Asians Penalized 50 points on SAT, Blacks given 230 bonus points for SAT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...222-story.html

They basically have too many Asians in college and need other minorities so they have to penalize Asians to make it harder meaning only the top top of the Asians get in.

I remember the news report on this and some Asians were wondering why is this? They thought America was fair and that no matter what race you are the better person who qualified will get the job.

Why Penalize them for being smart?

makes no sense to handicap someone for being smart its almost racist if you think about it they don't want too many Asians in school and at the same time by giving Blacks such a high bonus points they are telling you that they think Black people are dumb that they need a points advantage.

StyleTime
Link isn't working for me.

Nibedicus
If that's the case, blacks should be penalized in athletic scholarships. Kinda not fair but I see the point to it....

Astner
One way to solve this problem would be to divide the amount of spots available for a program or course into ethnic groups; so blacks only compete against blacks, whites on compete against whites, etc. Then you'd get the exact spread of black, white, brown, yellow and red you'd want.

Nibedicus
Here's a link that DOES work.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-asian-race-tutoring-20150222-story.html

Astner
I'm all for this. A great way to impede the U.S.A. international performance is to increase the drop-out rates by filling the lecture halls with idiots who normally wouldn't qualify, and as a response lowering test standards to accommodate for it.

And the fact that will increase the racial tension between the ethnic groups in the U.S.A. is only a bonus.

Bentley
The other day I was thinking about racial theory and it sort of links to this kind of discussion.

This supports the theory of KMC just being a figment of my imagination.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Astner
I'm all for this. A great way to impede the U.S.A. international performance is to increase the drop-out rates by filling the lecture halls with idiots who normally wouldn't qualify, and as a response lowering test standards to accommodate for it.

And the fact that will increase the racial tension between the ethnic groups in the U.S.A. is only a bonus.

To bad nothing can stop the US, not Obama, and not even stupid kids in school.

Bentley
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
To bad nothing can stop the US, not Obama, and not even stupid kids in school.

Well, luckily immigration is saving you from conformity and stagnation. God bless Mexico.

evil face

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Nibedicus
If that's the case, blacks should be penalized in athletic scholarships. Kinda not fair but I see the point to it....

Blacks make up a vast majority of our sports and they are paid well for it, so imposing a points fine on them would only seem fair if they are going to do this other nonsense. Being a good athlete does not require brains as we all know.

Star428

Nah, that would be racist. laughing out loud

Surtur
The fact that blacks aren't penalized while others are..is already 100% racist. So this is utter nonsense if true.

We know if blacks were docked points they would throw a fit, there would be a huge media storm over it and they'd be calling everyone racist. "Black Grades Matter" would be the calling cry.

Ushgarak
Make sure you are reading this one correctly- it's very easy to go wrong here.

No-one is actually being docked or awarded any points. There's no system.

This is an accusation based on a study that suggests that different races are getting different proportions of admissions at similar SAT levels, so they are extrapolating from that that, for example, Asian Americans are getting the sort of admissions that are typical for the baseline (I assume whites) who score 50 points lower.

This does not invalidate the various forms of racist concern here but it is a much more complex and nuanced starting point than 'Blacks get extra marks', which is not the case.

Even the article itself suggests that the issue Asians are having is that they tend not to have very interesting applications, going overboard on cliched extra-curricular activities. That's the sort of thing unis look at with high end SAT scores and often judge more important than the number, once you are past a certain point.

Surtur
Hence why I said "if true".

long pig
They need it more.

Surtur
If they go the route of who needs it more I'd say why stop at race? Kids with millions of dollars in a trust fund don't need to work or attend college, should they be docked because the non-rich people need better scores?

long pig
Asians usually have a higher I.q and blacks generally have much lower Iq than their Asian and white counterparts. A 12 point difference is massive.
https://alfinnextlevel.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/iqadd.jpg

Robtard
Jewish? How exactly is that grouped. I know Jews of Hungarian, Moroccan and Columbian descent.

Surtur
Originally posted by long pig
Asians usually have a higher I.q and blacks generally have much lower Iq than their Asian and white counterparts. A 12 point difference is massive.
https://alfinnextlevel.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/iqadd.jpg

I just hope it's not actually true anyone is getting any extra points or being docked anything.

long pig
Originally posted by Robtard
Jewish? How exactly is that grouped. I know Jews of Hungarian, Moroccan and Columbian descent.
Ashkenazi Jews, specifically.

Flyattractor

But isn't sports the only reason blacks go to college anyway? Its not like they go there to learn anything useful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.