out of the city.

I guess you could say against Fernus he had no choice, while with Spidey he has about a billion options. If he wants to be a dick he shrink down and jump into his mouth and then change back to normal size and explode out of his chest. But then..yeah there is that pesky "he's not usually a murderer" thing. But it would be funny though.

riv6672
Speaking of putting things in people's mouths...i never said it wasnt in character. I said it wast smart/gigantic size against a competent hero isnt really an advantage.
Again, so we can avoid you in my mouth, i just think its not a great attack.

Surtur
But it's an advantage when you can change your size, shape, AND density. He needs one good stomp. Spider-Man is quick, but the guy can't teleport and would end up smushed.

If you weren't talking about it being in character I don't know why you mentioned him trying to avoid damaging the city. Since the only reason would be to try to avoid hurting people, which would be because in character PM doesn't kill.

riv6672
So my clarifying your assumption about my OP is somehow taking this into a characterization debate?
Nah.
You just used possibly the worst of the dozens of ways Plas has to get a win as your example of HOW he'd get a win.
You can double talk/add caveats/make assumptions all you like. Grow big and smush? Not a smart attack.

Digi
Ok. Enter Pete's lungs and suffocate him until he passes out. But, as you say, that's one among dozens of ways.

Also, I assume the Firelord reference was a joke. Just like that fight, PM would need to agree to fighting with a fraction of his power, and Pete would need about five plot devices, to win.

tkitna
Spite. Plastic Man kills Pete every single time

riv6672
^^^i dont do blood lusted characters. yucky

Canon, thou art a heartless wench! wink

DarkSaint85
Like Panther and Surfer!

riv6672
Ebony and Ivory...yes

Digi
Canon, thou art a heartless wench! wink

I'm a Spidey fan; you're preaching to the choir. But it means nothing in the context of this fight. PM toys with him until he decides to destroy him.

srug

riv6672
I never said Plas wouldnt win, though if viable arguments had been made for Spidey winning, i'd have been ok with that, too.

Mindset
I can't see anyway Spiderman doesn't win 10/10.

riv6672
Tell us more...

namorsubby
Spiderman will.....invent non porous webbing to contain him in....on the spot....umm who made this?

riv6672
Originally posted by namorsubby
....umm who made this?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=145964

Mindset
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=145964 Ha, that guy looks like a jabroni, amirite friend?

Vanguard
Plastic man for the win. It's just that damn webbing for Spiderman....I hate that stuff.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Vanguard
Plastic man for the win. It's just that damn webbing for Spiderman....I hate that stuff.

He'd have to hope Plas can't squeeze out of there...better make it airtight.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111131983/3362612-3339448-9095058117-finge.jpg

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindset
Ha, that guy looks like a jabroni, amirite friend?
There are no pictures of him in his profile, though there is one in his sig.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Surtur
I'm simply saying that if you are saying it's not in character for him to do this..then why in a comic was it in character for him to do it? Since I really don't recall the JLA evacuating every single person out of the city.

I guess you could say against Fernus he had no choice, while with Spidey he has about a billion options. If he wants to be a dick he shrink down and jump into his mouth and then change back to normal size and explode out of his chest.

confused

But then..yeah there is that pesky "he's not usually a murderer" thing ...

confused

... it would be FUNNY, though ...

confused

"Surtur" is just a screen-name you've chosen, right?

Well if you want to take property damage into consideration sure, I just assumed this was in the middle of an abandoned city, not one that was populated.

Plus didn't kind of already grow sky scraper sized in a comic ... in the middle of a city? Did the JLA evacuate every single person in the city prior to that?

I'm thinking now that you have NO idea of how close you're actually coming to describing what happens in that Fernus (Trial by Fire) storyline.

Look up JLA v1 #89 or a review of the same when you get the chance.

namorsubby
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=145964

The statement wasn't literal I was insinuating that spiderman has absolutely no chance of....and you know that you were just being witty.

What exactly will spider do though?

riv6672
....and you know that you were just being witty.
I only ever get halfway there according to most.

What exactly will spider do though?
Whatever a spider can.

Seriously though, i wanted to see if anyone came up with something viable.

namorsubby
Non porous webbing with prep? Freeze webbing with prep? I got nothing else pal I'm trying...

DarkSaint85
Non porous webbing with prep? Freeze webbing with prep? I got nothing else pal I'm trying...

Yah, his cold capsules may be the only thing that may help.

I mean, supposing he gets webbed up - he can just shapeshift out of there. And considering he has the strength to go toe-to-toe with a Burning Martian, I wouldn't bet on the webbing holding him.

Plas has tanked cold before, too.

namorsubby
You've been countering my points effectively throughout threads recently and it's making me very unhappy. You'll just have to live with the guilt.

I was just about to reference whether his strength could overcome the webbing if it was non porous. Then you bring that up. Your a piece of work you know that? Still....PM is not known for his superhuman strength technically.

Cold webs....I'll just go with the cold webs.

DarkSaint85
If it helps, I never knew he had any real degree of super strength either. Until the Fernus storyline.....

namorsubby
It doesn't. You are a formidable adversary and now a life long enemy except when I'm logged off or you choose to agree with me....then we'll be friends.

Spider will punch him in his face....if he has a recognizable face at that moment. Peter wins.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
If it helps, I never knew he had any real degree of super strength either. Until the Fernus storyline.....
All stretching characters have super strength to some degree, if you look at the things they do.
I once started a thread trying to determine the level.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.