Have we ever rated weapons/devices by tier?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
You know, trans, high/herald, street etc.?

Just wondering.
It'd probably be harder than doing characters.

Like:
Captain America shield

Batman utility belt

Spider-man web shooters

Thor hammer

Hercules mace

Brainiac 5 force field belt

A mother box

The ebony blade

The eye of agomotto

Those are just random picks. But being inanimate objects (more or less) how would you class them? Offense? Defense? Indestructibility? Variety of powers?
Any input will be appreciated.

Juk3n
God Crafted
--------------------
Celestial Tech / Various Magical Artefacts (interchangeable position wise ..maybe?)
--------------------
Universal Tech

Doom Tech

Reed Tech

Alien Tech Kree and such

Earthly Artefacts

Wakanda Tech

Stark Tech

Luthor Tech

Wayne Tech

?

Henry_Pym
Captain America shield- super durable, but isn't inherently useful (street)

Batman utility belt- some good gadgets, but again not great 99% of the time for just anyone

Spider-man web shooters- need super strength to use, but very useful if you can (mid-meta)

Thor hammer- if you're worth, you're now a HH.

Hercules mace- not sure on its usefulness to a normal person.

Brainiac 5 force field belt. You can now stall but without something else it's futile

A mother box- see Mjoinir

The ebony blade- great weapon, similar to Cap's shield

The eye of agomotto- see Mjoinir

Lanterns + Ring- see Mjoinir

riv6672
Thanks, both of you.
Interesting way to look at these things.

zopzop
Originally posted by Henry_Pym

The ebony blade- great weapon, similar to Cap's shield

Agree with your list except for this. It's in no way "street".

Like Captain America's shield, you can use it to deflect physical attacks. Unlike Captain America's shield you can use it to absorb and redirect energy attacks : mystic, power cosmic, etc.. up to at least Skyfather level.

The sword is powerful enough to wound and even kill extremely powerful beings up to at least Skyfather level.

The sword has more sinister properties if you give in to it's curse, see Bloodwraith.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Captain America shield, 12 durability, High Trans

Batman utility belt, 4, Low Meta

Spider-man web shooters, 6 High Meta

Thor hammer, 15, High Skyfather

Hercules mace, 13 Low Skyfather

Brainiac 5 force field belt, 12 High Trans

A mother box, 15 High Skyfather

The ebony blade, 14 Mid Skyfather as far as i know

The eye of agomotto, 14 Mid Skyfather as far as I know

Stoic
The Starbrand - High Herald - Sky Father: Depending on the user is what I'm going with until it is more thoroughly fleshed out. However the Starbrand is dependent on the users imagination. Limits are unknown.

Quantum Bands - Mid Herald - High Cosmic: Much like the Starbrand it has been seen to increase the power of even a High Herald being like the Silver Surfer, which granted him the power of a High Cosmic.

Uni Power - *See Starbrand* The Uni Power adds Cosmic Awareness to it's user but what differs between the Starbrand and the Uni Power is that the Uni Power is an aspect of the Enigma Force which was described to be the personification of the Universe. Power Level: High Herald - High Cosmic.

The Ultimate Nullifier - Universal threat level: This weapon can be as deadly to its user as it can be to its victim.

riv6672
Stoic, you and the Professor are giving me what i'd hoped for as to breakdowns.

I just have to figure out where things like WWs lasso/bracers, Surfer's board, and Ant man's helmet go...

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by riv6672
Stoic, you and the Professor are giving me what i'd hoped for as to breakdowns.

I just have to figure out where things like WWs lasso/bracers, Surfer's board, and Ant man's helmet go...

I would rank them either by how powerful the creator was or what max powerful being it can really hurt or be destroyed by.

CA Shield was broken by Skyfathers, thus i would rate it at High Trans levels. Mjolnir was broken by Abstracts and resisted Odin a Skyfather, so Skyfather etc.

WW Lasso would be Mid to High Skyfather imo.

Surfers board would be High Trans.

Ant Mans helmet, I don't know what it can do tbh, I would guess Mid Meta.

Sin I AM
Surfers board high trans?

Cosmic control rod: high trans, not only does it works like mjolnir without the worthiness hinge so youd need to keep it close or swallow it. Also controls the annihilation wave which gives u an expendable army at your beck n call.

Wreckers crow bar..: mjolnir light id place it at mid herald maybe high if it had a competant user

Helmut of nabu...trans but youre no longer yourself which sucks but it increases stats exponentially.

The Nuul
Where would Midnighter's battle pc go?

riv6672
^^^thats a good one.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by The Nuul
Where would Midnighter's battle pc go?

