Deathstroke (Aroow) vs Bucky Barnes(CAWS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-slade on mirakuru

FrothByte
Deathstroke wins.

relentless1
ooh good one, do they have access to their weapons or is it just a hand to hand fight?

BruceSkywalker
what is Aroow????

oh and Bucky takes this

Mindset
Bucky kills him dead and if you disagree you're a jabroni.

Genesis-Soldier
bucky loses another arm... and body

slade whoops his soviet reformed ass

FrothByte
Slade and his mirakuru boys could tank multiple gunshots at point blank range and still keep going. Bucky's durabilty can't compare to that.

relentless1
slade would destroy bucky h2h, its a better fight if they have weapons though as winter soldier has better weaponry. still going with slade tho

Genesis-Soldier
if i remember correctly slade is a shit tone better at close combat then anyone most people i can think of

excludes neo

Juk3n
Will revisit this after Civil War, bucky is sure to have a few more feats.

Zack M
Slade.

Henry_Pym
Please stop overrating the arrow-verse. Slade is enhanced by their standards, but he isn't in Cap's league. Though I do think Civil war will give us feats for Bucky when he isn't mentally compromised.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Please stop overrating the arrow-verse. Slade is enhanced by their standards, but he isn't in Cap's league. Though I do think Civil war will give us feats for Bucky when he isn't mentally compromised.

As I mentioned, Slade and his boys can take multiple gunshots at point blank range and still keep going. Neither Cap nor Bucky have durability like that.

Besides, the arrowverse have unenhanced people fast enough to catch arrows. We shouldn't under estimate the arrow-verse either.

Silent Master
Cap does have feats of getting hit with an alien energy weapon without serious damage, which I'd classify as several orders of magnitude above bullets re:damage output.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cap does have feats of getting hit with an alien energy weapon without serious damage, which I'd classify as several orders of magnitude above bullets re:damage output.

That's questionable. Becuase when he does get hit with actual gun fire, it seriously hurts him.

Besides, when Cap was hit by that chitauri gun he was knocked down and obviously hurt. The mirakuru soldiers were capable of tanking MULTIPLE gunshota without even slowing down.

Silent Master
It's not at all questionable as the energy rifle was shown to do far more damage than bullets and while he might have been injured, it wasn't serious as he got right back up and kept fighting.

FrothByte
It's not at all questionable as the energy rifle was shown to do far more damage than bullets and while he might have been injured, it wasn't serious as he got right back up and kept fighting.

Different types of damage. Bigger damage maybe but not quite the same penetration capabilities. After all, it didn't go through Cap whereas bullets and knives do penetrate his skin.

In any case, it's moot to discuss laser fire because we don't know how mirakuro soldiers would react to it. But both Cap and Slade have taken gunshots before so that's a better comparison medium.

TheVaultDweller
With weapons, I would probably go with the Winter Soldier. H2H would probably go to Slade, thanks to his durability advantage. Remember when Oliver tried to jab his arrow into Cyrus Gold's leg and literally bent the tip?

FrothByte
With weapons... didn't Slade have some kind of bulletproof armor on top of his already enhanced durability?

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
Different types of damage. Bigger damage maybe but not quite the same penetration capabilities. After all, it didn't go through Cap whereas bullets and knives do penetrate his skin.

In any case, it's moot to discuss laser fire because we don't know how mirakuro soldiers would react to it. But both Cap and Slade have taken gunshots before so that's a better comparison medium.

Comparing how they take bullets would only matter if they fight involved guns, if it's just hth or with blunt weapons then the energy rifle with it's far greater damage output would be the better choice to use.

FrothByte
Comparing how they take bullets would only matter if they fight involved guns, if it's just hth or with blunt weapons then the energy rifle with it's far greater damage output would be the better choice to use.

The mirakuru soldier's skin is tough enough to bend an arrow point. You don't think this extra durability will be a factor in a h2h fight? Or do you think Cap has equal if not better durability?

Silent Master
I think it's apples and oranges. I mean movie Iron-man's armor has been slightly damaged by bullets before, are you claiming that Deathstroke is more durable than Iron-man?

FrothByte
I think it's apples and oranges. I mean movie Iron-man's armor has been slightly damaged by bullets before, are you claiming that Deathstroke is more durable than Iron-man?

No, I'm claiming Deathstroke is more durable than Cap. Quit a bit more durable than Cap actually. IM has never been damaged by small arms fire that I recall.

I think my question to you would be this: Do you think Cap is as durable as Slade? Considering that Slade's lesser brethren have been shot multiple times at point blank range and didn't even slow down or have been shot with arrows and were tough enough to bend the arrow heads.

Actually I may be asking the wrong question. This thread is about Bucky after all. So I should ask if you believe Bucky is as durable as Slade?

Silent Master
I believe that the alien energy rifle does far more damage than a bullet and Cap has taken that with less injury than he did a bullet, so it's a clear apples and oranges situation. just because DS can take a bullet better doesn't mean he'd do the same against sed energy weapon.

FrothByte
I believe that the alien energy rifle does far more damage than a bullet and Cap has taken that with less injury than he did a bullet, so it's a clear apples and oranges situation. just because DS can take a bullet better doesn't mean he'd do the same against sed energy weapon.

So basing from your logic that energy weapon >>> bullets, would you then say that Cap can take multiple gunshots at pointblank range and not slow down?

Take not that Cap wasn't hit directly by that energy weapon. It was a glancing hit IIRC.

Silent Master
It's not "my logic" the energy weapons have multiple feats of doing far more overall damage than bullets.

FrothByte
It's not "my logic" the energy weapons have multiple feats of doing far more overall damage than bullets.

Ok no prob. Still won't change my question. Do you think Cap (or Bucky) can take multiple gunshots at point blank range and not slow down? Or maybe an arrow to the thigh and not slow down?

