How powerful will Supreme Leader Snoke be in canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
http://overmental.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/darth-vader-s-revival-who-is-the-grave-robber-in-star-wars-7-alas-poor-vader-488353.jpg

He's probably the one character they've been able to keep somewhat under wraps. Based on rumors or you're own grounded thoughts, how powerful do you think the new baddie will be in canon? Where would you place him based on the little info we have?

The_Tempest
Is that a real image of him?

carthage
It was leaked sometime ago, Its supposedly of him.

The_Tempest
I doubt it. They'd use prosthetics for that minor of facial alterations.

Vixas

|King Joker|
I wonder why the Knights of Ren and Snoke have such a raging boner for Vader.

NewGuy01
I'd assume he will be more powerful than Darth Vader.

ares834
That's not Snoke. It's a piece of early concept art of Kylo.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
That's not Snoke. It's a piece of early concept art of Kylo.

Emperordmb
Not as powerful as his Legends incarnation tbh

NewGuy01
inb4 ur wrong and that was actually Snoakey

psmith81992
Supreme Leader Snoke sounds like something stupid from Harry Potter.

Tzeentch
That's not Snoke. It's a piece of early concept art of Kylo. thumb up

Originally posted by psmith81992
Supreme Leader Snoke sounds like something stupid from Harry Potter. Stop being old, nigga.

The Merchant
Strong as Vader.

quanchi112
More powerful than Palpatine for sure. wink

playa1258
More powerful than Palpatine with darkside amulets to boost his power even more.

quanchi112
It is clear Palpatine will look inferior.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, agreed. In both Legends and Canon, Palpatine will be forced to #2.

quanchi112
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, agreed. In both Legends and Canon, Palpatine will be forced to #2. I bet his fans can't sleep at night.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Like The_Tempest.

Deronn_solo
Vader level.

playa1258
Snoke will be a credible threat to Luke.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Vader level. Do you feel Vader was more powerful or less powerful than Sidious ?

Darth Abonis
I'm going to say as powerful as Palpatine but possibly not as skilled with a lightsaber.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
I'm going to say as powerful as Palpatine but possibly not as skilled with a lightsaber. Palpatine lost to Windu and was disarmed by Yoda. With a lightsaber he wasn't at the top of the food chain by any stretch of the imagination. Snoke should be >>Sheev across the board.

Kosmos Supreme
He'll probably start out below Palpatine, but probably get some power ups later on putting him at least Palpatine level or above.

Darth Thor
Given Kylo worshiped Vader, not Snoke, I doubt Snoke is Vader level. Nothing shameful about that though.

Sinious
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Given Kylo worshiped Vader, not Snoke, I doubt Snoke is Vader level. Nothing shameful about that though. Except Vader was a more badass icon, his grandfather, and someone who is dead so Kylo has no idea how powerful he actually was. I doubt that means that Snoke is below Vader (not that I wouldn't be happy af if I found out Vader > Snoke).

Total Warrior
Around RotS Sidious level I guess

quanchi112
Given Kylo worshiped Vader, not Snoke, I doubt Snoke is Vader level. Nothing shameful about that though. This is a completely irrelevant point and has no direct connection to Snoke's power level. laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sinious
Except Vader was a more badass icon, his grandfather, and someone who is dead so Kylo has no idea how powerful he actually was. I doubt that means that Snoke is below Vader (not that I wouldn't be happy af if I found out Vader > Snoke).

I'm sure Luke would have told his nephew how powerful Vader was.

Would just seem strange to me for a darksider to worship a less powerful darksider instead of his current Master, if his current Master really was more powerful in the dark side.

quanchi112

Would just seem strange to me for a darksider to worship a less powerful darksider instead of his current Master, if his current Master really was more powerful in the dark side. He was his family and probably sees similarities in him unlike with Snoke who is clearly the master to his apprentice. Vader was always the apprentice.

Sinious

Would just seem strange to me for a darksider to worship a less powerful darksider instead of his current Master, if his current Master really was more powerful in the dark side. then why isn't Kylo just worshipping the Emperor? Clearly, he was even more powerful and I'm sure Luke told him about the Emperor as well.

It's his grandfather and a symbolic figure that successfully dominated the galaxy with the dark side once.. Clearly Kylo isn't intrigued by random power there.

Darth Thor
then why isn't Kylo just worshipping the Emperor? Clearly, he was even more powerful and I'm sure Luke told him about the Emperor as well.

It's his grandfather and a symbolic figure that successfully dominated the galaxy with the dark side once.. Clearly Kylo isn't intrigued by random power there.

The Emperor isn't alive and has no connection to Kylo.

However if the Emperor was alive and Kylo his apprentice, then it would be strange for him to worship Vader IMO.

Snoke isn't exactly a random. He's the guy who seduced Kylo to the dark side, and his current Master.

Sinious
The Emperor isn't alive and has no connection to Kylo.

