First Woman to be Executed in GA in 70 Years

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
The first woman ever to be put-to-death in Georigia in 70 years is sceduled to be executed at 7 p.m. tonight unless her last minute clemency hearing this morning changes that.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/09/29/new-clemency-hearing-set-for-ga-female-death-row-inmate/21242193/?icid=maing-grid7%7Caol20-g%7Cdl3%7Csec1_Ink2%26pLid%3D89552121

Usually, I'm all for murdering bastards (or b****es, in this case) getting what they truly deserve but this woman didn't actually murder anyone. It was her lover accomplice that did the killing. He made a plea bargain to get a life prison sentence with possibility of parole in exchange for testifying against her. I think it's ****ed up that she gets death while he gets a chance to be free again one day.

Surtur
I'm actually in favor of the death penalty as well, but this just goes to show everything that is wrong with our justice system. When the guy who did the killing can get a plea deal to get his accomplice executed it makes NO sense.

Why not just give them both life in prison or execute them both? Also the guy will be eligible for parole in less then a decade..wtf? If they were going to offer anyone a plea deal..why not the accomplice instead of the actual killer?

psmith81992
One of the only times I would think the death penalty isn't appropriate.

Robtard
So she gets the death penalty for not killing someone? LoL, the South.

Nibedicus
From what I was reading, she was the "mastermind" behind the killing (the one who actually repeatedly coaxed her lover to murder her husband). If I hired a killer to kill someone who would be more guilty, me or the killer?

I dunno. I'm not convinced either way about this.

Robtard
The killer for acting out the murder, you'd be guilty of being an accomplice to the murder and life in prison seems sensible.

jaden101
SHOOT 'ER IN THE FACE!!

psmith81992
Originally posted by Nibedicus
From what I was reading, she was the "mastermind" behind the killing (the one who actually repeatedly coaxed her lover to murder her husband). If I hired a killer to kill someone who would be more guilty, me or the killer?

I dunno. I'm not convinced either way about this.

Well, Mob Bosses often order hits and they aren't getting the death penalty.

Nibedicus
Let me be perfectly clear: I'm NOT for the death penalty. I think life is precious no matter what form it takes.

I'm just contemplating about who is more guilty of what.

Originally posted by psmith81992
Well, Mob Bosses often order hits and they aren't getting the death penalty.

They have great lawyers. She apparently had a very shitty one.

psmith81992
Ew

No, it's just by law, sanctioning a hit isn't considered first degree murder. You'll get life in prison but that's it.

Star428
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Let me be perfectly clear: I'm NOT for the death penalty. I think life is precious no matter what form it takes.

I don't think this woman deserves to die but to say that no one deserves the death penalty is pretty friggin' laughable, to say the least. Tell me, you think all of these ISIS terrorists murdering MF'ers lives are precious too? Seriously?

Nibedicus
Ew

No, it's just by law, sanctioning a hit isn't considered first degree murder. You'll get life in prison but that's it.

I always thought hiring a killer was also considered first degree murder (as it is planning it and with intention and malice carrying out something that leads to another's death) but I guess I'm wrong.

I'm not a legal expert, but after a bit of thought, I guess that CAN be seen more as an accessory or something.

Star428
First degree murder is when you BOTH plan it and carry it out too. Just doing one or the other is not murder in the first degree.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Star428
I don't think this woman deserves to die but to say that no one deserves the death penalty is pretty friggin' laughable, to say the least. Tell me, you think all of these ISIS terrorists murdering MF'ers lives are precious too? Seriously?

/shrug. Just the way I am, brother.

I think they're scum but I just feel like I do not have the right to judge life or death of another, I'm not God.

Star428
Nor am I (obviously) but I don't see how anyone can say that those terrorist bastards don't deserve to die in the same horrific ways they killed their victims.

