Raskta Lsu vs. 10 Inquisitors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Setting: Where the Inquisitor fought Kanan for the last time.

Who wins?

Q99
Hm... even someone way stronger who'd cut down one or two fairly easy will have trouble with 10.... gotta think about this one. It's not remotely easy one way or another.

Zenwolf
Canon or Legend Inquisitors?

Deronn_solo
Lsu gets dogpiled.

FreshestSlice
They would just all overwhelm her with the Force.

McP
Inquisitors stomps, lol

carthage
Originally posted by McP
Inquisitors stomps, lol

Q99
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Possibly, though that's pretty hard once she's in melee.

FreshestSlice
There's ten of them and she has next to no Force defence.

Q99
There's ten of them and she has next to no Force defence.

She has 'get out of the way,' and yes, there's ten of them- meaning if she gets among them, it may be hard to target only her. They'll get in each other's way, is my point.

Also, as a group, they pretty much can't use the double-bladed or spin features of the Inquisitor saber, at least not if they're fighting more than two at once. Not enough room.

Raskta is from the Sith War, where fighting groups of low-level force users is probably the bulk of what she did. Let me remind you that she has an obscene kill count- some compare it to the number of sith casualties from the Thought Bomb.

Granted, very large numbers of those would be weaker than the Inquisitor, even a good deal weaker, but still.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Q99
Raskta is from the Sith War, where fighting groups of low-level force users is probably the bulk of what she did. Let me remind you that she has an obscene kill count- some compare it to the number of sith casualties from the Thought Bomb. Yup. Even Raskta's inferior in martial combat, Lord Hoth, was plowing through a horde of Sith and soldiers while they tried to swarm him. I wouldn't be surprised if Raskta's done similar or greater things.

carthage
-

Zenwolf
Eh...weren't the Sith Infantry described more or less as fodder in the novels? To just be sent to die?...Mowing through a horde, doesn't really sound impressive.

SIDIOUS 66
Savage's chances of taking 20 magnaguards are far greater than Raskta taking 10 inquisitors, who, unlike the guards, have offensive force powers.

Season 1 inquisitor had a good understanding of perhaps every saber form. His TK is more refined than Kanan's, with rivaling raw power. I mean, his position is hunting surviving jedi from an order of very high quality. And his frustration at failing to subdue Kanan with TP likely indicates that he's good at it and has done so to other surviving jedi. Physical strength-wise, he's proved to be Kanan's superior on a number of occasions--Kanan being able to deflect fire power from ties without losing his saber. From what I've seen, he's a pretty advanced warrior. I'm sure one of the new source books has good stuff on him.

He's no Plo, Ventress or Obi Wan (according to Filoni, he's not council material), but he probably rivals low level masters, since I think it's implied Kanan reached that level by the end of season 1 (though I might be wrong).

Q99
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Eh...weren't the Sith Infantry described more or less as fodder in the novels? To just be sent to die?...Mowing through a horde, doesn't really sound impressive.

We're still talking force sensitives with some training and lightsaber.

And we're talking a kill count in the hundreds if not over a thousand.

Point is, groups of enemies are something she's done, probably in notably greater number than 10 to 1.

Granted, the Inquisitor is better trained than those, and I can see an argument for 10 being simply too much, but she's going to inflict some real casualties.

There'd been other cases where badass individuals have killed groups of properly trained force users. Antares Draco turned 7 trained sith guards into a pile of bodies, though he was exhausted in the process and fell right after. I'd put Raskta above Draco... mmm, though 10 is better than 7 and the Inquisitor would have more surprises....

Kanan's a padawan who's gotten back into practice. Knight level, yes, but not Master level.

My impression is a council member would flat steamroll him, and he shouldn't be sent against masters unless they're the type promoted for diplomacy, wisdom, or something other than combat power. I do think there's plenty of Knights that could beat him 1 on 1.

ares834

thumb up

|King Joker|
Eh, a large percentage of Lsu's kill-count were Sith Lords, so they may have been more powerful than your average Imperial Inquisitor...

carthage
Raskta has no feats to suggest she can beat multiple duelists with comparable knowledge of Lightsaber forms, her only feats are blatant hyperbole

McP
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Eh, a large percentage of Lsu's kill-count were Sith Lords, so they may have been more powerful than your average Imperial Inquisitor...

Mmm that era is full of featless shit lords without proper training. They were probably even worse then low level Reborns from JKO/JA XD

Q99
Originally posted by carthage
Raskta has no feats to suggest she can beat multiple duelists with comparable knowledge of Lightsaber forms, her only feats are blatant hyperbole

Even if the numbers are an exaggeration, there's still no question that she's killed a gigantic pile of Sith lords, and her performance in her on-screen duel was itself very impressive.

