Were Momoshiki and Kinshiki legitimate threats to Kaguya's power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
According to Sasuke, Momoshiki and Kinshiki were the reason Kaguya was building a Zetsu army; that they were the threat scarier than Kaguya that she didn't want to face alone. Do you guys buy it?

Demonic Phoenix
Given that there's no real evidence to the contrary, and that we don't know the exact circumstances, yes.

They are nowhere near as powerful as she was after she ate the Shinju's fruit though.

NewGuy01
That's a very interesting view on the matter. But didn't Kaguya activate the Infinite Tsukuyomi *after* that?

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah. Kaguya wasn't exactly a fighter though, and while the White Zetsu were pretty weak in direct combat, strength in numbers and all that. Who knows how many Ōtsutsuki were running around that other planet when Kaguya went to the Earth though.

IMO, Sasuke might have jumped to a conclusion and picked the wrong guys, but until Kishi says otherwise, Momoshiki & Kinshiki are the threats.

NewGuy01
The novel says that they're the threats, yeah. However, while they do seem much more powerful than I had initially believed, they're not peers of Kaguya whatsoever.

NewGuy01
An interesting thing to note: Until now it's appeared that Momoshiki doesn't know any Ninjutsu himself, never learned any; he can only amplify (via pills) and fire ninjutsu he's absorbed. At the end, though, he summons this massive red Rasengan after eating some chakra pills... I don't believe he ever absorbed a Rasengan. I could be wrong, he may have absorbed one before the seen portions of the fight, but...

Demonic Phoenix
Don't the duo say that they're retainers of Kaguya or something?

NewGuy01
They say something along the lines of, "We came to finish what Kaguya started". However, Kaguya's scroll made it sound like if she did succeed, they'd come after her for the fruit anyway. She built the Zetsu army to prepare for their coming.

Jmanghan
Well, it took both Naruto and Sasuke to take down Momoshiki.

So, thats a thing.

NewGuy01
They did it much more easily than when they fought Kaguya, and they didn't have Hagoromo support.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's a very interesting view on the matter. But didn't Kaguya activate the Infinite Tsukuyomi *after* that? Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's a very interesting view on the matter. But didn't Kaguya activate the Infinite Tsukuyomi *after* that? i think kagua will win here

NewGuy01
wb

Q99
They did it much more easily than when they fought Kaguya, and they didn't have Hagoromo support.

Hm, speaking of Hagoromo, he had that special seal for her. Maybe her own clan would have that, and more techniques especially for that sort of power?

NewGuy01
Then again, it's just as likely that Hagoromo, being an innovator, would create techniques like that himself.

Q99
Still, clans having techniques for in-clan use is a *thing*. Hyuga have their 'birdcage' seal. Uchiha mangekyo have izanami. You get the idea.

NewGuy01
Still, out of the 6 major Otsutsuki we see, only Hag/Ham have the tattoos.

Q99
The offworlds probably don't have *that* seal, invented by the brothers as it was, but they may have something else.

NewGuy01
Well, I mean, they can probably use Chibaku Tensei because it's a Rinnegan technique. confused

But I see no reason why Hagoromo's variation would be a weapon in the hands of the offworlders.

naurtoisbeast
That's a very interesting view on the matter. But didn't Kaguya activate the Infinite Tsukuyomi *after* that? Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's a very interesting view on the matter. But didn't Kaguya activate the Infinite Tsukuyomi *after* that? i think kaguys will win this

naurtoisbeast
The novel says that they're the threats, yeah. However, while they do seem much more powerful than I had initially believed, they're not peers of Kaguya whatsoever. Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's a very interesting view on the matter. But didn't Kaguya activate the Infinite Tsukuyomi *after* that? i think kayguya will win here

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Given that there's no real evidence to the contrary, and that we don't know the exact circumstances, yes.

They are nowhere near as powerful as she was after she ate the Shinju's fruit though. Originally posted by NewGuy01
They say something along the lines of, "We came to finish what Kaguya started". However, Kaguya's scroll made it sound like if she did succeed, they'd come after her for the fruit anyway. She built the Zetsu army to prepare for their coming. i think kaguya will win here

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

They are nowhere near as powerful as she was after she ate the Shinju's fruit though. Originally posted by Q99
Still, clans having techniques for in-clan use is a *thing*. Hyuga have their 'birdcage' seal. Uchiha mangekyo have izanami. You get the idea. i think kayguya will win here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.