Darth Vader Vs Darth Sidious Lightsaber Duel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILS
Here we
Here we
Here we flicking go

FreshestSlice
Vader. Duh.

carthage
https://31.media.tumblr.com/6e2f8c0f4e3e585cbecda372c9cab093/tumblr_inline_nlwkkxGKhq1t1ns0z.gif

ares834
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Vader. Duh.

thumb up

Canonically confirmed.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

Canonically confirmed.

Mmm, I thought the consensus was that the list in the new sourcebook is just a popularity contest?

ares834
Argumentum ad populum. stoned

|King Joker|
https://38.media.tumblr.com/cefe75b4e55861b51811425f8c5a3f92/tumblr_njhc2er00m1tm8cw5o1_500.gif

Nargaroth
Argumentum ad populum. stoned

Nah, I just thought the majority of people here didn't take the list seriously. But personally speaking, I don't think it's a popularity contest, given that it describes each combatant's level of deadliness with a blade.

ILS
Originally posted by |King Joker|
https://38.media.tumblr.com/cefe75b4e55861b51811425f8c5a3f92/tumblr_njhc2er00m1tm8cw5o1_500.gif who is the chick in your sig

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
who is the chick in your sig https://www.google.com/search?q=lana+del+rey&biw=1920&bih=963&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI45S_ks2ayAIV0LIeCh0RHwy2

ILS
this is an interesting discovery allow me a moment to inspect the goods

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
this is an interesting discovery allow me a moment to inspect the goods she is a goddess

ILS
I like her nose

|King Joker|
I hear her pussy tastes like pepsi cola

ILS
Welp.. scans or gtfo

|King Joker|
Originally posted by ILS
Welp.. scans or gtfo the claim was made from Lana herself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwffuNwTxE4

ILS
yeah in-universe character statements aren't doing it for me

DarthAnt66
That ass so fine Big Booty Bitches Inc. need to make another video.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I hear her pussy tastes like pepsi cola
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu90z9Akxgk&t=1m26s

|King Joker|
https://38.media.tumblr.com/dd67b776c5050286ab4f7eb78e52386c/tumblr_nryb6eMJJW1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

EmperorSidious2
Sidious.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That ass so fine Big Booty Bitches Inc. need to make another video.

Wait what? lol

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBqkBBfmcfU

Darth Thor

FreshestSlice
Because our Lord and Master Disney said so. thumb up

quanchi112

ILS
laughing out loud

carthage
Reported this thread for spite thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ILS ur being a cock rn

FreshestSlice
DP just needs to accept that it's #canon, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Accept you infidel

ILS

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Accept you infidel
I was in the middle of editing. Get the **** off my back, SKILLZ.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Imma ride u like juyo master did

FreshestSlice
Ain't shit real about you, so that's not going to happen.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

I am looooooooooving this. Told you so. Maul > Dooku.

That's fine, you do realize the same list has Vader above Sidious right? No of course you don't because You're a Troll.

Vader > Windu confirmed. Love that big grin

Originally posted by ILS
Now, had Filoni said it..

Wow, Lucas and Filoni really cut you deep inside. laughing out loud

Revanchiste
Sidious win but since he a Tzeenchian mother****erhe want us to belive that Vader win.... And he tricked you...

And also a Khornish motehr****er according to the book of wrath and the inferiority of the weaks...

The Merchant
I'm A OK with Vader being a better duelist.

FreshestSlice
> your opinion

Revanchiste
Originally posted by The Merchant

If you call a duel a fair and regular light saber duel with a score metter that compt the economy of motion precision, "jeux de jambe" ha yhea it translate as footwork. + Some bonus point for elegance.
So yhea Vader win..

But it is taking down the opponent in the most overwelming manner and teh fastest possible Sidious win.

Lord Stark

So you're okay with ANH Kenobi and ROTJ Luke being Sidious-tier or above swordsmen? laughing

I guess that settles that Kenobi>>>>Maul then.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
That's fine, you do realize the same list has Vader above Sidious right? No of course you don't because You're a Troll.

Vader > Windu confirmed. Love that big grin

Wow, Lucas and Filoni really cut you deep inside. laughing out loud You are the one who just goes off the opinions of others not the facts. So by your own logic Maul is greater than Dooku.

I think for myself based off the facts and Windu is definitely above Darth Vader.

