Grand Master Zym vs Lord Hoth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Which of these obscure Jedi leaders emerges victorious?

Q99
Hard to say with certainty, but proooobably Hoth.

Emperordmb
I'll side with Hoth.

SunRazer
Why?

JKBart
Because Hoth is at least presumed to have survived some hard-fought, intense battles and that must certainly elevate him somewhere, despite it being obviously very ambiguous.

Zym's only showing is dying like a feggot against a random bounty hunter with flamethrower.

SunRazer
Somebody not playing the "Grand Master" card as of yet is surprising. Maybe Zym is just an exception.

Didn't he use Electric Judgment or something? I can't remember his feats, lol.

carthage
Originally posted by JKBart

dying like a feggot

You disgusting homophobe

JKBart
Jedi leaders were elected on the basis of pretty much everything sans their actual power and combative skills (plain Force understanding maybe), in different setups, varying from time to time (Nomi, Satele, Yoda, Kenth), not to mention that we actually don't know the specifics of that choice in case of 50% of the Grand Masters. Title itself means nothing.

Now, Hoth's position means more, but not that much still, as he was basically the main Jedi commander. It implies obvious war experience and therefore martial focus and opportunities for development, but it still doesn't hold much value. However, all the battles he presumably participated in and survived despite terrible odds and immense casualties actually can imply his capabilities. As general as it is, it is far better than what Zym has to offer besides dying lol.

SunRazer
Nah, there's a source saying something about one of the most powerful Jedi being elected to become the Grand Master.

Q99
Yea, GMs are *usually* quite powerful. Fae Coven before Yoda was tremendously strong in telekinesis, Kol Skywalker was a badass, T'ra Saa was very wise in the force and strong once rooted, Satele kicked a fair amount of tail, Nomi's all sorts of force power...

Originally posted by SunRazer
Somebody not playing the "Grand Master" card as of yet is surprising. Maybe Zym is just an exception.

Well, they're both basically Grand Masters, but one was also a battlemaster before that, and Zym was elected before his war.

And Zym lost to a bounty hunter. Granted, one of the best in the galaxy, trainer of the champion of the great hunt, but still.

That's Plo Koon.

Zym hit Braden with TK after deflecting blaster fire, then got hit with a rocket.

SunRazer
Hoth wasn't a Grand Master.

And I know Plo Koon used Electric Judgment, but I seem to recall Zym using a similar attack.

Q99
Hoth wasn't a Grand Master.

Not technically, but he lead the Army of Light. It's an equivalent position.

His hand got blue and glowy, but that was just how the artist drew TK, because the attack hit and it just threw Braden back.

SunRazer
So Zym's only feat is hurling Braden?

Q99
So Zym's only feat is hurling Braden?

And blocking some blaster fire from him, yes.

As far as I know, that is his only battle on page anywhere.

Zenwolf
I feel like there might be some context to Nym's death, I'm not really picturing getting killed by a rocket and not doing anything if it was aimed right at him, because it just doesn't seem to make sense. At least that's what it says on his page and Braden's page, anyone have the comic?

Q99
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I feel like there might be some context to Nym's death, I'm not really picturing getting killed by a rocket and not doing anything if it was aimed right at him, because it just doesn't seem to make sense. At least that's what it says on his page, anyone have the comic?

I have the comic.

It was a wrist-rocket, Braden was just knocked back, Zym *likely* thought he was stunned or something, and he fired before getting up.

So I think it caught Zym by surprise that the attack happened so suddenly and from that position.

SunRazer
Pretty weak at combat for a Grand Master, lol.

S_W_LeGenD
The rocket attack came as a surprise from that angle. The Jedi Master in question was apparently caught off-guard.

Nonetheless, rockets (irrespective of size) are lethal weapons and can kill even a Jedi with a single hit.

Q99
Right. Despite him going down I don't think he's *too* weak, but I think most other GMs would've avoided it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.