However if the Emperor was alive and Kylo his apprentice, then it would be strange for him to worship Vader IMO.

Snoke isn't exactly a random. He's the guy who seduced Kylo to the dark side, and his current Master. Yet, he was the master of Vader. If Kylo was randomly after powerful dark side figures in near history, I'm sure he'd wank Sidious more than Vader.

Probably cause he'd be worshipping the guy he replaced as Sidious' servant.

I didn't say Snoke is random. I meant that Kylo's interest in Vader hardly appears to be caused by Vader's superior force powers to Snoke. Snoke probably used Vader to secure Ben in the first place.

Darth Thor
Yet, he was the master of Vader. If Kylo was randomly after powerful dark side figures in near history, I'm sure he'd wank Sidious more than Vader.

Who said anything about random though?

Neither Vader nor Snoke are randoms to him. But I would see no reason for him o worship Vader over Snoke if Snoke was clearly more powerful.

Remember "you're afraid you'll never be as Powerful as Darth Vader". Why wasn't he afraid he'd never be as powerful as Snoke?

Bear in mind I'm obviously just speculating here. I'm just saying it wouldn't make sense to me if that were the case.

Nephthys
Originally posted by wm0403
Snoke is a smaller, crappier version of Palpatine.

O RLY

Col. Valerian
A lot of people won't like it, but he'll be at least powerful enough to be a threat to Luke. Then again, we don't really know how powerful canon Luke is after RotJ, so. Imo, he's gonna be at least > Vader.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by wm0403
Snoke isn't going to be Palpatine level. Everything about TFA is a weaker copy of ANH. The First Order is a smaller, crappier version of the Empire. Ren is a smaller, crappier version of Vade. Snoke is a smaller, crappier version of Palpatine. I don't think they'd put him anywhere near Palpatine in terms of force power, or intelligence/political machinations. And that's assuming he's not a force ghost (someone's theory).

Starkiller base is a - oh...

I don't see how he can be a credible counterpart to Luke if he's sub-Vader or Palpatine level.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by The Ellimist

I don't see how he can be a credible counterpart to Luke if he's sub-Vader or Palpatine level.

With a massively superior army perhaps.

Sinious

Neither Vader nor Snoke are randoms to him. But I would see no reason for him o worship Vader over Snoke if Snoke was clearly more powerful.

Remember "you're afraid you'll never be as Powerful as Darth Vader". Why wasn't he afraid he'd never be as powerful as Snoke?

Bear in mind I'm obviously just speculating here. I'm just saying it wouldn't make sense to me if that were the case. Sure you're speculating but just by looking at the movie one could say that Snoke is alive and is the master of Ren who commands and trains him, where Vader is a strong memory and a symbol of DS dominating the galaxy who happens to be his grandfather and also a Jedi who also turned to the dark side. I mean, it doesn't take a genius to understand why Vader is so important to Kylo and why he compares himself to Vader so much. All I'm saying is that clearly there is a lot more than just power involved here which kinda eliminates your original argument.

Again, would rather have Vader > Snoke myself, but not through this reasoning.

The Ellimist
With a massively superior army perhaps.

Yeah, but there's gotta be some room for dramatic one v one confrontations.

Syndicate
Except you're all assuming Luke in canon is some demigod like he was in Legends.

quanchi112

Bear in mind I'm obviously just speculating here. I'm just saying it wouldn't make sense to me if that were the case. Because he doesn't emulate Snoke like he does Vader. It's plain as day why he worships Vader to everyone except your sensitive brain which never liked Snoke from before the movie.

Zenwolf

Snoke could have unique abilities, he doesn't nessecarily have to be powerful to pose a direct challenge. Interesting abilities could do that too.

SunRazer
He'll probably have unique powers but also be fairly (or monstrously) powerful in his own right.

Kurk
Plagueis because he is him

Darth Thor

Remember though Snoke seems scared of Luke. Despite having the whole First Order at his command, and having destroyed the main system of the Republic.

SunRazer
In fairness, Snoke has a chance of growing in power over the course of the trilogy too.

Darth Thor
^ That's true.

The Ellimist
Remember though Snoke seems scared of Luke. Despite having the whole First Order at his command, and having destroyed the main system of the Republic.

Luke is probably > Palpatine at this point. And you don't have to be weaker than someone to see them as a threat, so their comparative power levels isn't very clear at this moment.

Darth Thor
^ Of course nothing is clear. We're just speculating.

I'm just getting from Disney's glorifying of Vader, that he was a total dark side powerhouse, 2nd only to Palpatine himself.

And so Snoke being a very powerful darksider doesn't have to in any way, shape or form make him Vader's equal. I mean heck, Maul's a very powerful dark sider, and has outright admitted he's no match for Vader, after decades of practice in the dark side.

quanchi112
Remember though Snoke seems scared of Luke. Despite having the whole First Order at his command, and having destroyed the main system of the Republic. Palpatine wanted him dead at first as well and then changed his plans when he believed he could be turned into an ally. You really are a putz.

red8
DE Sidious level.
Calling it now.
Except the heroes and Kylo Ren stop him before he gains all of his power.