The Merchant
Originally posted by Lord Stark
So you're okay with ANH Kenobi and ROTJ Luke being Sidious-tier or above swordsmen? laughing

I guess that settles that Kenobi>>>>Maul then.

Yes.

EmperorSidious2
You are the one who just goes off the opinions of others not the facts. So by your own logic Maul is greater than Dooku.

I think for myself based off the facts and Windu is definitely above Darth Vader.

Going by showings TPM maul had trouble with Qui Gon. Dooku could easily take down qui Gon, as Dooku was able to take on the combined might of Anakin and Obi wan, and survive a bout with Yoda, without being disarmed or anything. A stronger version of Maul had trouble with a broken Kenobi. Dooku has greater feats, and greater accolades from characters of high calbiers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Going by showings TPM maul had trouble with Qui Gon. Dooku could easily take down qui Gon, as Dooku was able to take on the combined might of Anakin and Obi wan, and survive a bout with Yoda, without being disarmed or anything. A stronger version of Maul had trouble with a broken Kenobi. Dooku has greater feats, and greater accolades from characters of high calbiers. Abc logic. Maul bested Qui. Anakin bested Dooku but lost to Kenobi so it doesn't add up. Don't be ridiculous.

Dooku was slower, less aggressive, and considerably older.

This is all off topic.

Lord Stark
Yes.

laughing out loud Wait, you're serious? laughing

Darth Thor
You are the one who just goes off the opinions of others not the facts. So by your own logic Maul is greater than Dooku.

laughing out loud

In other words:

I was ready to jump on this "evidence" which said Maul > Dooku, but now that you've told me it says Vader is better than Sidious, and Ventress is better than Kylo Ren, I better quickly backtrack

FreshestSlice
You're just mad Ahsoka can defeat Sidious in pure sabers now.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

In other words:

I was ready to jump on this "evidence" which said Maul > Dooku, but now that you've told me it says Vader is better than Sidious, and Ventress is better than Kylo Ren, I better quickly backtrack I am simply showing you are hypocritical in your own opinion. You cherry pick certain opinions and certain facts while ignoring the others. I don't. Maul>>Dooku.

ares834

It's almost as if Luke required no more training for his tasks...

Darth Thor
I am simply showing you are hypocritical in your own opinion. You cherry pick certain opinions and certain facts while ignoring the others. I don't. Maul>>Dooku.

Nice attempt at back tracking. But won't work on me TROLL.

You came in here, heard about the so called evidence and quickly jumped on it shouting "I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU MAUL>DOOKU"

Now you're going off on a completely random rant about people's opinions (nothing to do with the topic at hand) in a lame attempt to cover your backtracking.

You are Lame.

And I own you As Per Ususl.

quanchi112
Nice attempt at back tracking. But won't work on me TROLL.

You came in here, heard about the so called evidence and quickly jumped on it shouting "I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU MAUL>DOOKU"

Now you're going off on a completely random rant about people's opinions (nothing to do with the topic at hand) in a lame attempt to cover your backtracking.

You are Lame.

And I own you As Per Ususl. According to the sources who determine your opinion they agreed with me making this delicious irony.

By your own criteria you're wrong. This isn't my criteria this is yours. Soak it up and enjoy Disney riding my coat tails. Happy Dance

ILS

I guess that settles that Kenobi>>>>Maul then. Or maybe Sidious just got really shit in his old age. smokin'

S_W_LeGenD
Can somebody show a scan of top lightsaber duelists?

Darth Thor
According to the sources who determine your opinion they agreed with me making this delicious irony.

By your own criteria you're wrong. This isn't my criteria this is yours. Soak it up and enjoy Disney riding my coat tails. Happy Dance

It's not my criteria at all. I've rated combatants according top5 lists.

I go according to canon facts. You Hate Disney Star Wars laughing out loud

Funny though how you were ready to jump on this list until I told you about Vader being on top laughing

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
Or maybe Sidious just got really shit in his old age. smokin'

I have no idea why you think it's referring to OT Sidious when these 3 PT era combatants in the list.

quanchi112
It's not my criteria at all. I've rated combatants according top5 lists.

I go according to canon facts. You Hate Disney Star Wars laughing out loud

Funny though how you were ready to jump on this list until I told you about Vader being on top laughing You have always gone by what others have told you but you ignore this proving you are a hypocrite.

I am all about facts you are about biased interpretations. Mace wins the fight and you say Sidious was about to win. You disrespect Disney canon all the time. I think for myself so am soaking up the delicious irony with you distancing yourself from it.

