OWAW Superman vs Runner...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Superman as he was during OWAW vs Runner in a battle to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

Who wins?

h1a8
Regular Superman would beat runner. He would just knock him out.

DarkSaint85
What about speed?

burrrrrr
Happy Dance Over/under on page count before this gets closed?

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What about speed? I believe Superman is a lot faster due to feats. I'll give runner the benefit of the doubt with the space gem though.

h1a8
Originally posted by burrrrrr
Happy Dance Over/under on page count before this gets closed? wth are you talking about. Runner has no feats that show he can beat Superman. If you disagree then name or post some.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
wth are you talking about. Runner has no feats that show he can beat Superman. If you disagree then name or post some.

Nearly killing Surfer while toying with him?

h1a8
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Nearly killing Surfer while toying with him? That's not a feat. That's your interpretation. It's exactly what he did that counts and not someone's interpretation. He didn't do any actions that prove he can beat Superman. What durability feats against blunt force does he have, feats against heat? Could OWAW Superman one shot ko him? Why not? Prove his durability.

psycho gundam
iirc he stood on a star's surface and made Moondragon immune to it's heat in his first appearance

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
iirc he stood on a star's surface and made Moondragon immune to it's heat in his first appearance That's pretty cool. Superman's hv can get more than a thousand times hotter than a star. His strength is ridiculous too.

long pig
That's pretty cool. Superman's hv can get more than a thousand times hotter than a star. His strength is ridiculous too.
No it can't.

TheLordofMurder
iirc he stood on a star's surface and made Moondragon immune to it's heat in his first appearance

He also no sold Surfers attacks...

h1a8
Originally posted by long pig
No it can't. I posted a scan in the other thread. So yes it can.

h1a8
He also no sold Surfers attacks... oh, with his blasts. I know. But that doesn't mean that Superman can't one shot him with a good punch to the face.

carver9
Runner wins. H1 like usual doesn't know what he is talking about.

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
Runner wins. H1 like usual doesn't know what he is talking about.

thumb up

burrrrrr
Superman puts up a bit of a fight but this is Runner's fight to lose.

JBL
I posted a scan in the other thread. So yes it can. No it cannot.

burrrrrr
Originally posted by JBL
No it cannot.

thumb up

long pig
I posted a scan in the other thread. So yes it can.
No you didn't. No it can't.

h1a8
Runner wins. H1 like usual doesn't know what he is talking about. prove that he can take a punch from Superman. What are his durability feats against blunt force. Prove that he is resistant to temperatures thousands of times hotter than a star. Otherwise you have no basis for saying that he wins. And you will be just blatantly using a no limits fallacy.

Originally posted by long pig
No you didn't. No it can't.

Do you believe that mankind can create and measure temperatures that are thousands of times hotter than the sun?
If you don't then I'll post some links for you.
If you do then you can't deny the scan I posted. It specifically says that Superman's hv is off the charts by any standard scientific measures. That means it is hotter than what they can measure. And like I said, I can prove that man can not only measure but create temperatures on earth thousands of times hotter than the sun.

burrrrrr
prove that he can take a punch from Superman. What are his durability feats against blunt force. Prove that he is resistant to temperatures thousands of times hotter than a star. Otherwise you have no basis for saying that he wins. And you will be just blatantly using a no limits fallacy

Do you believe that mankind can create and measure temperatures that are thousands of times hotter than the sun?
If you do then you can't deny the scan I posted. It specifically says that Superman's hv is off the charts by any standard scientific measures. That means it is hotter than what they can measure. And like I said, I can prove that man can not only measure but create temperatures on earth thousands of times hotter than the sun.

Casually overpowering Silver Surfer is all the proof needed.
No limits...such as "off the charts HV" or "not holding back Superman"?

Of course they can. And? A reporter's statement on it holds little weight. And if we take that thousands of degrees hotter than the sun at face value, why aren't people like Runner and Silver Surfer getting vaporized left and right by these awesome weapons that are thousands of times hotter than the sun?

Stoic

Of course they can. And? A reporter's statement on it holds little weight. And if we take that thousands of degrees hotter than the sun at face value, why aren't people like Runner and Silver Surfer getting vaporized left and right by these awesome weapons that are thousands of times hotter than the sun?

Well you won't get an answer, or the proper one in any case from h1. He tends to throw the no limits fallacy fallacy around when he tries to make a point, but doesn't see that he's actually saying that a character capable of withstanding Superman's HV would have to have no limits in order to survive it.

abhilegend
Superman easily.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
He also no sold Surfers attacks...
So did Thor.

abhilegend

Superman will overpower surfer casually too.

burrrrrr
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman will overpower surfer casually too.

wacko

Juntai
Superman will overpower surfer casually too. And Runner too.

h1a8

Of course they can. And? A reporter's statement on it holds little weight. And if we take that thousands of degrees hotter than the sun at face value, why aren't people like Runner and Silver Surfer getting vaporized left and right by these awesome weapons that are thousands of times hotter than the sun? So being about twice as strong as Surfer is proof of beating Superman? You know that Superman is many times stronger than Surfer right?
Surfer and runner haven't been shot by something that hot. These temperatures are created in a huge laboratory facility, not for offensive use or weaponry. And these are not lasers or energy beams when I mentioned that man can create those temperatures.

