Kyp Durron vs Darth Malgus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aurbere
Been pondering some NJO characters and I thought this was a good match-up.

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Post your thoughts if you feel so inclined!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The False Emperor devours Kyp's frail soul.

Deronn_solo
Not even close, LAWL. Kyp takes all, tbh.

DarthAnt66
Malgus in all. Force should be close.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Deronn_solo
Mind actually bringing forth an actual worthwhile argument instead of circle jerking?

carthage
Malgus isn't more powerful In the force, the only area he exceeds Kyp in is dueling Skill.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Me

- not an argument (which it isn't, it's a stance.)

Originally posted by Deronn_solo

-is totally an argument.

Deronn_solo
Hence, the reason I said bring forth a worthwhile argument.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As if you're justifying this was a bad word deserving of one, at the moment.

You first, infidel.

SunRazer
Kyp loses sabers and takes Force. All-out, I don't know. Probably Malgus.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
PMs mr pt wanker

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
As if you're justifying this was a bad word deserving of one, at the moment.

You first, infidel.

KEK, I take your hesitance as a sign of fear, tbh.

- Kyp isn't far behind as a the duelist, given his showing against the Yuuzhan Vong, and being placed on the tier of someone like Kyle Katarn. His superior precogniton, and overall connection to the Force would net him a majority in that regard.

-Kyp's raw power, and Force feats plainly outstrip Malgus' own. A simple side-by-side comparison of their feats, accolades, and hype would show this.

- A mixture of the above two, gives Kyp a win in a all out fight.

Short, sweet, and to the point. Your move.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You stand there because I allow it. Because I do not fear.

- The, "on tier with Katarn," part says it all, really. Despite Kyp's vastly superior connection to the force compared to someone like Katarn, Luke, at least as far as we have to go off of, believes both Katarn and Kyp would perform similarly against Gaalan in a lightsaber battle. Speaking of which....

- Yes, Kyp has quite the astounding raw connection to the force, but aside from some pretty baller feats, he's never really been shown to apply this in 1 vs. 1 combat, and certainly not on a consitent basis. It's like Starkiller Syndrome, except that Starkiller has actually fought and defeated Darth Vader. Malgus, on the other hand, has blown through the lightsaber defenses of an incredibly powerful jedi, (Aryn,) with lightning, brought the protags to their knees with lightning, and gone toe-to-toe with the protags, notably choking them out at points. Kyp killing Malgus via TK is probably out of the question, and in turn I'd argue Malgus's lightning and/or force maelstrom would put the number on Kyp. This battle will mostly be a contest of skill, and Malgus being capable of going head to head against the 2nd Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox (who's lightsaber skills are supposedly equally impressive to her force powers,) while also dealing with Cipher 9 and the Scree (who's killed a lineup of very impressive foes ranging from a jedi who solo'd 100 mandos, an undefeated jedi battlemaster, and even a DC member.)

Deronn_solo
Ayyyy, you caught me on when I'm on my mobile, tbh. I'll be wrecking that shit tomorrow, though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
K b0ss.

Vorpal Ruin
Kyp should win this.

I think it's sad that Kyp never got much attention once he was a master, and never really had any notable opponents to really show off his power; because of this, he seems underrated.

MythLord
Kyp.

Deronn_solo

The, "on tier with Katarn," part says it all, really. Despite Kyp's vastly superior connection to the force compared to someone like Katarn, Luke, at least as far as we have to go off of, believes both Katarn and Kyp would perform similarly against Gaalan in a lightsaber battle. Speaking of which....

Fair enough, for me.

Kyle Katarn is already someone I see as Malgus superior as a duelist, though, so it's doesn't even put a chink in my armor. His technical skills are far more refined and documented (being a master of, and blending over 7 sword fighting style into his own unique form of combat) and is ambidextrous as a duelist . His actually combative feats? Before becoming a Jedi and before he had any worthwhile connection to the Force, Kyle stalemated Boba Fett in combat as a merc and before any. Remember; Boba has killed many Jedi during his time - wrecked Rahm Kota, killed a Clone of Starkiller and held his own with Darth Vader. Later, Kyle was able to best Katarn was able to defeat one of the greatest Imperial Stormtroopers in H2H Ram Mohc. Ram was heavily decorated and specialized in slaying deadly mano-o-manodroids. Yet, Kyle still defeated him in strict H2H combat, while he donned the most powerful Dark Trooper Exosuit created. All of this is before he picked up a lightsaber, and with only intrinsic instinct, a few specialty moves from master Qu Rahn.and the fencing training he received as a Stormtrooper - afterwards. He defeated 6 powerful and skilled Dark Jedi, with each more powerful than the last (per New Essential Guide to the Characters and The Dark Force Saga, Part 1). Years later, he would go on to fight his way through scores of Sith Abominations on a potent darkside nexus.

