HIV/AIDS Vaccine Enters Human Trials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Digi
http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-aids-vaccine-20151007-story.html

Apparently this research has received a significant amount of funding from Bill & Melinda Gates, stemming from their philanthropic work in Africa.

So this means we're probably only a few short years away from being able to have carefree sodomy to our heart's content. Which, I assume, will be something of a watershed moment for KMC, whose Gomorrah-like tendencies are well-documented.

Baiting aside (it was a joke, for clarity; I don't endorse sodomy, only tasteful beastiality), this was/is interesting news to me. Scientific progress with things like this is usually measured in inches, not miles, so we may be a ways off despite some promising developments so far. But it's undoubtedly progress, and is encouraging to see.

Some quick Google searches will yield statistics and other facts about the situation and need. The aforementioned Gates Foundation has a lot of great info on the topic, for those interested in researching it further.
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/What-We-Do/Global-Health/HIV

Astner
A vaccine isn't more of a step towards a cure than anti-retroviral medicine is.

And according to the article it isn't too reliable either. But I like that they're considering progressing from monkeys to humans as test subjects. So before you know it we will be testing all kinds of drugs on people, just like in the glorious days of Nazi Germany! thumb up

No but seriously, hopefully this yields good results.

Bashar Teg
*waiting for backfire*

Q99
Bo-ya smile

One more weapon in the arsenal.

Digi
Originally posted by Astner
A vaccine isn't more of a step towards a cure than anti-retroviral medicine is.

No, unfortunately, but I'll take what advancements we can get. Even if there's nothing to be done for some, vaccinating against it for future generations in certain areas of the world would be good on a Biblical scale.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
*waiting for backfire*

biscuits

BackFire
I've been so heavily exposed to aids from my perversions that I've already developed natural resistances. But good for all you lesser life forms.

Q99
Originally posted by Digi
No, unfortunately, but I'll take what advancements we can get. Even if there's nothing to be done for some, vaccinating against it for future generations in certain areas of the world would be good on a Biblical scale.

To put it another way, this could quite possibly save more people than any of us have met or ever will met.

And if it doesn't, it'll only be because we gain something even better to use instead.

Robtard
Take that, "God's wrath on homosexuals".

Jokes aside, this is great news.

Genesis-Soldier
a vaccine is a good and all but given the mutation of the virus' between person to person how they have it 100% effective or generally effective would be interesting

Bashar Teg
Lets make it really expensive so that africans cant afford it.

Q99
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
a vaccine is a good and all but given the mutation of the virus' between person to person how they have it 100% effective or generally effective would be interesting

I gather it probably won't be, though it's a stepping stone to one that will be.

There's multiple ways to target vaccines, and this way will affect the common strains, but could be bypassed by new versions.

StyleTime
According to the article, it's supposed to affect all strains of HIV since it attacks parts of the surface proteins common to each one. That was a flaw in the previous vaccine candidates.

"Many other vaccine candidates have protected only against a narrow range of strains, researchers have said.

The institute's HIV vaccine targets parts of the surface proteins that the virus tries to hide. These parts are common in all strains of HIV. The virus only exposes them when it attacks a healthy cell.

It is hoped the antibodies produced by the new vaccine will bind to these parts and prevent infection."

I'm guessing the bigger question is if these new antibodies will actually hit the gym, lift hard, and crush these HIV clowns.

Digi
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier

Well that's the trick. The article obviously isn't a scientific journal, but it sounds like the vaccine isolates elements of the virus that remain steady, not the mutating elements.

Ah, StyleTime got it...

Originally posted by StyleTime
According to the article, it's supposed to affect all strains of HIV since it attacks parts of the surface proteins common to each one. That was a flaw in the previous vaccine candidates.

"Many other vaccine candidates have protected only against a narrow range of strains, researchers have said.

The institute's HIV vaccine targets parts of the surface proteins that the virus tries to hide. These parts are common in all strains of HIV. The virus only exposes them when it attacks a healthy cell.

It is hoped the antibodies produced by the new vaccine will bind to these parts and prevent infection."

I'm guessing the bigger question is if these new antibodies will actually hit the gym, lift hard, and crush these HIV clowns.

Emperordmb
How the **** do these "human trials" work?

StyleTime
With a jury of the HIV's peers.

Tzeentch
Not sure how I feel about this. Homosexuality is a sin and HIV/AIDS was God's selected form of natural punishment for choosing to commit degenerate acts like homosexuality. This seems like another man-made attempt to subvert God's authority and encourage degeneracy, just like abortions.

Bashar Teg
haha that was way funnier than when robtard did it. thumb up

Digi
Originally posted by StyleTime
With a jury of the HIV's peers.

Lol. I was trying to think of something similar, but didn't come up with it in time.

thumb up

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Not sure how I feel about this. Homosexuality is a sin and HIV/AIDS was God's selected form of natural punishment for choosing to commit degenerate acts like homosexuality. This seems like another man-made attempt to subvert God's authority and encourage degeneracy, just like abortions.

Someone's going to thumb up this.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Come now..God is more about raining down fire and brimstone or flooding the world as opposed to diseases.

Aids was obviously created by the government as a method to control the gay mafia.

Ascendancy
Sounds like this is a much more functional cure than the one being touted out of Germany I believe a few years ago. The issue with it was that while it would in theory be 100% effective, the treatment acted in a way that required extreme costs and worked directly on each individual patient.

Here's something that I've been following for a few years now:
http://www.xvivo.net/animation/zirus-antivirotics/

It will be interesting to see how many ways it's able to be applied if it pans out. It seems that the original company is defunct, but what they were researching seems viable, at least on the surface.

red g jacks
Originally posted by Robtard
Take that, "God's wrath on homosexuals".

Jokes aside, this is great news. that was a joke?

Genesis-Soldier
then in theory if the common protein shared between the virus is targeted then that should atleast cover 99% (if i am generous) of the virus. still with a mutating virus like HIV/AIDS it could always bounce back

Tattoos N Scars
All joking aside, God did not send out the AIDS virus the target homosexuality or any other forms of sexual immorality. If so, AIDS would have appeared many thousands of years ago. Homosexuality is not a recent phenomenon.

StyleTime
That's what the Illuminati wants you to think.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.