The Thing vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
*Standard versions*
1.H2H/Slugfest
2.Both use full powers and abilities

*Both at peak*
1.H2H/Slugfest
2.Both use full powers and abilities

Who wins in each of the above?

zopzop
Thing in all.

juggernaut74
Colossus wins.

-Pr-
Colossus.

Glorificus
Colossus for a slight majority, though Ben will make it a very tough fight.

riv6672
Ben in both. Way better fighter, at a comparable power level.

Henry_Pym
"At peak"

Does that mean Colossunaut vs Pineapples?

If so the Juggerfail wins.

KingD19
Originally posted by riv6672
Ben in both. Way better fighter, at a comparable power level.

Colossus is not only a damn good fighter in his own right, he can pull off moves Thing can't even do, like launching himself at an opponent like a human cannonball.

riv6672
I never said Colossus wasnt a good fighter. Ben's just way better.
That cannonball thing doesnt really impress me but, its good to know.

KingD19
How is Ben way better? Colossus skills have been talked about on panel just as often as Ben, and he's actually shown better technique and maneuvers, like when he fought Hulk as a teenager.

Bentley
As every other time this thread has been made, Thing wins.

abhilegend
Ben wins. He has actual wins against those who matter.

Decter
Ben wins in all

deathslash
Colossus wins after a very good fight.

juggernaut74
Ben in both. Way better fighter, at a comparable power level. Way better? LOL.

riv6672
Yeah, way better.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by KingD19
How is Ben way better? Colossus skills have been talked about on panel just as often as Ben, and he's actually shown better technique and maneuvers, like when he fought Hulk as a teenager.

Genii96
at normal,thing has th advantage
at peak...demon colossarnut vs worthy thing..........colossus wins

riv6672
Originally posted by juggernaut74
How is Ben way better? Its my opinion going by what i've seen over the years.
Talked about skills...unless there's a site that lists every single Colossus/Ben fighting skill reference made in a Marvel comic, i'm not taking that as a fact, but as an opinion.
Better technique and maneuvers? Seems we have a difference of opinion.

Genii96
when did ben even become this great fighter anyway?....he was in th airforce and knows street fighting....colossus has been training with the xmen since he was young.....how can you tell who is better?

riv6672
Originally posted by Genii96
when did ben even become this great fighter anyway?....he was in th airforce and knows street fighting....colossus has been training with the xmen since he was young.....how can you tell who is better?

You should do more research on Ben. Or some. Or research.

StiltmanFTW
Colossus knows judo. Ben knows advanced self-pity techniques.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Nidaime-Sama/media/uxm121pg11.jpg.html

riv6672
You should do more research on Ben. Or some. Or research.

StiltmanFTW
You should do more research on Piotr. Or some. Or research.

riv6672
You shouldnt expect serious responses to joke posts.

StiltmanFTW
stick out tongue

Piotr has the skill advantage, Ben has the "heart" one.

deathslash
Riv, how about you name just a few instances of Ben showing his h2h skills. That would make this debate go a lot faster.

juggernaut74
Colossus used some skill in his fight with Juggernaut recently.

deathslash
Colossus used some skill in his fight with Juggernaut recently. yep. Colossus seems to use his h2h skill more often than ben.

KingD19
Colossus used some skill in his fight with Juggernaut recently.

Colossus usually tries to outskill Cain or take advantage of something after scrapping with him a bit. Because unlike Ben, Colossus will realize if he can't outmuscle someone, so he'll try something new. Ben just keeps fighting and relies on his "heart".

In the past for example, Colossus punched a hole in a cruise ship so Cain would go down with it.

He used skill and speed to take him down in his most recent appearance.

Used technique against Sasquatch and has judo flipped Sentinels.

He's used advanced techniques like bouncing off a wall and launching himself like a cannonball at an enemy.

He used skills that would impress even Herc when he fought Hulk as a teenager.

He even caught Deadpool off guard with his speed and sort of teleported across the rooftop they were fighting at to catch him with an elbow.

Etc...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash
yep. Colossus seems to use his h2h skill more often than ben.

Yes.

Even without transforming, Piotr handled some thugs armed with handguns. Under Brubaker. KingD19 might remember the details, it was a pretty awesome scene.

Then we have him using judo throws from time to time. He's not a dumb brick, he learned from other X-Men.

