Quinlan Vos DD vs ROTJ Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redpill
Quinlan Vos vs ROTJ Luke - i say Vos wins bc mad mad mad > laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Darth Thor
Luke wins.

carthage
Vos with morals loses

redpill
Vos has more feats than ESB and ROTJ Luke more lightsaber combat training full jedi training jedi master vs padawan

EmperorSidious2
Vos during his exact fight with Dooku wins.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Vos during his exact fight with Dooku stomps.

*fixed

redpill
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Luke wins. how so? he cant even dodge force lightening like vos can

Deronn_solo
Luke.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by redpill
how so? he cant even dodge force lightening like vos can

Well, it did come from Sidious.

EmperorSidious2
Luke is good, but he would be more of the tier of savage and Ventress approaching TPM if not TPM maul. He isn't that good yet.

quanchi112
Originally posted by redpill
how so? he cant even dodge force lightening like vos can Luke wasn't even fighting back and tossed his saber aside. Context.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins this fight, Quan? The slow Luke or the Vos who smacked Dooku to the ground?

quanchi112
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins this fight, Quan? The slow Luke or the Vos who smacked Dooku to the ground? I did not read the book so I can't rightly say. I will say I doubt this guy could beat Luke from what I know of Luke. Beating Dooku isn't the end all be all. Dooku isn't that high up on the totem pole.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Compared to ROTJ Luke, though?

quanchi112
Compared to ROTJ Luke, though? I feel Luke would kick the shit out of Dooku. Vader would wipe his ass with him in that suit as well.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hardcore Dooku hater here

quanchi112
Hardcore Dooku hater here Nah. It just is what it is. Dooku can't match the skywalkers with competent training.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'd thought you believed Vader a clunky and slow swordsman, unable to defeat someone who's kept up with much faster opponents?

EmperorSidious2
Again Quan is stupid and ignorant. He says Dooku isn't that's high up on the totem pole, he can compete with almost any duelist of his time.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah. It just is what it is. Dooku can't match the skywalkers with competent training.

Dooku would own ROTJ Luke. Luke takes physicality although he is completely outclassed in Force and Sabers.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ES2, don't get so angry. Let the man speak up and give his opinion.

EmperorSidious2
ES2, don't get so angry. Let the man speak up and give his opinion.

If only the "man" actually had a good opinion to say.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What even is a "good" opinion, friend?

EmperorSidious2
What even is a "good" opinion, friend?

What you post. smile This guy is a massive troll. He is possibly the dumbest person of all KMC. He puts Nepth, Legend, all of them to utter shame in trolling and such activities.

A good opinion is something well backed up, with actual plausible evidence. His aren't backed. He uses one time instances that have completely different circumstances than what the topic at hand is. For example, he says Yoda was attacked by Sidious even though he had time to evade. Ok I can role with that. However he uses that as saying Yoda will never move out of the way to suit his own agenda.

quanchi112
What you post. smile This guy is a massive troll. He is possibly the dumbest person of all KMC. He puts Nepth, Legend, all of them to utter shame in trolling and such activities.

A good opinion is something well backed up, with actual plausible evidence. His aren't backed. He uses one time instances that have completely different circumstances than what the topic at hand is. For example, he says Yoda was attacked by Sidious even though he had time to evade. Ok I can role with that. However he uses that as saying Yoda will never move out of the way to suit his own agenda. Irony. Control your anger, boy.

quanchi112
I'd thought you believed Vader a clunky and slow swordsman, unable to defeat someone who's kept up with much faster opponents? He defeated Luke in esb so it isn't a he can't defeat anyone who is faster but it's a real disadvantage but not one Dooku can use to win. Dooku is slower himself and not as quick as Luke or as powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Dooku would own ROTJ Luke. Luke takes physicality although he is completely outclassed in Force and Sabers. No, he couldn't. How is he outclassed in sabers ? He crushed Vader. Anakin crushed Dooku. Anakin is the same guy but with less mobility in the suit and less force power.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He defeated Luke in esb so it isn't a he can't defeat anyone who is faster but it's a real disadvantage but not one Dooku can use to win. Dooku is slower himself and not as quick as Luke or as powerful.

