FOTJ Luke Skywalker vs. SOR Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Who wins?

Deronn_solo
KEK.
Luke every single time.

DarthAnt66
Luke 9/10 times, lol. The 1/10 is his customary shitty performance that we see every so often (ex. Desann, Lumiya).

Aurbere
TBH, Ant makes a fair point. I was just thinking about stuff like that today. Revan would do much better than Desann or Lumiya if Luke were in that kind of mood.

Emperordmb
tbf, Desaan was decades before FOTJ, and Lumiya was interposing civilians between herself and Luke in their LOTF fight and Alema Rar also interfered pretty notably.

Deronn_solo
Of course you of all people is going to agree with Ant, Aurbere. You're like Gokudera to his Tsuna, KEK.

Luke was far from his prime against Desann - and he didn't really do shit but shove him and run afterwards. Plus, Luke's holds back in proportion to who he's facing - no way would he hold back to the same extent against someone as dangerous as Revan.

Edit: Also, what DMB said about the Lumiya thing.

DarthAnt66
IIRC, Luke lost to Desann a year or so after besting Palpatine.

Just accept he's the most inconsistent character in Star Wars.

Deronn_solo
Luke didn't lose to Desann, though - the latter just ****ing shoved him and ran away afterwards KEK. Luke's inconsistency is there because, he holds back to a significant degree because of his brushes with the darkside, as stated in like, 3-4 different sources. By himself, Mara Jade, and the omniscient third -person narrator.

Skywalker pushes Revan's shit in.

DarthAnt66
kek @ the notion of anyone short of galactic entities stomping Revan.

Deronn_solo
KEK @ Luke not being a galactic entity.

Emperordmb
*shudders* Too much ****ing "kek"

I miss the good old "lol" sad

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
KEK @ DMB's lol

And kek @ Luke stomping Revan

DarthAnt66
thumb up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwRrpG2Z2Ig&t=0m20s

This ****er wasn't stomping Revan. You think Luke w/ morals could?

laughing out loud

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
This ****er wasn't stomping half of Revan.

Deronn_solo
Luke pinned Caudes without even gesturing - he would rag-doll molest Revan.

DarthAnt66
We aren't talking about uber_pissed_off_who_sustained_a_shit_ton_of_his injuries_by_the_guy_ who_tortured_his_son_Luke. erm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Damn DC, you just got me thinking about how much wank Revan's got from KOTFE.

AncientPower
So Caedus > Revan?

Caedus > HoT, Scourge, Marr, Shan, & Lana confirmed tbh.

Those five even without their back-up make Katarn & Co. look pathetic and would give Caedus a hell of a fight if not win.

Now on-topic: Luke wins but never easily.

NewGuy01
We aren't talking about uber_pissed_off_who_sustained_a_shit_ton_of_his injuries_by_the_guy_ who_tortured_his_son_Luke. erm

The chair thing happened before that. erm

DarthAnt66
Wasn't it the same scene Luke came in while Caedus was tormenting / with Ben though?

Deronn_solo
Anyone with an inkling of knowledge on Caedus woukd know he is on Revan's level as a combatant.
Even if you do want to wank him above that level, no way can you make a case he is so far above him, that Luke's casual dominance of Jacen entire person with a gesture, wouldn't translate to wrecking Revan in the Force.

Also KEK.
Caedus was heavily injured from near fatal injuries when he fought Katarn and company. He would have shit on them utterly if he was 100% healthy.

DarthAnt66
DC's arguments make me want to kill myself.

Deronn_solo
Go an hero then, Ant. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
His NJO wank is quite overpowering. I forgot whether or not he had Caedus > Vitiate :mmm:

DC, stick to wanking Joruus, The Hidden One, Irek, and Unu.

S_W_LeGenD
IMO, Revan and Darth Caedus are in the same league. Though I believe that Darth Caedus is relatively superior duelist while Revan is relatively superior Force-user.

As for this contest, Luke Skywalker may win but Revan would prove to be a tough opponent and make him work for it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Holy shit.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
So Caedus > Revan?

Caedus > HoT, Scourge, Marr, Shan, & Lana confirmed tbh.

Sounds about right, yeah. Also I like how Scourge, who says **** all, is the person you randomly with no evidence attributed to be there.

AncientPower
Any of the protags could have gone and brought any one of their crew with them for Yavin IV. I am by no means claiming the Hero and Scourge were any more likely than anybody else. I am however claiming that the Hero and Scourge could have been there too and that, that would be the high-end scenario for Revan's feat.

It's a possibility and as a possibility remains indicative of how strong a force Revan might have beaten. Me and Nova share that mentality towards SWTOR.