KingD19
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes.

Even without transforming, Piotr handled some thugs armed with handguns. Under Brubaker. KingD19 might remember the details, it was a pretty awesome scene.

Then we have him using judo throws from time to time. He's not a dumb brick, he learned from other X-Men.

I do remember that scene. Iirc, he beat them down after threatening to break some jaws. Didn't even need to transform to do it, and it was pretty easy for him.

tkitna
http://theshortbox.com/files/2010/09/38912_20060502181518_large.jpg

Just saying.

DarkSaint85
If it helps, Wolverine rated him in Enemy of the State....

deathslash
Yes.

Then we have him using judo throws from time to time. He's not a dumb brick, he learned from other X-Men. yep. I love Ben and he's a great character, but this is one of those times that using the heartforce isn't going to help. I see this fight going like Rocky 4. Only this time, Ivan wins against "rocky".

riv6672
Riv, how about you name just a few instances of Ben showing his h2h skills. That would make this debate go a lot faster.

If you care to do about 15 minutes worth of reading...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/the-things-fighting-skills-1612361/

...this links to a thread that has verbal confirmations and scans aid Ben's fighting skills.

juggernaut74
Nothing there makes him "way" better than Colossus as you claim. That barely makes Thing Colossus' equal.

riv6672
I counter your parenthesized way, with my multiple italicized "opinion" from earlier.
I think he's way better. You dont. I was asked (not by you) to provide proof.
I did that.
I really dont see any reason to drag this out. You arent changing your mind and neither am i.

juggernaut74
Have fun riding in that boat by yourself.

riv6672
I'm sure thats some kind of zinger, and you in your mind it was really good; Colossus good.

joesha28
Thing did hold off and had a Technical win against Namor, underwater. Namor has never been beaten underwater before. Even hulk lost. But Ben did pull off. That does say something.

Genii96
yea,it says it was PIS....namor oneshotted amped thing on land

KingD19
Originally posted by joesha28
Thing did hold off and had a Technical win against Namor, underwater. Namor has never been beaten underwater before. Even hulk lost. But Ben did pull off. That does say something.

All it proves is the bias the writers had in favor of the Avengers during the entirety of AvX since they were trying to make the X-Men the bad guys considering how much PIS and CIS happened.

Thing not only beat Namor underwater(despite pretty much always losing to him and Namor being stronger than ever), but he tanked a beating from Colossalnaut( a Juggernaut/Juggernaut+ level opponent) and he had to basically force him out of the blue area of the moon so he'd pass out from lack of oxygen.

Cap tanked having pretty much his entire suit charged by Gmabit and blowing up on his body.

Magneto had to draw power from several planets to fight somewhat evenly with Iron Man.

Warpath got two-pieced by Captain America.

Etc... That whole arc was basically the Avenger's getting a long bj by the writers while the X-Men were treated as monsters.

Genii96
Yea cap shrugging off his clothes exploding made no sense at all.

abhilegend
Uh, who told you Namor has never lost underwater?

Bentley
but he tanked a beating from Colossalnaut( a Juggernaut/Juggernaut+ level opponent) and he had to basically force him out of the blue area of the moon so he'd pass out from lack of oxygen.

Wait, so Thing actually defeated an Amped Colossus on a comicbook?

Why are people supporting Piotr again?

abhilegend
All it proves is the bias the writers had in favor of the Avengers during the entirety of AvX since they were trying to make the X-Men the bad guys considering how much PIS and CIS happened.

Thing not only beat Namor underwater(despite pretty much always losing to him and Namor being stronger than ever), but he tanked a beating from Colossalnaut( a Juggernaut/Juggernaut+ level opponent) and he had to basically force him out of the blue area of the moon so he'd pass out from lack of oxygen.

Cap tanked having pretty much his entire suit charged by Gmabit and blowing up on his body.

Magneto had to draw power from several planets to fight somewhat evenly with Iron Man.

Warpath got two-pieced by Captain America.

Etc... That whole arc was basically the Avenger's getting a long bj by the writers while the X-Men were treated as monsters.
Uh, colossus oneshotted Thing when he got serious. Xavier casually put entire Avengers team to sleep. Thor got his ass handed to him through the event.

It's Cap. He always does things like that.

