Can I get some help please!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zimbo
may be I'm dump or i just can't get it but If neo is 6th of his kind then why some people here on the forum saying
they think that asian guy(can't remember his name) was the one last time

Tex
What?

Dexx
'the one'-s are not the same person in that repeptitive cicle. What asian guy??...i thought the merovingian was assumed to be a former 'one'

zimbo
I ment Seraph by the asian guy.
If neo wasn't the one all last times then who was on the tv screens when neo met architect

Dexx
footage of himslef (occasionaly modiffied).
Seraph is a program...the protector of the oracle....

chico23
I think the T.V. screen represented the possible choices he could make.

Example:

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

The responses of the other Ones appear on the monitors: "You can't control me! **** you! I'm going to kill you! You can't make me do anything!*

Then Neo awnsers.

Neo - Choice. The problem is choice.

But, in this part they all answer the same.

The Architect - You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

The responses are Bulls**t!

Neo - Bull****.

The Architect - Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

I think that should explain it, but I would like to know what you guys think.

Tevesh
saraph could possibly be a former 'one' but i really doubt it. like dexx said, i believe he is a program and that's it. as for the french guy, he can't be a former 'one' because he says: "I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." or some such. does that mean he survived himself? of course not. AND if he were a former 'one' then why would have have renegade programs at his disposal? Wouldn't they be from the same time period (if hypothetically) when he was the one making him and them enemies?

too many contradictions. there's no way the french guy could be the one

Ushgarak
Well, some people like to say they arte the imprints from the Matrcised parts of the One left over... but that strikes me as vague nonsense. The previous Ones all died in the real world after starting new Zions.

jimmy986
i dont think the ones went to the real world.if they did the people of zion would know that there has been more than one "one".it was apparent that the people of zion did not know Neo is the 6th one so the previous one could not have been in the real world.important information like that would get passes on from generation to generation.i think the one was killed after picking the people to restart zion.maybe even reinserted into the matrix and forgetting what happened like cypher wanted in the first movie.

Tevesh
well, the 5th "one" Morpheus does refer to. he says that there was a man who could manipulate the matrix, and he was the man to free the first of us ( hackers). As for not knowing about ALL of the previous "ones" Neo says it himself, either no one knows or no one told him....chances are, the previous ones didn't know about their predacessors. Neo does though. This plus the fact that he wanted trinity to live may be why he chose the door not leading to the source

jimbo3
In other words the previous 'one' (man who could manipulate the matrix) is dead. The 'asian guy' is not a previous 'one'.

Ushgarak
Of course the Ones go to the real world! He chooses seven men and 16 women to re-build Zion and therefore HE is the eighth man for two women each. He frees those people, tells them of the Matrix, keeps the lie of the Prophecy going out of his desire to save humanity, and the cycle keeps on going, each new Zion thinking it is the first, being created by a One they think is the first, and waiting for the One to return.

Corran
So could the councillor guy be the previous one?

Dexx
i think the intervals of zion creation are bigger than a mear one generation, as long as the guy to just get a tad older

Ushgarak
I think people like Morpheus would know if that guy WAS the previous One. it is possible that that guy, when young, knew someone who DID know the last One, though.

turin
I dont know i thought the time intervals between zios would be much larger than that.

Ushgarak
Morpheus thought it was about two hundred years after 1999. The actual length of time since that Zion was set up cannot be more than about 150 years then because otherwise they would think it was after roughly 2199 (else people would be able to trace family lines dating back to before the 21st century which would make no sense to them because Zion did not exist then).

So let's say about 150 years, so if the Councillor is about 70 then when he was a child he could have known someone about 70 or older who knew that One. Stretching it a bit, though.

cookies2006
Its all good to me.

Tevesh
Yep...Ush is right, and also, Hammon (the councelor) said that he doesn't understand how Neo does the things he does in the matrix, so then that rules out Hammon being a previous one.

squarn
morpheus said that the man who could manipulate the matrix died but before he prophesied his return

as for the architect
maybe the architect was lying to neo trying to get him to do what would be considered morally right (save humanity by reuniting with the source) in order to save his and the rest of the machines own sorry behinds

Ushgarak
I think it is overcomplicating somewhat for the Architect to be lying. It's not impossible but I am reluctant to assume it.

eatingimpaired

Big_Diek
Jesus you guys...Check out the matrix timeline thread on the first page...The one's on the screen in the architects room are all the former ones...you can hear some of them say stuff like "The second" "4 before me" and stuff like that... they were neo's predecessors and the year the movies take place in is 2600. let me again repeat, because this pisses me off.... THERE ARE NO FORMER ONES THAT ARE ALIVE once the one enters the source the code he carries is disseminated into the source witch then reinserts the prime program, that allows him to choose the people. this also allows them to figure out the matrix and all of that good stuff so they can rebuild zion....

JediHDM
Big Diek> NO, the screens are choices that this iteration of the ONE could make regarding his conversation with the Architect. They are not the choices of previous ones, they are all the choices Neo is able to make, which is why, when neo makes a choice, we zoom in on one of the screens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.