Kyle Katarn does anyone else..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
So I like Kyle Katarn he's a pretty good character and had lots of growth from a Stormtrooper, to Rebel Agent to Jedi Knight/Master.

But does anyone else sorta wish he was just a Rebel Agent? I mean don't get me wrong, he's good as a Jedi buuut...his personality sorta always struck him as a guy who would be a blaster wielding person and not using a lightsaber or The Force.

Plus did he really have to become a Jedi? We couldn't have him just be a Rebel Agent? Can anyone name any notable Rebel Agents that a large number of people like?

Again I don't got any problems with Kyle being a Jedi, but his character always sorta struck me as more a blaster wielder type of person.

Anyone else with thoughts?

Deronn_solo
Nah, he's best as a Jedi.

Q99
Yea, there is a bit of a tendency to take cool protagonists, then make them Jedi.

Corran Horn too- like Kyle, I like him as a Jedi, but he was really cool as a pilot for that matter.

FreshestSlice
TIL: You can't be cool and be a Jedi. And your personality dictates your weapon of choice.

Zenwolf
Never really said he couldn't be a Jedi Fresh. As I said, I have no problems with him being one, but not just his personality, his whole character moreso struck me as a blaster type of guy, not so much a Jedi.

FreshestSlice
Those are two contradictory statements. "I never said he couldn't be a Jedi, but he really shouldn't be one because of his personality." is the gist from that. Also, I'm sure a shit ton more "blaster guys" would use super powers and laser swords if they could.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So I like Kyle Katarn he's a pretty good character and had lots of growth from a Stormtrooper, to Rebel Agent to Jedi Knight/Master.

But does anyone else sorta wish he was just a Rebel Agent? I mean don't get me wrong, he's good as a Jedi buuut...his personality sorta always struck him as a guy who would be a blaster wielding person and not using a lightsaber or The Force.

Plus did he really have to become a Jedi? We couldn't have him just be a Rebel Agent? Can anyone name any notable Rebel Agents that a large number of people like?

Again I don't got any problems with Kyle being a Jedi, but his character always sorta struck me as more a blaster wielder type of person.

Anyone else with thoughts?

I love him as teh star wars equivalent of Duke Nukem.... Or Doom Guy... He is somewhere between the two I guess....
But Still KATARAN FIST OF FURY HHHHHAAAYAAAAA. (That's what happen when you run out of ammo in Dark Forces one....)
Kyle Katarn is more Grey Jedi... Open minded to the Dark side use of the force..

He is good as a particular Jedi case unlike Kenobi who is the quintenscial Jedi...

But Still I love his punch line in EaW and FoC.... This is so bad ass...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.