Navy SEAL threatened by ISIS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Star428
The retired Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden has been targeted by ISIS after a British ISIS supporter released the name and address of the SEAL:

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines-2015/navy-seal-threatened-by-isis-responds-as-any-patriot-would-video

The hero doesn't seem too worried in the short video. Course he is a former SEAL, afterall, and we all know how badass they are. thumb up

No one ****s with U.S. Navy SEALs. NO ONE. They're the baddest badasses on the planet. I can't wait to read about some ISIS coward being gutted or something worse because he stupidly thought he could kill a SEAL.

StyleTime
He's obviously an exceptional combatant, but I doubt any ISIS follower is going to challenge him to an honorable duel.

I think he's using the right strategy though. He's got FBI agents and local law enforcement collaborating with him, so there is an added layer of security. Must suck having that thought in the back of your head though.

Surtur
Yeah you hit the nail on the head when you said "coward". Cowards tend not to fight fairly, and terrorists are some of the biggest cowards in existence. They have no problem recruiting kids to do their dirty work or blowing themselves up for their "cause".

I'd be curious about how this British ISIS supporter got ahold of this information in the first place.

Star428
Who said anything about it being an "honorable duel"? Navy SEALs are trained to have heigthened senses. I'd like to see an ISIS coward try to sneak up on him. Probably the only way they would be able to kill him is to sacrifice themselves in some sort of suicide bombing or perhaps snipe him from far away but now that he's aware of the threat I don't see that happening.

StyleTime
The honorable duel part was a joke, but I believe those scenarios you presented are more likely. ISIS and their supporters wouldn't want to give an elite operative, from any organization, a chance to retaliate.

Honestly, I'm hoping to hear about him or the FBI wrecking someone just like you are. I'm just also keeping a realistic amount of concern for him too.

NemeBro
edit

vansonbee
Originally posted by NemeBro
edit Couldn't a seal go straight for the fighters jugular and end the fight? Unless you're restricting them inside the MMA ring rules.

or something? nvm edit

StyleTime
Super Edit.

NemeBro
I decided not to troll Star and you jerks don't let me.

Ushgarak, ban these people.

To answer your question though, no, the average SEAL is more likely to lose his own jugular to a professional MMA fighter.

Someone who part-times in fighting hand to hand isn't going to beat someone 100% dedicated to it. They've forgotten more about fighting than a SEAL has learned.

Bardock42
I decided not to troll Star and you jerks don't let me.

Ushgarak, ban these people.

To answer your question though, no, the average SEAL is more likely to lose his own jugular to a professional MMA fighter.

Someone who part-times in fighting hand to hand isn't going to beat someone 100% dedicated to it. They've forgotten more about fighting than a SEAL has learned.

Don't you think that fighting for sports teaches a style of fighting that's optimized for the rules?

I think there could be an argument made that a fighter trained to only hit someone a lot with their fists, or a fighter taught to get their opponent to "give up", would lose to a fighter trained to kill swiftly, if it was a fight to the death.

Star428
LOL. I can't believe people are actually debating who'd win between an MMA sports fighter and a highly trained Navy SEAL. SEALs are trained killers. They're the best of the best. MMA fighters fight for sport. Honestly, in a real fight to the death without rules the MMA fighter wouldn't last long against a seasoned SEAL. Even if MMA fighting is actually real (I'm suspicious) and not fake like wrestling is they still don't have to go thru nearly as intensive training as SEALs do.

Besides, this is going off topic, anyway.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Bardock42
Don't you think that fighting for sports teaches a style of fighting that's optimized for the rules?

I think there could be an argument made that a fighter trained to only hit someone a lot with their fists, or a fighter taught to get their opponent to "give up", would lose to a fighter trained to kill swiftly, if it was a fight to the death. I think that most of the fighters in MMA are trained in real styles with real practical applications, and that most of the "kill swiftly" techniques taught to SEALS know the same kill moves, but don't use them in competition.

Also, lol at "trained to only hit someone a lot with their fists", lol. What do you think soldiers learn in their hand to hand combat classes? It's mixed martial arts.

