Undertale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FinalAnswer
http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/

I'm surprised Nephthys hasn't been sperging about this game at all tbh.

NemeBro
It's probably one of the best games I've ever played with one of, possibly the best storylines and cast of characters I've seen in an RPG.

Go get it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/

I'm surprised Nephthys hasn't been sperging about this game at all tbh.

Alas I'm too much of a tightwad to buy anything not on sale but I am very interested in this. It's the big sensation right now. I'll probably buy it after I get through my backlog regardless. Avoiding spoilers is getting tricky tho.

FinalAnswer
Tell me your steam account and I'll buy it for you fam. I don't think I could stand any soul having Undertale spoiled for them.

Nephthys
Wow, thanks. You really don't have to, but I'm not gonna refuse or anything. That's really ****ing nice of you.

Which name do you need? I think it's exodus17 in my profile but it says nephthys2 in the corner.

FinalAnswer
enjoy pupper

NemeBro
Make sure you don't have a bad time, unless you want to.

mechagoomba
ur welcome

Tzeentch
It doesn't even have Troy Baker voicing the protagonist in it/10 tbh imo smh

FinalAnswer
Actually it does.

Nephthys
Man, Papyrus kicked my ass. I think my jump was wonky, I couldn't get over those bone humps.

FinalAnswer
You're in the dog house now.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Man, Papyrus kicked my ass. I think my jump was wonky, I couldn't get over those bone humps. Have you spared everyone so far?

Nephthys
Yep.

The Undyne fight was great. She kicked my ass over and over too. So far Washua's are the hardest enemies by far.

Nephthys
Man, pacifism is haaard. sad

FinalAnswer
Get determined.

Also where are you?

Nephthys
Asgore

FinalAnswer
Rip

NemeBro
Man, pacifism is haaard. sad The No Mercy run is harder.

Nephthys
Wait a second....

If Alphys can make a jetpack in like 2 seconds, why can't the monsters just fly out of the hole Frisk fell into?

Also I finished the game and it's like, easily one of the best I've ever played.

FinalAnswer
Did you get the True Pacifist ending?

NemeBro
Wait a second....

If Alphys can make a jetpack in like 2 seconds, why can't the monsters just fly out of the hole Frisk fell into?

Also I finished the game and it's like, easily one of the best I've ever played. It's explained that anything can get inside the barrier, but nothing can get out.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Did you get the True Pacifist ending?

Yes. And I'm not getting any other endings.

FinalAnswer
Yes. And I'm not getting any other endings.

Good man.

Nephthys
This is scary good honestly. It fits bizarrely well.

And this is just awesome.

FinalAnswer

Holy **** how do the lyrics fit so well?

NemeBro
Yes. And I'm not getting any other endings. Have you looked up anything for the Genocide run, even if you're not going to complete it?

Nephthys
I'm too much of a pussy to look up the character deaths but I did watch the Sans fight which is utterly bonkers and then stuck with it until the end with Chara being satan. I think I know everything about the game through the internet by now This game has an incredible amount of lore considering everything about it.

Nephthys
Also Frisk is totally Chara's reanimated body. That is my 100% original theory, do not steal.

FinalAnswer
Frisk is Chara's soul after being infused with the kindness from Asriel's soul.

Nemesis X
Undertale coming to the PS4 and Vita! Hyped!

cph6XMXRKzY

cdtm
Sort of a pointless port, when literally any computer system made in the last 20 years can play the thing.

I'm talking as a guy who games it on an integrated Intel card, which struggles with such graphical powerhouses as "Super Meat Boy" and "Mark of the Ninja" wink

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Sort of a pointless port, when literally any computer system made in the last 20 years can play the thing.

I'm talking as a guy who games it on an integrated Intel card, which struggles with such graphical powerhouses as "Super Meat Boy" and "Mark of the Ninja" wink Try a PC that struggles with Jedi Academy and KOTOR, games from 2003.

cdtm
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Try a PC that struggles with Jedi Academy and KOTOR, games from 2003.

*Raises hand*

At least on Jedi Academy. The thing lags even with Aero turned off, vsync disabled, and rocking 1200x720/800 res.

Playing f'n Shogo lag free made me squee with joy.

cdtm
So, I'm stuck at Asgore. For awhile now.

Been trying to do a pacifist "no items/armor" run which hasn't been easy, but made it this far. I'd hate to ruin it by giving in and using healing stuff/temmy armor.

It's that damned helix attack.. I just can't figure it out. Seems totally random, how the lines pop out, and so far avoiding it has been luck.. Everything else is gravy by comparison.

cdtm
Man, Papyrus kicked my ass. I think my jump was wonky, I couldn't get over those bone humps.

I switch between Sony and MS controllers, depending on whether dpad (Undyne, mostly) or analog stick is needed.

Works pretty well.