Despite the above - these aren't even his best showings of skill. After cutting himself off from the Force and latter rekindling, and increasing his strength in the Force in the process, Katarn fight his way through a horde of Stormtroopers/Dark Jedi/Reborn/Shadowtroopers/AT-ST en-rout to battling - and defeating - an amped up foe who Luke Skywalker dueled and considered a legit threat, in Desann. Despite all this, the writers of the game, went on to say one of the reason they stopped making the Jedi Knight games is before Kyle was becoming powerful with each game - hinting that Kyle skill and power increased further after this. Saying all that - how can Malgus possibly be above Durron as a duelist when Kyp is arguably even with a monster like Kyle Katarn? A monster in Kyle Katarn, that is superior to Darth Malgus himself?

But, how about we focus on Kyp Durron himself? With Kyp was able to master the art of lightsaber combat in under a month per what was stated in the Jedi Academy Sourcebook. Someone who has a reputation as being one of the most skilled lightsaber duelist in the NJO. We're talking about someone who has stomped Yuuzhan Vong Warriors on multiple occasions and sparred on par with Luke Skywalker, when he casually brushed a skilled Jedi like Cilghal to the side in the same spar (a highly skiled duelist and combatant in her own right). We're talking about someone who was stalemated a highly skilled swordsman in Jaina Solo, and even suggested he would win if the duel finished, and the novel kinda hint to that conclusion itself.

Tl;dr - no, Malgus isn't more skilled than Durron - and his superior connection to the Force would allow him to just edge out Malgus in a lightsaber duel.

Yes, Kyp has quite the astounding raw connection to the force

Yep. And it's a notch above Malguss own, to boot.

But aside from some pretty baller feats, he's never really been shown to apply this in 1 vs. 1 combat, and certainly not on a consitent basis.

It's like Starkiller Syndrome, except that Starkiller has actually fought and defeated Darth Vader.

erm

Kyp Durron hasn't applied his Force in one-on-one combat, because he hasn't fought many Force sensitives in one on one combat. Most of his foes - are nearly immune to the Force (the Yuuzhan Vong,). He hasn't had many on page/on panel fights as a duelist. Besides his spar with Luke (where he used telekinetic powers multiple times)and his duel with Jaina what was meant to be strictly 'sabers only. All in all this argument is retarded; Kyp Durron is a very smart fighter, he has came up with ways to use the Force in very creative ways and pull off powers he's never used before in combat to get out of tough situations. be it, creating the Shadow Bomb technique, or calling upon the weather itself to one-shot a gigantic Sith leviathan that dwarfed him in size, and killed an entire colony of 1,000 + being who sported various weapons such as blasters and the like, while was also hindered tremendously. To imply that a highly skilled, talented, and smart Force sensitive like Durron wouldn't use his Force power if he ever got into a runt is, well, pretty idiotic. And when Durron does decide to cut-loose, well, Malgus will lose.

Malgus, on the other hand, has blown through the lightsaber defenses of an incredibly powerful jedi, (Aryn,) with lightning, brought the protags to their knees with lightning

Don't really see Malgus Lightning being a problem for Kyp. Durron is someone who has casually dispelled/Absorbed Sith Lightning from Jaina Solo (Jaina Lightning is powerful enough to one-shot Yuuzhan Vong) Granted, Jaina Lightning isn't as powerful as Malgus' own - but the casual ease he reppled her lightning on two occasions leads me to believe he could do the same to Malgus, albeit, with more noticeable difficulty.

and gone toe-to-toe with the protags, notably choking them out at points.
Kyp killing Malgus via TK is probably out of the question.

Kyp was hurling multiple ton builders at flying TIE Fighters thousands of feet in the air, before gaining a substantial amount of power. He has manipulated multiple Proton Bombs, and re-directed them to their source; he has casually Force shoved Chewbacca, while Force gripping Jaina and spinning her around. Kyp has manipulated several torpedoes and hurled them at incredible speeds via the Shadowbomb technique. He has moved pseudo Black Hole, and wielded entire freighters as telekinetic weapons.

He has casually sent Corran Horn flying with the mere flick of his wrist There is also the fact that was was considerably more powerful than all of the Jedi on the Jedi Praxeum - which included guys who can cast illusion that effect the the likes of Exar Kun and Luke Skywalker, vastly more powerful than someone who can summon powerful winds that can blow Force sensitives thousands of feet away. Yeah, Kyp may not be dominating with the Force but he can certainly push Malgus around with it. What he did to the prtags is good and all - but Kyp feats are simply better. .

Not to mention Durron has other option in the Force only round:

- He has displayed Force destruction sufficient enough to KO 4 guards simultaneously, while leaving Jaina briefly dazed and disoriented.

-Kyp mastery of Force Lightning can play a role here, if he decides to go that rout. He tore through Luke's defenses and caused him great pain. Albeit, Kun joined into the attack, but initially, Kyp incapacitated him solo.

- Alter Environment - could be of use here depending on the battle field. Even then; it's fully within Kyp's capability to summon winds and such to buffet Malgus person.

