Shadow droid(dark side imbued) vs Annihilator-class starfighter vs Slayer ship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Demenos
palpatine's ultimate dark side imbued starfighter
darth krayt's starfighters specially made for his new sith troopers
yuuzhan vong yorik coral skipper specially made for the yuuzhan vong slayers

a one on one battle between each of them

who comes out on top?

the battle is above Byss

Darth Demenos
sorry forgot to mention that it is a squadron battle

oh yeah, none of them can ram through the opposing squadrons bc i know some of their amors might be stronger than others

Revanchiste
Are the squadron ballance via number/cost????
More the vehicule is cheap more there is in the squadron????

And this is quite personal have you done some X-Wing alliance multi-player???

carthage
Whichever ship that abducts Revanchiste and hurls him into a supermassive black hole wins

Q99
The Annihilator has easily the best firepower, and they have the best pilots. The Slayer ship has the best defense, but not enough to counter those advantages. The Shadows may have the best maneuverability, but then again the tech edge of the Annihilator may help them out there.

All three fighters are fearsome, but the Annihilators are almost certainly the strongest fighters of all time.

Q99
Thinking about how each match up-

The Shadow Droid is fast, maneuverable, and unshielded. It's got a plentiful amount of gun, but as Slayers can take four times as much fire with their dovins as a Coralskipper can, it can handle that, so a Slayer will definitely beat one down.

Against an Annihilator, the Annihilator's huge firepower doesn't matter too much, the SD relies on not getting hit anyway, and it's a cyborg wired in force user vs force imbued ace mind, which is pretty darn close but the latter doesn't have to worry about Gs. Annihilators have some shields (everything by Legacy does), but not exceptional ones by the looks of it. Though shielding is still an edge, and the Annihilator's later era means it's probably a bit faster and such too, this is definitely the SD's best matchup.

Annihilator vs Slayer, that four-times-a-coralskipper's defense matters jack squat against Annihilator level firepower, so it has to rely on trying to outfly, and may not realize how much that's needed. It also has a good amount of gun, but no missiles. Being a heavier craft, it's the least maneuverable one here- which isn't to say it's bad in the area, just comparatively.

Any fighter could hypothetically win via good piloting, but all in all, Slayer beats Shadow Droid, loses to Annihilator. Annihilator beats Slayer, close against SD. SD is close against Annihilator, loses to Slayer.

The force factor barely matters, since everyone is either force sensitive/strong, or hidden from the force. The Sith Trooper, being a full force user, and a specifically noted to be strong one at that, may be a bit stronger than the SD, but again there's the 'no G forces' factor to counter that. Ironically a non-Annihilator One Sith may be trained in detecting vong stuff since they have vong gear, but Sith Troopers probably didn't have that in their training.

It's interesting to have a fighter vs for a change.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Q99

It's interesting to have a fighter vs for a change.

yeh i thought this would be cool because it is like the best of the best of the bad guys.

Trocity
Originally posted by carthage
Whichever ship that abducts Revanchiste and hurls him into a supermassive black hole wins

Q99
The Shadow Droid can't abduct people, it's a solid droid.

The Annihilator *may* be able to, the Sith Trooper is of course more than able to, but I don't know if it actually has passenger space.

Iirc the Slayer has room for four. And of course, a Vong Slayer to do the abduction.

On a kidnapping mission it's the easy choice.

Originally posted by Darth Demenos
yeh i thought this would be cool because it is like the best of the best of the bad guys.

And you actually came up with ones that make it interesting, I wouldn't have thought of including Shadow Droids because they aren't piloted fighters, and similarly I don't think of Vong ones much.

Darth Demenos
Originally posted by Q99

And you actually came up with ones that make it interesting, I wouldn't have thought of including Shadow Droids because they aren't piloted fighters, and similarly I don't think of Vong ones much.

have you noticed that yuuzhan vong slayers and darth krayt's sith troopers are very similar?

Q99
They do have some parallels, yea.

Darth Demenos
Who do you think would win?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.