Surtur
The truth nobody wants to talk about is our society is built around judging people. Yes nobody is God, but God isn't around is he? Or if he is..he sure as hell isn't doing anything about this. I'm not trying to make this religious, merely pointing out that we have nobody BUT us to judge the actions of others. To not do so because some invisible deity might judge them in the afterlife is just impractical to me.

Thus if someone is a murderer I don't feel it is wrong to sentence them to death..merely because THEY thought they were God, they thought they could decide who lives and dies. What goes around comes around.

People who play stupid games get stupid prizes.

riv6672
The first woman ever to be put-to-death in Georigia in 70 years is sceduled to be executed at 7 p.m. tonight unless her last minute clemency hearing this morning changes that.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/09/29/new-clemency-hearing-set-for-ga-female-death-row-inmate/21242193/?icid=maing-grid7%7Caol20-g%7Cdl3%7Csec1_Ink2%26pLid%3D89552121

Usually, I'm all for murdering bastards (or b****es, in this case) getting what they truly deserve but this woman didn't actually murder anyone. It was her lover accomplice that did the killing. He made a plea bargain to get a life prison sentence with possibility of parole in exchange for testifying against her. I think it's ****ed up that she gets death while he gets a chance to be free again one day.
Sucks to be her; she should have had better counsel.

Star428
She probably couldn't afford it, riv. She probably had a court appointed attorney assigned to her.

FinalAnswer
If somebody is such an unrepentant sack of human garbage that has proved an active detriment to our society, we should probably just kill them and get it over with rather then waste taxpayer dollars keeping them alive so they can rot in prison for 40 years.

Time-Immemorial
Shes dead, despite the Pope's plea for her not to be executed.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/lethal-injection/pope-urges-halt-execution-georgia-woman-kelly-gissendaner-n435566

FinalAnswer
rip in pieces.

Time-Immemorial
Gone girl, gone

Surtur
This might sound harsh but for me I wish for killers that their prison life should be so shitty they prefer death rather then wasting away in prison. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Yes they can't leave the prison, but depending on the prison the inmates might have access to the internet, tv, movies, and other things. They also get 3 meals a day.

Likewise there are many prisons where inmates can get items they shouldn't be allowed to have..they can even get drugs. So I mean..these people have it better then homeless people. They aren't free, but it isn't an utterly horrible situation in some cases. We've also all seen the mob movies where you have the gangsters in jail and they live like kings...and that is actually a real thing that still goes on with people who are big in organized crime and are in jail.

There is another thing that sickens me...we allow killers to get fan mail. Some people, mostly women, are so sick they send these killers fanmail. I forget which guy it was..one of the recent killers, maybe the guy who killed people in the theater, but his prison cell had a wall full of pictures from different women who had sent him fanmail. Our justice system is f*cked up and our prison system is f*cked up.

Time-Immemorial
Lets just kill everyone off, problem solved.

Surtur
If we find someone is truly guilty of murder I say yes kill them off. Why should they get to enjoy life in any capacity when the person they killed never will?

Time-Immemorial
They shouldn't, http://www.lakecountyappeal.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Gladiator-thumbs-down.jpg

Adam Grimes
I'll bash her brains in with a baseball bat. If she survives 3 swings she's free!

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I'll bash her brains in with a baseball bat. If she survives 3 hits she's free!

Can I put you in my black book for later use? Just be sure to pick up.

Surtur
Or let me pose this question: what if it was a question of the death penalty or a jail sentence, but the sentence was life in prison and the person would have to be in solitary for 24 hours a day. They get nothing but their food and water. Which sentence would you prefer to give?

Time-Immemorial
Death.

Surtur
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Death.

Okay so if the death penalty was off the table what would you give a murderer? What kind of sentence? I don't just mean the amount of years in jail you'd give(hopefully life in prison) but what restrictions would you put on such a person, if any?

Time-Immemorial
The ones you said earlier would be good.

The worser the crime, the worser the time.

Cold Blooded murders, Rape/Murders, Serial Killers, Pedofiles should be put in forced rehab in maximum security, like what was going on in Face/Off.