In a real fight, the SEAL just has to hope that the MMA fighter lets him pass out or that it's not to the death. Because all they'd have to do is not let go once he passes out and strangle him to death. thumb up

Surprisingly, fighters who are trained solely to fight are better fighters than people who aren't.

Bardock42
I think that most of the fighters in MMA are trained in real styles with real practical applications, and that most of the "kill swiftly" techniques taught to SEALS know the same kill moves, but don't use them in competition.

Also, lol at "trained to only hit someone a lot with their fists", lol. What do you think soldiers learn in their hand to hand combat classes? It's mixed martial arts.

Well in the sense that it's martial arts...and a mix of those. It's not the same training as MMA fighters though....

Mindset
Someone please post the navy seal meme.

StyleTime
Well in the sense that it's martial arts...and a mix of those. It's not the same training as MMA fighters though....
No, it's the same. The military doesn't hide that fact.

Also, I really wish this hadn't got derailed. The point was that this SEAL is a human.

Bardock42
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combatives

"One of the fundamental aspects of Modern Army Combatives training is the use of competitions as a tool to motivate Soldiers to train. Realizing the inherent problem with competitive systems, that competitors will focus their training on winning and therefore only train the techniques that are allowed in competition, Larsen designed a system of graduated rules that, combined with scenario based training, demand that Soldiers train on all aspects of fighting."

It seems like this is talking about exactly the issue, that a rule based system gets hacked, and the fighters are optimised for the rules not reality.

And of course SEALs are human, like every other human. It's awful that ISIS is targeting him, but there's not much to discuss, is there?

StyleTime
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combatives

"One of the fundamental aspects of Modern Army Combatives training is the use of competitions as a tool to motivate Soldiers to train. Realizing the inherent problem with competitive systems, that competitors will focus their training on winning and therefore only train the techniques that are allowed in competition, Larsen designed a system of graduated rules that, combined with scenario based training, demand that Soldiers train on all aspects of fighting."

It seems like this is talking about exactly the issue, that a rule based system gets hacked, and the fighters are optimised for the rules not reality.

And of course SEALs are human, like every other human. It's awful that ISIS is targeting him, but there's not much to discuss, is there?
That seems like a reference to their training to use improvised weapons, and try and get to their personal weapons. The things they actually describe are all things you find in MMA, aside from the weapons centered training. It's also important to note that different organizations have different rulesets, MMA fighters are typically versed in things beyond an organization's limits, and most of these things still work outside of the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yJ_-urZxY

There's plenty of videos and documents detailing military martial arts programs, like the one above. Aside from weapons training, it's all stuff you'd find at an MMA/combat oriented gym.

Surtur
Originally posted by Star428
LOL. I can't believe people are actually debating who'd win between an MMA sports fighter and a highly trained Navy SEAL. SEALs are trained killers. They're the best of the best. MMA fighters fight for sport. Honestly, in a real fight to the death without rules the MMA fighter wouldn't last long against a seasoned SEAL. Even if MMA fighting is actually real (I'm suspicious) and not fake like wrestling is they still don't have to go thru nearly as intensive training as SEALs do.

Besides, this is going off topic, anyway.

Of course they don't go through as intensive of training..the SEALS are trained to do more then just fight hand to hand.

As for MMA you realize it is real right? They certainly borrowed some tricks from wrestling when it comes to promotion, but it's real. Also for me wrestling isn't fake..rather the outcomes are just predetermined.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Surtur
Of course they don't go through as intensive of training..the SEALS are trained to do more then just fight hand to hand.

As for MMA you realize it is real right? They certainly borrowed some tricks from wrestling when it comes to promotion, but it's real. Also for me wrestling isn't fake..rather the outcomes are just predetermined.

Well, it is "real", but it is also a competitive sport that needs to be relatively safe and doesn't allow a lot of very effective techniques you would apply in real life because of that.

Surtur
Well yeah I wasn't saying it would help them in street fight, just that it is not like wrestling. Wrestling is sports entertainment whereas the MMA fights are just a sport that happens to be entertaining.

Bardock42
Cool, I think we are on the same page then.

