The Poor Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tzeentch
There's a fairly common argument in western culture that many poor people are poor because they're bad money managers, spend too much money on things they don't need, lack ambition etc.

That's probably true for a fairly large number of people, in America consumerism is rampant and millions of people have very poor spending habits. However, for those of you who feel that honest work and thrifty spending are enough to elevate most people out of the shit hole, I'm curious to see how well you guys can play this game.

http://playspent.org/

Go through it and, if you make it all the way across the month, share your results. Try to screen-cap your results or share it through the coding, otherwise everyone else will think you're a lying sack of shit. smile

Good luck!

Robtard
"You made it through the month with $364 (But rent's due tomorrow)"

This is of course after I missed my child's play, failed to help them with math, ate from the $1.00 menu and ignored chest pains.

Tzeentch
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/muhpoors_zps2ze4fwlm.png~original

Ayy.

I had to opt out of health insurance, let my shit-tier friend move in so I could get some extra cash, not go to the free concert, help my kid with their math homework, buy them cheap, shitty shoes, bought a ton of unhealthy cheap food, ignored the rotting tooth, ignored my crippling depression and didn't pay my car note.

And I also got fired two weeks in because my manager overheard me talking to co-workers about starting a union. haermm

Robtard
We're pretty much the same. I bailed on the Union, did pocket the $10.00 on the floor so I could send my kid on a fieldtrip of something.

Henry_Pym
I beat it on my first try... With money to spare.

I also own a car and all bills paid on time, my child is in the gifted program with a tutor and a "sports" uniform.

jaden101
You'd have to be the most unlucky bastard in the world to have all that hit you at once.

ArtificialGlory
Unrealistic game; lacks 'suicide' option. 4/10 would not play again.

Seriously though, I had 395$ by day 30(thanks to some morally questionable decisions I've made), but went bankrupt because I decided to pay 400$ to get my tooth fixed.

FinalAnswer
Yall niggas just bad at this

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2uiuezc.jpg

Git gud uhuh

Tzeentch
Henry Pym's a lying sack of shit, FA completely neglected his kid, didn't do anything fun, didn't treat any of his illnesses, and paid almost none of his bills.

You're both fired.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
I beat it on my first try... With money to spare.

I also own a car and all bills paid on time, my child is in the gifted program with a tutor and a "sports" uniform.
BS.

Robtard
TBF, game's set up like the Kobayashi Maru.

psmith81992
Lol, I ran out of money when I decided to treat my pet's sickness. Worth it

Omega Vision
A bit OT, but has anyone here played "Papers, Please?" Sort of a similar setup, only you're in some kind of totalitarian state and the mechanics involve actually sorting through papers and passports and such.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A bit OT, but has anyone here played "Papers, Please?"

No, but I've watched a Let's Play of it.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

Seriously though, I had 395$ by day 30(thanks to some morally questionable decisions I've made), but went bankrupt because I decided to pay 400$ to get my tooth fixed.

Well that's your fault not the systems.

Omega Vision
It's really depressing. For a few days I was hooked in spite of how boring it is, but once I realized how hard it is to do anything I gave up.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well that's your fault not the systems.

Worth it to not have a toothache. My kid's tuition can go **** itself.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, game's set up like the Kobayashi Maru.

Exactly, if you're good at it, cheat and you'll always win.

ArtificialGlory
It's really depressing. For a few days I was hooked in spite of how boring it is, but once I realized how hard it is to do anything I gave up.

A Post-Soviet* Eastern Europe simulator is supposed to be depressing. The game is pretty damn cool though.

*Not necessarily Post-Soviet now that I think about it.

BackFire
Cute game, but Jaden is right, it's ridiculous that you'd encounter so many horrible problems within the span of a month. In a month my dog got sick/nearly died, I had chest pains, got a bogus ticket, got into a car accident and got in trouble with my landlord for owning a pet.

Also a lot of the problems don't give adequate options. One says you want to exercise regularly, and you have to either join a gym or get a running buddy. Why can't I just start taking nightly walks with my dog by myself?

Game's interesting and makes a decent point, but too flawed to be anything but a novelty.

psmith81992
Incredibly flawed

BackFire
I asked why doesn't it give the option to go for a walk on your own. If it did, I'm sure it would tell you that while you were walking you got mugged and while you were away from your house your wife was raped and now you have the option of paying for an abortion or having the rapist's child.

There are some good ones though. One just came up saying that your kid is sick, you can stay home from work with him, send him to school sick, or leave him home alone.

I've played three times. First time I made it to day 23, second time I made it to day 10 and lost because I decided not to let my dog die, third time I finished with $537 left over.

Henry_Pym
BS. why in the hell would I lie about a dumb game?

Unless you don't buy insurance, the only issue you get is dumb pop ups that make no sense. (Window broke $100)

Time-Immemorial
IM RICH *****

-Dave Chapelle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.