Interesting. Just picking your brain, here.

quanchi112
Interesting. Just picking your brain, here. Es also misrepresented my stances. he is compromised by emotion which is plain for all to see.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I You truly am are Genghis Khan, bating you him out in the open to get slaughtered.

quanchi112
His fear might keep him away from the confirmed Jedi killer.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Proof that Genghis Khan fought Jedi

quanchi112
Proof that Genghis Khan fought Jedi Not Genghis but Khan Noonien Singh the Jedi killer.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Khan has the renowned feat of slaughtering black hole-collapsing Luke Skywalker, Galaxy consumption Vitiate, and Destroy-fleets-by-getting-mad Sheev. thumb up

quanchi112
Khan has the renowned feat of slaughtering black hole-collapsing Luke Skywalker, Galaxy consumption Vitiate, and Destroy-fleets-by-getting-mad Sheev. thumb up No one will challenge me and I came to this board months ago with an open challenge.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Depends on the stipulations of the battle. I'd vote Ant to challenge your Khan wank with his Revan wank, though.

quanchi112
Depends on the stipulations of the battle. I'd vote Ant to challenge your Khan wank with his Revan wank, though. I am only familiar with the films, clone wars series, animated film, and the rebels episodes so outside of that I what debate a character I haven't read or seen personally. I'd love to do a complete comparison between Khan and Palpatine with anyone willing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It still depends how seriously you take the force user uber speed deal, even though they've been reacted to by non force users and aren't shown to move uber fast, (although Qui Gon and Kenobi do so in TPM.)

quanchi112
It still depends how seriously you take the force user uber speed deal, even though they've been reacted to by non force users and aren't shown to move uber fast, (although Qui Gon and Kenobi do so in TPM.) Their sprint feat is impressive but we've never seen them run that fast while in direct combat. We saw them flee from combat in that scene. We have seen Windu use his speed to approach a jetpackless Jango and it wasn't that impressive at all. Look at the number shots Jango got off despite his inability to create space due to the monster damaging his jet pack.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well of course, using that line of logic and playing by those rules, yeah, Khan would probably win. That said, if you include the totality of known star wars, (in which there are relative mook sith outrunning blaster fire and moving faster than droids can react,) then it's a whole different story, much less the planet tier monsters of the force, aka EU Sheev.

quanchi112
Well of course, using that line of logic and playing by those rules, yeah, Khan would probably win. That said, if you include the totality of known star wars, (in which there are relative mook sith outrunning blaster fire and moving faster than droids can react,) then it's a whole different story, much less the planet tier monsters of the force, aka EU Sheev. I only deal with canon because to me the rest is pure fanfic plus I am not familiar with eu. When I argue these matchups I try to argue in character aka what is the characters behavior and how are they most likely to attack. Some posters in their approach become the character and argue out of character based off rarely done feats.

FreshestSlice
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/39001/4374636-sw3.png

Completely canon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Completely canon. What is the point of this irrelevant scan ?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The rest wasn't fanfic, once upon a time. And EU! Sheev would be most likely to attack with lightning/TK/Force Storm, depending on incarnation. In the EU, his lightning was powerful enough to completely turn an enormous Sithspawn to ash, turn a dark side prophetess to bone, and was powerful/precise enough to kill dozens of stormtroopers, while only hitting them and not the imperial guards within the crowd of said stormtroopers.

Though ultimately, I don't really have a reason to debate, considering that I can see where you're coming from and how you're forming your conceptions.

quanchi112
The rest wasn't fanfic, once upon a time. And EU! Sheev would be most likely to attack with lightning/TK/Force Storm, depending on incarnation. In the EU, his lightning was powerful enough to completely turn an enormous Sithspawn to ash, turn a dark side prophetess to bone, and was powerful/precise enough to kill dozens of stormtroopers, while only hitting them and not the imperial guards within the crowd of said stormtroopers.

Though ultimately, I don't really have a reason to debate, considering that I can see where you're coming from and how you're forming your conceptions. I have no eu knowledge and he from what you describe seems like a completely different character in terms of power than from his live action version. I won't ever read the eu now either since Disney rendered it moot.

FreshestSlice
What is the point of this irrelevant scan ?
Because of the speed at which Vader does it, and then right after block blaster fire? Seems kind of important to a topic of speed.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I have no eu knowledge and he from what you describe seems like a completely different character in terms of power than from his live action version. I won't ever read the eu now either since Disney rendered it moot.

Another random Palpatine thing:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111197689/4179467-1640326-force_storm_1.jpg

That's saddening. You'd be quite the addition if you mastered the eu.

quanchi112
Because of the speed at which Vader does it, and then right after block blaster fire? Seems kind of important to a topic of speed. Those things aren't very maneuverable and we see six words rattled off and a few panels so that isn't lightning quick. We also have no indication of quantifiable time.

quanchi112
Another random Palpatine thing:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111197689/4179467-1640326-force_storm_1.jpg

That's saddening. You'd be quite the addition if you mastered the eu. I just hope someone will take me up on the Palpatine/Khan challenge. We could compare their mental acumen as well as their combat formidability and impact on their respective universes. It could be glorious.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You'd have to find someone with the work ethic. And unfortunately, that's not me.

quanchi112
You'd have to find someone with the work ethic. And unfortunately, that's not me. Name the top three Palpatine enthusiasts outside of Tempest. Also out of all his fans who is the most fanatical in your opinion ?