StyleTime
Depends on how 'Murikan you are sir. uhuh
Well, it is "real", but it is also a competitive sport that needs to be relatively safe and doesn't allow a lot of very effective techniques you would apply in real life because of that.
Well yeah I wasn't saying it would help them in street fight, just that it is not like wrestling. Wrestling is sports entertainment whereas the MMA fights are just a sport that happens to be entertaining.
But...it would...and has helped in street fights.

Seriously, the "ring only" techniques are pretty few and far between. I can name a few if you'd like.

Bardock42
The problem aren't the ring only techniques, the problem are the street only techniques.

Surtur
People in street fights don't always fight fair and sometimes they will use weapons.

StyleTime
People in street fights don't always fight fair and sometimes they will use weapons.
Right, but we're talking hand to hand here.
The problem aren't the ring only techniques, the problem are the street only techniques.
Yes, those same techniques the MMA fighters can also use, except they have years of experience, athleticism, and tons of other combat tested techniques at their disposal.

The early days of MMA didn't really have rules either, and it was the same shit. Turns out punching people in the face is just plain effective.

Bardock42
Yeah, they have years of training not using those techniques...in fact training to avoid them so they don't get disqualified...

StyleTime
Or they simply don't use them in competition. Most of these guys and girls come from other disciplines, and have in fact been disqualified when an old habit kicks in. Their training encompasses more than you think it does, being martial artists and all.

I'm sure those five bouncers Alistair Overeem sent to the hospital thought he couldn't street fight either.

Mindset
I could kick all their asses. erm

StyleTime
You're one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy though. Doesn't change the discussion any.

Mindset
I train Navy Seals though.

StyleTime
Well, it's great that you gifted our military with MMA. You saved a lot of lives.

Star428
Originally posted by StyleTime
No, it's the same. The military doesn't hide that fact.

WTF?! You think MMA fighters go thru the same intensive training as SEALs do? You're even more nuts than I thought u were. That's one of the most laughable things you've ever posted (and you've posted a lot). If u really think that then I'll have a hard time believing anything else you post. The only group on the planet that could give SEALs a serious challenge would be British SAS and, perhaps, DELTA force. MMA fighters are a joke next to Navy SEALs or any other U.S. special forces, for that matter.

FFS dude, MMA fighters fight to entertain people. SEALs kill like it's part of breathing. They do it to protect the interests of the United States. Trained to be the elite of the elite. This isn't even close.

I'm starting to suspect that perhaps you're just trolling at this point.

Star428
Originally posted by StyleTime
Depends on how 'Murikan you are sir. uhuh

But...it would...and has helped in street fights.

Not against a SEAL it wouldn't. SEALs are among the most efficient killers on the planet. MMA fighters aren't even in their league other than fighting for pure entertainment value.

StyleTime
WTF?! You think MMA fighters go thru the same intensive training as SEALs do? You're even more nuts than I thought u were. That's one of the most laughable things you've ever posted (and you've posted a lot). If u really think that then I'll have a hard time believing anything else you post. The only group on the planet that could give SEALs a serious challenge would be British SAS and, perhaps, DELTA force. MMA fighters are a joke next to Navy SEALs or any other U.S. special forces, for that matter.

FFS dude, MMA fighters fight to entertain people. SEALs kill like it's part of breathing. They do it to protect the interests of the United States. Trained to be the elite of the elite. This isn't even close.

I'm starting to suspect that perhaps you're just trolling at this point.
I was strictly talking about hand to hand training. Not their combat training in general. Obviously, SAS/SEALS/DELTA/whoever are better at being soldiers.
Not against a SEAL it wouldn't. SEALs are among the most efficient killers on the planet. MMA fighters aren't even in their league other than fighting for pure entertainment value.
Not as soldiers no. As martial artists? They absolutely are.

This is silly. It doesn't mean SEALS aren't badasses just because Jon Jones or Chris Weidman might beat them in a fight. It would be downright silly to waste time turning soldiers into martial arts gods when you could be teaching them to shoot and strategize.

Star428

Is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FRvAKdhxhQ

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1768667-mayhem-miller-ufc-is-fake-and-its-run-by-an-insecure-chunky-golf-player

Bottom line is MMA fighters, just like wrestlers you see in WWF or some other wrestling organization on tv, are entertainers. SEALs are highly trained efficient killers. Even just using their hands and feet this isn't close. They don't need guns or knives to beat people who fight for purely entertainment value. While an MMA fighter is using fancy looking moves that "look cool" on tv the SEAL won't **** around and will go straight for the kill.