And it's all about writer's intentions. What were his intentions? That Superman's hv is beyond anything man can measure.

h1a8
Sorry double post

DarkSaint85
So being about twice as strong as Surfer is proof of beating Superman? You know that Superman is many times stronger than Surfer right?
Surfer and runner haven't been shot by something that hot. These temperatures are created in a huge laboratory facility, not for offensive use or weaponry. And these are not lasers or energy beams when I mentioned that man can create those temperatures.

And it's all about writer's intentions. What were his intentions? That Superman's hv is beyond anything man can measure.

Or...his intentions were that reporter was given to hyperbole.

Surely, in all of Superman's history, you can dig something else up? Prof Hamilton, after all, studied him extensively - does he not have any measurements?

Otherwise, we'd have to take Reed's statements about million exploding suns at face value - or PM's statements about Hulk supporting a star at face value.

long pig
prove that he can take a punch from Superman. What are his durability feats against blunt force. Prove that he is resistant to temperatures thousands of times hotter than a star. Otherwise you have no basis for saying that he wins. And you will be just blatantly using a no limits fallacy.

No.

h1a8

Surely, in all of Superman's history, you can dig something else up? Prof Hamilton, after all, studied him extensively - does he not have any measurements?

Otherwise, we'd have to take Reed's statements about million exploding suns at face value - or PM's statements about Hulk supporting a star at face value. It can't be hyperbole if it actually compares the hv to things man created and actually gives evidence towards actual measurement. I'm only suggesting that Superman can create temperature EQUAL to what man can create (although the scan implies much more) and not more. This is more than fair. It wouldn't make any sense for Superman's hv to be less powerful than the things normal man can create.

But to back it up with other circumstances. We know that Superman can withstand a star's heat, even when the star is robbing him of power instead. Yet hv was shown time and time again to be hot enough to burn through Superman and as well as probes.

panthergod
Superman would laugh at Surfers puny limbs.

Stoic
It can't be hyperbole if it actually compares the hv to things man created and actually gives evidence towards actual measurement. I'm only suggesting that Superman can create temperature EQUAL to what man can create (although the scan implies much more) and not more. This is more than fair. It wouldn't make any sense for Superman's hv to be less powerful than the things normal man can create.

But to back it up with other circumstances. We know that Superman can withstand a star's heat, even when the star is robbing him of power instead. Yet hv was shown time and time again to be hot enough to burn through Superman and as well as probes.

Why can't any if not all of what you are stating here be applied to the Surfer? Not to seem like I'm trying to pick a fight with you or anything, my first thoughts were that Superman (OWAW) wins this, but I can't see why you think that the Surfer is incapable of very impressive power stunts himself? There was a time that the Surfer was grief stricken over the destruction of Zenn-La and this made his power spike to the point that Galactus had wondered how any other being beside himself could put out that much power. This is Galactus that I'm talking about, and not some prop character or lack feat Probe.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Why can't any if not all of what you are stating here be applied to the Surfer? Not to seem like I'm trying to pick a fight with you or anything, my first thoughts were that Superman (OWAW) wins this, but I can't see why you think that the Surfer is incapable of very impressive power stunts himself? There was a time that the Surfer was grief stricken over the destruction of Zenn-La and this made his power spike to the point that Galactus had wondered how any other being beside himself could put out that much power. This is Galactus that I'm talking about, and not some prop character or lack feat Probe. Are you suggesting that Surfer is beyond Odin or even Thanos? It's irrelevant since the Surfer that fought runner was an average one, not an amped one. OWAW Superman is significantly stronger than average Surfer.

Stoic
Are you suggesting that Surfer is beyond Odin or even Thanos? It's irrelevant since the Surfer that fought runner was an average one, not an amped one. OWAW Superman is significantly stronger than average Surfer.

The Surfer wasn't amped in the scene that I described, he was grief stricken from what I recall. I could be wrong, but I think that it was all under his own power. Read what i wrote, not what you think I wrote.

h1a8
The Surfer wasn't amped in the scene that I described, he was grief stricken from what I recall. I could be wrong, but I think that it was all under his own power. Read what i wrote, not what you think I wrote. Post the scan. I don't understand what you are getting at. What are you suggesting?

Insane Titan
If it's Runner with the gem he stomps

h1a8
Agreed, but I don't think it's that version.

Juntai
With or without. Doesn't matter. Or does he have some new feats I don't know about or is it the same tired overpowering Surfer and the other of tearing his chair apart and getting outsmarted by Thanos?

I see no evidence he'd even register as a threat.

psycho gundam
There isn't much to go on as far as a thread is concerned but the casual dismissal of Runner as a non-threat is pretty extreme. IIRC he hasn't even been injured on panel yet and like I mentioned granted invulnerability to Moondragon "casually"

http://i57.tinypic.com/2iu2ady.jpg

psycho gundam
^ Supernovas as second date ideas. He's not a a weak feeb

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Juntai
With or without. Doesn't matter. Or does he have some new feats I don't know about or is it the same tired overpowering Surfer and the other of tearing his chair apart and getting outsmarted by Thanos?

I see no evidence he'd even register as a threat.

Well a bonefide Trans Tier character, The Collector, was completely helpless against Runners wrath during The Thanos Quest...

abhilegend
The same Collector who was helpless against Hawkeye's arrows? That Collector?

psycho gundam
Can Abhilegend find a Runner low-showing? Find out on the next episode of KMC

http://i60.tinypic.com/14u9c74.jpg

abhilegend
Eh, he got tripped and taken out by Mantis in the very next comic where he overpowered Surfer.