EmperorSidious2
Trust me you don't want to debate him in those. You will have crushed his arguments and he would still be going with the same arguments. Just look at the threads. Yoda vs khan 100+ pages of stupidity Sidious vs khan another x number of pages of stupidity.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The top 3 Palpatine enthusiasts other than Temp at the moment:

SIDIOUS66

SunRazer

Stigma

The most fanatical? Definitely SIDIOUS66. He's still a bro, though. He's also pretty afk.

FreshestSlice
Those things aren't very maneuverable and we see six words rattled off and a few panels so that isn't lightning quick. We also have no indication of quantifiable time.
Yeah, if that were literally the only page. Also, blaster fire is pretty fast. It's not limited by the maneuverability of the vehicle that fired it.

quanchi112
Yeah, if that were literally the only page. Also, blaster fire is pretty fast. It's not limited by the maneuverability of the vehicle that fired it. I never said Vader can't block blaster fire. Competent Jedi are shown to be able to block blaster fire though it depends on the level of skill from the guy with the blaster. Jango, Cad Bane, and Boba seem like credible threats to even some of the top Jedi on the level of Kenobi.

quanchi112
The top 3 Palpatine enthusiasts other than Temp at the moment:

SIDIOUS66

SunRazer

Stigma

The most fanatical? Definitely SIDIOUS66. He's still a bro, though. He's also pretty afk. Would any of these posters accept my challenge on the movie versus forum ? Stigma is a waste of time though so he's out.

FreshestSlice
I never said Vader can't block blaster fire. Competent Jedi are shown to be able to block blaster fire though it depends on the level of skill from the guy with the blaster. Jango, Cad Bane, and Boba seem like credible threats to even some of the top Jedi on the level of Kenobi.
It's a goddamn AT-AT. If you're comparing that to a blaster pistol, then you've got serious problems. Jedi can't usually block that kind of firepower. And I'm loling at Kenobi being the example of a "top Jedi." Even in "canon" there are others miles ahead of him.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@TheImmortalQuan

Did you....were you the one who broke Stigma? Also, SunRazer is the most likely to accept.

quanchi112
@TheImmortalQuan

Did you....were you the one who broke Stigma? Also, SunRazer is the most likely to accept. Send the word to sunrazer that I want him and his false idol Sidious. I will bathe in his blood and sing Khan's praises after victory.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Send the word to sunrazer that I want him and his false idol Sidious. I will bathe in his blood and sing Khan's praises after victory.

I'm pretty sure he made 4 respects for Sidious that were collectively larger than the first Harry Potter Book. Take that, Tom Riddle.

quanchi112
It's a goddamn AT-AT. If you're comparing that to a blaster pistol, then you've got serious problems. Jedi can't usually block that kind of firepower. And I'm loling at Kenobi being the example of a "top Jedi." Even in "canon" there are others miles ahead of him. In the scan you provided I don't see Vader deflecting any blasting. You also said how quickly he does so back your claim that an At At fires at a much faster rate than a blaster.

Kenobi isn't at the top but he is near the top. I also didn't say Kenobi was at the top but fine. Even Windu the guy who had Sheev at his mercy needed to initially jump away from Jango and only defeated him after another beast damaged his jetpack which is vital to his skill set against one of the best Jedi combat wise.

quanchi112
I'm pretty sure he made 4 respects for Sidious that were collectively larger than the first Harry Potter Book. Take that, Tom Riddle. I just hope he doesn't ignore the challenge. Do you think I should I pm him ?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I feel I should inform him about it to gauge interest. Then you can pm-challenge him, then formally challenge him.

quanchi112
I feel I should inform him about it to gauge interest. Then you can pm-challenge him, then formally challenge him. Ok, pm me when you hear from him. I hope he doesn't disappoint me. Khan is his superior and I'll prove it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Go ahead. You should probably write up a baseline for what Sheev you're arguing.

quanchi112
Go ahead. You should probably write up a baseline for what Sheev you're arguing. Sheev from the films, clone wars series, and rebels series that way we can compare real time feats to real time feats.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tbf though, most of the argument will be you and star wars debater x discussing Sheev's actual speed.

quanchi112
Tbf though, most of the argument will be you and star wars debater x discussing Sheev's actual speed. This will be a comparison in mental ability as well as who brings more to bear in a battle between the two. I'm not stranger to Jedi/Sith exaggerations in speed. Faster than thought hyperbolic nonsense.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You'll also be hearing about blitzing the B-team, which I'm sure you're no stranger to either. Also, what will the turf be? People seem to disdain you more in the movie versus than here.

quanchi112
You'll also be hearing about blitzing the B-team, which I'm sure you're no stranger to either. Also, what will the turf be? People seem to disdain you more in the movie versus than here. That can be up for discussion between sunrazer and I as well as starting distance apart, etc.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Aight. He should be on in roughly an hour. I'll be staying on for about two more, myself.

quanchi112
Aight. He should be on in roughly an hour. I'll be staying on for about two more, myself. Ok, pm me because I'll be heading to bed in a little over an hour so I'll keep checking right up until slumber time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ES2 is still online, here, watching our every movement.

