Ben Carson blasts Media on Race Issues

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
"I think American blacks, over the course of this next year, will begin to see that they've been manipulated very, very largely," Carson said in response. "People telling them what they're supposed to think and what they're supposed to say."

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/09/30/ben-carson-says-black-voters-are-being-manipulated-by-the-media/21242901/

jaden101
Nothing worse than being manipulated by the media into walking down the street, minding your own business then getting shot to death by the cops.

Hate it when that happens.

long pig
Originally posted by jaden101
Nothing worse than being manipulated by the media into walking down the street, minding your own business then getting shot to death by the cops.

Or committing nearly half the violent crimes of a country even though you're only 12% of a population....

jaden101
Originally posted by long pig
Or committing nearly half the violent crimes of a country even though you're only 12% of a population....

It's terrible the media manipulates them into doing it, isn't it?

So glad you agree.

long pig
It's terrible the media manipulates them into doing it, isn't it?

So glad you agree.
They are easily manipulated. Examples include the trayvon Martin and Mike Brown cases.
They are easily manipulated into violence, self loathing and group think. Its why ten men on a boat could have control over 5000 slaves.

Omega Vision
Remind me why you don't consider yourself a racist, LP?

red g jacks
eh... reading over the article i didn't see much substance there. he just sounds like another politician looking to secure the vote of a particular demographic... even though i do think the media is largely exploitative/manipulative of the black community in general. especially when they engage in these racial campaigns over every dead thug the media can drag up and incite people to the point of rioting... no doubt this is counter productive for the communities involved yet extremely lucrative for the media.

long pig
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Remind me why you don't consider yourself a racist, LP?
I'm just being Frank. Offensive or not, its simply truth. Truth can't be racist...no matter how much libbos want it to be.

Bardock42
I'm just being Frank. Offensive or not, its simply truth. Truth can't be racist...no matter how much libbos want it to be.

Yeah, you are a truthsayer in a world of sheeple.

long pig
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, you are a truthsayer in a world of sheeple.
Mockery instead of a rebuttal? I'm shocked! wink

You know im right you silly goose.

Bardock42
Mockery instead of a rebuttal? I'm shocked! wink

You know im right you silly goose.

Nah, you are just racist. Black people are no different from other races. If you want to make an argument about people generally being easily manipulated sure, but the way you phrase it is bullshit.

Time-Immemorial
How is any of this on topic?

Time-Immemorial

You mean Michael Brown? The guy who was walking in the middle of the street acint like a jackass, and when a cop told him to get out of the middle of the street he attacked the cop, tried to take his gun, and was subsequently shot.

Damn right.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How is any of this on topic?

Oh I can explain that. So Ben Carson "blasted" the media on race issues, therefore the posters replying to this thread talked about their stances of race issues in America....

Time-Immemorial
Oh I can explain that. So Ben Carson "blasted" the media on race issues, therefore the posters replying to this thread talked about their stances of race issues in America....

Actually, you are lying. No one here is talking about the media manipulation of blacks. Its basically about Michael Brown.

Bardock42
Actually, you are lying. No one here is talking about the media manipulation of blacks. Its basically about Michael Brown.

That would be a lie, if it was what I said, albeit it's not. Although, technically long pig did talk about the media's manipulation of black people, even if he is wrong and racist.

Time-Immemorial
That would be a lie, if it was what I said, albeit it's not. Although, technically long pig did talk about the media's manipulation of black people, even if he is wrong and racist.

I forgot who made you right about everything concerning race? Considering your countries relative past, I would be wary calling anyone a racist.

Bardock42
I forgot who made you right about everything concerning race? Considering your countries relative past, I would be wary calling anyone a racist.

And yet, here I am, not being wary at all.

I don't need to be annointed as right about race to realise that someone saying the slave trade is proof that black people are inferior is a racist and possibly a troll or idiot.

Time-Immemorial

I don't need to be annointed as right about race to realise that someone saying the slave trade is proof that black people are in inferior, is a racist and possibly a troll or idiot.

Who are you to be giving lessons on anything concerning racism, considering your countries past, you are the last person we should be listening too on any subject involving racism or bigotry. Other then on the internet, anyone in person would laugh at you trying to teach them about racism in America after you told them where you are from.

Bardock42
Who are you to be giving lessons on anything concerning racism, considering your countries past, you are the last person we should be listening too on any subject involving racism or bigotry. Other then on the internet, anyone in person would laugh at you trying to teach them about racism in America after you told them where you are from.