FinalAnswer
Lol Mayhem Miller. What a clown.

NemeBro
Well yeah I wasn't saying it would help them in street fight, just that it is not like wrestling. Wrestling is sports entertainment whereas the MMA fights are just a sport that happens to be entertaining. I'm sure being much stronger, tougher, and faster while having far better technical skill doesn't help in a street fight at all.

Frankly, professional wrestlers could probably also beat the average SEAL in a fist fight, due largely to their much greater average size, strength, and athleticism.

MMA fighters are overkill. They have much of that while also being considerably more technically skilled.

Ken Shamrock actually has trained soldiers in hand to hand, for example.

Robtard
LoL @ "Navy SEALS can beat up anyone in a fistfight".

long pig
Originally posted by vansonbee
Couldn't a seal go straight for the fighters jugular and end the fight? Unless you're restricting them inside the MMA ring rules.

or something? nvm edit
laughing out loud
ADD?

-Pr-
MMA is entertaining? Really?

Star428
LOL. Yes, really.

-Pr-
Maybe they showed something different on TV when I lived in Canada, then...

One Big Mob
People realize there's Navy Seals in MMA right? Not one considered the best of their weightclass or even close. In fact...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Wolff

That being said of course if you allow throat grabbing and nut punches that opens up ways to win but it also allows the fighter to do it too. And I have my doubts any SEAL would beat even current Wandy in a no rules match.

jaden101
This thread is teeth shatteringly cringeworthy

Star428
Whatever. No one is making you read it or reply are they? So what's your problem with it? You don't like it then report it. IF Ush feels same way u do then I"m sure he'll close it.

GodBotherer101
Whatever. No one is making you read it or reply are they? So what's your problem with it? You don't like it then report it. IF Ush feels same way u do then I"m sure he'll close it.

My hat is off to you Whirly, this Star428 character you have created is the funniest troll ever.

-AJ

jaden101

The fact that you morons have turned a serious issue into 12 year old's argument of "who'd win in a fight...a navy seal or a MMA fighter"

Hilarious stuff. Embarrassing.

Bardock42
Originally posted by jaden101
The fact that you morons have turned a serious issue into 12 year old's argument of "who'd win in a fight...a navy seal or a MMA fighter"

Hilarious stuff. Embarrassing.

Embarrassing....or AWESOME????

snowdragon

Awesome if you made the fight in a ring filled with jello and sporks to the death!

Seals train to kill not "fight" per say like an mma guy, there have been guys that left special ops (not just seals) to do mma and have done well but I've never seen one get to the top of the mma food chain.

Newjak
This is a crazy thread. I think the big thing we need to talk about is that someone is being threatened. A human very killable person. I mean the Navy Seal is trained for this so they have a statistically better chance of being prepared to handle an encounter than the average joe but that doesn't make him immortal. Hopefully this is just grandstanding because if an organization with enough resources and connections want you dead it is hard to counter that unless you have the same type of resources and connections backing you.

For the rest of discussion it's silly. You have to look at the individual context of the situation. For one thing there are a huge range of different mma fighters falling under different skill levels while Seals are elite forces in the military. There are also black belts that have never sparred a person in there life in true full speed contact. The same token there are some crazy mma fighters out there that put themselves through the grind day in and day out perfecting their combat skills.

I would say we took comparable people from the military and mma with similar experiences and years of training I would most likely pick the mma fighter simply because they are going to focus and practice more on H2H over that time frame than the military person would.

This notion of killing moves making a difference is silly. It's like saying people from the street have the advantage because they do no holds barred fighting. It doesn't matter how rough your experience is if you are up against someone that has trained to effectively break your body in the most quick manner available to them.

Star428
It's "crazy". Sure thing, lib. Whatever u say, dude. You lost my attention as soon as u said that.

Newjak
It's "crazy". Sure thing, lib. Whatever u say, dude. It is a crazy thread. It's crazy because this guy is being threatened and you are turning this into him being an action movie hero and turning the seals into unbeatable forces of destruction. Which is not true.