EmperorSidious2
Yea I'm eager to see how sunrazer debates against Quan in a Sidious vs Khan thread

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Quan will seek warmth in Khan's micropenis.

quanchi112
ES2 is still online, here, watching our every movement. His fear paralyzes him while I strut around flexing my internet power.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Your internet biceps could curl his internet self esteem. Your internet control over internet him is complete.

quanchi112
Quan will seek warmth in Khan's micropenis. Do not speak ill of the Jedi conqueror. When Kirk asked about his superiority his response was, EVERYTHING. Everything includes a superior penis.

quanchi112
Your internet biceps could curl his internet self esteem. Your internet control over internet him is complete. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Khan having a superior penis to anyone in Star Trek is pretty much expected. Not an impressive feat.

quanchi112
Khan having a superior penis to anyone in Star Trek is pretty much expected. Not an impressive feat. Star Trek progress is dynamic while Star Wars progress is static so imagine the size of a genetically enhanced human augment.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Star Wars has laser weapons we stomp. Dante's Inferno! Satan has a superior penis.

EmperorSidious2
Any force weilder can take khan really. Khan will kneel before the power of the force.

quanchi112
Star Wars has laser weapons we stomp. Dante's Inferno! Satan has a superior penis. Phasers seem better than lasers but it's besides the point. He did have a huge penis but I doubt it rivals the sheer force Khan's brings to bear.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'd agree. But when contextualizing for the movies, you'd have to see where Quan is coming from.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Phasers seem better than lasers but it's besides the point. He did have a huge penis but I doubt it rivals the sheer force Khan's brings to bear.

Star wars has ships that project artificial black holes we stomp

Ehh, I dunno. Satan's penis was very energetic and in motion.

quanchi112
Any force weilder can take khan really. Khan will kneel before the power of the force. Nah. Order 66 didn't kneel it eradicated the force users.

quanchi112
Star wars has ships that project artificial black holes we stomp

Ehh, I dunno. Satan's penis was very energetic and in motion. Trek has red matter which takes down super novas.

It lacked the regenerative qualities of Khan's glans penis.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Oh yeah well there are sith that can make stars go supernova so take your khan wank to the next dimension

Yeah, but I mean being a Minotaurian dick is always a plus.

quanchi112
Oh yeah well there are sith that can make stars go supernova so take your khan wank to the next dimension

Yeah, but I mean being a Minotaurian dick is always a plus. Not in continuity. Khan is superior to them all this far.

Yes, but Khan's is a +++.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Until Snoke comes, my friend. Until Snoke comes.

First you make fun of the ninth circle, then you make fun of calvary? Khan's done bro

EmperorSidious2
I'd agree. But when contextualizing for the movies, you'd have to see where Quan is coming from.

Khan easily gets ragdolled.

EmperorSidious2
Nah. Order 66 didn't kneel it eradicated the force users. what force weilders used their powers? It's no use in saying the force failed when they never used it. Also they were caught by surprise.

quanchi112
Until Snoke comes, my friend. Until Snoke comes.

First you make fun of the ninth circle, then you make fun of calvary? Khan's done bro Khan doesn't fear anything from the Jedi. We laugh about them all the time.

quanchi112
what force weilders used their powers? It's no use in saying the force failed when they never used it. Also they were caught by surprise. Looks like precog isn't what it's billed at and who cares. Order 66 Snoked them. wink

quanchi112
Khan easily gets ragdolled. Just like Kenobi easily ragdolled Cad Bane on no wait he didn't. Why didn't Windu easily ragdoll Jango ? Oh darn the evidence is against you.

Darth Thor

Completely canon.

Because of the speed at which Vader does it, and then right after block blaster fire? Seems kind of important to a topic of speed.

thumb up

Quan wouldn't know because he Hates the new Disney Canon.

Nargaroth
Last I recall, Vader didn't block the AT-AT fire, and he actually lost his helmet due to the blast.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Last I recall, Vader didn't block the AT-AT fire, and he actually lost his helmet due to the blast.

Will have to recheck the comic. As I remember it they began firing on him as he was Crushing the AT-AT. And they still failed to kill him, or even injure him IIRC.

Darth Thor
Yea I'm eager to see how sunrazer debates against Quan in a Sidious vs Khan thread

By Just accepting a challenge with that title means you've already been Trolled.

No Jedi/Sith higher than Kenobi/Maul should be in such a debate.

It should begin with Ahsoka vs Khan, and end right there if Quanchi just Trolls even through that (which he will).

AncientPower
Luke mirrored Vader's form perfectly so probably him.