Note that Farfalla is a renowned master known for his elegant, graceful, and clean movements while dueling, and even he was considered just a load next to Raskta. Being precise and having good form is good, but has limits.

Note that like Kanan when he won, she wields two lightsabers. And she was known to switch between styles, which is likely to catch the analytical Inquisitor off-guard- he may recognize what she's using, but not what she switches to in a second because she realizes he's beginning to expect X or Y style.

I mean, arguments are making me lean towards Inquisitor victory more, but he's a well-knowledged but relatively minor talent, while she's the most naturally talented and experienced swordbeing in an era when everyone was killing each other with swords, and even her answer to foes-with-force-offense was 'more dueling skill.'

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Q99
Kanan's a padawan who's gotten back into practice. Knight level, yes, but not Master level.

My impression is a council member would flat steamroll him, and he shouldn't be sent against masters unless they're the type promoted for diplomacy, wisdom, or something other than combat power. I do think there's plenty of Knights that could beat him 1 on 1.

I've not read those tie-in Kanan books, but since when does a padawan take in his own padawan? Again, from what I've seen, Kanan as of the beginning of season 1 is a jedi knight, taking on and training his own apprentice, being able to mind control multiple wild beasts, and pretty good showings of TK: stopping a fast rotating massive fan, manipulating a large cave and preventing it from crashing down on him and Ezra (though he did do it with Ezra's help, but he seemed to maintain it on his own while Ezra faced his fears; also, it might have been strong with the force, being an old jedi temple but it wasn't stated, so?), repulsed multiple storm troopers, and perhaps a lot more. He's improved significantly since then based on his victory over the inquisitor by the end of the season.

Joker, considering the inquisitors skills and knowledge of saber forms, his occupation hunting and killing jedi for a living, and even his feat of torturing Kanan with TP, I don't see why he wouldn't rival the average sith lord of Raskta's era? He seems like a pretty advanced force user. Ventress is no doubt above most of them, yet she doesn't hold the title, but those sith lords wouldn't hold that title in the PT/OT era either. Not arguing that he can beat her, but she gets slaughtered by 10 and even far less than that. I don't really think having "lords" under her belt would mean much, considering the quality of sith in that era.

|King Joker|
Raskta is somewhat hard to gauge because of her limited exposure, and the fact we don't know any of the specific Sith Lords she faced off with. But since Raskta's era was heavily embroiled in war, I think it's fair to assume that the Sith she fought were experienced fighting Jedi just like the Inquisitor. Even if the Sith of that time weren't that great in the grand scheme of things, they should've been fairly competent to earn the rank of Sith Lord (who were the counterparts of Jedi Masters during that time). At the very least they should rival the Inquisitor, but like the Inquisitor, we don't know much about their experience fighting Jedi.

Also, I was under the assumption that this thread was Lsu fighting 10 Imperial Inquisitors, the Inquisitors we see in Rebels. The Pau'an Inquisitor's feats don't translate to the rest of the Inquisition that Raskta would be fighting in this hypothetical.

Just to note, that the Inquisitor was actually the Grand Inquisitor, so he may have been the most powerful and skilled among them.

I'm also going to throw this out there: "In relying on such a mechanical lightsaber model, the Inquisitor betrays one weakness: his fighting skills are not as potent as his analytical skills." - Ultimate Star Wars

Q99
Raskta is somewhat hard to gauge because of her limited exposure, and the fact we don't know any of the specific Sith Lords she faced off with.

Well, except for Bane, of course.

Oh, he was? I didn't realize that.

When there's literally no-one else available.

Kanan, once he's back into shape, may be Knight level, but he's never been formally given the title, and note how one of the things he did was try and search out a more qualified master, til Erza beat it into his head that he wanted Kanan, not someone else.

He's a Padawan who's worked his way up to Knight level, in short.

They definitely wouldn't hold the title of Sith Lord during the Rule of Two era... but taking groups around 10 of the Brotherhood Sith Lords is probably not something she hasn't done on occasion.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Q99
Well, except for Bane, of course.

Oh, he was? I didn't realize that. Yeah, I was referring to the Sith she killed on her campaigns.

It was confirmed on the SWR S1 blu-ray disk, IIRC.

Nephthys
I'd give it 50/50 odds of her winning.

Even if the Inquisitor's start tossing her around with TK, I'm not convinced they can beat her with just that.

Q99
Yeah, I was referring to the Sith she killed on her campaigns.

It was confirmed on the SWR S1 blu-ray disk, IIRC.

If he's the best, it rather fits with the EU version that also has most Inquisitors be basically 'trip wires,' who either kill weak Jedi or alert Vader to strong ones with their deaths.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.