Darth Thor
You have always gone by what others have told you but you ignore this proving you are a hypocrite.

And by others you mean Lucas or Lucasfilm? laughing out loud

I am all about facts you are about biased interpretations. Mace wins the fight and you say Sidious was about to win. You disrespect Disney canon all the time. I think for myself so am soaking up the delicious irony with you distancing yourself from it.

You hate Disney Star Wars laughing out loud

quanchi112
And by others you mean Lucas or Lucasfilm? laughing out loud

You hate Disney Star Wars laughing out loud A writer's opinion on a matchup he didn't write is just his opinion. Star Wars isn't handled by one guy anymore. Lucas' opinion matters over scenes and facts he's written i.e. his interpretation. If Lucas said now Kanan beats Ventress that's just his opinion which isn't a fact.

Love Disney Star Wars. They hired Abrams. An article came post my proclamations of other fans mimicking my faith in this film. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

smile

Darth Thor
A writer's opinion on a matchup he didn't write is just his opinion. Star Wars isn't handled by one guy anymore. Lucas' opinion matters over scenes and facts he's written i.e. his interpretation. If Lucas said now Kanan beats Ventress that's just his opinion which isn't a fact.

Love Disney Star Wars. They hired Abrams. An article came post my proclamations of other fans mimicking my faith in this film. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

smile

Exactly Lucas doesn't run the show anymore. It's Disney Star Wars sources that count now. But you keep clinging to Lucas's words in Verses forums. You have no respect for Disney SW like me laughing out loud

quanchi112
Exactly Lucas doesn't run the show anymore. It's Disney Star Wars sources that count now. But you keep clinging to Lucas's words in Verses forums. You have no respect for Disney SW like me laughing out loud I cite his words over the films he oversaw. That hasn't changed. Anyone citing a writer over there own work is fair game but citing other writers opinions over matchups is just their opinions. Nothing more. I right you're wrong. More of the same.

Darth Thor
I cite his words over the films he oversaw. That hasn't changed.

laughing out loud

He's not in charge anymore.

You have no respect for Disney Star Wars. Unlike me whose Loving it.

EmperorSidious2
So the conclusion is Darth Sidious wins?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
So the conclusion is Darth Sidious wins?

Of course. There's no reason to think OT Vader is ROTS Sidious's equal/superior in Sabers. Top 5 Lists don't determine these things. As blatant by the fact that Ventress is above Opress on the same list, but Opress beat her in a Saber macth up.

Going by showings and feats and power scaling, much more chance of Vader's TK Being =/> Sidious's IMO.

All Out we know Sidious is above Vader, but Vader is probably close to his level.

Stigma
Sidious may have very well deteriorated as a duelist by the times of the OP.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Stigma
Sidious may have very well deteriorated as a duelist by the times of the OP.

The OP hasn't mentioned a time period. So each combatant is presumed to be in their Prime.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

He's not in charge anymore.

You have no respect for Disney Star Wars. Unlike me whose Loving it. He still directed the film and there's been no retcon so his vision stands until retconned. It's like saying to on his own story don't count because he works at DC and the story hasn't been retconned. laughing out loud

Post proof that Disney canon eradicated Lucas' thoughts on his own work for this scene. If you can't then you don't respect Disney canon and just make things up.

Love Disney. Happy Dance

Darth Thor

Post proof that Disney canon eradicated Lucas' thoughts on his own work for this scene.

Already posted Disney Lucasfilm's stance on the other thread.

You hate Disney Star Wars.

SunRazer
Kind of sad that this is debated at all (actually, this thread was pretty much all trolling and off-topic discussion, LOL). Sidious is more skilled, faster, more agile, more technically skilled, etc. Vader doesn't even have an edge in strength. All he brings is greater durability, which is utterly meaningless here. He gets stomped.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The implication is that Vader would beat Sheev up and down the curb, then curb stomp him when there's no curb left. That is all.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SunRazer
Kind of sad that this is debated at all (actually, this thread was pretty much all trolling and off-topic discussion, LOL). Sidious is more skilled, faster, more agile, more technically skilled, etc. Vader doesn't even have an edge in strength. All he brings is greater durability, which is utterly meaningless here. He gets stomped.

Top 5 List > Feats, Showings and All Other Evidence.