EmperorSidious2
Looks like precog isn't what it's billed at and who cares. Order 66 Snoked them. wink

I've already explained why precognition wasn't a deciding factor in that situation. Snoked? Really. Again where was TK used, or any other combative force power used by the Jedi against the clones?

EmperorSidious2
Just like Kenobi easily ragdolled Cad Bane on no wait he didn't. Why didn't Windu easily ragdoll Jango ? Oh darn the evidence is against you.

Oh wait didn't bane have a robo helper, and was disamred twice? laughing out loud

What happened to Jango? Oh yea he got decapitated. It seems evidence is against you once again.

Darth Thor
Bane got completely stomped by Kenobi in their 2nd (and last) encounter. It wasn't even a contest.

Kenobi also humiliated Pre-Vizsla, and Jango Fett needed help from Slave I to disarm him, and he still couldn't beat Kenobi. And that was a Kenobi attempting to "capture" him, so he probably couldn't deflect any of his blaster fire back towards him.

ILS
Vizsla did land hits on Kenobi (IIRC he even kicked him through the air or something), and Kenobi was disarmed from Jango's own missile, not Slave I. Also Kenobi did appear to be trying to kill Jango; he took a good swing at him as he first took to flight and later on kicked him off a cliffside into a treacherous ocean. Also in the AotC novel (depending on how much that matters to you) Kenobi directs a bolt back at Jango but he dodges it.

quanchi112
I've already explained why precognition wasn't a deciding factor in that situation. Snoked? Really. Again where was TK used, or any other combative force power used by the Jedi against the clones? You sculpted but it isn't an ability that can be turned on or off its instinctive. You are trying to define certain powers while ignoring the rest to back your bias.

quanchi112
Oh wait didn't bane have a robo helper, and was disamred twice? laughing out loud

What happened to Jango? Oh yea he got decapitated. It seems evidence is against you once again. He was disarmed by his skill which I have always stated but not some easy tk win. This supports my claim.

Jango lost but his jetpack was damaged by a beast and Windu is the best. No shame there. Point is mace can't just tk him into defeat with ease. The evidence supports me like always.

quanchi112
Last I recall, Vader didn't block the AT-AT fire, and he actually lost his helmet due to the blast. I said in response to the scan he didn't block the at at fire so if you're saying he didn't then I have been lied to and Darth Thor backed the lie. This is what I have to deal with intentional dishonesty.

quanchi112
By Just accepting a challenge with that title means you've already been Trolled.

No Jedi/Sith higher than Kenobi/Maul should be in such a debate.

It should begin with Ahsoka vs Khan, and end right there if Quanchi just Trolls even through that (which he will). Originally posted by quanchi112
Their sprint feat is impressive but we've never seen them run that fast while in direct combat. We saw them flee from combat in that scene. We have seen Windu use his speed to approach a jetpackless Jango and it wasn't that impressive at all. Look at the number shots Jango got off despite his inability to create space due to the monster damaging his jet pack. Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well of course, using that line of logic and playing by those rules, yeah, Khan would probably win. That said, if you include the totality of known star wars, (in which there are relative mook sith outrunning blaster fire and moving faster than droids can react,) then it's a whole different story, much less the planet tier monsters of the force, aka EU Sheev. Boom. Your mind is closed off and you might have intentionally lied which means you're impossible to rationally debate with.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ILS
Vizsla did land hits on Kenobi (IIRC he even kicked him through the air or something), and Kenobi was disarmed from Jango's own missile, not Slave I. Also Kenobi did appear to be trying to kill Jango; he took a good swing at him as he first took to flight and later on kicked him off a cliffside into a treacherous ocean. Also in the AotC novel (depending on how much that matters to you) Kenobi directs a bolt back at Jango but he dodges it. Totally corrected him with the facts not his false lies.

Darth Thor
Vizsal got tooled. Who cares if he got in a couple of hits first? The guy challenged Obi-Wan to 1 v 1 combat, then quickly went crying to his boys for help.

Kenobi was floored first by Slave I, before Jango's missile disarmed him.

And Kenobi was Under Specific Orders to Bring Jango in for questions. There's no reason at all to think he suddenly did an Anakin and went for the kill.

ILS
I wouldn't define 40 seconds of competitive fighting wherein Vizsla sent Kenobi packing at one point, and Kenobi even resorted to using a Force-push early on, as being "tooled", personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vtj5YxDcCk (0:51-1:33)

Nah, it's the other way around. Jango fired his rocket first, you see Kenobi's saber drop, and only then do you even see Boba getting the firing controls ready before doing the actual firing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM (0:32-0:42)

Desperation could be one. Regardless of specifics, I'd say kicking someone off a cliff that size into such a death-guaranteeing environment, or even taking such close swings at him, suggests his intentions well enough.

