SoR Revan vs. FE Malgus (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: Naboo plains

Who wins this sabers only fight?

Sinious
Malgus.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan breaks the rules and beats Malgus down with the force.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan breaks the rules and beats Malgus down with the force.

carthage
Malgus

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If Vitiate is overlooking the fight, Revan wins.

EmperorSidious2
Malgus

NewGuy01
Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How so, Nubitch?

NewGuy01
Malgus is noob laemo

FreshestSlice
thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I forgot sas joined the maul >>>> Malgus movement

Nephthys
I was thinking of making this thread myself but a bump will suffice.

JKBart
Revan murderstomps, Malgus is Exar Kun tier at best.

Nephthys
I go Malgus myself, for pure sabers.

MythLord
Neither is overly impressive in raw or technical skill, but Revan's command of the Force would allow him to beat Malgus in a duel smile

Nephthys
Malgus defeated the top duelists of his time and was said to have flawless skill. 45 years from his prime he beat Kao Cen Darach, the Jedi Battlemaster who showed incredible saber ability in the fight. He was one of the best fighters in the order even before the Sith revealed themselves. Malgus is clearly a very impressive duelist.

He's got more solid and superior feats of skill than Revan does.

carthage
Originally posted by MythLord
Neither is overly impressive in raw or technical skill, but Revan's command of the Force would allow him to beat Malgus in a duel smile

Both of them are better than Bane in skill/feats tbh

NewGuy01
Once again, Revan's saber abilities are far too ambiguous to say with certainty that he's better than Malgus. He probably is, though.

Syndicate
Malgus.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Nephthys
I go Malgus myself, for pure sabers.

Zenwolf
Malgus defeated the top duelists of his time and was said to have flawless skill. 45 years from his prime he beat Kao Cen Darach, the Jedi Battlemaster who showed incredible saber ability in the fight. He was one of the best fighters in the order even before the Sith revealed themselves. Malgus is clearly a very impressive duelist.

Eh he didn't really beat Kao via way of out skilling him though, he more or less just bashed through the latter's defenses.

Though his strength along with his skill in his prime, should be enough here anyway.

SunRazer
Eh. Revan's more powerful in the Force and has more technical skill. Sounds like a win for him to me.

AncientPower
Malgus, clearly.

Selenial

> won't shut the **** up about Malgus facing a strike team
> uses quotes from a conversation where Malgus got solod

k

ILS
Originally posted by carthage
Both of them are better than Bane in skill/feats tbh http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/5207812-2279703178-Bane..PNG

carthage
Which means shit considering he's demonstrated nothing in the books that places him above Exar or any ancient Sith in skill/power

MythLord
And Vader has never demonstrated shit to suggest he's actually worth 4/5s of RotS/RotJ Sidious, or be better than Gethzerion in power, yet he is.
What's canon is canon. Do not reach with your feats.

carthage
I don't buy he is a 4/5th of Sidious's power and either Geth/Sidious have feats that place them above him in power. Bane's force feats while unamped aren't even Dooku tier. Whose the one reaching when none of the force feats (Drain, death field, essence transfer) he's never used without a nexus amp, and when his unamped force feats consist of throwing couches/breaking tents?

Bane is trash

MythLord
LOL, even his feats are better than Dooku's, tho. You're just over-blowing the nexus argument(which has been debunked how many times by now?).
And I don't care what you buy or don't buy, a third person source stating something is canon makes it canon.

Then again, you're probably not even being genuine and are just lowballing for the sake of lowballing. Debating with you is like yelling at a child that won't listen.

Petrus
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Once again, Revan's saber abilities are far too ambiguous to say with certainty that he's better than Malgus. He probably is, though.

I'm leaning towards this answer as well, tbh.

carthage
LOL, even his feats are better than Dooku's, tho. You're just over-blowing the nexus argument(which has been debunked how many times by now?).
And I don't care what you buy or don't buy, a third person source stating something is canon makes it canon.

Then again, you're probably not even being genuine and are just lowballing for the sake of lowballing. Debating with you is like yelling at a child that won't listen.

Only his lightning is better, he's never dominated any force user more powerful than Kenobi, has poor telekinetic feats like throwing couches/breaking tents, and he's never demonstrated his "masterful force techniques" without aid of a nexus like Prakith or Lehon. I don't care if you believe an unsubstantiated accolade or not, also lmao @lowballing citing his poor feats in the book and how they don't compare to greater force users isn't lowballing.

NewGuy01
LOL, even his feats are better than Dooku's, tho. You're just over-blowing the nexus argument(which has been debunked how many times by now?)

Not even once, actually. Although, if you want to compare nexus feats, Dooku's cruiser-tossing on Korriban is still more impressive than Bane shattering some ancient stone walls and supports on Lehon.

Canon, but still subject to interpretation.

Petrus
Exactly. The statement is not absolute. We're missing context, therefore it's open for interpretation and not infallible in terms of canon.

NewGuy01
We're not missing context; we have the other pages, they're just not being posted because reasons.

Petrus
We're not missing context; we have the other pages, they're just not being posted because reasons.

But we don't know if those other pages provide context or not. Or do we? And we are missing context, considering the statement isn't as conclusive or logical as it should be.

NewGuy01
Yeah, they describe Bane's rise to power through the Brotherhood, and note that he's surpassed the rest of the Sith.

MythLord
Not even once, actually.

Pretty sure they have. Bane with just one or two Orbalisk shells attatched to him felt a lot more power than ever before. That includes his Lehon amped self

Although, if you want to compare nexus feats, Dooku's cruiser-tossing on Korriban is still more impressive than Bane shattering some ancient stone walls and supports on Lehon.

Well the size of the cruisers is in question, plus Bane was injured and while Dooku was only 4 years from his prime, Bane was over two decades away. Plus Bane didn't just shatter stone, he completely collapsed a temple that was over 20 meters tall.

Canon, but still subject to interpretation.
Here there is no interpretation. The section which the quote appears under is Deadly Darth which makes note of Bane betraying the Brotherhood then growing vastly in knowledge from learning of older Sith like Nadd and Revan. This is obviously on a broader scope than just the Brotherhood.

Nephthys
As of SoR, the temple was way the **** bigger than 20 meters and it tanked turbolaser fire. Bane's feat is more impressive.

MythLord
Plus more than half the temple, and it's base are located underground. And Bane crushed/collapsed this as well. It's a tremendous feat, especially when we have confirmation that he grew a lot in power since then, to the point he surpassed his nexus-amped self.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.