TheVaultDweller
I'd actually wager that while arrows would pierce them, they could probably tank a few before it became a serious problem (barring getting in a vital zone, like through the eye or something). Also, what is the point of discussing the effect of energy weapons in this thread? Do DS or WS carry energy blasters as standard gear? No. But they do carry firearms, and bladed weapons, things Mirakuru soldiers have better showings against.

However, I would still give the weapons match to Bucky, because if we take his standard gear as the stuff he had for the freeway fight, he is better equipt than Slade is. Slade also does have vulnerable spots left, such as his eyes/lenses, and Bucky is adaptive, and a really really good marksman. Not to mention he carries explosives, which could at least probably KO DS, if not actually kill him. Slade also has grenades strapped to him, but he never ever uses them, and Bucky is more than experienced enough to exploit something like that.

FrothByte
Slade also uses bulletproof body armor that also covers his face. Just saying...

BruceSkywalker
Bucky wins.. pure and simple...

Slade and his mirakuru buddies lost to a bunch of normal people

FrothByte
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Bucky wins.. pure and simple...

Slade and his mirakuru buddies lost to a bunch of normal people

People who used darts with an anti-mirakuru vaccine that removed their powers and knocked them out in the process. Does Bucky have any of that?

BruceSkywalker
People who used darts with an anti-mirakuru vaccine that removed their powers and knocked them out in the process. Does Bucky have any of that?

he won't need it... bucky is quick enough to beat slade up

Mindset
What channel does Aroow come on?

FrothByte
he won't need it... bucky is quick enough to beat slade up

And your proof of him being faster than Slade is?

Besides, Slade is way more durable than Bucky.

TheVaultDweller
Both are extremely fast. Slade can casually deflect multiple arrows at close range with a sword. Bucky is fast enough to flip out of the way of machine pistol fire though, so he does most likely have the speed edge. Was DS's facemask also bulletproof? I honestly can't remember. Besides, like I said, Bucky still has explosives, and we see that he is willing to use them, and Ollie's explosive arrows were some of the few things that actually had a notable effect on Slade's soldiers.

FrothByte
Yes the mask was bulletproof. He got shot in the arrow HQ and didn't even flinch.

Most action characters can dodge gunfire to a degree. WS dodging a bit of gunfire isn't that extreme a feat. I doubt WS can dodge all of DS's attacks. In which case I'd rather put my money on the guy who's bulletprrof rather than thebguy who MIGHT be able to doge some gunfire.

TheVaultDweller
Yes the mask was bulletproof. He got shot in the arrow HQ and didn't even flinch.

Most action characters can dodge gunfire to a degree. WS dodging a bit of gunfire isn't that extreme a feat. I doubt WS can dodge all of DS's attacks. In which case I'd rather put my money on the guy who's bulletprrof rather than thebguy who MIGHT be able to doge some gunfire.

Fair enough. Still doubt it can fully protect him from the force of a large explosion.

It was more than a bit of gunfire though. Falcon emptied a pair of machine pistols at him and didn't score a single hit. And he only started moving after Falcon already had both guns in his hands and was aiming at him. And that's not even considering him jumping between speeding cars etc. Not saying he can just dance around Slade, but I would give him a slight speed edge.

Thing with Slade is he is very prone to going for melee, even when it isn't necessarily the best option (which is dumb because, based on feats, he is also a VERY good marksman). I remember Slade sniping people like they were fish in a barrel, when he and Oliver had to try to disable that surface-to-air missile, while on the island.

I just think Bucky is a smarter fighter based on his own showings (Slade's mental state makes him a bit inconsistent sometimes). But this is all up for debate, because there are no real match stips here. Whether the two are fighting in character or not, and whether they have weapons or not, has a massive impact on how this fight would go.

And a melee fight would go to Slade pretty solidly IMO, after thinking about it. We have no idea if Bucky's arm or blades could hurt Slade in any serious way, but we know that Slade's sword could mess him up badly.

FrothByte
I guess we need more info on this match. What weapons are involved, etc. Do the combatants have a bit of info on each other?

Slade has never gone up against an enhanced opponent before. If he knew before hand that WS was enhanced or that WS had a grenade launcher strong enough to hurt him I doubt he'd go for melee if he has his guns and grenades as well.

Now if they didn't know anything about each other, then yeah I'd agree that DS would probably go for melee w/ swords. Then again, if they didn't know each other WS would probably start off just by shooting DS and probably won't use his grenade launcher immediately.

To be honest, I'm not how much WS's grenade launcher will hurt DS. The mirakuru soldiers do seem to get knocked out (or at least knocked down and hurt) by explosives. But DS has a bullet proof suit on top of his already bullet resistant physiology... that's going to make it ridiculously hard to take him down. Then again, even if one shot doesn't take him out, I doubt he can withstand continues explosives.

juggerman
Ok no prob. Still won't change my question. Do you think Cap (or Bucky) can take multiple gunshots at point blank range and not slow down? Or maybe an arrow to the thigh and not slow down?

Hell no

BruceSkywalker
And your proof of him being faster than Slade is?

Besides, Slade is way more durable than Bucky.

don't you know by now that being durable doesn't give a character the auto win....

FrothByte
don't you know by now that being durable doesn't give a character the auto win....

No it doesn't. But when skill and speed are nearly equal, the one with a massive durability advantage is most likely to win.

BruceSkywalker
No it doesn't. But when skill and speed are nearly equal, the one with a massive durability advantage is most likely to win.

nope not really..

are you forgetting that bucky is fast and skillful as well

FrothByte
nope not really..

are you forgetting that bucky is fast and skillful as well

Err... that's what I said. I said when skill and speed are nearly even, the person with a huge durability advantage will probably win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.