FreshestSlice
Any of the protags could have gone and brought any one of their crew with them for Yavin IV. I am by no means claiming the Hero and Scourge were any more likely than anybody else. I am however claiming that the Hero and Scourge could have been there too and that, that would be the high-end scenario for Revan's feat.

A complete and total gameplay mechanic. The only confirmed Force users there are Marr, Satele, Lana, and to be generous the HoT. The only people who actually participate in anything.

That's great. I didn't ask and I don't care, but thanks for sharing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
technically Freshest, you never really asked for anything, ever. You didn't ask to be fed everyday. You didn't ask to be swaddled. You didn't ask anyone for anything. And yet you got it. Live with it. Forever. And ever.

AncientPower
@FS Feel free to post anything substantive any time soon. Meanwhile I will air on the side of common sense.

S_W_LeGenD
IMO, the Strike Team assembled on Yavin IV to stop Revan was overkill.

AncientPower
Not really, he barely lost both fights. The first was a slight victory, the second was due to interference and the fact Revan had just been fighting.

S_W_LeGenD
Not really, he barely lost both fights. The first was a slight victory, the second was due to interference and the fact Revan had just been fighting.
If this is true then I am elevating Revan and placing him above the likes of Darths Plagueis and Caedus.

AncientPower
According to Revan the strike team barely defeated him (Spirit!Revan) helped out there to. He then asks the protag how the hell they think they will defeat him by themselves. Then the Scoobie Gang shows up. Revan despite being significantly spent and weakened fought them off and would have won if not for Spirit!Revan and Shan's BM amp.

It was all a seriously close battle.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
technically Freshest, you never really asked for anything, ever. You didn't ask to be fed everyday. You didn't ask to be swaddled. You didn't ask anyone for anything. And yet you got it. Live with it. Forever. And ever.
>Implying I ever got those things. You just don't understand how hard my life has been.
@FS Feel free to post anything substantive any time soon. Meanwhile I will air on the side of common sense.
"My opinions>yours," is a lot less words to type. But as soon as you show me that anyone from the HoT's crew is confirmed to be there, let alone Scourge, I'll be happy to. You made a claim, now back it up.

AncientPower
I made a logical inferrence, you are claiming that we need to be hand-held by statements to prove a possibility. This isn't appropriate logic to apply at all when faced with SWTOR. SoR and the entire game was designed to have comps on solo missions. The entire Yavin IV arc is meant for bringing companions and you can lose/gain influence with comps during those missions.

Saying they can't be there because they don't speak up is equal to claiming that the companions as a whole did nothing between Act III and 4.0. Which itself is very flawed.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
>Implying I ever got those things. You just don't understand how hard my life has been. http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140605232214/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/1/1f/Crying.gif

carthage
Luke takes him out

Trocity
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Luke Skywalker may win

Nephthys
Wasn't it the same scene Luke came in while Caedus was tormenting / with Ben though?

No. Luke goes to see Caedus in his room and when Jacen threatens him Luke pins him to his chair without even looking at him. Jacen keeps tryng to get up but Luke holds him there so strongly that his chair buckles.

I can't remember if it's that scene or another one where Luke and Jaden are talking and its revealed Luke was just an illusion the whole time.

There's also another scene where they're dogfighting and Luke starts messing up Jacens engines. Jacen tries to stop him and "he suddenly found out just how much power his uncle could bring to bare", his seat shears off the floor and Jacen breaks his collarbone on his control panel.

ILS
Wasn't it the same scene Luke came in while Caedus was tormenting / with Ben though? Naw, quite a bit before it. Luke was perfectly calm as he pinned Caedus to a chair without gesture and held him there while he got the elevator out.

ILS
Also, Revan takes a seat.

FreshestSlice
I made a logical inferrence, you are claiming that we need to be hand-held by statements to prove a possibility. This isn't appropriate logic to apply at all when faced with SWTOR. SoR and the entire game was designed to have comps on solo missions. The entire Yavin IV arc is meant for bringing companions and you can lose/gain influence with comps during those missions.

Yeah, this may come as a surprise to you, but I've played TOR before. What you're describing is a gameplay mechanic needed for certain playstyles, and unless told otherwise, which does happen from time to time, no companion actually needs to be there. What you did is say, "And is ____ greater than ____," as this was some definite scenario that happened. It's not. Not a single boss in this game requires a companion unless stated otherwise.

Which isn't even what I said, although this isn't true because between 1.0 and 3.0, all companions speak, and in 3.0 two out of five do. The fact is, you don't have anything concrete to prove anyone, let alone Scourge was there to face Revan. So you using him as some basis to judge how powerful Caedus would need to be to defeat Revan is flawed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.