Should countries outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am
Should countries outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka?

http://cloudmind.info/hijab-niqab-and-burka-faq/

More and more Muslims are immigrating into western nations with varying degrees of success.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thXCb1VUBDg&feature=player_embedded

Canada, not generally known as racist or intolerant, being a nation of immigrants, do not seem to have much use or tolerance for Muslim customs and having a religion dictate what women will wear.

http://www.therebel.media/in_quebec_the_niqab_issue?utm_campaign=rr_09_25_15&utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel

Is Canada becoming intolerant and fed up with religions or is there some other reason for Canadian hard line against hijab niqab and burka?

What of the U.S.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAJGXI5l88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEHQU3w7Drc

Canada has not had a lot of problems to date. A few Honor killings when the young have refused to dress in the traditional way. I think that I would vote with the vast majority just to end Canadian Honor killings. I also see this as a safety issue in the sense that in a nation where so many do a lot of driving, to add blind spots caused by head and face wear seems like a poor idea.

To be frank though, I see Christianity and Islam as homophobic and misogynous religions and would vote for any measure that would reduce misogyny.

Are the large majority in Canada and elsewhere who would outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka wrong?

Regards
DL

long pig
Outlaw Islam imo.

FinalAnswer
Outlaw religion imo

Mindset
Outlaw laws imo

long pig
Outlaw in laws imo.

Greatest I am
"Outlaw religion imo"

If only I could.

Regards
DL

Star428
Originally posted by long pig
Outlaw Islam imo.

It should be outlawed in the U.S., imo.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Star428

Along with all the Abrahamic cults as they all produce homophobes and misogynous men.

Regards
DL

Surtur
Originally posted by Greatest I am
"Outlaw religion imo"

If only I could.

Regards
DL

On paper this would sound good, but I think outlawing religion would ultimately make things worse. Don't get me wrong it is my opinion the world would just be better off without religion(again just my opinion people can obviously disagree).

However, there is a difference between that and outlawing it. If you outlawed it I think it would just increase peoples religious fervor. Some religious groups already feel they are "persecuted" so it would just add fuel to that fire imo.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by long pig
Outlaw Islam imo.

+ 1

I would include Christianity which is just as immoral a creed.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Outlaw religion imo

I think they are redundant and even harmful to us today and so I agree with you.

Religions were created for entertainment but we allowed them to gain power that we should take back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7BHvN6rZZA

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Mindset
Outlaw laws imo

You do not seem to recognize tat we are rule followers and that is why we invent so many. It is also for order and our own protection.

Would you think the roads safe without any laws or rules?

I did not think so.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Star428

Along with Christianity, yes.

That is also a homophobic and misogynous religion and is only marginally better than Islam.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Surtur
On paper this would sound good, but I think outlawing religion would ultimately make things worse. Don't get me wrong it is my opinion the world would just be better off without religion(again just my opinion people can obviously disagree).

However, there is a difference between that and outlawing it. If you outlawed it I think it would just increase peoples religious fervor. Some religious groups already feel they are "persecuted" so it would just add fuel to that fire imo.

I hear you but the conversation and debate as to if we should let the Noble Lie persist should be had.

If you do not see the Noble Lie at work, then just publicly discussing the morality, homophobia and misogyny produced by the mainstream religions would serve us well.

Regards
DL

Time-Immemorial

To be frank though, I see Christianity and Islam as homophobic and misogynous religions and would vote for any measure that would reduce misogyny.

Regards
DL

Can you expand on this, because America and Christians are more tolerant of homosexuality then 95% of the other countries around the world.

Adam Grimes
You do not seem to recognize tat we are rule followers and that is why we invent so many. It is also for order and our own protection.

Would you think the roads safe without any laws or rules?

I did not think so.

Regards
DL Way safer.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Law Religion or religion laws or better yet religion outlaw or law it!

Prof. T.C McAbe
No, one should never outlaw something that isn't already outlawed just because of a minority but a country also shouldn't adjust the countries for people who move there. So no special holidays for religions or extra treatment for "foreign" religions or traditions.

Means, if there are laws how an animal should be treated, everyone has to stick to it, if there are laws that women and men are equals, everyone has to stick to it, if wearing a cap, hood or whatever is not allowed in school or on demonstrations, everyone has to stick to it.

One thing that is wrong here in Germany. Some turks expect from their daughters to marry another turk and remain a virgin, yet their boys are allowed to plow through any non muslim girl if they want because they are "lesser" anyway, to put it friendly, if a turkish girl has a non muslim boyfriend and god beware has sex with him, it can end in a honor killing. We had some issues with this quite often, the cases where it isn't made public are higher and most of the turkish girls stand to this tradition out of fear. I would have zero tolerance against such an mindset.

If you go to a country and want to live there, stick to their rules and behave like a good guest.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Can you expand on this, because America and Christians are more tolerant of homosexuality then 95% of the other countries around the world.

Yes and no.

Most of the West has recognized that being gay is not unnatural in any sense. It is seen as just another condition, somewhat like a heath condition at birth. I say health because in a species that uses sex to reproduce, if all of us had that condition humanity would die out.

Some do not like that I use the word condition but I do not know what else to name it. Heterosexual is also a condition in my mind so I am not discriminating negatively by using that word.

Christians have become more tolerant, but just recently, and there are still a lot of Christians fighting the trend to civilization.

Much of Christianity and especially Islam is still quite misogynous.

FMPOV. Neither religion is worthy of respect and are both immoral creeds.

Why the world has tolerated them for this long I cannot fathom.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Way safer.

You either joke or are a fool.

Regards
DL

Jesus McBurger
People should be able to believe whatever they want to believe as long as they dont harm others

Agusto Pinochet
Japan has the right idea

http://chersonandmolschky.com/2015/04/13/islamic-terrorism-japan/

AsbestosFlaygon
Yes, especially non-Muslim countries. You should assimilate within the society you live in, not create a cultural barrier because of the traditions/norms you used to follow in your country.

Agusto Pinochet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.