But then that seems too good for them and too costly, why waste money on scum.

Solitary for life works for me, 2 meals a day, bread and water, till you kill yourself for your sins.

riv6672
Originally posted by Surtur
If we find someone is truly guilty of murder I say yes kill them off. Why should they get to enjoy life in any capacity when the person they killed never will?
I agree 100%.
I've never bought into any of the arguments against the death penalty and never will.

psmith81992
Originally posted by riv6672
I agree 100%.
I've never bought into any of the arguments against the death penalty and never will.

I'm a capital punishment advocate but I disagree here. There are times when said punishment is inappropriate. I think this may be one of those times.

Star428
Makes no difference now since she's dead.

psmith81992
Kinda ignores the point of the discussion then. I'm not sorry to see her go on any level but it becomes a slippery slope when you can get the death penalty just for arranging the murders without pulling the trigger yourself.

Star428
Yeah, I agree.

riv6672
Kinda ignores the point of the discussion then. I'm not sorry to see her go on any level but it becomes a slippery slope when you can get the death penalty just for arranging the murders without pulling the trigger yourself.
No, not for everyone.

Star428
Looks like another undeserved execution is supposed to happen today in Oklahoma this time unless the condemned man gets another last minute stay-of-execution:

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/09/30/is-oklahoma-about-to-execute-an-innocent-man/21242842/?icid=maing-grid7%7Caol20-g%7Cdl6%7Csec1_Ink2%26pLid%3D-1122748481

This time, the person accused wasn't even present when the murder happened.

Surtur
I'm a capital punishment advocate but I disagree here. There are times when said punishment is inappropriate. I think this may be one of those times.

For me what is inappropriate isn't that she was put to death, but rather that they weren't both put to death. If you're going to kill one who set it up you should kill the one who did it as well. That is what makes no sense.

The actual killer has a plea bargain that gives him possible parole in 2022. Why? I don't get it. Did they have so little evidence in this case that they needed to cut a plea deal with the guy to get this woman in jail? If they were going to give him a plea bargain it should of been that they merely take the death penalty off the table.

I realize the fact he has a chance for parole doesn't automatically mean he will get paroled, but my problem is there shouldn't even be an opportunity for parole. You'd also figure they'd offer the plea deal to the accomplice. But who knows maybe they thought since she was female she might garner sympathy and have a higher chance of being paroled.

But still everything about this sounds like it was done by inept people.

AsbestosFlaygon
The only thing wrong with this issue is the killer himself deserved the death penalty as well.

riv6672
Exactly.

Surtur
I still don't understand the case. Was there a serious lack of evidence? Why did they need a plea bargain to give this woman the death penalty?

riv6672
No idea, but SOMEone sure seemed to have had the better lawyer.

Flyattractor
Yeah. One of them isn't going to have to spend anytime in a prison in Georgia.....

eek!

riv6672
Georgia IS a prison.

Surtur
It's a pretty backwards state if it does stuff like this.

Star428
Georgia IS a prison.

Perhaps it is to you, riv. To me though, any place in the South is preferable to the North. thumb up

EXcept maybe in the summertime.LOL.

Surtur
Why doesn't it surprise me you prefer the South?

riv6672
Perhaps it is to you, riv. To me though, any place in the South is preferable to the North. thumb up

EXcept maybe in the summertime.LOL.
At least your dementia doesnt extend to the weather...! wink

Star428
huh? Did u just insult me, riv?

riv6672
Never.

Star428
Cool. I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. Thought maybe i offended u in some way or something. If i did let me know so i can make sure not to do it again in future.

riv6672
Actually i should apologize. Georgia was where i had the worst time of my military career, both professionally and personally, so, no love for that State.
Plus seriously, that weather! You can SWIM through the air in the summer, jeez!