Jmanghan
i cant wait till i get the money to play it on my vita.

cdtm
So, finished True Pacifist, and now I'm debating ever going Genocide.

Yeah, I know it's only a game, but all games involve some roleplay, and I'm not sure I "want" to reset everything and destroy it.

Honestly, the TPE is absolutely perfect. Fantastic final boss, fantastic experience from start to finish.

I will say Undyne and Undying and Sans look like absolutely awesome boss fights, though. (Am assuming this much info is common knowledge at this point, so won't be spoiling.)

Aside from having sweet music, there's something appealing about being the monster against the hero for a change..

Jmanghan

And this is just awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2mTK1iuGqY

Jmanghan
So, finished True Pacifist, and now I'm debating ever going Genocide.

Yeah, I know it's only a game, but all games involve some roleplay, and I'm not sure I "want" to reset everything and destroy it.

Honestly, the TPE is absolutely perfect. Fantastic final boss, fantastic experience from start to finish.

I will say Undyne and Undying and Sans look like absolutely awesome boss fights, though. (Am assuming this much info is common knowledge at this point, so won't be spoiling.)

Aside from having sweet music, there's something appealing about being the monster against the hero for a change..

Now you can watch Glitchtale, the series widely considered to be the official continuation of the Undertale series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCzDrlnOYY0

The characters are well-represented, the fight scenes are awesome, and it has the conclusion to the series everyone is happy with.

cdtm
I'll check it out.

Toby Fox keeps telling people to stop bothering him about it. laughing out loud

cdtm
So tell me, who went genocide route just to fight Undyne the Undying and Sans, then aborted?

cdtm
Up to episode 4, Glitchtake looks promising.

Honestly, I don't think Toby Fox would like it much. Sans is putting in way too much effort for a lazy guy, and Chara vs Frisk is kind of missing the point, in that it's the player who push's both of them.

Still a pretty awesome concept, for what it is.

cdtm
So, post Genocide route question: Does the photo of Chara and the crossed out faces mean everyone dies at the end of true Pacifist? Or is it just the game taunting you with "Remember this? Yeah, that still happened."

Jmanghan
So, post Genocide route question: Does the photo of Chara and the crossed out faces mean everyone dies at the end of true Pacifist? Or is it just the game taunting you with "Remember this? Yeah, that still happened." It means everyone dies, yeah.

Sorry sad

Chara has control over your soul so she can do whatever she wants with it and obviously no one is strong enough to stop her, even when Frisk was around she couldn't take Chara.

cdtm
Guess it's aborted genocide of bust then.

Tbh, I think I can safely say I have nothing to prove, since I deliberately took the most difficut path through neutral. No healing items (Only broke that for the butterscotch pie, because it's themeatically appropriate, dammit!) No armor changes.

Including refusing to accept a pass on Papyrus. I was going to beat him, no matter what.

And he was both the most fun I had with a boss, and the hardest. But that "congratulations" from the Annoying Dog/Toby Fox made it all worth it. smile

Jmanghan
Up to episode 4, Glitchtake looks promising.

Honestly, I don't think Toby Fox would like it much. Sans is putting in way too much effort for a lazy guy, and Chara vs Frisk is kind of missing the point, in that it's the player who push's both of them.

Still a pretty awesome concept, for what it is. Well, if you played through the Genocide route, and payed attention to Flowey and Sans, you'll know Sans isn't just some "lazy guy", he's put in a lot of effort in the past to save the underground.

Chara vs Frisk was in the original game, not gonna tell ya when though.

cdtm
Chara and Frisk share the same body, so kind of hard for them to fight.

I've seen the genocide route. Sans only fights when everythings about to be destroyed. Outside of that, you can all the main monsters, and even his brother, and he won't do more then send you a phone call telling you to go to hell.

Jmanghan
Chara and Frisk share the same body, so kind of hard for them to fight.

I've seen the genocide route. Sans only fights when everythings about to be destroyed. Outside of that, you can all the main monsters, and even his brother, and he won't do more then send you a phone call telling you to go to hell.

If you talk to Flowey during a certain part in the game, he'll tell you how Sans thrawted his plans in the past and how Sans "caused quite a few of his resets in the past."

At the end of the Genocide Route, Chara and you become a seperate entity, you each have your own body.

Eventually Chara kills you "Frisk", but offers you a chance at redemption, which gets you the corrupted Pacifist Ending.

Besides, Glitchtale is literally well... a glitch in the timeline, due to many resets over time, Frisk has caused corruptions in the timeline which releases Chara.

Sans, in the glitched Timeline, somehow remembers everything you've done, while in the game he can only hint at what's happened in other playthrough's.

Frisk IS the player, though these are things you probably already know.

FinalAnswer
You are not Frisk, this is made abundantly clear when Flowey addresses you at the end of the True ending. Frisk is a person with his own personality and feelings, it is entirely the player that forces him to murder, this also being what corrupts Chara.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.