But surfer almost dying by falling on a planet is still more hilarious.

TheLordofMurder
Surfer didnt fall on the planet; Runner threw Surfer into the planet creating a huge crater and nearly killing the Surfer as a result of the punishment endured battling Runner...

TheLordofMurder
The same Collector who was helpless against Hawkeye's arrows? That Collector?

Low showing for Collector...

On average he is bonafide Trans...

Hawkeyes arrows also have a good record vs Thanos, so take the Hawkeye wank with a grain of salt...

abhilegend
Low showing for Collector...

On average he is bonafide Trans...

Hawkeyes arrows also have a good record vs Thanos, so take the Hawkeye wank with a grain of salt...
What has Collector ever done to be Trans tier? Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Surfer didnt fall on the planet; Runner threw Surfer into the planet creating a huge crater and nearly killing the Surfer as a result of the punishment endured battling Runner...
No, really?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/VoltronForce/runnersurfer5.jpg

mmm

TheLordofMurder
What has Collector ever done to be Trans tier?
No, really?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b240/VoltronForce/runnersurfer5.jpg

mmm

Well given the nature of the character, Collector never really does alot directly (he prefers to work behind the scenes), but when he does, he proves to be quite powerful...

Most recently Collector defeated Thane Ector and the Unimind was required to defeat him...

Oh and by the way, thanks for posting the scan showing Runner throwing Surfer into the palnet; the very next comic shows Surfer at the bottom of the crater formed talking about how the Runner was beyond him and how he was dying...

And as your scan shows, nearly beating the Surfer to death was just "fun" for the Runner; you get the feeling watching the entire fight that he wasnt even trying hard against the Surfer (lol at Surfer gritting his teeth in determination and the Runner just smiling)...

Those here saying that Runner is a nonthreat to OWAW Superman vastly underestimate Runner...

h1a8
Normal Superman is a physical powerhouse. Much greater than Surfer. We are talking multi planetary levels of strength. I would be shocked if Surfer can lift a mountain. Owaw is even more powerful. One shotting trans beings is nothing to sneeze at. I understand that runner hasn't shown his limits. But we can't assume that they are too much greater than what he showed on panel. With all things being considered, I would say owaw superman wins a decent fight. It's probably not a stomp but I can't consider runner being on the level of owaw just by punking Surfer. To me, one shotting a trans being is far more powerful.

psycho gundam
^ But Runner has everything you fantasize about in every thread. Stop lying to yourself

panthergod
Is defeating the Surfer supposed to be impressive?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by panthergod

Cosmic Armbar in 3, 2... laughing out loud

psycho gundam
Runner has less low showings than Spectre

Tar-Antado

Why not?

abhilegend
Well given the nature of the character, Collector never really does alot directly (he prefers to work behind the scenes), but when he does, he proves to be quite powerful...

Most recently Collector defeated Thane Ector and the Unimind was required to defeat him...

And that's supposed to prove what exactly? Thane has one showing against Thanos with his plot device powers and getting beaten by Unimind isn't a very good showing.

Runner simply let him go, nowhere he was thrown by the Runner.

He just overpowered Surfer. Surfer nearly died by falling on that planet.

uhuh

TheLordofMurder
Runner didn't let him go...

He grabbed him by both wrists and hurled him (as is evidenced by the twisting on his body) at the planet with tremendous velocity...

They were well away from the planet Runner threw him into; under normal circumstances, Surfer would drift towards the planet, and once he was close enough, free fall would occur...

Free fall clearly didnt happen here; Runner hurled him...

Stoic

He grabbed him by both wrists and hurled him (as is evidenced by the twisting on his body) at the planet with tremendous velocity...

They were well away from the planet Runner threw him into; under normal circumstances, Surfer would drift towards the planet, and once he was close enough, free fall would occur...

Even if he didn't toss him into the planet at great velocity he obviously could have judging by his performance against the Surfer. I mean dude was smiling as he easily over powered the Surfer.

h1a8
^ But Runner has everything you fantasize about in every thread. Stop lying to yourself Superman does too. But Superman feats are better (speed and strength). I'll give runner with the gem the edge though.

abhilegend

You need to learn how to look at the pictures.

TheLordofMurder
You need to learn how to look at the pictures.

You need to take your own advice and look at the scan again; Surfer didnt fall...he was thrown.

TheLordofMurder
As pertains Collector, he doesn't have much in the way of combat feats, but when he does demonstrate his power its considerable...

You might not think much about the Unimind, but its significantly beyond herald and pretty powerful in its own right despite some lackluster appearances...

Collector is definitely Trans; I'd personally place him at the very bottom of Trans (like I'd place Frankie Raye...Nova...at the bottom of Herald), but Trans nonetheless.

According to the Tierings here at KMC, all of the Elders with the exception of Ego is Trans for whatever value you place in it...

Anyway, this guy was completely helpless before Runner...just like Thanos...just like Surfer.

Runner is extremely formidable...

abhilegend
You need to take your own advice and look at the scan again; Surfer didnt fall...he was thrown.
No, he wasn't.

thumb up

abhilegend
As pertains Collector, he doesn't have much in the way of combat feats, but when he does demonstrate his power its considerable...

You might not think much about the Unimind, but its significantly beyond herald and pretty powerful in its own right despite some lackluster appearances...

