Danzo vs Orochimaru

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
To the death, who wins?

AuraAngel
Ignoring things like Edo Tensei and Shisui's genjutsu, I can't think of a single edge for Danzo in this fight. Orochimaru's skin shedding lets him tangle with Danzo for a while and he's probably faster. The limit to how many times he can keep doing it is unknown but chances are he will be able to outlast Izanagi. His summons are both better with snakes for attack and Rashomon for defense. Danzo might have an edge in genjutsu but we've never seen him use one, just shake off Tsukuyomi(and even then he missed the illusion placed on his hand). He has a pretty good sealing technique but Orochimaru can use his curse seal in battle as well and Danzo's seal doesn't seem to stop ninjutsu, just movement. Normally fatal except for the guy who can jump out of his own mouth. Orochimaru has also studied Hashirama cells extensively and we know what Danzo's right arm is packing.

So yeah it looks to me like old snakey just holds all the cards. I might be wrong though.

Damborgson
Sasuke never used Tsukuyomi on him, he just used a genjutsu.

Do you think Danzo has any way of killing Oro?

Henry_Pym
Is this the Zetsu Oro? He really got screwed in screen time but we know he was a beast as apparently all his old feats were done by a HEAVILY restricted version.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Damborgson
To the death, who wins?

Danzo makes him commit suicide. vin

Unless Kotoamatsukami is not allowed, in which case, Orochimaru most likely, depending on the version.

Originally posted by Damborgson
Sasuke never used Tsukuyomi on him, he just used a genjutsu.

Do you think Danzo has any way of killing Oro?

The MS genjutsu Sasuke has is most likely Tsukuyomi. At least it should be. It's weaker than Itachi's due to obvious reasons.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
The MS genjutsu Sasuke has is most likely Tsukuyomi. At least it should be. It's weaker than Itachi's due to obvious reasons.

Um... No. Sasuke's genjutsu is nothing compared to Tsukiyomi. Danzo himself outright stated this.

Henry_Pym
Did he?

NewGuy01
It's not Tsukuyomi. Tsukuyomi is a more potent Genjutsu, and allows the user to control time and space; Sasuke can do neither.

Not until he gets the Rinnegan at the very least.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NewGuy01
It's not Tsukuyomi. Tsukuyomi is a more potent Genjutsu, and allows the user to control time and space; Sasuke can do neither.

Not until he gets the Rinnegan at the very least.

I meant that it should have been Tsukuyomi, not that it definitely was, and I only say that because in addition to Itachi having those 3 techniques, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi & Susanoo are a sibling trio in Shinto myth.
And we've seen the same tech have different uses in different users/eyes. Sasuke is also not as skilled with genjutsu.

Itachi alters the target's perception of time and space with it. Has no effect on actual space-time.

I wonder if Sasuke's genjutsu would get boosted by Hagoromo's Yin seal.

NewGuy01
No, Tsukuyomi is distinctly different from MS genjutsu. In it's first appearance, Itachi praises Kakashi, saying that he could have resisted typical MS. Danzo also tells us that Sasuke's genjutsu is child's play compared to Tsukuyomi.

Demonic Phoenix
Compared to Itachi's Tsukuyomi.
Since when do techniques have the same level of power in 2 different users with differing skill levels?

Again, not saying Sasuke has Tsukuyomi, just that he should have had it, and there's an argument for him having it.

AuraAngel
It honestly seems like Kishi changed his mind on what techniques Sasuke had. I assume that Sasuke's genjutsu is just a very weak Tsukuyomi. It alters the victims sense of time just enough for Sasuke to take advantage of it but not to Itachi's skill. Tobi does make it clear there is a difference. Meanwhile Sasuke gets a much stronger Amaterasu with the ability to shape it how he pleases.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.