The future of the NEU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Lots of books and comics have been announced today, and I should be happy, yet I feel something else. I feel that this New EU will not last; their is too much space between novels. It looks like 2016 is only getting 2 novels and 2017 has 1. I know its a little early to think this, but I feel that Star Wars will dry up and they will stop with the formula of releasing a couple of books a year. Idk. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but all I know is that I will be very upset if 2021 comes around, and their are no new Star Wars novels.

Trocity
Stop that, you depressing bastard.

FreshestSlice
Stop remaking this thread.

Q99
Star Wars. Dry up.

With the movies, not a chance.

They're just making each of the novels more of an Event, something significant and viewed as ImportantTM, not Just Another Novel.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Stop remaking this thread.

Mind your business. If you don't want to answer, ignore my thread.

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Abonis

People have answered your thread. The answer is, "Heck no, that's absurd." Indeed, the books are almost certainly going to be much bigger than the books of the prior decade.

Your thoughts on that?

DarthAnt66
Its definitely something that concerns me. I can't sleep some nights, thinking about the NU, how it will grow.
http://thelaughterworkout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/istock-team-laughter-pic3.jpg

FreshestSlice
Or you could stop making a new thread every month to cry that the Star Wars is somehow dying with three movies on the way.

Darth Abonis
I was only alarmed that their seemed to be a big space that Del Rey planned for their books. Between May 2016 and 2017 their is nothing. And this is probably the third thread of that like this.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, and we all established no one else is alarm or cares.

I'm quite confident you haven't already read the thousand other Star Wars books out there, so you can do that between May 2016 and 2017. thumb up

Q99
I was only alarmed that their seemed to be a big space that Del Rey planned for their books. Between May 2016 and 2017 their is nothing.

There are new *movies* in that timeframe.

They can always simply be holding announcement- titles that are spoilers and such, but really, there are new movies, Star Wars is not dead, dying, or even at anything other than an impending new height.

Oh, and plus all the comics going on in that timeframe. We've got, what, 4-5 ongoings?

Which is two too many if the question has already been answered in the first one.

Revanchiste

Darth Abonis
You guys are all being jerks. I'm just concerned about the future of my favorite thing ever, and one of the few things that keeps me sane and tethered to this world, if you know what I mean.

DarthAnt66
Its definitely something that concerns me. I can't sleep some nights, thinking about the NU, how it will grow.

DarthAnt66
On a more serious note, child, tell me, have you read all the thousand Star Wars books that are already out there? If not, I don't see why you should worry about upcoming books when you haven't already read all the others.

FreshestSlice
You guys are all being jerks. I'm just concerned about the future of my favorite thing ever, and one of the few things that keeps me sane and tethered to this world, if you know what I mean.
If Star Wars is one of only a few thing between you and a bullet, you aren't sane.

Darth Abonis
You have no idea

NTJack0
You have no idea You should probably seek help and get off the computer, champ.

Q99

But, didn't already people answer your question in the previous threads?

And I answered your question as well. Due to the new movies, Star Wars is headed to a high, not a low. We're likely talking surpassing PT times. There's multiple ongoing comics that aren't going anywhere, the video games, the books- and while there's not as many *currently* announced (remember, they can add announcements at any time), the books are not the spine that supports everything, the movies are.

Oh yes, and freaking Rebels. There's a TV show!

I understand you worry, but going after people for not reassuring you more when your question has been thoroughly answered doesn't help.

Also, do try and get help outside of Star Wars, k? Star Wars will always be there, but expanding your support will be good.

Revanchiste

Next time don't clash me when I begint to talk about Revan XD !

Darth Abonis
Trust me. I have help.

Trocity
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

LOL.

DarthAnt66
You have no idea
What the actual hell.

Trocity
You guys are all being jerks.

He says as he sniffles and blows his nose then puts his handkerchief back in his breast pocket.

Originally posted by Revanchiste
Next time don't clash me when I begint to talk about Revan XD !

LOL even revanchiste's trashin ya.

Q99
Originally posted by Trocity

I like Abonis waaay more, though.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by Trocity
He says as he sniffles and blows his nose then puts his handkerchief back in his breast pocket.

I find your lack of maturity disturbing

EmperorSidious2
Does it actually matter what Disney say? If you think about it Star Wars is something that can be interpreted on a personal level. If you choose to keep it to yourself you can that the EU is still a thing, it just won't be official.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.