But I know how stubborn you are so I'll let you ponder Kenobi's abilities further by yourself. thumb up

quanchi112
Vizsal got tooled. Who cares if he got in a couple of hits first? The guy challenged Obi-Wan to 1 v 1 combat, then quickly went crying to his boys for help.

Kenobi was floored first by Slave I, before Jango's missile disarmed him.

And Kenobi was Under Specific Orders to Bring Jango in for questions. There's no reason at all to think he suddenly did an Anakin and went for the kill. Kenobi has used help against Cad Bane so by your own self serving logic he doubted his own abilities in that instance. Pre was not defeated and gave as good as he got in their brief encounter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eMP

38 seconds in Jango disarms and floors him by his missile first.Become aware with Star Wars canon. You were corrected and still lied afterwards.

Darth Thor's ignorance or lying is shameful.

Happy Dance

ares834

He dodged it IIRC.

Even more impressive from a speed perspective.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by ares834
He dodged it IIRC.

Even more impressive from a speed perspective.

You call this dodging?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/4404408-5784654153-44043.jpg

ares834
Well we see him appearing to leap out of the way. so yes?

Nephthys
Looks like it just missed him to me.

Plus, he's screaming in frustration.

FreshestSlice
What is he supposed to say? That it's relaxing? Also no. He's clearly being seen jumping out of the way if you actually pay attention to the action lines, Neph.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
Looks like it just missed him to me.

Plus, he's screaming in frustration. Agreed.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by ares834
Well we see him appearing to leap out of the way. so yes?

Then why is he screaming in that scan? And how did he lose his helmet? To me it looks like he tanked the blast.

ILS
Maybe Vader tried to jump out of the way but wasn't fast enough and only partially tanked the blast.

ares834
Then why is he screaming in that scan? And how did he lose his helmet? To me it looks like he tanked the blast.

Figured it was due to the rubble or the resulting explosions. Because it's pretty clear in that scan that he avoided the actual lasers themselves.

carthage
It looks like it impacted right when he jumped out of the way.

Darth Thor
First of all for a guy who claims he doesn't talk to me and that I Stalk Him you sure do respond to me a lot.

Originally posted by ILS
I wouldn't define 40 seconds of competitive fighting wherein Vizsla sent Kenobi packing at one point, and Kenobi even resorted to using a Force-push early on, as being "tooled", personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vtj5YxDcCk (0:51-1:33)

Oh Jeez, he was Solidly beaten then. Either way it didn't end well for Vizsla.

Originally posted by ILS
Nah, it's the other way around. Jango fired his rocket first, you see Kenobi's saber drop, and only then do you even see Boba getting the firing controls ready before doing the actual firing.

Ah yes you're right. But getting shot at by both Slave I and Jango obviously didn't help Kenobi. So not sure what you're arguing here.

Originally posted by ILS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM (0:32-0:42)

Desperation could be one. Regardless of specifics, I'd say kicking someone off a cliff that size into such a death-guaranteeing environment, or even taking such close swings at him, suggests his intentions well enough.

Punching him's not going to kill him. Post ANH Luke hurt his fists punching Boba Fett's armour, so those suits are pretty damn durable.

As for kicking him off the cliff, you're probably right and it was likely desperation move at that point, unless he gave him a precise enough kick to know he wouldn't fall all the way off, and Knew he could climb back up.

Either way that was the end of the fight. The main disadvantage of taking him alive is with his Lightsaber which he lost early on partly due to Slave I's intervention.

Originally posted by ILS
But I know how stubborn you are so I'll let you ponder Kenobi's abilities further by yourself. thumb up

Irony.

Darth Thor
Kenobi has used help against Cad Bane so by your own self serving logic he doubted his own abilities in that instance. Pre was not defeated and gave as good as he got in their brief encounter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eMP

Due to the environment which he took advantage of. Doesn't make him an actual threat to Kenobi.

38 seconds in Jango disarms and floors him by his missile first.Become aware with Star Wars canon. You were corrected and still lied afterwards.

Jango ran.

Vizsla ran.

Bane ran.

Anything else?

Oh yeah, Kenobi Uber stomped Cad Bane the last time they fought. It wasn't even a fight laughing out loud

Darth Thor's ignorance or lying is shameful.

Happy Dance

Keep running from my Canon Battlezone Challenges you Coward.

And keep trying to Troll people into Non-Canon ones laughing out loud

You hate Disney Canon laughing out loud

ILS
Just keeping you right. thumb up

quanchi112
Due to the environment which he took advantage of. Doesn't make him an actual threat to Kenobi.

Jango ran.

Vizsla ran.

Bane ran.

Anything else?

Oh yeah, Kenobi Uber stomped Cad Bane the last time they fought. It wasn't even a fight laughing out loud

Keep running from my Canon Battlezone Challenges you Coward.