There's a Top 10 Jedi list with Obi-Wan above Mace. That means Obi-Wan > Mace also confirmed.

ares834
You sound bitter.

But no, there is a lot more to being a Jedi then power. Top red lightsaber wielders, by contrast, suggests ability with a saber.

McP
There's a Top 10 Jedi list with Obi-Wan above Mace. That means Obi-Wan > Mace also confirmed.

Source?

Nephthys
If Vader could beat Sidious in a lightsaber duel then he wouldn't have been such an utter bottom ***** to him for so long.

FreshestSlice
Except Palpatine has been psychologically ****ing him since he was nine.

Darth Thor
You sound bitter.

I'm really not.

I would be Totally Cool with Vader being almost on par with Sidious, and possibly above him in some aspects.

But I would be cool with it with the Proper Evidence. Not a Top 5 list.

But no, there is a lot more to being a Jedi then power. Top red lightsaber wielders, by contrast, suggests ability with a saber.

Aside from the fact Opress already beat Ventress in a Saber fight, which immediately makes the List suspect, The list simply gave the category of people it's measuring. It did not give the Criteria. Did it mean Skill with a "Red" Saber, Power with a "Red" Saber, or Overall Prowess with a "Red Saber"? Or did it mean Most Popular, or Sith Most Well Known for Saber duelling?

It simply doesn't say.

Nephthys
Nothing in canon supports that Sidious' psychological hold was that strong.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by McP
Source?

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-starwars-com-10-best-jedi

This one actually states the criteria which isn't combat prowess btw. And then even says it's debatable at the end, saying "did we get it right?" Despite it being on the Official Site. Because Top 5/10 lists usually are debatable.

Interesting Notes:

1. Yoda is confirmed as The Most Powerful Jedi.

2. They quote Dave Filoni to support Luke being No.1. Oh the Irony (Talking to you ILS).

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nothing in canon supports that Sidious' psychological hold was that strong.
Except all the dialogue about it in Episode Three and the obvious close connection they have in TCW? I mean seriously.

ILS
@DARTH POWER

Hm? Still thinking about me?

It doesn't really take away from anything I ever said in regards to your use of Filoni's quotes (that his opinions, self-admitted opinions, aren't necessarily canon), and it's also still funny how quickly you shat yourself over this list in comparison to how quickly you leap frog dick-first onto anything the cowboy says. I think you just really like the guy.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Except all the dialogue about it in Episode Three and the obvious close connection they have in TCW? I mean seriously.

Nah.

Anakin's first instinct when Palps outs himself is to kill him. Even in the OT, he wants to kill him.

He just doesn't like his odds without backup. 👍

FreshestSlice
Because of, like I said, the psychological aspects of facing someone who has been controlling your life since childhood. That's not the kind of thing you can ignore with a thumbs up and smartass remarks. Palpatine is obviously more powerful, and any advantage Vader may have in sabers is probably marginal. Doesn't change what I said one bit.

The_Tempest
...which explains why the first thing he did when Sidious revealed himself was to pull out his lightsaber and threaten to kill him to his face.

You're overstating the psychology and unintentionally making Vader out to be more pathetic than he actually is.

He thinks Sheev would kick his ass, whether or not that's the actual case is a separate issue. It has nothing to with teen angst and daddy issues.

Nephthys
Anakin was close to Palpatine and under the guys thumb pretty strongly, but Vader isn't. Vader knows that Sidious is a terrible ******* who's been manipulating and lying to him for decades and who cost him Padme. Sidious also threatens him quite a lot, theres no longer any warmth in their relationship.

Sidious also lied to him about Padme dying and in the comic where Vader finds that out he gets ungodly pissed at Sidious but backs down when actually talking to him.

The_Tempest
(Though again, I don't necessarily oppose the notion that Vader is a more skilled swordsman than Sheev for several reasons.)

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by The_Tempest
...which explains why the first thing he did when Sidious revealed himself was to pull out his lightsaber and threaten to kill him to his face.

Unless he actually tired to kill him, I don't see the point.

Not at all. If you don't think that someone who has a large amount of influence over you can dictate how to react to any situation, then you're lulzworthy. Do you honestly think Anakin would just become Vader for any random that came up to him and said, "I'm an all powerful Sith Lord and I can help you save your wife." Or, "Yeah, you should just kill him because why not?"

I'm sure. He thinks his fresh out of teenaged son, who also can supposedly be defeated by many of the higher ups, would bridge this gap relatively quickly though.

