Yoda (canon only) vs. Link (TP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins ?

Jmanghan
Yoda cuts his sword in half and chops his head off.

quanchi112
Hmmmmmmmm.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yoda cuts his sword in half and chops his head off.

Yeah... no. He's not destroying the Master Sword, and I see no reason to believe otherwise.

As for the actual result of the match, I'm operating under the assumption that Yoda may receive referential development in the newest movie (I don't know for sure seeing as I've been intentionally keeping myself in the dark for it), so I'll probably have to see that first.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sacred Fire
Yeah... no. He's not destroying the Master Sword, and I see no reason to believe otherwise.

As for the actual result of the match, I'm operating under the assumption that Yoda may receive referential development in the newest movie (I don't know for sure seeing as I've been intentionally keeping myself in the dark for it), so I'll probably have to see that first. Go by what you know now.

AuraAngel

As for the actual result of the match, I'm operating under the assumption that Yoda may receive referential development in the newest movie (I don't know for sure seeing as I've been intentionally keeping myself in the dark for it), so I'll probably have to see that first.

He's....dead by this point. =l

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by quanchi112
Go by what you know now.

As it stands, I'd still have to take a refresher course on II and III before I could give an accurate assessment.

Originally posted by AuraAngel
He's....dead by this point. =l

I'm aware of that, but I wasn't sure if he'd get some kind of Avatar Wan treatment or not. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AuraAngel
He's....dead by this point. =l Based on ?

Sacred Fire
He's talking about Yoda being canonically deceased.

quanchi112
He's talking about Yoda being canonically deceased. Are you sure ? He needs to come forward and clear the air.

Sacred Fire
Are you sure ? He needs to come forward and clear the air.

Pretty sure, but I can tell where you're going with this.

quanchi112
Pretty sure, but I can tell where you're going with this. Where ?

Sacred Fire
Where ?

Umm... neither Heaven nor Hell?

quanchi112
Umm... neither Heaven nor Hell? Do you fear Yoda ?

COG Veteran
I fear.

quanchi112
Originally posted by COG Veteran
I fear. The question is would Link fear him ?

COG Veteran
where is screampaste when you need him? this place has become so lonely.

quanchi112
where is screampaste when you need him? this place has become so lonely. This place is on its death bed.

Sacred Fire
Do you fear Yoda ?
The question is would Link fear him ?

No. thumb up

where is screampaste when you need him? this place has become so lonely.

Haven't talked to him or Scen in a minute. I could contact them some time, if necessary...?

Edit: BTW, bestie, it's about damn time you said something again yourself. haermm

quanchi112
No. thumb up

Haven't talked to him or Scen in a minute. I could contact them some time, if necessary...? Link should fear him that's for sure.

COG Veteran
650]Originally posted by Sacred Fire
No. thumb up

Haven't talked to him or Scen in a minute. I could contact them some time, if necessary...?

Edit: BTW, bestie, it's about damn time you said something again yourself. haermm
This place could use a defib shock. I miss the 50 page arguments.

quanchi112
Let's be clear Star Wars >>>Legend of Zelda.

COG Veteran
I would agree with you but Sacred Fire might show up at my house and beat my ass.

quanchi112
I would agree with you but Sacred Fire might show up at my house and beat my ass. You are now under my protection.

Sacred Fire
You are now under my protection.

Also incorrect. The rivalry clauses of the Bro Code disallow for outside interference. Any and all issues must be resolved exclusively by us and on our own terms.

I would agree with you but Sacred Fire might show up at my house and beat my ass.

F**kin' miss you, man. Count on me heading down to Houston some time soon. wink

quanchi112
Also incorrect. The rivalry clauses of the Bro Code disallow for outside interference. Any and all issues must be resolved exclusively by us and on our own terms.

F**kin' miss you, man. Count on me heading down to Houston some time soon. wink Touch a hair on his scared head and suffer my wrath.

Sacred Fire
"Scared?" We spar all the time (when we're around). He's not f**kin' scared of me. haermm

quanchi112
"Scared?" We spar all the time (when we're around). He's not f**kin' scared of me. haermm You won't continue to bully him. I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT.

COG Veteran
If this debate ever kicks off, at the end of it,I will drive you both to the halls of Valhalla, shiny and chrome.

Sacred Fire
See? He's basically a man-god. How could I "bully" him? haermm

quanchi112
If this debate ever kicks off, at the end of it,I will drive you both to the halls of Valhalla, shiny and chrome. Come to my light, my son.

NotAllThatEvil
i would give it to yoda... Linkis good but yoda did lift a space ship with his mind.

Sacred Fire
Come to my light, my son.

http://p2.pstatp.com/large/6876/8308494957

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
i would give it to yoda... Linkis good but yoda did lift a space ship with his mind. What does that feat have to do with a fight between these two ?

NotAllThatEvil
the feat show that yoda can move things with his mind, something link cannot do? Then there's the fact that yoda has precog with the force and the only weapon that link has that can keep up with a lightsaber is the master sword. This is just TP link right? You usually don't do much else.

quanchi112
the feat show that yoda can move things with his mind, something link cannot do? Then there's the fact that yoda has precog with the force and the only weapon that link has that can keep up with a lightsaber is the master sword. This is just TP link right? You usually don't do much else. That feat is irrelevant to this matchup. We already knew he could use tk in battle.

NotAllThatEvil
...I'm confused? I said i believe that yoda would win and then backed it up by mentioning the tk,..

quanchi112
...I'm confused? I said i believe that yoda would win and then backed it up by mentioning the tk,.. That he feat you mentioned is irrelevant to how Yoda would fight him.

NotAllThatEvil
yoda tosses giant senator pods at palpitine. I'm sure either throwing giant things at link or even link himself isn't out of the question.

quanchi112
yoda tosses giant senator pods at palpitine. I'm sure either throwing giant things at link or even link himself isn't out of the question. Link would have no answer for that. Good point!!

Sacred Fire
yoda tosses giant senator pods at palpitine. I'm sure either throwing giant things at link or even link himself isn't out of the question.

Link could simply catch whatever giant thing Yoda threw at him. As for Link himself, I'm not sure.

I seem to remember Ganondorf and Zant having TK, so I suppose the best argument one could make is that ToC and MS could (speculatively) counteract it. mmm

I can't say for certain myself, as I don't quite remember how the Force works. shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.