Genii96
Thing didn't beat juggernaut colossus

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bentley
Wait, so Thing actually defeated an Amped Colossus on a comicbook?

Why are people supporting Piotr again?
No, he didn't. He did not damage to him at all and hot koed casually.
Originally posted by abhilegend

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218186_AVX-Zone_002.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218188_AVX-Zone_003.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218190_AVX-Zone_004.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218192_AVX-Zone_005.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218193_AVX-Zone_006.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218196_AVX-Zone_007.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218198_AVX-Zone_008.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218199_AVX-Zone_009.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12218200_AVX-Zone_010.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Bentley was just trolling, y'know.

KingD19
I didn't say Thing beat Colossus. I said Thing was tanking his attacks(even though Colossus was basically holding back the entire time) and Colossus wanted to force him out of the blue area of the moon so he'd suffocate. I probably just worded it wrong.

I do find it funny though how Thing of all people complains about someone not staying down in a fight.

juggernaut74
Thing was clearly outgunned in that fight. Thing and regular Colossus would be much closer but the outcome would be the same imo.

Namor couldn't take advantage of Thing needing air to get the KO but I imagine Thing can hold his breath for a long time.

namorsubby
But thing beat namor underwater? How could he then lose to ptior? In xmen it's established that namor is more powerful than he.

But yeah I think that was bs. Colossus wins imo

riv6672
If this were viable logic here, variations of your statement would ve the only thing written in these threads.

basilisk
Thing did hold off and had a Technical win against Namor, underwater. Namor has never been beaten underwater before. Even hulk lost.
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/Subby/Submariner01_zps6e291c00.jpghttp://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/Subby/Submariner02_zps7ca9a1f6.jpg

Bentley
Originally posted by basilisk
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/Subby/Submariner01_zps6e291c00.jpghttp://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/Subby/Submariner02_zps7ca9a1f6.jpg

Classic Attuma is above Hulk thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Nerve strikes > everything else...

deathslash
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/Subby/Submariner01_zps6e291c00.jpghttp://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/Subby/Submariner02_zps7ca9a1f6.jpg didn't Thor also casually Ko Namor while it was raining? It was during WWII IIRC.

StiltmanFTW
He did. It didn't last long though, iirc. The full fight scene is rarely posted, because thorbags like to make it seem like a bigger feat than it really was.

deathslash
He did. It didn't last long though, iirc. The full fight scene is rarely posted, because thorbags like to make it seem like a bigger feat than it really was. it is a kind of big thing isn't it? Namor was trying to take Thor down and Thor oneshotted him for his efforts

StiltmanFTW
it is a kind of big thing isn't it? Namor was trying to take Thor down and Thor oneshotted him for his efforts

Classic Thor was a beast. However, he has never replicated that feat, just as he hasn't one-shotted Abomination in their rematch.

The feat really stopped looking that impressive after the entire battle was posted.

abhilegend
it is a kind of big thing isn't it? Namor was trying to take Thor down and Thor oneshotted him for his efforts
Namor was weakened as it was too long since he was in sea and even rain couldn't bring him to full power.

Namor fought a bloodlusted Thor to a standstill in sea in Atlantis Attacks.

basilisk
didn't Thor also casually Ko Namor while it was raining? It was during WWII IIRC. He's not quite as strong out of sea water though...

Tyrak completely trashed Namor underwater. Some random big Atlantean barbarian guy once basically one-shotted him underwater. Porpoise pressure point attacks...There were other times when Subby got beaten down underwater. Most were a while back but around the same time or later than the often mentioned Hulk/Subby fight. Not saying that Thing packs what Tyrak or those porpoises did.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine in Iron Man's armor one-shotted Namor underwater, too. No claws, flash KO.

One of Iron Man's rogue Argonaut suits did make a quick work of Namor, too.

Genii96
-namor was actually weakened,his strength hadn't recovered fully yet
-he ws up 2 panels later
-thor noted his strength was increasing after he got back up
That was a weakened namor

Genii96
He's not quite as strong out of sea water though...