Mid meta kinda like spidermans precog

Scoobless
Originally posted by Stoic
Uni Power - *See Starbrand* The Uni Power adds Cosmic Awareness to it's user but what differs between the Starbrand and the Uni Power is that the Uni Power is an aspect of the Enigma Force which was described to be the personification of the Universe. Power Level: High Herald - High Cosmic.

But it's sentient, hardly an "object"

beatboks

Sin I AM
Has anyone mentioned the twilight sword? Nega bands, odinsword, excalibur, destroyer armor...theres an ass ton of weapons out there

Stoic
Originally posted by Scoobless
But it's sentient, hardly an "object"

Aren't the GL rings semi sentient as well? I guess that it would depend on a persons perspective as to what they believe that a weapon is. If I were to judge the Uni Power, I would call it a weapon. A very sophisticated one, but one all the same. What about Mother Boxes? Aren't they sentient?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroyer Construct - High Trans - Low Cosmic.

Aegis Armor - Low Cosmic/Mid Sky Father: The Aegis is one of the most powerful personal body armor's in comic history.

Iron Man Armor - High Meta - Mid Herald (depending on the suit)

X-O armor - Low Herald: Not sure if the X-O suit can be classified as a weapon? If so, I guess that the Venom symbiote has the right to also be classified as a weapon.

riv6672
Yeah, i'd say the Star Brand's an object/weapon, for my purposes anyway. Same as a mother box. I even said more or less inanimate objects in the OP, as i know some objects have a life of their own.

zopzop
@beatboks
The energy blast absorption has nothing to do with the Ebony Blade harming skyfathers.

It's already KILLED a skyfather and it never fired an energy blast. Seth, who had absorbed the power of his entire pantheon, was killed by Hogun hurling the Ebony Blade cursed Black Knight into him (Black Knight was unharmed btw).
http://s23.postimg.org/hs84tl57r/thor400_28_29b.jpg
Let's see Captain America's shield do that.

Time-Immemorial
Cosmic Armor>All

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Mid meta kinda like spidermans precog
Pretty sure others'd rank it higher; i've seen that thing used as an suto win on way too many sites.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Cosmic Armor>All

meep-meep
Aren't the GL rings semi sentient as well? I guess that it would depend on a persons perspective as to what they believe that a weapon is. If I were to judge the Uni Power, I would call it a weapon. A very sophisticated one, but one all the same. What about Mother Boxes? Aren't they sentient?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroyer Construct - High Trans - Low Cosmic.

Aegis Armor - Low Cosmic/Mid Sky Father: The Aegis is one of the most powerful personal body armor's in comic history.

Iron Man Armor - High Meta - Mid Herald (depending on the suit)

X-O armor - Low Herald: Not sure if the X-O suit can be classified as a weapon? If so, I guess that the Venom symbiote has the right to also be classified as a weapon.

What's the difference between trans and cosmic?

riv6672
I think on this site trans is above Surfer (power cosmic) below sky father.

Or something...huh

Stoic
Originally posted by meep-meep
What's the difference between trans and cosmic?

Well you have low cosmic characters that would extend from low herald to high herald (Nova corps - Silver Surfer). mid cosmic characters that range from low trans to low sky father (Morg WOL - Thanos), and high cosmic characters that range from mid sky father to low abstract which would range from Uatu (Mid SkyFather) - Phoenix (Low Abstract)

riv6672
^^^....-headache-

Stoic
^^^....-headache-

It is, but Galactus isn'y really a Sky Father but at certain levels can be challenged by them. Look at the Stranger. He is clearly a cosmic character. I'd place him in the Mid Cosmic bracket with Uatu. These characters aren't magical, but they can certainly give Zeus a fight. maybe the Sky Father tier should be dissolved in favor of the Cosmic scale, and where Odin would stack up to characters like Stranger, Uatu, Galactus, and Dark Phoenix. There are far more cosmics out there than there are Sky Fathers after all.

Sin I AM
Always considered this

Herald..trans. Sky...cosmic

Stoic
Always considered this

it's something that should be thought long and hard about. The reason for this, is because there are cosmic characters below Sky, and above Sky.If we don't change it there should be terms that are interchangeable. it's complicated, but the wide range of characters would be impossible to place in certain boxes if they didn't belong there.

meep-meep
Always considered this

Yeah. That's how I thought it was tiered.

meep-meep
it's something that should be thought long and hard about. The reason for this, is because there are cosmic characters below Sky, and above Sky.If we don't change it there should be terms that are interchangeable. it's complicated, but the wide range of characters would be impossible to place in certain boxes if they didn't belong there.

I'm picking up what you're putting down. It seems unnecessarily convoluted though. Just imo. I understand you though.

meep-meep
I think on this site trans is above Surfer (power cosmic) below sky father.

Or something...huh

Yeah. I was under the same assumption.

