Triple 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
W3wGaCBYw5M
Directed by Jon Hillcoat (The Road, Lawless)
Aaron Paul
Kate Winslet
Woody Harrelson
Norman Reedus
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Gal Gadot
Casey Affect

Robtard
Definitely some talent on that list, but the preview didn't do a whole lot to hype me.

jaden101
Yoo crazae NIGGA!!

Robtard
Alright, let me hype myself up and watch it again, I'll let you know.

Ascendancy
Do want! Definitely will be seeing this one in theaters.

Patient_Leech
This looks pretty alright. Great cast.

Little bit of a True Detective: Season 1 vibe at the beginning of that trailer, thanks to Woody Harrelson.

Not the kind of movie I go to the theater for, though. Shaky cam crime dramas are better suited for the small screen, in my opinion.

marwash22
nein nein nein

The Nuul
this movie sucked. it's like they said hey, i know, lets get a bunch of big names together then write a script and make a movie

lets have daryl and jesse interact with each other. that will bring in an audience for a crappy script

it was garbage all around

Robtard
Despite the first act (bank heist) being pretty good, turned out to be very mediocre. Didn't outright hate it, but found myself uninterested in the plot and characters through most of it.

The relationship with the corrupt cops is never really explained and by most appearances they don't even really like each other, but here they are committing crimes. Reminded me a little bit of Heat, Training Day and The Departed in some aspects, but failed miserably to come close in quality to any of those.

Ascendancy
From the dead I necro thee. Finally saw this. It was good, but as said above it just lacked a lot of tie ins to explain what was going on. Had it been a half hour longer like Heat, etc., it probably could have given the details necessary to fit it all together. Some of the conflicts really weren't sold well. It's a shame, there were a lot of really great parts to the film, all the action was well done, and the actors fit their roles, but there were too many weaknesses to make it great.

It's kind of strange because I feel the 3* rating it received was fair overall, but that some parts of the film on their own lack so much that it just doesn't line up well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.