Should their be new 'Darths' in new canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
The old EU had a ton of lame sounding Darth names, sprinkled in with a few good ones. Should the NEU follow that tradition. As of right now, we have Bane, Plaugeis, Sidious, Maul, Tyrannus and Vader. Should their be more

NewGuy01
Preferably not. A few more at the most.

quanchi112
Sparingly.

Zenwolf
Ehh...I think it really should just end with Palps, that was kinda the whole point with his death and all. Plus it would be also a good way to introduce a new Force Using faction that oppresses the heroes and such. Who said the Sith had to be the only enemy of the Jedi?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ehh...I think it really should just end with Palps, that was kinda the whole point with his death and all. Plus it would be also a good way to introduce a new Force Using faction that oppresses the heroes and such. Who said the Sith had to be the only enemy of the Jedi? They should be given new enemies I agree but writing off the Sith forever isn't a good move.

Q99
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sparingly.

Agreed.

A few historical ones is fine.

Emperordmb
I'd say any in the Banite lineage.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by quanchi112
They should be given new enemies I agree but writing off the Sith forever isn't a good move.

Not saying forever, there are other eras to explore the Sith after all and even perhaps bringing back Sith spirits for a new Force User faction, something like that so the Sith would still be there, but they'd still be there and could perhaps affect the world via other means.

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd say any in the Banite lineage.

I'm also curious what pre-Banite is like in new Canon. What caused it's formation?

The Merchant
They're probably gunna base it off of Lucas's old notes where the Sith existed for 2000 years and was started by some rogue Jedi.

NewGuy01
Darth Ruin, Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, and Darth Vader are all we really need. Darth Revan might float around somewhere too, and that's fine. No more pls.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
I'm also curious what pre-Banite is like in new Canon. What caused it's formation?

The Hundred Year Darkness is mentioned as the origin of the Sith in one of the comics.

Anyway, the name "Darth" should be restricted to the Banite line with Darth Bane being the first. It should be less a title and more a name signifying their lineage from Bane.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
The Hundred Year Darkness is mentioned as the origin of the Sith in one of the comics.

Anyway, the name "Darth" should be restricted to the Banite line with Darth Bane being the first. It should be less a title and more a name signifying their lineage from Bane.

This too, I feel like the term/title Darth should be signifying the Bane line. Perhaps other Sith lines could have different titles?

FreshestSlice
That sounds stupid as ****. Unless Bane will be the founder of the Sith period, creating a "lineage" out of the title Darth is just making things unnecessarily complicated, especially with the "Perhaps other Sith lines could have different titles" part .

ares834
It's not complicated at all. It's basically a clan name.

Shit, we're getting something similar to this with Ren.

FreshestSlice
It's not "basically" a clan name. It's unneeded fluff for no reason. And it's not similar to the KoR at all, where literally every member of the Order does something, which was the entire idea you are against.

Revanchiste
Depend if they are cools... ANd not cheap fan service, if they make us think deeply...

Zenwolf
Chill Fresh, we just throwing around ideas.

ares834
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
It's not "basically" a clan name. It's unneeded fluff for no reason.

You do realize the entire EU is unneeded fluff. RIght?

And it's not similar to the KoR at all, where literally every member of the Order does something, which was the entire idea you are against.

Except it is similar in that it's a name members of the order take as their own.

chilled monkey

Wrong.

First the EU is very much needed since without it the PT makes no sense at all and even the OT has a few holes that need the EU to make clear.

For example consider this; going by the movies alone it is never explained what the Sith actually are. The movies never explain where the Sith came from, why they want revenge on the Jedi etc. Heck the word "Sith" isn't even spoken in the OT. The EU is essential to understand what the Sith are.

Another example, we need the EU to even know what an "Ewok" is since again, the word "Ewok" is NEVER spoken in ROTJ.

Second a lot of the EU material is better quality than any of the movies. Hardly "fluff."

FreshestSlice

You're implying I approve of most of the EU. I don't. However, comparing an entire story to a useless change in background info, and not particularly straining background info at that, is a stupid as renaming Korriban Moraband.

And how would that be any different if the pre-Banite Sith did the same, the cruch of your thinking is the title Darth should be something only Banite Sith use, because Bane just pulled that title out of nowhere?

The Merchant
We don't even need Sith tbh, most people just saw Vader as a Fallen Jedi Knight.

ares834
And how would that be any different if the pre-Banite Sith did the same, the cruch of your thinking is the title Darth should be something only Banite Sith use, because Bane just pulled that title out of nowhere?

No. I think it should be his actual name.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.