Collector is definitely Trans; I'd personally place him at the very bottom of Trans (like I'd place Frankie Raye...Nova...at the bottom of Herald), but Trans nonetheless.

According to the Tierings here at KMC, all of the Elders with the exception of Ego is Trans for whatever value you place in it...

Anyway, this guy was completely helpless before Runner...just like Thanos...just like Surfer.

Runner is extremely formidable...
Collector has no feats to place him at Trans level.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Collector has no feats to place him at Trans level.

thumb up

Taking it to a guy who took it to Thanos?

Also keep in mind what was needed to stop him; the Unimind is pretty powerful...

TheLordofMurder
No, he wasn't.

thumb up

You are clearly trolling then...

You see Runner holding Surfer by both wrists then you see Ruuners body twist in the direction of the planet and Surfer zooming away until he slams into it...

And you call that a "fall!?" I guess Surfer "fell" really really fast...lol.

Either you are trolling or you need to work on your visual comprehension...

Stoic

You see Runner holding Surfer by both wrists then you see Ruuners body twist in the direction of the planet and Surfer zooming away until he slams into it...

Why do you bother? You're arguing semantics over a poorly sketched scene. Either of you could be correct. Instead, just rest with the knowledge that the Runner had the Surfer at his mercy, and could have done anything to him at the end of that fight. The rest is meaningless.

celeyhyga17

Even though I think you're wrong in this case, at least your not as bad as Abhi.
stick out tongue

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo45/aarons24/Superman/The%20Runner/runnersurfer5.jpg

They were already moving at speeds fast enough for space travel. When Runner beat Surfer into submission, he simply hopped off a board that was moving incredibly fast. The board's momentum took Surfer through space and eventually into a celestial body. Pretty clear if I say so myself. Abhi's butchery of scenes is legendary especially with characters that are a threat to his boy blue so you shouldn't pay him much mind. He even went further with his attempted lowball by claiming that he almost died falling into a planet when in actuality it was the Runner's power that really phukked him up.

Rao Kal El
Still Superman is ONE shooting probes that are giving hell to teams of herlads like Flash, MMH, GL Kyle and Wonder Woman ON ARMOR.

That basically poops all over defeating the SS.

carver9
And none of those people are as powerful as Surfer, Hulk, Thor, Black Adam, etc... they are impressive but they are not in that tier and before you say Wonder Woman is, she probably is 'close' to them which is the reason she cracked the Probe armor.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman gives him a run for his money.

Rao Kal El
Lol any of them will give the guys you mentioned a good fight.

Kyle GL just reconstructed a planet on OWAW laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Kyle GL just reconstructed a planet on OWAW laughing out loud You mean the strongest DC character?

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Mindset
You mean the strongest DC character?

Probably yes thumb up

carver9

Kyle GL just reconstructed a planet on OWAW laughing out loud

When those probes actually fought someone as powerful as the people I named (Zod and Superman, amped Aquaman, Diana Mother), they got killed. That's all it took was elites to do it.

carver9
When those probes actually fought someone as powerful as the people I named (Zod and Superman, amped Aquaman, Diana Mother), they got killed. That's all it took was elites to do it.

Forgot to add Doomsday. People with amazing strength had the power to kill them.

Time-Immemorial
How you doing bro?

Rao Kal El
Forgot to add Doomsday. People with amazing strength had the power to kill them.

Which none of the ones you mentioned have.

But I just remember I am talking to the guy who literally believes 133 hercs and ignores all history.

Superman wins not in a stomp but on this mind set Superman will win

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
How you doing bro?

I'm doing OK. To be honest not really with a lot of energy. Which is hard seeing all the atrocities Carver writes and not having the energy to call him out.

Sorry about your sig as you can Imagine , on the current state of affairs not really up to work on them sad

panthergod
So now you're just deliberately lying.

Rao Kal El
So now you're just deliberately lying.

That's the way Carver rolls, he will nit pick or twist even the color of the Hulk, even for a whole year erm

h1a8
When those probes actually fought someone as powerful as the people I named (Zod and Superman, amped Aquaman, Diana Mother), they got killed. That's all it took was elites to do it. wow, so let's forget that they used plot devices to win.

celeyhyga17
A tank's nuclear core along with black lightning blew one up.

h1a8
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
A tank's nuclear core along with black lightning blew one up. How powerful was the tank? Was it human made? Which issue did this occur?

panthergod
Not to mention 2 Earth Angels, and hours of attacks from B-13( Galactus-class tech) tech tanks.

Rao Kal El
And on too of that IIRC the nuke was Apokaliptian tech

Inhuman
http://i.imgur.com/khnDx6f.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/k8S1aV3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4GlzJPW.jpg

Would have died if not for Mantis

carver9
wow, so let's forget that they used plot devices to win.

No context bro. Zod took 3 out with physical might. Aquaman needed an amp that pushed him to elite level and took one out. Diana mom took 3 out because she was amped to elite levels. Diana took one out. Doomsday who is an elite took 4 to 5 out and Superman took some out. Don't understand why people don't think Thor, Surfer and Hulk can't take some out when they are well within the tier to do so.

panthergod
No context bro. Zod took 3 out with physical might. Aquaman needed an amp that pushed him to elite level and took one out. Diana mom took 3 out because she was amped to elite levels. Diana took one out. Doomsday who is an elite took 4 to 5 out and Superman took some out. Don't understand why people don't think Thor, Surfer and Hulk can't take some out when they are well within the tier to do so.

