Emergency Sorcerer Supreme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
A cataclysmic magical battle to save earth has resulted in Dr. Strange and all competent magic users being wiped out. Nobody obvious is left to fill the role of Sorcerer Supreme.

Declaring an emergency, the Ancient One returns to the mortal plane to find and train the replacement who will one day take up the mantle of the new Sorcerer Supreme. He must now choose from this lineup:

Reed Richards
Earth's Scientist Supreme Hank Pym
Maker
Hulk/Banner
Superior Spider-Man
Stark
Hawkeye
Cyclops
Batman
Blue Marvel
Xavier
Sentry
Captain America (Steve)
Rocket Racoon
Thor
Vision
Groot

Who does he pick if limited to just these candidates?

DarkSaint85
Groot.

Imagine. Every. Single. Spell.

riv6672
^^^Post of the day, right there.

byrdgang21
Out of this list Id have to say Thor or Parker. Thor has the obvious mystic connection. Parker b/c I think his mind would be more open to it than the rest.

Although I'd just like to see a Sorceror Supreme Hulk.

Galan007
Rocket Racoon would just be hilarious with actual powa. thumb up

Johncornwell
Imagine the possiblites if Deadpool was given the chance...

beatboks
Pym already has an understanding of magical energy from a purely scientific perspective (it's how he was able to counter a plan of Loki's in Avengers). Batman also has a small amount of knowledge of magic shown on a handful of occasions. I'd say since these two start with a little knowledge they would be the front runners.

riv6672
Originally posted by Johncornwell
Imagine the possiblites if Deadpool was given the chance...
At first i was like: No. Then i was like: Nooooooo.

Henry_Pym
Pym is the obvious choice but he would probably be disqualified as the sorcerer and scientists are counter balances.

Off the list probably BM or Rogers as they are the most disciplined.

Stoic
Thor

8swords
Punisher, close thread

basilisk
Originally posted by beatboks
Pym already has an understanding of magical energy from a purely scientific perspective (it's how he was able to counter a plan of Loki's in Avengers). Batman also has a small amount of knowledge of magic shown on a handful of occasions. I'd say since these two start with a little knowledge they would be the front runners.

Originally posted by byrdgang21
Out of this list Id have to say Thor or Parker. Thor has the obvious mystic connection. Parker b/c I think his mind would be more open to it than the rest.

Although I'd just like to see a Sorceror Supreme Hulk.

It's not all about knowledge though, it's also the person. Mordo was far more advanced than noob Strange, but Strange got the job. Despite Thor being the only magic guy on the list I'm not sure he has the mental discipline or intelligence for the job.

Batman has certainly mastered many other disciplines but I wonder if he would give up everything else up to take on the role?

Parker might actually be quite good - but he seems too attached to his science.

long pig
Originally posted by 8swords
Punisher, close thread
Fk you. Open thread.

"Id"
Xavier

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"
Xavier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.