Tyrak completely trashed Namor underwater. Some random big Atlantean barbarian guy once basically one-shotted him underwater. Porpoise pressure point attacks...There were other times when Subby got beaten down underwater. Most were a while back but around the same time or later than the often mentioned Hulk/Subby fight. Not saying that Thing packs what Tyrak or those porpoises did.
Tyrak didn't beat him underwater,he knocled him out at the avenger's base...namor has beaten him every other time..and tyrak beat down iron man,wanda,ms marvel,hank pym and wasp together...and faced the avengers multiple times,only being beaten by dehydration or his water supply being destroyed
When did the atlantean barbarian KO him? Was that when his powers were acting out and he needed to step into a machine to stabilize them?

riv6672
So, we agree Ben wins, we're on to opponents now. Excellent.

deathslash
So, we agree Ben wins, we're on to opponents now. Excellent. what we agree on is that Ben puts up a great fight but ultimately loses to the guy that uses his agility, speed and skill more often (in addition to being slightly more powerful).

HulkIsHulk
About this bullshit Namor not being beaten underwater, a weakened hulk has got the better of namor underwater, and casually overpowered a fresh out of water Namor. Abomination flat out Kod him underwater. And Ben beat Namor because he somehow found a fish with teeth that were strong enough to hold Namor but had weak enough roots so ben could pull it out of the fish's mouth, and not straight up beat him. Unless that fishis always lending Ben its teeth, that is hardly applicable in other battles

juggernaut74
Doesn't Thing punch harder than Namor?

-Pr-
Doesn't Thing punch harder than Namor?

I doubt it.

namorsubby
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
About this bullshit Namor not being beaten underwater, a weakened hulk has got the better of namor underwater, and casually overpowered a fresh out of water Namor. Abomination flat out Kod him underwater. And Ben beat Namor because he somehow found a fish with teeth that were strong enough to hold Namor but had weak enough roots so ben could pull it out of the fish's mouth, and not straight up beat him. Unless that fishis always lending Ben its teeth, that is hardly applicable in other battles namor ktfo of hulk underwater. Abomination never koed him underwater. Stalemate blood lusted Thor partially underwater. Surfer. Etc etc.

psycho gundam
Colossus got superheated to incandescence by Pyro way back in the day (his powers probably got better with age) and he didn't slow down until he was then doused with 4 tankers worth of liquid nitrogen

I don't think Thing has any notable heat defense feats to that level

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Colossus got superheated to incandescence by Pyro way back in the day (his powers probably got better with age) and he didn't slow down until he was then doused with 4 tankers worth of liquid nitrogen

That was pre-upgrade Colossus too. As a teenager.

zopzop

Thing withstood multiple shots by 2 or 3 Rogue Celestials and wasn't killed. Rogue Celestials > Pyro.

StiltmanFTW
Colossus has survived blows from Juggernaut fueled by enough power to kill Cyttorak stick out tongue

psycho gundam
Originally posted by zopzop
Thing withstood multiple shots by 2 or 3 Rogue Celestials and wasn't killed. Rogue Celestials > Pyro. Like un-amped, no bullshit involved?

namorsubby
Didn't ptior eff him up? What exactly are we arguing?

abhilegend
Like un-amped, no bullshit involved?
Yes.

psycho gundam
Scans

riv6672
what we agree on is that Ben puts up a great fight but ultimately loses to the guy that uses his agility, speed and skill more often (in addition to being slightly more powerful).
Nope, didnt agree to that at all. wink

-Pr-
Yes.

I don't believe you, but:

Scans

^

abhilegend
Scans
http://i.imgur.com/2cdDx4U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xW3rLrx.jpg

-Pr-

So the F4 all survived the blast...

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
So the F4 all survived the blast...
Yes and no.

Thing survived the blast on his own. The only reason the rest of the FF survived is because Sue put up a forcefield and it absorbed the brunt of their blast.

-Pr-
Yes and no.

Thing survived the blast on his own. The only reason the rest of the FF survived is because Sue put up a forcefield and it absorbed the brunt of their blast.

Why do the Celestials not seem surprised that they survived then?

zopzop
Because Hickman is a stupid @$$hole?

Bentley

They are probably aware of how dangerous Reed is, he's the bigger threat, the rest can be ignored.

-Pr-
Because Hickman is a stupid @$$hole?

laughing

They are probably aware of how dangerous Reed is, he's the bigger threat, the rest can be ignored.

I see...