Still lying. Aquaman directly outperformed greater than elite top tier power via the Trident of Poseidon. Period.

Diana took out out via hitting a weak point.

Hypollyta's amped took out out via the same weak point.

Doomsday is far above Elite. He mud stomps Orion and JOnn in ma minute.

Superman was far above Elite when all out. At elite levels he couldn't dent a Probe. Then he amped himself by breaking through his mental blocks suppressing his innate power-level. At the same levels he was matching Darkseid. He was easily Thanos class at Probe smashing levels.

Zod was a Superman clone. Originally he was going to be the Pre-Crisis Superman from the Phantom Zone Krypton at that point according to his creator Joe Kelly before he was turned into a Russian inen with identical powers to Superman.

Surfer could take them out via cutting through weak points with his board, Thor with a Godblast/ FTL Mjolnir toss, Hulk by getting to WWHulk vs Sentry/Worldbreaker levels. Otherwise they would get hosed.

Proves were far above top tier and had zero true low showings.

carver9
Still lying. Aquaman directly outperformed greater than elite top tier power via the Trident of Poseidon. Period.

Diana took out out via hitting a weak point.

Hypollyta's amped took out out via the same weak point.

Doomsday is far above Elite. He mud stomps Orion and JOnn in ma minute.

Superman was far above Elite when all out. AtElite levels he couldn't deny a Probe. At the same levels he was matching Darkseid. He was easily Thanos class at Probe smashing levels.

Zod was a Superman clone. Originally he was going to be the Pre-Crisis Superman from the Phantom Zone Krypton at that point according to his creator Joe Kelly before he was turned into a Russian inen with identical powers to Superman.

Surfer could take them out via cutting through weak points, Thor with a Godblast/ FTL Mjolnir toss, Hulk by getting to WWHulk vs Sentry/Worldbreaker levels. Otherwise they would get hosed.

Proves were far above top tier and had zero true low showings.

Make a thread. Thor vs Aquaman with trident. See who comes out on top.

Zod is mid Herald to high Herald.

Doomsday is high Herald.

Don't matter where the probes were hit at, Diana mom and Wonder Woman took them out.

panthergod
Make a thread. Thor vs Aquaman with trident. See who comes out on top.

Couldn't care less. The Trident would destroy Thor.

They are more formidable than any Herald. Doomsday would take out virtually ever Herald at once, way more dominant that Wol Morg.

Lying again. The comics showed that it mattered. They were far faster than Thor, Surfer or Hulk, who can't remotely keep up with a Probe in melee combat.

Only Surfer has a top tier class cutting implement via the board. This, only he could exploit that weak spot vulnerability out of the three.

carver9
Couldn't care less. The Trident would destroy Thor.

They are more formidable than any Herald. Doomsday would take out virtually ever Herald at once, way more dominant that Wol Morg.

Lying again. The comics showed that it mattered. They were far faster than Thor, Surfer or Hulk, who can't remotely keep up with a Probe in melee combat.

Only Surfer has a top tier class cutting implement via the board. This, only he could exploit that weak spot vulnerability out of the three.

We know the outcome which is the reason you won't make the thread.

Lol...make a thread. Doomsday vs every Herald. You don't even believe the stuff you say.

If the Probes are more formidable than Thor, Surfer, and Hulk combined, make a thread, Diana mom with gear vs Thor, Surfer, and Hulk. Include weak spots in the match.

Stoic

Lol...make a thread. Doomsday vs every Herald. You don't even believe the stuff you say.

If the Probes are more formidable than Thor, Surfer, and Hulk combined, make a thread, Diana mom with gear vs Thor, Surfer, and Hulk. Include weak spots in the match.

Didn't Thor break through a Celestial's armor? i guess that those Probes are more durable than a Celestial now.

kevdude
^^ So you don't think it matters where the Probes were hit at? blink

Stoic
Originally posted by kevdude
^^ So you don't think it matters where the Probes were hit at? blink

Not my point. The claim was that none of the guys in marvel were capable of taking the Probes out. This can be contested by all of the feats that they have accomplished. The Hulk not being able to tear those Probes apart is actually ludicrous if you were to look at some of the crazy stuff that he has torn apart in the past. Shit he even punched his way into a mystically sealed dimension. The sweet spot of those Probes may matter to some characters, but not all characters to be sure.

panthergod

It's irrelevant.

Unless you are arguing that Thor is more durable than a Probe this claim is a joke.

You act like the fact that Doomsday is far above any Herald is up for debate for anyone that has any relevant knowledge of these characters.

Cool, Hypollyta w/10x. Strength/durability+ Hermes level speed vs Those characters with the Lasso of Truth at their necks? She decapitates them No problem. 10/10.

But continue with your laughable deflections and jobs -sequiturs. This is QUITE entertaining , how desperate you are to change the subject in order to hide your lies.

panthergod
Not my point. The claim was that none of the guys in marvel were capable of taking the Probes out. This can be contested by all of the feats that they have accomplished. The Hulk not being able to tear those Probes apart is actually ludicrous if you were to look at some of the crazy stuff that he has torn apart in the past. Shit he even punched his way into a mystically sealed dimension. The sweet spot of those Probes may matter to some characters, but not all characters to be sure.

So you can't understand anything stated in my posts, either? How sad.

Stoic
Maybe Doomsday is greater than any herald level character in the DCU, but in Marvel the dials go up to 40 you slack jawed fool.