And keep trying to Troll people into Non-Canon ones laughing out loud

You hate Disney Canon laughing out loud So when your guy loses its due to the environment but when they win the environment doesn't count. Double standard and excuses 101.

Jango wasn't there to kill Kenobi. Kenobi failed. Kenobi fled the scene not Vizsla. Bane was against two Jedi and had Kenobi at his mercy by beating him. You lied about the circumstances of the Jango Kenobi fight after you were corrected. This is you ignoring continuity and facts due to your bias.

You're the guy who lied about Disney canon and after being called on it continued to lie. You don't really know much about Star Wars tbh.

TheNuisanceBird

quanchi112

Darth Thor
So when your guy loses its due to the environment but when they win the environment doesn't count. Double standard and excuses 101.

Jango wasn't there to kill Kenobi. Kenobi failed. Kenobi fled the scene not Vizsla. Bane was against two Jedi and had Kenobi at his mercy by beating him. You lied about the circumstances of the Jango Kenobi fight after you were corrected. This is you ignoring continuity and facts due to your bias.

You're the guy who lied about Disney canon and after being called on it continued to lie. You don't really know much about Star Wars tbh.

You're the only one with Double Standards here using "Character Statements" as evidence when it suits you, then calling it others for using more Reliable statements when it Doesn't suit you.

Let me educate you about SW. Environment makes a BIG difference. Even to Saber forms. Kenobi's form works better in "tight" environments. Yoda and Sidious' s acrobatic forms are better in an Open Environment.

Jango ran from Kenobi and NEEDED help from his frigging Starship.

Bane ran from Kenobi and got Humiliated in their last confrontation.

Vizsla cried to his boys for help after He Himself Challenged Kenobi to 1 v 1 combat.

You've been OWNED Again. But keep Trolling, you have a reputation to hold after all.

You Hate Disney Star Wars. That's why you don't read the comics even though you usually do read Marvel comics. laughing out loud I've called you it on your Hate. Again.

I was already a SW fan and didn't need to Bandwagon just because it looks like it's going to be the Biggest Movie Franchise again laughing out loud

EmperorSidious2
Vader was not holding back and was simply outclassed by Luke. Dooku fanned the flames of his aggression and it's a basic theme of Star Wars. We see in a clone wars episode Maul taunt Kenobi into giving into his aggression which throws him off. Quit using it as some sort of excuse. The emotional states of these characters doesn't dismiss the outcomes as some sort of amp.

Vader also was wiser than the younger arrogant Anakin Skywalker. Point is both the Skywalkers at their best were simply better than Dooku. The Vount I have found to be a vastly overrated fallen Jedi.

It's his son. Of course he was holding back. We see a difference in the way he fights in ESB and ROTJ. Luke did increase, but not to Vader level. Vader as of canon is superior with the blade as of now. By the Force Awakens, Luke will be better than him most likely. However as of ROTJ Vader has better feats, and accolades. Some of these characters do have a battle altering experience with Force rage. Obi used it in two ways. When he first fought Maul he had maul pressed and even disamred him of one of his sabers. Second time it unbalanced him. This woudl be due to the style change most likely. Ataru very aggressive, Soresu completely passive. You're right. It doesn't dismiss anything, however it tells you that without they wouldn't have won their fights.

Dooku vs Anakin. Without the amp, Dooku would have won.

quanchi112
It's his son. Of course he was holding back. We see a difference in the way he fights in ESB and ROTJ. Luke did increase, but not to Vader level. Vader as of canon is superior with the blade as of now. By the Force Awakens, Luke will be better than him most likely. However as of ROTJ Vader has better feats, and accolades. Some of these characters do have a battle altering experience with Force rage. Obi used it in two ways. When he first fought Maul he had maul pressed and even disamred him of one of his sabers. Second time it unbalanced him. This woudl be due to the style change most likely. Ataru very aggressive, Soresu completely passive. You're right. It doesn't dismiss anything, however it tells you that without they wouldn't have won their fights.

Dooku vs Anakin. Without the amp, Dooku would have won. Then prove it. Luke decimated him and easily bested him. This is another example of you ignoring continuity.

Speculative nonsense.

That all,it's to your last two paragraphs. You make a claim without any proof and treat it as a fact. That isn't debating.

EmperorSidious2
Then prove it. Luke decimated him and easily bested him. This is another example of you ignoring continuity.

Speculative nonsense.

That all,it's to your last two paragraphs. You make a claim without any proof and treat it as a fact. That isn't debating.