They are well trained human beings that can be killed just like the rest of us especially if they are taken off guard or are not equipped for the situation they find themselves in.

Robtard
Originally posted by Newjak
It is a crazy thread. It's crazy because this guy is being threatened and you are turning this into him being an action movie hero and turning the seals into unbeatable forces of destruction. Which is not true.

They are well trained human beings that can be killed just like the rest of us especially if they are taken off guard or are not equipped for the situation they find themselves in.

'There is no greater level of American than a Navy SEAL and they're unbeatable!!!!1!'

This is the level of intelligence you're dealing with here, just an FYI in case you didn't know.

Ionceknewu
LOL. Yes, really.

Like Star428 or Whirly as he prefers to be called on other sites said Navy Seals are tough. They are like T1000's who cares if this guy has been threatened they all have righteous precog and will anticipate being attacked. You've seen Rambo? Well Navy Seals are tougher. 5 Navy seals could have won in Vietnam and Afghanistan.

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
'There is no greater level of American than a Navy SEAL and they're unbeatable!!!!1!'

This is the level of intelligence you're dealing with here, just an FYI in case you didn't know. Fair enough.

StyleTime
Bottom line is MMA fighters, just like wrestlers you see in WWF or some other wrestling organization on tv, are entertainers. SEALs are highly trained efficient killers. Even just using their hands and feet this isn't close. They don't need guns or knives to beat people who fight for purely entertainment value. While an MMA fighter is using fancy looking moves that "look cool" on tv the SEAL won't **** around and will go straight for the kill.
Meh. You can be a fighter and an entertainer simultaneously. Odd that you called them flashy though, as most MMA critics say it's boring. The problem with the SEAL going for the kill is the MMA fighter will be able to stop it, due to training constantly in hand to hand.
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Lol Mayhem Miller. What a clown.
thumb up
I'm sure being much stronger, tougher, and faster while having far better technical skill doesn't help in a street fight at all.

Frankly, professional wrestlers could probably also beat the average SEAL in a fist fight, due largely to their much greater average size, strength, and athleticism.

MMA fighters are overkill. They have much of that while also being considerably more technically skilled.

Ken Shamrock actually has trained soldiers in hand to hand, for example.
thumb up

I still remember having to convince some people here that the military trained grappling techniques at all, and now that that is established they're throwing this "but the ruleset!" nonesense around. It's the same bs logic that led to people believing the in the "mystical far east" styles of the past. It's essentially screaming "but Jason Bourne is real! I know he is!"

And true, pro wrestlers are still phenomenal athletes and often have formal training in wrestling, and sometimes other styles. They'd trash a lot of people in a fight.
Originally posted by One Big Mob
People realize there's Navy Seals in MMA right? Not one considered the best of their weightclass or even close. In fact...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Wolff

That being said of course if you allow throat grabbing and nut punches that opens up ways to win but it also allows the fighter to do it too. And I have my doubts any SEAL would beat even current Wandy in a no rules match.
thumb up

There's several military people who went into MMA, yet people are actually claiming the military isn't teaching the same shit or that this stuff doesn't work.

StyleTime
thumb upOriginally posted by Star428
It's "crazy". Sure thing, lib. Whatever u say, dude. You lost my attention as soon as u said that.
This isn't a liberal vs conservative thing. It's brought you and Bardock42 close together in fact. You're practically BFF's now! big grin

Ol' Shellhead
Didn't see this thread! Damn! Navy Seals can be bullied and can be gay!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3179568/The-CIA-abandoned-Afghan-desert-gay-Ex-Navy-SEAL-says-bullied-cruel-agents-changed-callsign-Gay-Gay.html

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Robtard

This is the level of intelligence you're dealing with here, just an FYI in case you didn't know.

laughing out loud

Star428
Originally posted by Ol' Shellhead
Didn't see this thread! Damn! Navy Seals can be bullied and can be gay!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3179568/The-CIA-abandoned-Afghan-desert-gay-Ex-Navy-SEAL-says-bullied-cruel-agents-changed-callsign-Gay-Gay.html

Which just goes to show that anything is possible!

....except for Hilldog (or any other dumbocrat) winning next years election, of course. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.