Revan/Darth Malak vs. Darth Bane/Darth Malgus (Ligtsabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Unamped Darth Malak
*Revan as of Shadow of Revan
*Darth Bane as of Dynasty of Evil
*False Emperor Malgus

*Lightsabers/Hand to hand only

Fight takes place on neutral ground

DarthAnt66
Team one. Revan's an army-buster and Malak's almost as good / just as good / better than him.

In hand-to-hand, Revan's a master of echani and Battle Precog., so I doubt he would be a weak-link.

Aurbere
thumb up Agreed.

Probably a decent fight tho.

Revanchiste

Nephthys
Lightsabers only, team 1 gets stomped.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lightsabers only, team 1 gets stomped.
erm

SunRazer
Revan's on par with/slightly better than Bane and Malak is only somewhat behind Malgus in sabers. Team 2 wins, but not easily. lol @ the notion of a stomp, though.

Nephthys
Stating Revan is a better duelist than Bane or even on par with him is laughable. Bane's much stronger, faster and more skilled.

SunRazer
Bane isn't faster or more skilled in his wildest dreams, lol. I doubt his strength makes a difference either.

Nephthys
Revan has nothing on being faster than wielding a dozen lightsabers at once from the perspective of a powerful force sensitive.

And can you please name me a single decent saber skill feat of Revan's?

Deronn_solo
Revan has nothing on being faster than wielding a dozen lightsabers at once from the perspective of a powerful force sensitive.

Didn't he do that while amped by the Orbalisk? And I don't recall it being in Zannah's perspective, either. erm

S_W_LeGenD

And can you please name me a single decent saber skill feat of Revan's?
Admittedly, not much is known about Revan's technical prowess in Jedi dueling arts, his precognitive abilities are excellent nonetheless and he also have tactical mindset. These qualities make him a formidable duelist, apparent from his performance against Imperial Guard.

Moreover, speed is not an issue for Revan. He can react to moves of extremely fast Force-users without any problem.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Admittedly, not much is known about Revan's technical prowess in Jedi dueling arts, his precognitive abilities are excellent nonetheless and he also have tactical mindset. These qualities make him a formidable duelist, apparent from his performance against Imperial Guard.

Moreover, speed is not an issue for Revan. He can react to moves of extremely fast Force-users without any problem.

That's right I HATE feat policy.....

+Revan is stated as being one of the most skill light sbaer duelist..

By looking at staticlay long and deep alanys we know that he mostly over rely on basic and exotic force amps to be precise cuning and clearly faster than most other top force user of his era, combined this with his martyial art knowledge his strategical genius and inventivity + the fact that the dude had acess to Tulak hord's light saber technics....
Ad this the facat that his method of fighting is describe as not very orthodhox...
You basicly know that Darth revan is a super mother****er... A clear rapist... He can clear entire army of Jedi without killing a single one, thus having more Dark Side adepts...

But Here we are dealing with SoR revan who have probably forgotten half of his light saber skills....

Bane lookk nothing compare to Revan and Revna holocron was badly dammage check your god damn sources they all say the same !!!!

Nephthys
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Didn't he do that while amped by the Orbalisk? And I don't recall it being in Zannah's perspective, either. erm

Yes, however in DoE Zannah states that Bane is faster than he was (faster than she could ever have imagined) and also it was from Zannah's perspective.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Revan is certainly a strong duelist, sure. Bane is just better all around though.

Also technically speaking, Bane has demonstrated superior tactical prowess in single combat than Revan has. Amusingly enough. Not even accounting that SoR Revan is a certified lunatic.

DarthAnt66
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4044933/trying-not-to-laugh-o.gif

FreshestSlice
I can't tell. Is that in response to Neph or Revanchiste? Either could warrant the same response.

DarthAnt66
Most(ish) of what Revanchiste said was true (even if a lot is pretty stretched / exaggerated / speculation), tbh.

FreshestSlice
I always knew Revan was a rapist. He's got that creepy uncle look going hard.

DarthAnt66
Well if you look at the age gap between Bastila and Revan...

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4044933/trying-not-to-laugh-o.gif

Yeah, it's pretty ironic that in what we've actually seen, Bane's pulled off better strats in duels than Revan has.

DarthAnt66
Zannah vs Revan/Malak duo, Neph? Sabers only.

FreshestSlice
Well if you look at the age gap between Bastila and Revan...
19 is legal. Barely legal, but still legal.

DarthAnt66
Kinda funny since he must have pounded her on the Ebon Hawk since she was pregnant a couple months after.

Just picture Juhani and Mission just standing there awkwardly hearing them moan LMFAO.

FreshestSlice
In true BioWare fashion, most of the others probably all just sit there and try to ignore it, but never fully succeed. Then they awkwardly bring it up later when they're losing an argument.

Selenial
Kinda funny since he must have pounded her on the Ebon Hawk since she was pregnant a couple months after.

Just picture Juhani and Mission just standing there awkwardly hearing them moan LMFAO.

Well according to HK they used to regularly go bang in the cargo hold. I imagine they locked the blast doors which muffled most of the sounds...

Stigma
Interesting fight tbh.

Revanchiste
Still anyone wanna hear my description of Revan lightsaber fighting style???

Stigma
Yes! Go ahead.

QuakeBlood
up

Ursumeles
Team 1. Revan>=<Bane, Malak>Malgus

chingchangwalla
Bane is a serious weakness. Malgus could take down one before he falls though

Ursumeles
Imo, Malgus is the weak link, lol.

TenebrousWay
Revan>Malgus~Bane>Malak or Revan>Malgus>Bane~Malak

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Imo, Malgus is the weak link, lol.