Mindset
Maybe Doomsday is greater than any herald level character in the DCU, but in Marvel the dials go up to 40 you slack jawed fool. https://media.giphy.com/media/sWBOpINwXnW7K/giphy.gif

panthergod
Maybe Doomsday is greater than any herald level character in the DCU, but in Marvel the dials go up to 40 you slack jawed fool.

" Herald level"? He stomps Surfer level characters with ease, "Herald" , lol as if he's weak enough to be compared to those feebs.

Stoic
" Herald level"? He stomps Surfer level characters with ease, "Herald" , lol as if he's weak enough to be compared to those feebs.

Surfer level? Pshhh. The Surfer would become intangible and put a black hole in his black hole. Then he would literally jump up his own ass and die.

panthergod
Surfer level? Pshhh. The Surfer would become intangible and put a black hole in his black hole. Then he would literally jump up his own ass and die.

Let's see the comic where he has done this.

Stoic
Let's see the comic where he has done this.

Let's first see the comic that shows Doomsday tearing up beings of the Surfer's caliber. Read the footnote that h1 came up with, and bask in his radiant glow.

panthergod
Let's first see the comic that shows Doomsday tearing up beings of the Surfer's caliber. Read the footnote that h1 came up with, and bask in his radiant glow.
Hunter/Prey, Doomsday Wars, Action Comics 585, Action Comics 624-625. That was effortless.

Next?

Now give the comic in your next reply or you concede to being a delusional pathological liar who doesn't have an opinion of any relevance and utterly concedes to bring wrong in every single solitary respect as it relates to this thread.

kevdude

I know it wasn't your point, that's why it was directed at carver, you posted right after me so I had to add the extra ^. But anyway, I'm sure taking Hulk to extreme levels could do it under the right circumstances. Superman couldn't even dent one and that's with Mongul training him, and the Probe was still beating them.

abhilegend
Even though I think you're wrong in this case, at least your not as bad as Abhi.
stick out tongue

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo45/aarons24/Superman/The%20Runner/runnersurfer5.jpg

They were already moving at speeds fast enough for space travel. When Runner beat Surfer into submission, he simply hopped off a board that was moving incredibly fast. The board's momentum took Surfer through space and eventually into a celestial body. Pretty clear if I say so myself. Abhi's butchery of scenes is legendary especially with characters that are a threat to his boy blue so you shouldn't pay him much mind. He even went further with his attempted lowball by claiming that he almost died falling into a planet when in actuality it was the Runner's power that really phukked him up.
laughing out loud

Do you even know what's being argued?Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

"You're trolling".

facepalm

I can't talk to some guy who can't even look at a picture.

Time-Immemorial
So now you're just deliberately lying. Originally posted by Rao Kal El
That's the way Carver rolls, he will nit pick or twist even the color of the Hulk, even for a whole year erm

laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
How powerful was the tank? Was it human made? Which issue did this occur?
I guess powerful enough to destroy a probe.
Looked like a U.S. tank.
Action Comics 781.

And on too of that IIRC the nuke was Apokaliptian tech
It was? Possibly.. I don't remember though.

Here's the scene.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/jqpcgg.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/kb29gy.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2en2qs2.jpg

DarkSaint85
That tank was Brainiac B13 tech....now, I'm not sure what abilities Black Lightning has - does he amplify energy? Or does he simply redirect it?

Because the provenance of the tank shouldn't be an issue. They mass produced them, and they didn't show any amazing capabilities (and in fact, were useless against the probes on their own, even when massed together). So, let's say it was a large nuke in power.

They exploded the tank, and BL shot it at the probe. So now all that remains is to see if he amps it or not.

Surtur

Okay but what feats show his HV is as hot as you claim? Note that someone saying his HV is off the charts isn't really an actual feat for Superman. It's not a thing he did it is a thing someone else said about him.

Surely you can cite things Superman has actually done to support the statement you are using?

Time-Immemorial
I'm doing OK. To be honest not really with a lot of energy. Which is hard seeing all the atrocities Carver writes and not having the energy to call him out.

Sorry about your sig as you can Imagine , on the current state of affairs not really up to work on them sad

I love my sig why are you sorry, Carver tried to copy mine and failed like Hulk failed at beating Zeus.

abhilegend
Looked like a U.S. tank.
Action Comics 781.

Here's the scene.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2en2qs2.jpg It was B13 tech.

Two earth angels couldn't beat the same probe BTW.

It's basically a very high showing for Pierce.

Rao Kal El
Looked like a U.S. tank.
Action Comics 781.

Here's the scene.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2en2qs2.jpg

I don't remember why did I thought there was apok tech involved. Maybe because of the alliance.

But yes apparently it was B13 tech.

That probe in particular faced Black lighting, supergirl, several armored divisions and the black hawk air corps

panthergod
Plus 2 Earth Angels, top tier level characters.

TheLordofMurder
Hmmmm....

16-13 Runner...

The people have spoken; Runner wins...

panthergod
Hmmmm....

16-13 Runner...

The people have spoken; Runner wins...

They've lied out of pure spite, anyway.

Superman wins to those of us who aren't deliberately lying about what the comics show.

Runner has nothing is his existence on par with Superman post OWAW-Flashpoint.

TheLordofMurder
They've lied out of pure spite, anyway.

Superman wins to those of us who aren't deliberately lying about what the comics show.

Runner has nothing is his existence on par with Superman post OWAW-Flashpoint.