The difference between his fighting in ESB and ROTJ. He's much more controlled, and actually fighting in ESB. However in ROTJ he doesn't want to kill him. So why would he go all out against someone he's doesn't want to kill. Again, he's accepting the fact that Luke is his son, and his inner conflict. He loves his son. If he went all out he woudl kill him.

quanchi112
The difference between his fighting in ESB and ROTJ. He's much more controlled, and actually fighting in ESB. However in ROTJ he doesn't want to kill him. So why would he go all out against someone he's doesn't want to kill. Again, he's accepting the fact that Luke is his son, and his inner conflict. He loves his son. If he went all out he woudl kill him. Luke didn't want to kill his father either and after disarming him threw his saber down. In esb he fought against a much weaker Luke who cut his shoulder despite his lack of training.

Speculative nonsense. Luke won and he didn't even have to kill his daddy. Luke owned his father.

TheNuisanceBird
Then prove it. Luke decimated him and easily bested him. This is another example of you ignoring continuity.

Speculative nonsense.

Dude, he just came up with a well written argument that makes a lot more sense than any one you've made so far.

quanchi112
Dude, he just came up with a well written argument that makes a lot more sense than any one you've made so far. No, he did not. He also ignored the fact Luke vastly improved and didn't want to kill his father either. He tosses his saber down and proves it. What he said is completely and entirely speculative. Go by facts not biased theories without anything to back them up.

TheNuisanceBird
No, he did not. He also ignored the fact Luke vastly improved and didn't want to kill his father either. He tosses his saber down and proves it. What he said is completely and entirely speculative. Go by facts not biased theories without anything to back them up.

He through away his saber after he took Vader down with a rage amp. What feats and accolades has ROTJ Luke had that places him above ROTJ Vader?

quanchi112
He through away his saber after he took Vader down with a rage amp. What feats and accolades has ROTJ Luke had that places him above ROTJ Vader? Yes, he bested him without killing him. Vader was the one who made him angry and paid for it. Luke bested him in combat. That's the ultimate indicator of who is more formidable in a one on one matchup than irrelevant feats.

TheNuisanceBird
The emotional states of these characters doesn't dismiss the outcomes as some sort of amp.

Bro. You just said---ah whats the point?

quanchi112
Bro. You just said---ah whats the point? The Sith are the ones tempting the Jedi into giving into their anger all the time so acting like that dismisses the fight is preposterous and basically says let's just dismiss the whole fight because he was mad. Ridiculous.

TheNuisanceBird
The Sith are the ones tempting the Jedi into giving into their anger all the time so acting like that dismisses the fight is preposterous and basically says let's just dismiss the whole fight because he was mad. Ridiculous.

It seemed that Vader was saying how he wanted to turn Leia and that's what caused Luke to be upset. I think there was a documentary with a part on the ROTJ throne room fight.

quanchi112
It seemed that Vader was saying how he wanted to turn Leia and that's what caused Luke to be upset. I think there was a documentary with a part on the ROTJ throne room fight. So Vader's words were responsible but he wanted him to turn to the dark side anyways so he wanted to unravel him. He was conflicted and Luke won the day by not fighting back and giving into his anger.

TheNuisanceBird
So Vader's words were responsible but he wanted him to turn to the dark side anyways so he wanted to unravel him. He was conflicted and Luke won the day by not fighting back and giving into his anger.

He temporarily did lose himself to his rage during his rage amp. It was only when Vader was defeated that he realized his mistake.

quanchi112
He temporarily did lose himself to his rage during his rage amp. It was only when Vader was defeated that he realized his mistake. I know but the point is despite losing himself in the moment which you agree he still defeated Vader without killing him.

TheNuisanceBird
I know but the point is despite losing himself in the moment which you agree he still defeated Vader without killing him.

The same could be said with Kenobi defeating Pre-Suit Vader on Mustafar.

quanchi112
The same could be said with Kenobi defeating Pre-Suit Vader on Mustafar. Kenobi didn't even want to dismember him and Vader forced his actions by his aggressive and foolish jump.

FreshestSlice
Yeah. Vader totes forced Obi-Wan to both of his legs and his arm off and then leave him to burn to death. It had nothing to do with Obi-Wan being miffed. He had to do it.

quanchi112
Yeah. Vader totes forced Obi-Wan to both of his legs and his arm off and then leave him to burn to death. It had nothing to do with Obi-Wan being miffed. He had to do it. He forced him to defend himself. He pleaded with him not to try it. Vader did so at his own dismay.

FreshestSlice
And he needed to to use a forbidden technique to defend himself? It's not like he couldn't just, you know, move out the way? Hell, how about aim for the arm that's actually holding a lightsaber? Oh, and the "By the way, **** you, I'm out." Totes required.

quanchi112
And he needed to to use a forbidden technique to defend himself? It's not like he couldn't just, you know, move out the way? Hell, how about aim for the arm that's actually holding a lightsaber? Oh, and the "By the way, **** you, I'm out." Totes required. He knew Anakin wouldn't stop since he wouldn't surrender in that disadvantageous position. If someone is trying to kill you and won't stop you will respond in kind. He could have went over to finish him off yet he didn't.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>