FreshestSlice
Anakin was close to Palpatine and under the guys thumb pretty strongly, but Vader isn't. Vader knows that Sidious is a terrible ******* who's been manipulating and lying to him for decades and who cost him Padme. Sidious also threatens him quite a lot, theres no longer any warmth in their relationship.

You're implying that there needs to be warmth in a relationship for it to be psychologically manipulating.

Doesn't really disprove the point. If anything it enforces it.

Nephthys
You're not implying anything close to a good reason for Vader not to have kicked Sidious' ass if he could have.

He backed down because Sidious threatened him if he got pissy.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
@DARTH POWER

Hm? Still thinking about me?

Really? When you brought that up first in this very thread, about me taking Filoni's opinions.

Originally posted by ILS
It doesn't really take away from anything I ever said in regards to your use of Filoni's quotes (that his opinions, self-admitted opinions, aren't necessarily canon),

And when exactly did I say his words were Canon?

Quote me, or quit your obsession over me.

I only took some things he said seriously when they were backed up by Lucas. I guess Lucas was never Canon either.

Originally posted by ILS
and it's also still funny how quickly you shat yourself over this list in comparison to how quickly you leap frog dick-first onto anything the cowboy says. I think you just really like the guy.

LOL Really I shat myself? What exactly did I shat myself over?

Do you even know who my favorite Villains are? Clue: Not Sidious.

Again, I only listened to the Cowboy where either concerning his own show, or where he's saying something backed up by Lucas. The guy was taught by Lucas after all.

And all this was before the new Marvel line of Canon comics, and the new Source Books. They take priority now. Whilst at the time I was quoting Filoni (and Lucas) you were not agreeing because it Contradicted Legends. I.e. Non-Canon stuff.

FreshestSlice
You're not implying anything close to a good reason for Vader not to have kicked Sidious' ass if he could have.

He backed down because Sidious threatened him if he got pissy.
And you still haven't offered how this goes against what I said. Especially since you claimed Vader being superior in sabers means he should have been able to kill Palpatine.

ILS
I stopped talking to you, you brought me back into the discussion of your own accord in a post not even originally directed at me, lel.

You've jumped peen-first onto quotes like Dave's opinion that Grievous derives all of his combative talent from the way he spins his lightsabers in a scary way and that if a Jedi doesn't shit themselves Grievous is shit outta luck (which was recently contradicted by Ultimate Star Wars saying Grievous is a master of numerous forms and that his augmentations give him the capacity to combat Jedi directly, funnily enough).

I don't have a direct quote for you or other examples I remember, it was a while ago and I don't stalk you, lol.

You've been getting upset that a pretty blatant top 5 list in regards to lightsaber ability has Vader as it's #1 and it doesn't include Opress. Pretty sure you're upset that our Good Lord Sheev has potentially been surpassed by Vader with a lightsaber; it's understandable.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The_Tempest
(Though again, I don't necessarily oppose the notion that Vader is a more skilled swordsman than Sheev for several reasons.)

What about a more powerful swordsman? As in Vader would outright beat Sidious in a Saber match up.

The_Tempest
Unlikely.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
I stopped talking to you, you brought me back into the discussion of your own accord in a post not even originally directed at me, lel..

Page 2 on this very thread you Quoted me saying this:

Originally posted by ILS
Now, had Filoni said it..

The double standards of your accusations are getting pretty weird now.

Originally posted by ILS
You've jumped peen-first onto quotes like Dave's opinion that Grievous derives all of his combative talent from the way he spins his lightsabers in a scary way and that if a Jedi doesn't shit themselves Grievous is shit outta luck

Which was more Credit than Lucas ever gave him. Because he outright said Grievous was obviously a skilled swordsman, and that he could be a threat to any Jedi like that.

Whilst Lucas states Grievous is just a very cowardly villain (ROTS Audio commentary), and it was Him who ordered Grievous to be defeated by Gungans, something Filoni tired to object against, but Lucas wouldn't have it.

Originally posted by ILS
(which was recently contradicted by Ultimate Star Wars saying Grievous is a master of numerous forms and that his augmentations give him the capacity to combat Jedi directly, funnily enough).

A source that came AFTER those conversations. So I never brought it up again after that.

Which is Evidence I've never put Filoni above Canon Sources.

Also Filoni never said Grievous can't fight Jedi directly.