Genii96
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
About this bullshit Namor not being beaten underwater, a weakened hulk has got the better of namor underwater, and casually overpowered a fresh out of water Namor. Abomination flat out Kod him underwater. And Ben beat Namor because he somehow found a fish with teeth that were strong enough to hold Namor but had weak enough roots so ben could pull it out of the fish's mouth, and not straight up beat him. Unless that fishis always lending Ben its teeth, that is hardly applicable in other battles
Namor one shotted hulk underwater and has KO'd him almost everytime they have fought there,hydrated namor stalemates hulk regularly
Abomination was beaten in seconds when namor got him underwater,
His fight with ben was PIS..he has oneshotted ben several times on land

riv6672
So fights can only ever have one outcome every time? Sounds PISy to me.

basilisk
Originally posted by Genii96
Tyrak didn't beat him underwater,he knocled him out at the avenger's base...namor has beaten him every other time..and tyrak beat down iron man,wanda,ms marvel,hank pym and wasp together...and faced the avengers multiple times,only being beaten by dehydration or his water supply being destroyed
When did the atlantean barbarian KO him? Was that when his powers were acting out and he needed to step into a machine to stabilize them?

The Tyrak fight took place at Attuma's underwater base, in the water and Tyrak quickly KO'd Namor. Shortly after that Tyrak was amped to become even bigger and more powerful, but he was hit by the combined attacks of the Avengers then KO'd by a Wonder Man/Vision double punch.

The barbarian guy just basically pretended to be beaten then sucker punch KO'd Namor when he approached. I don't think there were any other circumstances. It was not long after the period as when Namor beat Hulk underwater.

In the Abomination fight somebody mentioned, Abom beat Namor, Triton, and Andromeda underwater. He two-shot KO'd Namor.

zopzop
In the Abomination fight somebody mentioned, Abom beat Namor, Triton, and Andromeda underwater. He two-shot KO'd Namor.
You forget to mention Abom attacked them right after they got through fighting the Avengers.

Namor was sucker attacked by Thunderstrike, Vision, and Hercules. Then Crystal tried joining in on the action. Namor dealt with them all. After all that, Abom ambushes them. When Namor had time to catch his breath, he beat Abom and Abom's employers had to step in and stop the fight.

Context.

namorsubby
Ok beat me to it. Good work forum people i dont actually know.

But seriously didnt ptior ko the thing? I think it would be a good fight(better) than the one i saw but i think he has a slight edge in all areas.

So fights can only ever have one outcome every time? Sounds PISy to me.

You sir are...correct. but your words still somewhat upset me.

Hes really no match tho. Hes fought him and all his lil buddies at once and came out shining like light reflective scales on the giant fish thing smacked him with that SHOULDVE been to no effect at all.

riv6672
That was pretty...smile

basilisk
You forget to mention Abom attacked them right after they got through fighting the Avengers.

Namor was sucker attacked by Thunderstrike, Vision, and Hercules. Then Crystal tried joining in on the action. Namor dealt with them all. After all that, Abom ambushes them. When Namor had time to catch his breath, he beat Abom and Abom's employers had to step in and stop the fight.

Context. Well, beating Thunderstrike is usually considered more a useful warmup exercise than any sort of impediment, but yeah...

namorsubby
That was pretty...smile I thought I was much too proud of myself for that and had begun to second guess.....your affirmation does not go unappreciated.

riv6672
thumb up

Bentley
B

U

M

P

-Pr-
Colossus.

Darth Thor
Thing of course.

Colossus doesn't have that Sunday best.

Heart > whatever Colossus has.

Bentley
The only thing Colossus has is Pr

DarkSaint85

Sue is a beast.

carver9
Based off what Damborgson followers, Thing wins this 10/10 with ease. Damborgson, what are you teaching these people in your vids?? 🤣🤣🤣

https://ibb.co/WnvT24J
https://ibb.co/B4F47Hd

juggernaut74
Colossus.

StiltmanFTW
The only thing Colossus has is Pr

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

-Pr-
And I'll never leave him at the altar either.

Philosophía
Well well well well

https://i.ibb.co/PM4YDq5/16.jpg

Well

abhilegend
Bump

juggernaut74
Colossus.

Stronger, more durable, better fighter, he's Russian etc.

StiltmanFTW
he's Russian

Which means less than nothing, as the whole world has been witnessing for a year and a half.

ODG
I always thought they were peers but I cannot deny that Thing appears to have gotten a push.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.