I respectfully disagree....

Runner has yet to be overpowered by anyone or anything less than a full powered Galactus...

Thanos himself couldnt subdue Runner without the Time Gem...

I created this thread believing that this would be a good fight, and I continue to believe that, but based on the arguments presented, I do believe that Runner wins...

panthergod
I respectfully disagree....

Runner has yet to be overpowered by anyone or anything less than a full powered Galactus...

Thanos himself couldnt subdue Runner without the Time Gem...

I created this thread believing that this would be a good fight, and I continue to believe that, but based on the arguments presented, I do believe that Runner wins...

No limits fallacy.

Runner had the Space Gem when he chomped Thanos. He doesn't here.

Superman dominates multiple Thanos class and above characters. Beating Surfer doesn't really prove anything in comparison to a guy who dominates Mordru, Darkseid, etc.

TheLordofMurder
No limits fallacy.

Runner had the Space Gem when he chomped Thanos. He doesn't here.

Superman dominates multiple Thanos class and above characters. Beating Surfer doesn't really prove anything in comparison to a guy who dominates Mordru, Darkseid, etc.

Runner never actually used to the Space Gem against Thanos; according to Thanos, Runner only used the gem to subconsciously teleport...

None of that occured during his battle against Thanos; Thanos was the one that needed an Infinity Gem to secure victory...

Runner was dominanting Thanos without using the Space Gem; just like he did to Surfer, just like he did to Collector...

Once again, nothing or no one less than a fully powered Galactus has ever overpowered Runner...

burrrrrr
Superman's not beating Runner without a plot device or backup of some sort. Runner is just on a different level. Regular Superman would get wrecked badly. OWAW version puts up a fight but nothing in that series gives Superman a majority against Runner.

Juntai
It's actually quite the opposite. Runner has nothing that shows he's in a league with Superman when he's cutting loose like that.

TheLordofMurder
It's actually quite the opposite. Runner has nothing that shows he's in a league with Superman when he's cutting loose like that.

Except beating on Thanos while toying with him...

Juntai
By dominating Thanos you mean, Thanos feigning helplessness while Runner destroyed his chair?

Because Runner never really hit Thanos.
Thanos acted as if he was helpless.
Reaching for pieces of the chair.

Runner started talking trash.

Then Thanos said "I think not." and simply righted himself, called Runner an idiot, and owned him.

lol.

TheLordofMurder
By dominating Thanos you mean, Thanos feigning helplessness while Runner destroyed his chair?

Because Runner never really hit Thanos.
Thanos acted as if he was helpless.
Reaching for pieces of the chair.

Runner started talking trash.

Then Thanos said "I think not." and simply righted himself, called Runner an idiot, and owned him.

lol.

Thanos couldnt touch Runner; he tried to blast him and failed...

Runner did destroy Thanos's chair and had Thanos helpless; Thanos had no answer to Runners speed and had no way to effectively fight back...

Runner told him, "talk, or be beaten into grape jelly" and Thanos talked as he really had no other choice; Thanos however did use that opportunity to get a fix on Runner and use the Time Gem on him...

So Thanos never "owned" Runner, but he did outsmart him...

So my point remains; Runner has never been overpowered by anyone less than full powered Galactus...

burrrrrr

Runner did destroy Thanos's chair and had Thanos helpless; Thanos had no answer to Runners speed and had no way to effectively fight back...

Runner told him, "talk, or be beaten into grape jelly" and Thanos talked as he really had no other choice; Thanos however did use that opportunity to get a fix on Runner and use the Time Gem on him...

So my point remains; Runner has never been overpowered by anyone less than full powered Galactus...

thumb up

Juntai

So my point remains; Runner has never been overpowered by anyone less than full powered Galactus... He was being outsmarted the entire time, is what you're failing to realize.

He told him his only chance he had, involved his speed, but Thanos knew he was a braggart, so he bought time, and knew Runner would stop to brag when he thought he had victory, a scenario that Thanos force-fed to him, then called him an idiot.

Righted himself with his power. Proving he never needed the chair.

And owned him with the gem.

Juntai
thumb up no

TheLordofMurder
Oh and btw Juntai, its a nitpick point, but one I will nitpick juse because...

One could reasonably argue that Runners final attack against Thanos; the one that fully destroyed Thanos's chair, did infact hit Thanos...

The chair was nearly destroyed prior to that last attack; Runner would have had to make direct contact against Thanos because there was nothing else in the way to hit...

So Runner DID beat on Thanos while toying with him... wink

Juntai
At no point did he;
Except beating on Thanos while toying with him...
Or
and had Thanos helpless
or
Runner was dominanting Thanos without using the Space Gem

burrrrrr
no

...that being said, Runner still wins. Sorry geek

You do know that "Superman wins!" is not an actual part of his power set, right?

TheLordofMurder
Runner did have Thanos helpless; Thanos couldnt physically reach him and couldnt blast him...

Tricking Runner into standing still long enough to get a fix on him with the Time Gem was the only option Thanos had left...

Juntai
...that being said, Runner still wins. Sorry geek

You do know that "Superman wins!" is not an actual part of his power set, right? no

There's nothing that suggest he can.

Superman has greater feats and beats greater enemies.

Juntai
Runner did have Thanos helpless; Thanos couldnt physically reach him and couldnt blast him...