Originally posted by ILS
I don't have a direct quote for you or other examples I remember, it was a while ago and I don't stalk you, lol.

Of course you don't LOL. Because you're talking out your ass.

I never said Filoni was Canon. But before the Disney Source Books, his opinions (ESPECIALLY Where Backed up by Lucas) were the closest link we had to Canon. Him, Pablo Hidalgo, Leeland Chee and the Official Site.

Originally posted by ILS
You've been getting upset that a pretty blatant top 5 list in regards to lightsaber ability has Vader as it's #1 and it doesn't include Opress. Pretty sure you're upset that our Good Lord Sheev has potentially been surpassed by Vader with a lightsaber; it's understandable.

Nice Conspiracy.

But did it ever occur to you I just think Using a Top 5 list over Feats and Evidence is silly? Probably not, because you're still obsessing over those Lucas/Filoni quotes I provided all those months ago, and the general ass kicking I would give you in debates.

And turns out Even the Offical Site like to Quote Filoni when speaking about Canon, and how Great Luke is. Oh the Irony..

But some how if I do so, "He's obsessed with Filoni." LOL

ILS
Again, I stopped talking to you, but you brought me back into the discussion. Like when you read a message on Facebook and don't reply and the person you're speaking shoots you another like "are you there?". Kinda weird, re-posting my first post in this thread doesn't change that.

And in response to you bringing up Lucas or TCW I would discuss Grievous in Legends exclusively; you seem to take issue with people having EU only debates, probably because of the lack of spoon-fed creator commentary available.

Point is, you used to use Filoni's personal opinion as objective evidence in a debate, an opinion that turned out to be pretty poorly thought out at the end of the day. That's all.

Filoni's opinions.. aren't the closest link we had to canon. We had the primary source material itself, lol.

What's ironic? I didn't say Filoni lacked credibility, I said that when he regards Grievous as someone whose main niche is spinning his wightsabers weawwy weawwy fwast I'm calling bullshit. It's a case of everyone's shit smelling like shit, even Filoni's.

Zenwolf
Actually nvrm.

Stigma
Ehem. Even if Vader could beat Palply in a sbaer figth as of RotJ, doesn't change the fact that he's still only about 80% of Palpy's power.

Like Tempest said, Vader cannot defeat him in all-out on his own.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
Again, I stopped talking to you, but you brought me back into the discussion.

Are you dense or something?

I've just showed you how you actually quoted me First, specfically bringing up the Filoni thing, on Page 2 of this very thread. All I did was mention your name regarding the same topic YOU Brought up While Quoting ME- Filoni.

Originally posted by ILS
Like when you read a message on Facebook and don't reply and the person you're speaking shoots you another like "are you there?". Kinda weird, re-posting my first post in this thread doesn't change that.

You are sounding pretty dense right now. Read the first point on my last post.

Originally posted by ILS
And in response to you bringing up Lucas or TCW I would discuss Grievous in Legends exclusively; you seem to take issue with people having EU only debates, probably because of the lack of spoon-fed creator commentary available.

No, I've never had issues with an EU Only debate. Although even in the Old EU, Lucas was considered G-Canon.

So whichever way you look at it, your constant little digs at me are clearly your own frustration coming out.

Originally posted by ILS
Point is, you used to use Filoni's personal opinion as objective evidence

When backed by Lucas. Again Lucas was always Canon in the Old-Eu. Also when discussing TCW fights. I'm sure your not dense enough to suggest Filoni had no say over TCW fights.

Originally posted by ILS
in a debate, an opinion that turned out to be pretty poorly thought out at the end of the day. That's all.

No, it was actually the closest we had to Canon at the time.

But I never said it was Canon.

Originally posted by ILS
Filoni's opinions.. aren't the closest link we had to canon. We had the primary source material itself, lol.

LOL There wasn't much at the time because of the Canon Revamp.

And Lucas's words always trumped all. Filoni was just expanding further on Lucas's views, and actually giving Grievous much more credit than Lucas ever did.

Originally posted by ILS
What's ironic? I didn't say Filoni lacked credibility,

LOL That's all you've implied over and over.

Originally posted by ILS
I said that when he regards Grievous as someone whose main niche is spinning his wightsabers weawwy weawwy fwast I'm calling bullshit. It's a case of everyone's shit smelling like shit, even Filoni's.

As opposed to Lucas stating Grievous is a cowardly pathetic villain and Gungans are > Grievous. Nice thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.