Star428
Yeah, that's the only thing I personally hate about the deep South. The weather in the summer. Fall is actually very nice though (my favorite time of the year) and winters are not too bad. Not nearly as bad as places like Illinois. I had boot camp and "A" school in Great Lakes during fall and winter. Never experienced weather like that before. Lot of times u couldn't be outside for more than a few minutes because of high probability of getting frostbite and all the freezing rain wasn't very fun either. I did enjoy the snow though. I still think it's preferable to being in the South in summer time. If I had to choose between extreme cold and extreme heat I think I'd pick the cold everytime. I'm just so glad the summer is finally over.

SayWhat
Makes me wonder what took so long, plenty of mean women in the world. My only objection is money, since everyone is afforded due process, millions are spent by taxpayers for her attorneys filing appeals; cheaper to put someone in jail for life. Much cheaper.

Surtur
Originally posted by SayWhat
Makes me wonder what took so long, plenty of mean women in the world.

It's not rare for women to get off with lighter sentences for certain things compared to men.

SayWhat
It's not rare for women to get off with lighter sentences for certain things compared to men.

True, all depends on the lawyer, the judge and jury and the D.A. and the local society.

Maybe Sancty is ok with that not being an equal right for women, lmao.
And the libbo Bardock. Can't always use PMS and hormonal imbalance as and excuse for insane actions.

Surtur
Originally posted by SayWhat
True, all depends on the lawyer, the judge and jury and the D.A. and the local society.

This might be true but..unfortunately you see this kind of stuff happening all across the country.

This was pointed out in another thread, but a couple of years ago you had two teens from the same town, both guilty of statutory rape. One was female, the other was male. The judge who presided over the girls case also presided over the guys, so they both had the same person giving out the punishment.

Now go on and guess if they both received the same punishment. But meh, I guess this topic isn't about that aspect of the justice system. You know what though it is beginning to feel wrong to use the word justice to refer to the system. It is not just, this case is just one of many that prove that.

SayWhat

But meh, I guess this topic isn't about that aspect of the justice system. You know what though it is beginning to feel wrong to use the word justice to refer to the system. It is not just, this case is just one of many that prove that.

Agreed, divorce court and custody still in the dark ages, as many women make more money than men in numerous cases and it is difficult to measure just who is the better parent and should have main custody.

Makes me wonder why anyone would get married or common law live, with the risks of being screwed over a real possibility.

Surtur
That is the reason why I don't see myself getting married, though I am with someone. I just don't want to have to go through the hassle of actually divorcing someone..then having to possibly pay her alimony or some BS like that. Let alone what would happen if we had kids and got divorced.

riv6672
Thsts why i didnt do it till i was sure.
Seen too many people rush in and regret it.

Flyattractor
This is why I used to only screw drunk chicks at parties. That and never giving them my real name.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Flyattractor
This is why I used to only screw drunk chicks at parties. That and never giving them my real name.

You are a real Mensch

riv6672
He has a system.
I've seen way sneakier stunts pulled!

Surtur
Thsts why i didnt do it till i was sure.
Seen too many people rush in and regret it.

Yep, people tend to rush into it. I don't think people under 25 should get married, nor do I think you should get married if you've been together less then 5 years.

Just look at something like the chick Kaley Cuoco from Big Bang Theory that has been in the news recently because she is getting a divorced. When the story of her marriage first broke and it was how she had only dated the guy she married for 3 months I said to myself "won't last more then a few years". Now here we are a few years later and surprise surprise...it's divorce time.

For me I just tend to have a hard time trusting women. There always seems to be some drama involving some other dude from the past that I don't want to deal with. This is why if you meet a woman with no female friends and only male friends and she says it is because other girls are jealous of her and she only gets along with men..run for the hills at the speed of light.

riv6672
I was 25 when i did it, but knew her less than 5. Still, i was definitely sure.
Didnt know about Kaley. I'd have tried to make THAT work if i was her guy...yes
You're spot on with the trust though, at least in my case. I grew up seeing some cut throat stuff on women's part. Unfortunately i also saw men act like rutting pigs with no regard for those women/kids they made.
Soured me on the whole concept of marriage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.