Genii96
ive always seen it as meta-herald-trans-skyfather-eldergod-cosmic.............though i occasionally just remove the elder god side

meep-meep
Originally posted by Genii96
ive always seen it as meta-herald-trans-skyfather-eldergod-cosmic.............though i occasionally just remove the elder god side

thumb up

Back to topic. Could the symbiote be considered a weapon considering it's sentience?

Genii96
symbiote is a sentinent organism..i wouldnt call it a weapon.....otherwise people like x23 on her trigger scent,etc would be considered weapons too?

Genii96
-cosmic level-great weapons of the universe...(i think there are 8 of them-UN,IG,CCu etc)
-trans-can be broken by skyfathers- cap's shield,
-skyfather level-mjonir,hades' helmet of invisibility,poseidon's trident,lasso,zeus' thunderbolt,namor/aquaman's trident

Stoic
I'm picking up what you're putting down. It seems unnecessarily convoluted though. Just imo. I understand you though.

I know what you mean. I don't even want to attempt to wrap my mind around it. I guess the old tier system should remain in play until someone comes up with something that really makes sense without the confusion. Perhaps Sky Father should be interchangeable though.

For example; Low Meta, Mid Meta, High Meta, Low Herald, Mid Herald, High Herald, Low Trans, Mid Trans, High Trans/Low Cosmic, for guys like Thanos, Darkseid, Mordru, Phoenix 5. Low Sky Father/Mid Cosmic, for guys like Uatu, Stranger, Synnar from Hardcore Station. High Sky Father/High Cosmic, for guys like Odin, Tyrant, Dark Phoenix, Average Galactus. Low Abstract/High Cosmic Plus/Elder God for guys like Rune King Thor, Franklin Richards, Galactus at well fed ranges, Micheal Korvak etc.

My point is that at a certain point things tend to become murky, and in order to represent all of the various powers, certain titles should be interchangeable.

Sin I AM
The power levels will always be fluid tho

Stoic
thumb up

Back to topic. Could the symbiote be considered a weapon considering it's sentience?

I would consider it as a Bio weapon, just like Tony's new symbiote tech armor, X-O Manawar armor, The Witchblade, Spawn's demonic suit, The Helmet of Nabu, etc. They all have a symbiotic relationship with these sentient items of power. Some are organic while others are cybernetic, or mystical.

The Power Gems are sentient as well from what i recall.

Stoic
The power levels will always be fluid tho

Very true.

riv6672
I would consider it as a Bio weapon, just like Tony's new symbiote tech armor, X-O Manawar armor, The Witchblade, Spawn's demonic suit, The Helmet of Nabu, etc. They all have a symbiotic relationship with these sentient items of power. Some are organic while others are cybernetic, or mystical.

I was thinking no on the symbiote because of what Genii said but, you make a great argument here. thumb up

Genii96
tony's armour is a biological weapon imbued with very little intelligence,just enough to understand and obey his commands and follow him.nabu's helmet just holds the consciousness of nabu,and allows him possess whoever wears it...the symbiote can move,interact and even communicate normally and other functions of normal organisms......plus most of those other ones were created through science or magic....and iirc,the symbiote actually comes from its own planet

riv6672
I hear you, but, it seems to function as a bio weapon more than a character. Which is fine with me.

Genii96
yea it does.

meep-meep

I think ghost riders chain falls into a similar category. It's pretty powerful as well. Maybe high meta, low herald tier.

Facee
Add Ronans universal weapon..

riv6672
I was hoping someone'd bring up Ghost Rider's chain and bike...

Stoic
I think ghost riders chain falls into a similar category. It's pretty powerful as well. Maybe high meta, low herald tier.

I was just thinking about those chains lol.

Originally posted by Genii96
tony's armour is a biological weapon imbued with very little intelligence,just enough to understand and obey his commands and follow him.nabu's helmet just holds the consciousness of nabu,and allows him possess whoever wears it...the symbiote can move,interact and even communicate normally and other functions of normal organisms......plus most of those other ones were created through science or magic....and iirc,the symbiote actually comes from its own planet

Venom and Carnage are a lot like X-O Manowar. I know that the Guyver units aren't Marvel or DC, but those units are also similar, and they were meant to be bio weapons.

Q99
Wonder Woman's bracers (pre-reboot)-

Durability- at *least* High Skyfather, never breached in the entirety of their run, taken attacks like the Shattered God, Omega Effect, and similar.

Offense- Once unlocked, lightning, lmid-herald offense (turned a Professor Ivo made android capable of taking herald level hits to dust, harmed a real god, killed the Themyscira island thing, but very short range).

Wonder Woman's tiara- Herald level offense. Has been used to decapitate gods, cut Superman, etc., but being thrown gives it limitations.

