Farcry: Primal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
LJ2iH57Fs3M

Smasandian
I don't want to be cynical but it's just a fresh coat of paint.

A Far Cry must include:

a. something to do with outposts.
b. hunting animals for weapons
c. something to do with fire
d. there always a tribe involved.

If this was Far Cry 4, I would be all over it but this is fourth identical game. I think the series needs a break and adding wholly mammoths isn't going to change it.

Kazenji
Same goes for their Assassin Creed games at this point

i get that i might sound the same as the previous game but its more how its done/Implemented.

KingD19
With this being set during the Stone Age...does that mean there will be no story? Just...surviving and growing?

Kazenji
There might be a story, Ubisoft of course keeping it all secret

Estacado
Wonder how will this turn out....mmm

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
Same goes for their Assassin Creed games at this point

i get that i might sound the same as the previous game but its more how its done/Implemented.

I agree. In most cases, it is how it's implemented but from the "feature" list above, it sounds like every other Far Cry game.

I loved Far Cry 3. And when I got Blood Dragon on sale, I was like, "this is going to be awesome".

But it wasn't. I can understand why people would love it but it played exactly the same as Far Cry 3.

But this looks like repaint again. Or at least a mod. Nothing really new and it's probably going to play like all other Ubisoft open world games.

Arachnid1
I enjoyed both Far Cry 3 and 4, and did almost everything there was to do in both games. I will agree that they need to evolve the series somehow though. The formula is getting old.

Also, this seems like it will be stripped down. The only long range weapons we'll have is a bow/arrow and a spear. All the customization/weapon choices from previous games will be gone. I wonder how they'll make up for that.

Smasandian
Hmm, if that's the case, the only thing I really liked was the ability to snipe people in outposts from cliffs and stuff.

Kazenji
Give me the bow over the sniper rifles.

Smasandian
I liked both.

But it's nothing new. The last 4 Far Cry games had a bow or crossbow in it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.