Saba Sebatyne/Kyle Katarn vs. Savage Opress/Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Battle takes place on neutral ground

carthage
Up

Deronn_solo
Kyle kills anyone on team two, but Saba dies to anyone on team 2.

Go figure.

carthage
Ventress vs. Saba can go either way IMO

ILS
Saba's claws are too difficult to cope with

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ILS doesn't share the same notions of the NJO that his cohorts do. Gewd smilesmilesmile

Q99
I go with team 1. Kyle's the strongest one here, Saba's known to be able to take a lot and keep on coming, so bare minimum she'll be able to hold out for a long time (though I think she has a good shot against Asajj), so Kyle's victory will translate to overall victory.

DarthBeanzz
Team 1 stomps. What is this bs about Saba not being able to contend with Ventress? The vicious lizard lady who literally bit off an Abeloth avatar's head is suddenly incapable of beating a run-of-the-mill Sith wannabe?

Q99
Originally posted by DarthBeanzz
Team 1 stomps. What is this bs about Saba not being able to contend with Ventress? The vicious lizard lady who literally bit off an Abeloth avatar's head is suddenly incapable of beating a run-of-the-mill Sith wannabe?

Ventress is a lot more than run-of-the-mill, she did contend with Kenobi and Anakin, often (though considering her performance against them, did oddly not-well with Savage. A strength type like Saba may not be good for her).

Deronn_solo
Team 1 stomps.

Nah. They do win though, mainly because Katarn.

What is this bs about Saba not being able to contend with Ventress?

What's this about you not being able to read? No one said Saba can't contend with Ventress, LAWL.

Originally posted by DarthBeanzz The vicious lizard lady who literally bit off an Abeloth avatar's head is suddenly incapable of beating a run-of-the-mill Sith wannabe?

You just gave me AIDS, dude. T-Cells count totally dropped below 150.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
DC, do you want AIDS?

Deronn_solo
Yes, it's my preferred choice to go, tbh.

Vorpal Ruin
Team 1 wins handily. Not easily, but handily.

Fated Xtasy
*nopes Out of the thread*

http://37.media.tumblr.com/ab4aa20a6ed87f3c8767589a2b1be199/tumblr_mpaauu1Y9Q1rskj3to1_250.gif

*sees DC defending Kyle*

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/sig-3936456.41496-joker-well-hello-beautiful-gif-yE8U.gif

Aurbere
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
https://mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/sig-3936456.41496-joker-well-hello-beautiful-gif-yE8U.gif

Well hello wink

I'm sorry. It was posted by you so I just instinctively thought you were addressing me.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Aurbere
Well hello wink

I'm sorry. It was posted by you so I just instinctively thought you were addressing me.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/3d90e924afe373340fc08648419955ec/tumblr_nkfaamCQC71ts7fm7o4_500.gif

Aurbere
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
http://33.media.tumblr.com/3d90e924afe373340fc08648419955ec/tumblr_nkfaamCQC71ts7fm7o4_500.gif

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss351/EikoChiba/tumblr_lm8l9rUkYH1qg0aito1_500.gif

FreshestSlice
Stop ruining FMA for me, you bitches.

Aurbere
Hush. Winry x Ed is great.

FreshestSlice
Where as Fated x Aurbere is an abomination that needs to keep FMA out of its problems.

Aurbere
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Where as Fated x Aurbere is an abomination that needs to keep FMA out of its problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

DarthBeanzz
Originally posted by Q99
Ventress is a lot more than run-of-the-mill, she did contend with Kenobi and Anakin, often (though considering her performance against them, did oddly not-well with Savage. A strength type like Saba may not be good for her).

Exactly: run of the mill. How often did she ever actually have the upper hand against them? How often did she ever have the upper hand against anyone? Her track record is pretty abysmal. She had exactly one notable win against Fisto. Every other fight she's been in has either been inconclusive or a loss. And those losses come when Force powers start being thrown around. In swordsmanship, she can hold her own but against a true master of the Force she has nothing. Both Saba and Kyle are much more viable combative Force users than Ventress. Either one of them could ragdoll her.

Deronn_solo
Katarn or Saba isn't ragdolling Ventress.

Salebatyne has no feats to suggest she could, and Kyle doesn't either, unless you want to argue his defeat of Desann, and using Force Light to cut an amped Jerec off from the Force via Force Light - is indicative of his overall power, which is not something I'm totally comfy with arguing.

|King Joker|
How often did she ever have the upper hand against anyone? Her track record is pretty abysmal. She had exactly one notable win against Fisto. Every other fight she's been in has either been inconclusive or a loss. Luminara... Grievous...?

Nephthys
Saba is stronger than Kyle most likely. Jacen says he could deal with her only with difficulty. A wounded Jacen could beat Katarn pretty easily.

carthage
Saba blew open a durasteel door with enough impact to crumble down the building that supported it on a darkside nexus. I can't remember anything by Ventress that comes close.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Nephthys
Saba is stronger than Kyle most likely. Jacen says he could deal with her only with difficulty. A wounded Jacen could beat Katarn pretty easily.

Given in the same fight Jacen "easily" beat Kyle, he percieved Katarn as a threat, his word on Saba's skill can't actually be taken at face-value.

EmperorSidious2
Team 1

Q99
Kyle was able to defend himself while defending other Jedi, and even so it'd have take Caedus time to get through his guard even fighting seriously, I wouldn't call that 'easily.' Without the speeder or the other Jedi, it'd be harder.

Kyle is a foe Caedus had to take seriously, and Caedus was accurate in that.

How many run-of-the-mill people do you think can hold their own in extended fights with Kenobi and Skywalker at *all*....?

Because she's going up against some of the strongest Jedi in the galaxy consistently.

When she doesn't, she does fine. Beat K'Kruhk, a master respected for his strength and skill but not Council level. Master Darrus Jeht got her sabers in his chest every time they fought. Yadda yadda.

carthage
No it wouldnt've taken him time he deflected his blows casually, and would've cut him in half were it not for one of the Jedi.

Kyle isn't even close to Caedus in skill

Emperordmb
Team one. Kyle's the MVP, and Saba's good enough for that to net them the win.

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
No it wouldnt've taken him time he deflected his blows casually, and would've cut him in half were it not for one of the Jedi.

Kyle isn't even close to Caedus in skill

Didn't the book itself specifically say it'd take something like another 20 seconds of dueling to win?

And sure, there was an opportunity he had against Kyle another Jedi helped with, but at the same time Kyle had to waste movement defending other Jedi too.

Caedus is without a doubt better, but being notably better isn't the same as the other person not being a threat.

A threat, again, doesn't have to be in a one-on-one context. With Jedi like Kyle around- and Corran, and Saba-, then Caedus could potentially face a strike team of Jedi who, while individually weaker, would be capable of standing uncomfortably high odds against him, because the more Jedi of that level around in a fight the harder it is to take out any of them quickly (view how Savage went from 'capable of lasting awhile alongside Maul' to 'down in five seconds while being toyed with').

Caedus had reason to notice and acknowledge Kyle as a danger to be eliminated, even if he had a significant one-on-one advantage.

Raptor22
Team one. Sabas the strongest on the field, and her battle melding with kyle tips it in their favor.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Raptor22
Team one. Sabas the strongest on the field, and her battle melding with kyle tips it in their favor.

Saba is physically stronger or stronger in the force? I'd agree with physically stronger, but maybe not stronger than Kyle in the force. They would be pretty even.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Saba is physically stronger or stronger in the force? I'd agree with physically stronger, but maybe not stronger than Kyle in the force. They would be pretty even. I meant she's the strongest overall combatant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.