Contrary to what you believe truth and information does not abide by nationality.

Time-Immemorial
Contrary to what you believe truth and information does not abide by nationality.

If you came to America and went into the hood and started preaching about racial equality, you would be dead on the street in less then a day.

-Pr-
Who are you to be giving lessons on anything concerning racism, considering your countries past, you are the last person we should be listening too on any subject involving racism or bigotry.

Irony overload...

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by -Pr-
Irony overload...

I see you broke the no fly zone. Never trust a drunk.

Bashar Teg
Irony overload...

damnit that's not irony. it's hypocrisy. mad

Time-Immemorial
Irony overload...

Read up about slavery before you open your ignorant mouth, most of the world had slavery. Dating all the way back to Egypt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_slavery#Modern_Europe

Star428

Just ignore him. It's libs' go-to move to call someone who doesn't agree with their ignorant liberal views as racist, bigot, religious loon, or gun nut. thumb up

Star428

laughing out loud

You like to keep making jokes about PR being Irish. I can't help but laugh, TI.

long pig

I don't need to be annointed as right about race to realise that someone saying the slave trade is proof that black people are inferior is a racist and possibly a troll or idiot.
Look at you getting all upset. And making things up as well. Who said inferior?

Emotional reactions to facts you dislike are a sign of low I.q.

Surtur
It's not blacks the media manipulates..it is everyone. They make it seem like there is an epidemic of violence against blacks perpetrated by cops that is much higher then it has been compared to recent decades. Which of course the opposite of that is the actual truth.

Why do they do this? Because a cop killing a black man is a story, a black man killing another black man is something they see on a daily basis so it's just not juicy enough.

But now because of this we have the very real issue of some people immediately assuming racism was at play if you have a cop having an altercation with a minority now. Gone are the days of "lets maybe wait to see what the investigation brings up".

Bardock42
Look at you getting all upset. And making things up as well. Who said inferior?

Emotional reactions to facts you dislike are a sign of low I.q.

I know that your wording is left ambiguous, but we all know, don't we...

long pig
Read up about slavery before you open your ignorant mouth, most of the world had slavery. Dating all the way back to Egypt.

Blacks invented slavery, whites were the first to outlaw it. Slavery is bigger than ever now....in Africa.

Will libs call me racist for these facts as well?

Bardock42
Blacks invented slavery, whites were the first to outlaw it. Slavery is bigger than ever now....in Africa.

Will libs call me racist for these facts as well?

Yeah, you're racist.

Surtur
When 96% of human history has been lost how can you even know that blacks were the first to have slaves?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Surtur
When 96% of human history has been lost how can you even know that blacks were the first to have slaves?

The power of his racism convinces him.

Bashar Teg
faith

long pig
I know that your wording is left ambiguous, but we all know, don't we...
So you assumed?

That's what I wanted to hear. Good job.

Yeah, you're racist. Its not going to work, kiddo.
http://cdn.bernardgoldberg.com/wp-content/uploads/Racist-300x300.jpg

Bardock42
So you assumed?

That's what I wanted to hear. Good job.

Its not going to work, kiddo.
http://cdn.bernardgoldberg.com/wp-content/uploads/Racist-300x300.jpg

I inferred.

Oh, it's working, no worries.

long pig
The power of his racism convinces him.
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59645485.jpg

Star428
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/59645485.jpg

thumb up

long pig
I inferred.

Oh, it's working, no worries.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b4/aa/d9/b4aad952b3dca4482fb0a42bde2311f2.jpg

Star428
laughing out loud EXactly.

Bashar Teg
http://i.imgur.com/rDepbUK.jpg

long pig
Originally posted by Star428
laughing out loud EXactly.
Liberals hold whites accountable to civilized behavior, but not blacks. From a liberal point of view it might even be racist to expect them to adhere to civilized standards of behavior.
Its sad. I think that's what Carson is saying here.

Robtard
They are easily manipulated. Examples include the trayvon Martin and Mike Brown cases.
They are easily manipulated into violence, self loathing and group think. Its why ten men on a boat could have control over 5000 slaves.

Implying that black people are inferior for no other reason than that they're black is racist.

Now maybe you don't actually believe this and are trying to trollololo or whatever, but racist-trolling is still a crappy way to troll.

long pig
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
http://i.imgur.com/rDepbUK.jpg
So I should defend every baseless attack from everyone who speaks badly of me? laughing out loud Prove a negative? Illogical.