Normal Batarangs- Low Street

Stephanie Brown's special batarangs- (Goop, sonic, explosive, etc.) High Street

Tactigon- One-shotted Ultimo, called 'class 100' level. Apparently flexible. Mid herald at least.

Webshotters- High street. Flexible, disabling, but not all that hard to overcome unless used in large amounts.

ShadowFyre
Where would yall place All Black The Necrosword? It bumped a what appeared to be street level being up to roughly Odins level and bumped a Skyfather up to abstract level. It can create low herald level beings apparently by the millions,(black berserkers on every planet killing gods, some that wrestled black holes). I was thinking like a tier or so below the Infinity Gauntlet and things like that.

Genii96
^^^^something like that would be a tier below the IG/UN etc...imo....oh yea...sol's anvil..created by tony stark..dubbed oneshotted the entire armada of annihilus,kallark,etc

Stoic
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Where would yall place All Black The Necrosword? It bumped a what appeared to be street level being up to roughly Odins level and bumped a Skyfather up to abstract level. It can create low herald level beings apparently by the millions,(black berserkers on every planet killing gods, some that wrestled black holes). I was thinking like a tier or so below the Infinity Gauntlet and things like that.

I'd place it on the same level as the Power Gem. If Galactus had possession of the PG and was written correctly, his powers would sky rocket as well. I'm not sure that it would bump him up past High cosmic though. High level reality warpers like the original Beyonder, Mxy, etc may still be well beyond even that level of power. I wonder what others think though?

DarkSaint85
Captain Cold's gun.

Enables a normal guy to tangle with heralds.

riv6672
^^^

rating?

Q99
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Captain Cold's gun.

Enables a normal guy to tangle with heralds.

Well, kinda. It lets him tangle with *specific flavors* of heralds, and he loses.

Mid-meta, maybe? Whereever we rate Cold overall, really.

Weather Wizard's wand is at *least* high meta.

---

Fred Perry's Gold Digger has Bain, which give (1) access to a world in a pocket dimension, (2) the ability to drain spellcasters, even vastly powerful herald level archmages, with a gesture, (3) can equip others with high-meta power armor or invisible low-meta forcefield strength/toughness enhancement.

At *least* mid-herald. Arguably more-so, but it is specialized, it's less good against powerful non-mages.

Hm, there's the magic sapper, a one-use 'drain all magic on the planet for 24 hours' device (well, not quite one use, but it takes a long time to charge). Trans to skyfather.

Beta rings. Give class 50+ strength and mach 2 inertialess (i.e. turn on a dime) flight. Turning a mountain into swiss cheese is just a matter of flying back and forth through it with them. High meta.

Sizematar. A sword that can be extended far enough to hit stuff in orbit if need be, or more reasonable lengths. Mid meta.

Gigalithion. Gigantic war robot, once fought against the *entire* dragon race (was curbstomping them til they got magic, then it merely became an even fight, and even though it lost it survived!), involves betatech, has a psychic scream which 'poisons' the minds of psychics and turns them to it's side, Trans to Skyfather level.

Time Raft. Once it's powers are unlocked and understood, gives time freezing, super acceleration and slow down, and numerous other effects to a very high level by unlocking time magic. High trans.

Soul blades, one of the higher levels of magic weapons, gives the wielder specific abilities like turning to smoke, great super strength and ability to hold ground as if one was colossal in size, or similar. Mid to high meta.

Elemental weapons, just a step down. Gives a wide variety of powers related to a specific element. An example being ice fang, which gives- autoprojectile blocking, throw ice spikes, make ice walls, freeze the ground, create a super-cold field over a sizable area, and similar. Depending on the user and the specific item, low to mid meta.

riv6672
Cold's just a normal human in stats, right? Sans gun?

Q99
Cold's just a normal human in stats, right? Sans gun?

Right, he's just a human with good aim and *very* fast well-trained reflexes.

riv6672
Got it. So, while the gun has great capabilities, it can be broken.

Q99
Got it. So, while the gun has great capabilities, it can be broken.

Yep, it's not especially durable, just a metal gun. Copies have been made too.

---

Heat Wave's heat gun isn't bad, but it doesn't have the applications of the cold gun, so low meta.

nwg202
magik's soul sword-can affect almost anything (magical, non magical, intangible beings) absorb souls and life forces, turn opponents into monsters, create magical constructs, ranged blasts, transmute, allows you to teleport across time, space, dimensions, gives you armor and a ton of other applications

mirror master's gear- turns you into glass, dimensional travel, illusions, mirror world copies of opponents you can actually destroy dimensions and opponents by trapping them in the mirror and crushing it etc...

riv6672
Nice picks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.