Water on Mars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/29/science/space/mars-life-liquid-water.html?_r=0

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/sep/28/nasa-scientists-find-evidence-flowing-water-mars

There's water on Mars. Scientists are searching for signs of life, whether from the past or present.

Time-Immemorial
Life has been on Mars for years, this isn't anything new.

riv6672
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
There's water on Mars. Scientists are searching for signs of life, whether from the past or present.
Heard about this. I thought it was pretty damn cool.
Our fascination with the red planet continues...

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Life has been on Mars for years, this isn't anything new.
Is this going to be another conspiracy theory?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Is this going to be another conspiracy theory?

Well it did only take some Libbo 15 min after the announcement to get on TV and blame Global Warming.

riv6672
^^^laughing out loud

long pig
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Well it did only take some Libbo 15 min after the announcement to get on TV and blame Global Warming.
Is it sad that I don't know if you are joking?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by long pig
Is it sad that I don't know if you are joking?

Oh you wish I was.

But I aint.

I was at work and they had the radio on a certain guys show on the AM Band. He made a joke about how he bet that the Mars Water thing would get blamed on Climate change and not 10 minutes went by before they had a sound clip of some "Scientist" saying exactly what he said they would.

Funny stuff.

riv6672
Thats funny as hell, the way you describe it. I'd have guessed you were j/k.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh you wish I was.

But I aint.

I was at work and they had the radio on a certain guys show on the AM Band. He made a joke about how he bet that the Mars Water thing would get blamed on Climate change and not 10 minutes went by before they had a sound clip of some "Scientist" saying exactly what he said they would.

Funny stuff.
I searched what you talked about. All that came up was Rush Limbaugh claiming the discovery is a hoax and part of some "liberal ploy" to push climate change.

I don't see anything that's necessarily silly about suggesting there's climate change on Mars. If it has a climate, that climate can change. This is simple shit.

Mindship
Liquid water on Mars = science orgasm stuff.

Next nutbuster: we will find ET life (or evidence thereof) in less than 5 years.

Omega Vision
Or we'll find there was life until one of our improperly sanitized probes introduced harmful microbes that killed it off. Now that would be a nutbuster.

riv6672
^^^kind of a War of the Worlds thing?

Mindset
Or we'll find there was life until one of our improperly sanitized probes introduced harmful microbes that killed it off. Now that would be a nutbuster. That would be my ideal scenario.

Start a space war.

Flyattractor
I searched what you talked about. All that came up was Rush Limbaugh claiming the discovery is a hoax and part of some "liberal ploy" to push climate change.

I don't see anything that's necessarily silly about suggesting there's climate change on Mars. If it has a climate, that climate can change. This is simple shit.

Whats SILLY is when we have people like PRez Obamba spouting out lies that the same thing is happening to Earth and that its all our fault but we can do something about it via his shit stupid political ideologies.

Time-Immemorial
Putin preparing for major ground offensive.

Flyattractor
Its for the Martians own good of course.

riv6672
I'd like to see a martian.

Flyattractor
Ice Warrior or Uncle version?

riv6672
Uncle. Ray Walston was cool.

Flyattractor
But his little antenna got such horrible reception on the weekends.

Surtur
It's actually possible we are the aliens and that the seeds of life that created us originally came from Mars(or some other planet). We now know it is indeed possible for life to be carried across the cosmos, before we thought nothing could survive, but we found that in the center of things like comets it is actually shielded enough from the various harmful radiations in space that it can indeed survive.

riv6672
True.
Saw an episode of Ancient Aliens where from one week to the next on a space station, sea plankton was found growing on the outside of same. Wasnt there when they went up.

Flyattractor

It was on last Mondays show. It was in the first hour, but then I don't know if every little wise crack Rush makes will be put in to the actual show transcript or not.

Surtur
Still though whenever I hear the word "Mars" I can't help thinking about John Carpenter's "Ghosts of Mars". God that was a terrible movie.

Flyattractor
Or how about that story of how on the International Space Station they are doing a plant growing experiment but somehow it got Bug Infested.

clubcrawllasveg
I would like to see a Martian too..
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.