-Kyp was noted to be a master of Force drain; it could have some usage here if he decides ti employ it. This could also play a role if he decided to go that role.

- Kyp's Force defenses, be it tutaminis or Force Barrier, is sufficient enough to casually dispel Force Lightning and connect multiple Shadow Bombs and a Star-fighter together, so where ever the Star-Fighter moved, they followed suit.

These abilities could serve Durron well in a Force battle, especially since he's more powerful in the Force than Malgus is.

and in turn I'd argue Malgus's lightning and/or force maelstrom would put the number on Kyp.

Nah. They would be blocked by his Lightsaber, and/or repelled with absorption/Deflection.

This battle will mostly be a contest of skill.

Yeah, and Kyp's own skill is arguably greater than Malgus' own, KEK. His precognitive abilities and Force connection surely is.

and Malgus being capable of going head to head against the 2nd Emperor's Wrath and Darth Nox (who's lightsaber skills are supposedly equally impressive to her force powers,) while also dealing with Cipher 9 and the Scree (who's killed a lineup of very impressive foes ranging from a jedi who solo'd 100 mandos, an undefeated jedi battlemaster, and even a DC member.)

You got any proof that is was Nox and Wrath who confronted Malgus? Because as far as I'm aware - it wasn't canonically confirmed. Even then, I'm pretty sure Malgus was utilizing Force attacks in conjunction with dueling them so I don't see it as a feat strictly revolving around dueling, and in the end - he stil lost, KEK. Even then, I don't really see this as being more impressive than Kyp's feats/hype. Kyle Katarn is solidly above Nox or Wrath as a martial combatant.

Tl;dr - I'm going with Kyp on virtua of being more powerful in the Force, and more than comparable as a duelist.Your move.

DarthAnt66

Deronn_solo

Sinious

Deronn_solo
http://i43.tinypic.com/1zgb49d.gif

DarthAnt66
LMFAO

FreshestSlice

Kyle Katarn is already someone I see as Malgus superior as a duelist,

Not even close, LAWL.

Deronn_solo
KEK.

Do you guys mind making an actual case instead of posting bullshit? smile

Sinious

FreshestSlice
KEK.

Do you guys mind making an actual case instead of posting bullshit? smile
With you? Nah. I don't hate you enough yet.

Deronn_solo
sad

NewGuy01
Flawless technique bro

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
And no, that wasn't the whole respect thread. The whole thread is approximately 200000000 words longs.

EDIT: I'll get to the next parts either later or tomorrow.

Deronn_solo
Nigga, was the shit even necessary? KEK, you could have just bullet pointed that shit, and I would have taken your word for it. erm

Alright, I won't be responding to that shit until you post the rest. And please bullet point feats, instead of raping the thread, please.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You deserve the blatantly and intentionally horrific format, though.

Deronn_solo
You deserve a dildo up your ass, but you don't see me buying one, do you?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I don't, because it's hard to see you at night, bro.

Deronn_solo
You know, I could always send some of my goons to beat your ass, right?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
By goons, do you mean your hood squad or your CV minions? Some buff dude I know at my local gym called me, "b0ssman," so there go your goons.

Deronn_solo
LAWL, I wouldn't send my CV minions to handle you in a debate - I got this shit solo.
I meant RL goons who wake up to glocks and shit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You'll handle me the same way Aaron handled the Seahawks during that NFC championship.

And you well know I have a glock in my 'rari, a grenade in my shoe, and for good measure, an Uzi in my jacket.

Deronn_solo
Nah. More like the way Rodgers raped them a couple Sundays ago, KEK.

You're just one dude against a dozen guys with guns - you get dog-pilled, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is that the stench of Aaron Rodger's one ring? Tom Brady probably threw up at your sig.

Jack and ILS finna supplying me with mad weapons n shit. Your hood glocks won't work well against a targeted air strike designed to kill multiple Kyp-level opponents.

Deronn_solo
Aaron sure is a good guy. He doesn't have to cheat to get wins....can't say the same about Tom. smile

Too bad you won't even see that shit coming. We do drive by's around this *****.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tom is willing to do everything it takes to win, can't say the same about Aaron. smile

> implying Jack and ILS aren't patrolling around my crib to warn me

Aurbere
I don't, because it's hard to see you at night, bro.

It's true, DC. Remember to wear bright colors. thumb up

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Aurbere
It's true, DC. Remember to wear bright colors. thumb up
erm

I guess I send a couple of goons at your house to.

Aurbere
sadsadsad

Deronn_solo
smile smile smile

Emperordmb
watch?v=WKjc8IfzzMM

Deronn_solo
On second thought, I'll prolly send them goons to Nova's spot instead of Aubere, because that nigga left me out to dry like a tower rack, KEK.

Aurbere
Well that makes me feel better. stick out tongue

Emperordmb
On second thought, I'll prolly send them goons to Nova's spot
watch?v=faML0QvVb2A

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Emperordmb
watch?v=faML0QvVb2A

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.