Tricking Runner into standing still long enough to get a fix on him with the Time Gem was the only option Thanos had left... Tell yourself what you need to, so long as you realize that were trying to pass off beating up a chair and getting owned as a 'dominating beating while toying with him' victory.

TheLordofMurder
He was being outsmarted the entire time, is what you're failing to realize.

He told him his only chance he had, involved his speed, but Thanos knew he was a braggart, so he bought time, and knew Runner would stop to brag when he thought he had victory, a scenario that Thanos force-fed to him, then called him an idiot.

Righted himself with his power. Proving he never needed the chair.

And owned him with the gem.

No, he wasnt being outsmarted the entire time; Thanos didnt even know where Runner was when Thanos teleported to his general location...

After being blitzed and after some dialog, Thanos attempts to blast Runner and is punished for the act...

Then Runner gives Thanos the option to talk or be beaten into grape jelly; Thanos choose to talk as that was the only way to get Runner to stand still long enough to get a fix on him with the Time Gem...

Thanos simply took advantage of the opportunity that presented itself to him...

TheLordofMurder
Tell yourself what you need to, so long as you realize that were trying to pass off beating up a chair and getting owned as a 'dominating beating while toying with him' victory.

Runner was toying with and dominating him; Runner was blitzing at will, smiling about it, and Thanos couldnt do anything to stop it...

Thanos couldnt effectively fight back and was just taking damage; trickery (and Runners arrogence) is the only thing that saved Thanos...

Juntai
Except none of that happened.
Thanos never took damage.

Thanos pretended to be helpless, as he demonstrating by righting himself and walking over to Runner, where he previously was pretending to be helpless and grasping to hold onto a piece of chair or standing on one for footing. He proved he didn't need it the whole time.

Thanos beat him without ever having to fight him.

Beating up an inanimate object, never hitting your opponent, talking shit and getting rekt is about the farthest thing from dominating victory as you can get.

TheLordofMurder
Except none of that happened.
Thanos never took damage.

Thanos pretended to be helpless, as he demonstrating by righting himself and walking over to Runner, where he previously was pretending to be helpless and grasping to hold onto a piece of chair or standing on one for footing. He proved he didn't need it the whole time.

Thanos beat him without ever having to fight him.

Beating up an inanimate object, never hitting your opponent, talking shit and getting rekt is about the farthest thing from dominating victory as you can get.

Oh, all of what I said happened; all of it...

Runners final attack against him damaged him...

And Thanos didnt get cocky until after having gotten a fix on him with the Time Gem...

Its easy to right yourself if you are not actively being attacked btw; especially when you and your opponent are standing still talking to each other for several minutes at the very least...

And Thanos did attempt to fight him, and was punished for the attempt...

Juntai

And Thanos didnt get cocky until after having gotten a fix on him with the Time Gem...

Its easy to right yourself if you are not actively being attacked btw; especially when you and your opponent are standing still talking to each other for several minutes at the very least...

And Thanos did attempt to fight him, and was punished for the attempt... no

TheLordofMurder

And Thanos did attempt to fight him, and was punished for the attempt...

thumb up

panthergod
There nothing shown that Runner has done beyond or matching Superman at peak mental state.

Mr Master
... Don't know how this Superman compares to let's say ... Surfer,

but Surfer was nearly killed by Runner, easily.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262088_R1.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262090_R2.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262093_R3.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262096_R4.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262098_R5.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262101_R6.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262103_R7.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262107_R8.jpg

If not for 'celestial madonna' Mantis, healing Surfer, he would've died.

JBL
Runner.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mr Master
... Don't know how this Superman compares to let's say ... Surfer,

but Surfer was nearly killed by Runner, easily.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262088_R1.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262090_R2.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262093_R3.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262096_R4.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262098_R5.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262101_R6.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262103_R7.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/24262107_R8.jpg

If not for 'celestial madonna' Mantis, healing Surfer, he would've died. OWAW Superman could one shot kill Surfer. He was basically one shotting Trans level beings. Also, that speaks of Runner's blasting power, not his combat speed, or durability.

Genii96
The disease is getting worse

carver9
Runner stomps.

Galan007

Otherwise, we'd have to take Reed's statements about million exploding suns at face value - or PM's statements about Hulk supporting a star at face value. Statements aside, this showing is, in all likelihood, one of the best testaments to the sheer heat Superman's HV can produce. As you know, Cold's tech generates absolute zero. Superman's HV matched it:
http://i.imgur.com/UlT3iiz.jpg
The opposite of absolute zero=Planck Temperature. Now, I'm not definitively saying that his HV produces Planck heat... It's just something to think about, is all.
srug

Anyway, OWAW Supes shredded through multiple Imperiex Probes like they were fodder:
http://i.imgur.com/XG0R7HHm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XHIzctrm.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ANkOBIum.jpg http://i.imgur.com/IKf2ke2m.jpg http://i.imgur.com/aFwyK5Ym.jpg

Couple that with his plethora of perception/reaction feats, and his chances against Runner are pretty good, imo.

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by Genii96
The disease is getting worse

Right? I was actually fond of Superman until this crap.

panthergod
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Right? I was actually fond of Superman until this crap.
No you weren't. Superman fans don't care how powerful he is, we just care that the facts of the comics are accurately portrayed.

burrrrrr
OWAW Superman could one shot kill Surfer. He was basically one shotting Trans level beings. Also, that speaks of Runner's blasting power, not his combat speed, or durability.

hysterical

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>