But Ok...you are a child molester!

Prove that you aren't!

Bardock42
Perhaps one day you will notice that people only call you racist or sexist when you talk about your opinions of black people or women....which is weird if it's just a silencing tactic, innit.

Star428
Liberals hold whites accountable to civilized behavior, but not blacks. From a liberal point of view it might even be racist to expect them to adhere to civilized standards of behavior.
Its sad. I think that's what Carson is saying here.

Pretty much, yeah. "IF it wasn't for double standards, libs wouldn't have any standards"- Time Immemorial thumb up

long pig
Perhaps one day you will notice that people only call you racist or sexist when you talk about your opinions of black people or women....which is weird if it's just a silencing tactic, innit.
Only liberals and the mentally retarded would take what I said as racist.

Now, on topic....

I agree with big Ben.

Bardock42
-

Bashar Teg
So I should defend every baseless attack from everyone who speaks badly of me? laughing out loud Prove a negative? Illogical.

But Ok...you are a child molester!

Prove that you aren't!

you would first need evidence to support your position. (as in quoting something i said which gives your accusation teeth)

also, it's cute watching you try to ape logic and reason.

long pig
Pretty much, yeah. "IF it wasn't for double standards, libs wouldn't have any standards"- Time Immemorial thumb up
To me, that's the true definition of hate and racism. Low expectations of others due to race, which liberals display constantly.

Robtard
Only liberals and the mentally retarded would take what I said as racist.

Mexico is a country mainly decended from an uncreative, unintelligent stone age people with a stone age culture. They had the same amount of time to evolve as the west did, but they never left the stone age. Same for Africans and most Arabs.

They are from a less evolved stock of DNA, incapable of truly adapting to modern culture. They are always the dregs of society.

Bardock42

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/xByII_zpsw46pjcgu.jpg

long pig
you would first need evidence to support your position. (as in quoting something i said which gives your accusation teeth)

also, it's cute watching you try to ape logic and reason.
That's something a pedo would say....

eek! See, I'm mockingly accusing you of something heanous just to shut you up...like a liberal. Sucks, doesn't it? Maybe you should stop it.

Now, get back on topic.

long pig
Originally posted by Robtard
OK, maybe that's was a little racist laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Ben Carson on racism who lived it>white people on the Internet talking about it.

Robtard
Whoa, mexico. Thats Not racist, that's just a dick thing to say. laughing out loud

You claimed that Mexicans, Blacks and most Arabs are genetically inferior. That's racist.

Bashar Teg
Whoa, mexico. Thats Not racist, that's just a dick thing to say. laughing out loud

ignoring evidence means YOU WIN!

long pig
OK, maybe that's was a little racist laughing out loud

Bashar Teg
Last edited by long pig on Today at 01:35 PM

long pig
Last edited by long pig on Today at 01:35 PM
Yes, possibly that could be construed, in one were so inclined, as racist.

laughing out loud

Robtard

Anyhow, you should work on being less of a racist, since you have a problem with people calling you a racist when you make racist comments.

Bashar Teg
Yes, possibly that could be construed, in one were so inclined, as racist.

laughing out loud

are you really this dense?

Star428
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/xByII_zpsw46pjcgu.jpg

Guess the truth hurts, eh german boy? thumb up

Bardock42
Guess the truth hurts, eh german boy? thumb up

Some truths can hurt when they don't fit with defining notions you have about yourself or the world. Your post has not been one of those for me.

Star428
To me, that's the true definition of hate and racism. Low expectations of others due to race, which liberals display constantly.

I really think liberals are just trolls. I don't think they actually believe that people who simply point out their double standard behavior/expectations are really racists, bigots, or sexists because no one could be that dumb. Not even liberals.

jaden101
And yet your OP says...

Hilarious.

Time-Immemorial
And yet your OP says...

Hilarious.

I was talking about people in the thread, genius.

jaden101
I was talking about people in the thread, genius.

So you and long pig talked about Michael Brown then you complained about people talking about Michael Brown. Then you had a go at me for talking about Michael Brown when I never even mentioned him.

Fantastic stuff, Walt.

-Pr-

The **** are you talking about "no fly zone".

Also, the fact that you continue to make jokes about me drinking, even though I don't due to complications caused by having one kidney, just goes to show what an insufferable **** you are.

damnit that's not irony. it's hypocrisy. mad

Fine, HYPOCRISY OVERLOAD!

