book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
been reading something new i managed to find
pandora, by frank herbert and bill ransom..is it any good, if ya heard of it?
Frank herbert got my attention

yerssot
nope, didn't even knew mclaren boys could read stick out tongue

Tex
As in Pandoras Box?

PadmeSkywalker
what's it about>

Dexx
it sounds religious (even more than dune). it's a bout a 58 kms ship wich has procalaimed itself god. (surpassing all AI expectancy..immagine that) The main thing the humans have to do is decide HOW to worship her. Pandora is a planet created by the ship..with all sorts of creatures...sounds nice.
WAY nicer than the last asimov i've read.....i only like him for his hyperspace theories.

Captain REX
That sounds really odd. Does the ship say "I'm sorry Dave..."

Dexx
no..but the ship seems to know everything and is unusually smart!
Besides..the planet it created is filled with monsters you wouldn't normally think about.

Captain REX
Do they end up nuking the ship? If not, I'm not reading it... stick out tongue

j/k, sounds interesting.

GordonSkywalker
Heard the name before but don't know anything more.

Captain REX
Hey GS, you're a poet and you didn't even know it. big grin

Dexx
no..they don't nume it. It plays the role of god in the book. Instead..the ship just leaves them on the planet

Colony
Just finished reading A Farewell To Arms, brilliant read. Going to move onto A Clockwork Orange or Catch 22 tonight.

Dexx
yeah..i hear catch 22 is good.
I've found the biography of morihei ueshiba today, the founder of aikido. It's great to read about his life.....interesting things

mechmoggy
I'm reading Great Expectations at the moment, its quite funny in places.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.