The Ellimist
Is it ever actually stated that Snoke fears Luke? IIRC the novel makes it clear that he's obsessed with preventing the Resistance from finding him/doesn't want him to join the fight, but that may reflect a pragmatic consideration of Luke's abilities, not necessarily fear. Palpatine is also obsessed with hunting down the Jedi, even though none of them are as powerful as he is.

Darth Thor
^ That's exactly what proves he fears Luke. Because he's content with Luke just staying in hiding. As long as he's away from Snoke.

But tbf to Snoke, even Vader would fear TFA Luke. Whether or not Snoke is on Vader's level though remains to be seen.

Syndicate
I still say composite Dooku level.

Darth Thor
^ Dooku level? Whoaa that would make him really powerful.

Emperordmb
If he's Dooku level or below that would honestly surprise me.

The Ellimist
He's apparently so powerful that Palpatine sensed his power from the unknown regions and sent out entire expedition teams to try to pin down whatever dark side energies he was feeling.

Emperordmb
Quote?

Trocity
Yeah, I'd never heard that.

If that's true, he's very powerful.

ares834

The Ellimist
^ it's almost certainly the case, given that the post-Endor Empire sent out ships to the unknown regions to check up on those colonies, and then conveniently returned with Snoke.

Granted, perhaps Snoke isn't the source itself and just gained his power from it.

ares834

Darth Thor
I don't remember any of that in Aftermath. Which part are we talking about? When Wedge is getting tortured by that guy whose going on about Sith draining life energy?

ares834

Prof. T.C McAbe
Someone claims he read the script for Ep. 8, you can find it online Snoke is supposed to be Palpatine who survived his fall, barely. Rey is Lukes daughter and together they fight Palpatine and Kylo at the end, Luke wounds Snoke who flees and Kylo and his knights are defeated by the Jedi, where Kylo tells Rey that they are cousins, after which she runs from Luke and trains later with the ghosts of Obi-Wan and Yoda. Interesting, Del Torro is a new Sith at the side of Snoke.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Someone claims he read the script for Ep. 8, you can find it online Snoke is supposed to be Palpatine who survived his fall, barely. Rey is Lukes daughter and together they fight Palpatine and Kylo at the end, Luke wounds Snoke who flees and Kylo and his knights are defeated by the Jedi, where Kylo tells Rey that they are cousins, after which she runs from Luke and trains later with the ghosts of Obi-Wan and Yoda. Interesting, Del Torro is a new Sith at the side of Snoke.

Supershadow Reborn?

ares834

https://media.giphy.com/media/dC9DTdqPmRnlS/giphy.gif

Prof. T.C McAbe

I said claims ^^.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3751013

Personally I would think this to be a very good story if true.

|King Joker|
Someone claims he read the script for Ep. 8, you can find it online Snoke is supposed to be Palpatine who survived his fall, barely. Rey is Lukes daughter and together they fight Palpatine and Kylo at the end, Luke wounds Snoke who flees and Kylo and his knights are defeated by the Jedi, where Kylo tells Rey that they are cousins, after which she runs from Luke and trains later with the ghosts of Obi-Wan and Yoda. Interesting, Del Torro is a new Sith at the side of Snoke. Originally posted by ares834

Trocity
I read the entire thing with horrified fascination. Thank god it's fake.

Emperordmb
No Star Wars leak in the past 2 years has ever been ****ing good. They've all been cancerous as shit.
>Revan is reborn... Again
>Revan is Gollum
>Vitiate goes full Nihilus
>SW 7 starts with Luke's ****ing hand landing on Tatooine (thank god that turned out to be fake)
>Vos moves faster than Dooku, disarms him, and slams Dooku's head into the ground
>Yet another even bigger threat pops up in SWTOR (Zakuul)
>Marr dies
>Godlander shit
>Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin (thank God this is almost certainly fake too)
>Snoke is Sheev (thank God this is probably fake too)

It's like, can't we for once get a SW leak that isn't compete cancer?

I'm just ****ing happy that if all the leaks are cancerous all of the ones regarding the movies have been bullshit

NewGuy01
Now Snoke is going to be Ezra.

Emperordmb
You see I'd actually give Disney props if they had the balls to do that.

Darth Thor
Looks more like Grand Inquisitor, who I really liked in Rebels.

In any case I doubt they would link up Rebels to the films in such a major way.

|King Joker|
That dead pleb isn't Snoke.

Darth Thor
You're right. He's too good for Snoke.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Now Snoke is going to be Ezra.

Trocity
INB4 Snoke is Vader who essence transferred into Palpatine ( who survived the reactor shaft ) and beat him in a battle of wills.

quanchi112
You're right. He's too good for Snoke. Your goofy ass would hate the badass that is Snoke.

ares834

Trocity
Jesus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.