And that's relevant to what I said how, exactly?

Surtur
If you came to America and went into the hood and started preaching about racial equality, you would be dead on the street in less then a day.

Hell there is a chance even if you went to the hood and preached about nothing at all you'd still wind up shot in the face.

I mentioned this before, but some 12 yr. olds here quite literally created a Facebook type page in May for their class to keep in touch because they were afraid not everyone would survive the summer and be around for school in the fall. It's highly disturbing it exists and it's highly disturbing the kids felt the need to take this step.

People in the hood have this mentality you can't show weakness. Even being civil is seen as a weakness. This is why you always hear about people shooting people over stupid stuff(like getting beer spilled on your shoes).

red g jacks
It's not blacks the media manipulates..it is everyone. They make it seem like there is an epidemic of violence against blacks perpetrated by cops that is much higher then it has been compared to recent decades. Which of course the opposite of that is the actual truth.

Why do they do this? Because a cop killing a black man is a story, a black man killing another black man is something they see on a daily basis so it's just not juicy enough.

But now because of this we have the very real issue of some people immediately assuming racism was at play if you have a cop having an altercation with a minority now. Gone are the days of "lets maybe wait to see what the investigation brings up". true... but black people are probably the group most hurt by these campaigns, ironically enough

red g jacks
Hell there is a chance even if you went to the hood and preached about nothing at all you'd still wind up shot in the face.

I mentioned this before, but some 12 yr. olds here quite literally created a Facebook type page in May for their class to keep in touch because they were afraid not everyone would survive the summer and be around for school in the fall. It's highly disturbing it exists and it's highly disturbing the kids felt the need to take this step.

People in the hood have this mentality you can't show weakness. Even being civil is seen as a weakness. This is why you always hear about people shooting people over stupid stuff(like getting beer spilled on your shoes). ... this is a bit sensationalist imo

try going to a hood sometime.... more likely than not you'll come out alive

Slay
Yeah, I went into ''the hood'' in Memphis, TN to go see the Stax museum. Except for receiving a few weird looks nothing happened.

Bashar Teg
was it 'the hood' or were you just driving through a black neighborhood and making assumptions?

Star428

Also, the fact that you continue to make jokes about me drinking, even though I don't due to complications caused by having one kidney, just goes to show what an insufferable **** you are.

Sorry to hear about your health problem, PR. I don't think TI would've made such a joke if he had known about your condition.

Time-Immemorial

Fine, HYPOCRISY OVERLOAD!

And that's relevant to what I said how, exactly?

The words Irish and drinking go together.

Lob harasses you all the time about drinking.

Never seen you once have a problem with it.

So jokes in CBVF are jokes, but here they are serious?

If so..laughing out loud

Slay
was it 'the hood' or were you just driving through a black neighborhood and making assumptions?
Of course, libtard gets wtfpwned and starts shedding PC tears and plays the race card! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

#wtfpwned #cryharder

Seriously though, for as far as I'm concerned a neighbourhood where basically every house has bars in front of the windows is a ''hood''.

long pig
Originally posted by Robtard
Anyhow, you should work on being less of a racist, since you have a problem with people calling you a racist when you make racist comments.
Nah. I'm good. big grin

Time-Immemorial
So you and long pig talked about Michael Brown then you complained about people talking about Michael Brown. Then you had a go at me for talking about Michael Brown when I never even mentioned him.

Fantastic stuff, Walt.

My badthumb up

-Pr-
Sorry to hear about your health problem, PR. I don't think TI would've made such a joke if he had known about your condition.

Thanks, though I present to you exhibit A:

The words Irish and drinking go together.

Lob harasses you all the time about drinking.

Never seen you once have a problem with it.

So jokes in CBVF are jokes, but here they are serious?

If so..laughing out loud

Nobody listens to LoB though. Or do you really want to be seen as being in the same tier as him?

And my point STILL stands. Nice dodge btw.

Time-Immemorial
You didn't make a point You proved mine. Everyone has had slaves.

The world moved on.

A counterproductive arguement made to dismiss mine.

Also sorry to hear about your kidney./

-Pr-
You didn't make a point You proved mine. Everyone has had slaves.

The world moved on.

A counterproductive arguement made to dismiss mine.

Also sorry to hear about your kidney./

I never said people didn't have slaves, so there was no relevance to my point whatsoever.

"Everyone" is a bit much though.

Sure you are.

Time-Immemorial
Then what were you implying?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.