Who likes fanfcition?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Who likes fanfiction? For those of you who dont know, fanfiction is fiction written by fans (now i feel stoooopid, its self-explanatory really!)

You can write about whateva u want, using established characters or making up your own. Go to fanfiction.net (dont forget the triple w, i'm just not allowed to put weblinks in! or at least, i couldnt last time i tried!) check out some of the stuff i wrote - my penname is FormerlyKnownAsPhoenix (as typed, no spaces, with those capital letters) also, go to fictionpress.net and search under the same penname for my original stuff, no basis on anything else!

yerssot
if they write it well, otherwise it's crap

Raz
Well that is true for most literature...

GordonSkywalker
Fanfiction can be a cool medium for fans of shows like Dr Who or X-Men. Depends on whose doing the writing and how good they really are.

Allor_Vader
I love it. It doesn't matter what. I love reading fanfics and generally will read all.

Bad Boy
I only write music and direct films

GordonSkywalker
Which films?

Allor_Vader
Well I read and write Fanfics for about anything that I have seen.

GordonSkywalker
You write?

Allor_Vader
Yep I think I suck though

GordonSkywalker
No I am sure all aspiring writers feel that way about their own stuff. I did when I joined my first band and still don't like sharing my words with others.

Allor_Vader
Oh...kuul

GordonSkywalker
Yes in fact I posted some dreary lyrics a few days ago that were really awful.

Allor_Vader
it'll be okay. Nothing is aweful. it just needs work.

GordonSkywalker
Yes but I already posted it and people might not get the right impression from reading it I think.

Ushgarak
I actually wrote a Harry Potter fan novel once. I bet that surprises some people...

GordonSkywalker
I knew you were a fellow writer but why Harry Potter in particular?

Allor_Vader
Because it's cool to write harry potter fanfics. I have found that some fanfic writers twist the characters that don't like to be what they do.

GordonSkywalker
I never looked at it like that before. I used to write all sorts of Dr Who and Star Trek fanfics when I was a growing up.

Bad Boy
I've written a screenplay and short story.

The screenplay was a cool idea and I hope to direct it someday, but it'll need loads of re-writing cos so far its sucks!

Short story sucks too!

GordonSkywalker
I have never had enough ambition to write a full length novel only a series of shorter stories.

Ushgarak
When I read the novels a story idea occured to me. It's how I end up doing most writing. There was an area I think was good to explore that I did not think was going to be.

GordonSkywalker
Impressive. So what became of this fan novel?

Ushgarak
Errr, I did some 120000 words before I decided I had made a couple of creative mistakes at some points that needed complicated rectifying. As it is only a fan piece and won;t ever get me anywhere it wasn't worth making a huge effort to do all that and I moved onto other things. Still, always nice to have something to come back to later.

GordonSkywalker
Sounds cool. I tried writing my own science fiction serials when I was in high school and a bit after but always had creative blocks that kept me from finishing them.

Ushgarak
Well, my main project has always been a fantasy job that I have started at least 15 times, once got as far as about 150000 words. It was a gift for my girlfriend. I MUST get back to it again, actually, and get a start I am happy with.

Other than the HP stuff through I am not a huge fan fiction writer.

Captain REX
GS and Yerssot will know about my stupendous job on the Star Wars fanfics I've been writing. I try to keep away from using already established characters, as it kinda limits your story (or so it seems to me). My characters that I create are better than if I tried to use an established character.

Captain REX
See here: http://forums.killermovies.com/f6/t5341.html

GordonSkywalker
Captain Rex writes some ultra cool SW fanfics. Check out the link he has so generously provided in his last post. You shall not be disappointed.

Phoenix
I agree with Allor - nothing sucks, it just needs work!

Hey, Ush, can we have a fanfic part to the forum? It would be great, and I could get some hints on what to add before I publish on fanfic.net. As this IS a movie database, we could stick to movie fanfic alone.

Pwetty please? *bats eyelashes*

Ushgarak
The very old RPing forum, in the days before I got here (long ago lost in time) was not unlike a fanfic area.

I shall bring it to the Council and see what they think. Would interested people state their interest here, please?

Phoenix
Thanks Ush!

Ushgarak
No problem at all!

yerssot
perhaps raz should then extend the max characters first?

Ushgarak
Sir has a point.

GordonSkywalker
That would be cool to have a fanfic section!

yerssot
and perhaps some new posting system for the stories?

GordonSkywalker
Why not?

yerssot
what else can we ask? wink

Allor_Vader
I think it's a great idea about the fanfic section. I agree

GordonSkywalker
We are all in agreement.

yerssot
but it's not up to you to deceide

Allor_Vader
It is up to Ush

yerssot
not at all
it's up to all the mods to make a decision

GordonSkywalker
So what is the problem with us- the local citizens of this Forum -showing our interest in such a decision? We will support whatever the Mods decide of course. That goes without saying I thought.

yerssot
possibly wink

Allor_Vader
Curious

yerssot
marvelous big grin

Allor_Vader
marvelous?

yerssot
if you say so

Allor_Vader
I didn't. You did.

yerssot
you agreed

Allor_Vader
Okay, I agreed. It's marvelous. ANything else?

Raz
A fan fic area? Could be interesting. I'll open one as long as the mods don't have a problem with it.

Allor_Vader
Well how do we know if the Mods do?

yerssot
by asking wink

Raz
You'll know in the next couple of days.

Just get your stories ready...

GordonSkywalker
Cool.

Captain REX
Ack! Now I have to copy and paste my stories over to there?!

Good God, I thought I was done posting the first story... sad

Oh well, more people will go to the fan fic section than they will to the Star Wars EU section. I'll get more people to praise my work. smile

GordonSkywalker
I will be among them Captain!

Allor_Vader
As I will too.

GordonSkywalker
We shall both be standing in line to read your marvellous stories and the day you make it big bro! cool

Allor_Vader
yep

Ushgarak
Yup, all the signs look good for this one.

Allor_Vader
YEA*throws confetti*

GordonSkywalker
{Like she said}

Captain REX
3...2...1...Happy...er...New Forum Section! big grin

Allor_Vader
YEA

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Allor_Vader
Happy Dance

yerssot
where is it then?

Allor_Vader
don't know

Phoenix
Woohoo!! Something I started got major interest! Yay me, yay me...

Ush, any idea how soon we can expect are new part to the forum?

yerssot
it's because you put a spell on us!
*runs away, screaming*

Ushgarak
Raz needs to make the change. I think we can expect him to do so in the next 24 hours but don't stake your life on that.

Captain REX
If he gets on at all.

BOPRecruit 16
http://www.fanfiction.net has a great variety/genres of fics. i'll go there all the time and send my own fanfic there. did i already mention this before? i'm getting old and need to make sure. sad thing is that i'm 17 and feel old. does any else?

Raz
Fan Fiction now open - here: http://forums.killermovies.com/f53/

GordonSkywalker
Great news Raz.

Phoenix
Wooooohhhhooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, most of my fanfic is not moviebased...

So you'll just have to wait a bit until my muse comes back from holiday...

If you wanna read my stuff, go to the aforementioned www.fanfiction.net and search under FormerlyKnownAsPhoenix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.