Lack of feats?

darthbane77
Revan and Malak in a good fight.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Lack of feats?
More or less, yeah. I have the FE in the miidle of Tier 8, but not exactly on the Level of Bane, Revan or Malak, tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
Bane and Malgus.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Ursumeles
More or less, yeah. I have the FE in the miidle of Tier 8, but not exactly on the Level of Bane, Revan or Malak, tbh.

Yeah, he's far less documented than the others. I position him higher (low 9) mainly due to Sidious' accolades, especially considering that Sidious tracked both Malgus and Bane texts and highlighted the former capabilities as warrior.

The fact that Sidious put Malgus on the same ballpark* as Talzin, Bane, Sorzus Syn and Plagueis solely due to his capacity as a warrior is something I put great value in.

But I understand your more skeptical approach. By feats alone, we don't have much to compare.

*Obivously, not generally in power but in importance to the Sith tradition, too.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Yeah, he's far less documented than the others. I position him higher (low 9) mainly due to Sidious' accolades, especially considering that Sidious tracked both Malgus and Bane texts and highlighted the former capabilities as warrior.

The fact that Sidious put Malgus on the same ballpark* as Talzin, Bane, Sorzus Syn and Plagueis solely due to his capacity as a warrior is something I put great value in.

But I understand your more skeptical approach. By feats alone, we don't have much to compare.

*Obivously, not generally in power but in importance to the Sith tradition, too.
Yeah. I still see him superior to the SoR Protags in the Force, and just under them in sabers. Also, I wouldn't put too much, in Palpatkne having him in the same ballpark as Plagueis-he put Bane there too, and Bane is canonically far weaker than Plagueis. Still a good quote, nonethless.

Ascendancy
Bane has the highest and best detailed saber feats of the four, and his showings put him at a level above the other three. The rain feat, Zannah's perception of where he is in DoE, and his combat throughout the trilogy put him at the top of this foursome easily. Given what Malgus, who again has rather detailed descriptions of what he can manage, did in both the novel and SWTOR he and Bane easily take the day in a saber duel.

Malak is poo relatively speaking here, and Revan's strengths without a doubt lie almost entirely in the realm of pure Force manipulation, not saber combat.

Nephthys
thumb up

SunRazer
Nobody's taking anybody "easily". And because Revan's strengths lie in the Force means that he's inept at saber combat? Tell that to Sidious, who'd shit on Bane and Malgus together.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by SunRazer
Nobody's taking anybody "easily". And because Revan's strengths lie in the Force means that he's inept at saber combat? Tell that to Sidious, who'd shit on Bane and Malgus together.

No, because Revan has relatively weak showings in saber combat means that he wouldn't do well against Bane or Malgus, certainly not well enough to overcome them. I do recall Sidious wrecking house with sabers on more than one occasion. We have descriptions in multiple locations as to his prowess and speed in saber combat. We don't have such for Revan either visually or written. We see and read of him doing great things in the Force, not with sabers. His saber mastery is lacking.
Amazing Force feats /= amazing saber feats.

DarthAnt66
Ascendancy continues to prove himself as a legitimate contender for most stupid member.

Tondemonai
Team 2 in an amazing fight. I vaguely remember Meetra saying that Revan was a better duelist than her, but I'd have to go back and check. Personally, I have Malgus as the mvp here, but not by much at all. Malak is the weak link here, and I'm sure that he'd go down against Bane before anything major happens between Revan and Malgus.

hysterical hysterical hysterical

DarthAnt66
Malak can handle Bane, honestly.

Ursumeles
Malak can handle Bane, honestly.
Yupp. Imo, Malak is here the most skilled, though he is outclassed in overall combative sabers ability by Revan.

Ascendancy
Yep, Malak certainly has greater speed and combat feats than Bane. I don't know what I'm thinking.

DarthAnt66
No one does. thumb up

Ascendancy
But seriously, this is why this forum is utter garbage half the time. All these, "I win because I say I'm right" empty replies. If you think that someone is superior give examples of why. All the name calling and "I'm right, end thread" mess is pathetic. Even in the thread that I began with a group of Force users taking on the entire Dread Council several posters stated that Luke, Sidious, or Revan could solo the entirety of the six at maximum power, but when called out about it not a single one gave reasons for their argument as to how this was possible. Six dark side practitioners who have studied arcane rituals and techniques for centuries and some want to argue that they'd basically be pushed aside without batting an eye by combatants who have literally never seen their like.

Back to the topic at hand. State your case with a reasoned approach or don't post at all. Revan has rather large feats in the Force, but not in saber combat, and most certainly not in comparison to Bane or Malgus. Malak is lacking even further.

If you wish to declare that not to be the case then do so with evidence. Otherwise, I will simply assume that you are incapable of having a discussion based on fact and accept that reading anything you post is a bigger waste of time than I previously thought.

DarthAnt66
Lmfao, someone's upset Revan would spank Bane. laughing out loud How does it feel to be Beni Lite? Pretty terribly, I imagine.

I love the "either do X or you're Y" demands, as if you're in any position to cement superiority over your seniors.

Tell us why Kas'im is the best duelist ever, reflecting rain drops is unparalleled, and why KMC sucks some more.

If you're lucky, Neph might even be listening. eek!

Nephthys
Sorry Ascendancy, I don't have text to speech on.

You're totally right though and Ant has nothing here except empty posturing.

DarthAnt66
Yawn. I'd gladly debate Revan vs Bane, but today doesn't work. Try Monday afternoon.

Not sure if I'm interested in hearing Ascendancy's hypocrisy and double-standards though.

Which actually somehow manages to be worse than Neph's, who's the poster-boy of that stuff.

Nephthys
Good decision. Maybe by Monday Revan will have gotten a single dueling feat of note. But I doubt it.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.