Marriage & Divorce in the 21st century.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/marriage-in-the-21st-century-picture-story-cheating-divorce.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/marriage2015marriage2015/divorce%20in%20the%2021st%20century_zpsm4um8fz7.jpg

-Pr-
As one-sided and silly as it might seem, it really is the reality for a lot of men in this day and age. Of course there's a flipside to it, but yeah.

****ed up.

jaden101
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/write.ign.com/66511/2013/06/zBitternessResentment.jpg

Mindset
100% true.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by long pig
stuff Butthurt beta males ITT.

- 70% of families have both parents working, so the age old adage of the man working hard to put bread on the table while the woman sits on her ass watching the kids is no longer accurate.

-Men are statistically more likely to cheat then women are, so it's more likely that it'll be the husband ****ing some Stacy from Facebook while the wife is away then the other way around.

- Men are more likely to abuse their spouses then the other way around.

The only part of the comic that's true is the guy getting ****ed over in the divorce, our divorce system is hilariously broken in womens' favor, almost as bad as law enforcement.

But beyond that, nah. Take your whining and go back to MGTOW, you spineless cuckold *****. And don't ever breed; your retard genes getting passed on to the next generation would make nuclear war sound appealing.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Butthurt beta males ITT.

- 70% of families have both parents working, so the age old adage of the man working hard to put bread on the table while the woman sits on her ass watching the kids is no longer accurate.

-Men are statistically more likely to cheat then women are, so it's more likely that it'll be the husband ****ing some Stacy from Facebook while the wife is away then the other way around.

The only part of the comic that's true is the guy getting ****ed over in the divorce, our divorce system is hilariously broken in womens' favor, almost as bad as law enforcement.

But beyond that, nah. Take your whining and go back to MGTOW, you spineless cuckold *****. And don't ever breed; your retard genes getting passed on to the next generation would make nuclear war sound appealing.
http://media.giphy.com/media/nPty9lCDWQfni/giphy.gif

|King Joker|
Butthurt beta males ITT.

But beyond that, nah. Take your whining and go back to MGTOW, you spineless cuckold *****. And don't ever breed; your retard genes getting passed on to the next generation would make nuclear war sound appealing. http://data.whicdn.com/images/25351350/large.gif

StyleTime
Butthurt beta males ITT.

http://i.imgur.com/ZuebbkY.gif

psmith81992
https://overthepylon.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/sick-burn-morpheus.jpg

long pig
Butthurt beta males ITT.

Look at it this way, now that your kind can finally get married, you'll see for yourself.

ScreamPaste
Look at it this way, now that your kind can finally get married, you'll see for yourself.
But if both partners are men then who gets ****ed by the divorce courts? Your burn sucks.

long pig
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
But if both partners are men then who gets ****ed by the divorce courts? Your burn sucks.
That marriage sucks?

The Ecks
Biased misogynistic representation..

long pig
Originally posted by The Ecks
Biased misogynistic representation..
What other kind of representation matters?

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think that this comic, as bitter as it must be in reality, is funny as hell.

long pig
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
I think that this comic, as bitter as it must be in reality, is funny as hell.
Apparently, laughing is forbidden in the pc world of the GDF.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Viva la Revolution!

Van Hohenheim
It's not that it's not funny it's just that you don't give a good vibe. You're not chill, brah.

I've noticed that this forum(this section) is basically liberal views vs conservative view.

There's hardly any fun among the members, in the sense that you can all come together as a community and have a good time; it's all mostly serious business.

Just an observation.

long pig
Originally posted by Van Hohenheim
It's not that it's not funny it's just that you don't give a good vibe. You're not chill, brah.

I've noticed that this forum(this section) is basically liberal views vs conservative view.

There's hardly any fun among the members, in the sense that you can all come together as a community and have a good time; it's all mostly serious business.

Just an observation.
The last thing I am is serious. I thought it was pretty obvious. embarrasment

Ushgarak
It is, of course, totally a mistake for me to engage here at all, but what the hell...

This is something that occurs to me a lot watching things spill out in real life. So, these cartoons at the top are obviously not a balanced view- we have the woman at home, the nagging woman, the woman as the guilty cheater, the woman who turns the kids against the man etc. I know there's a couple of things that can be read like the man is at fault there as well, but the overwhelming feel is the woman at fault (especially the second one). Hopefully, no-one is seriously advancing that as the average state of affairs.

My thing is though- even within the 'wronged-man' bias of the cartoon, I can't help thinking the man is a bit of a prat. This starts right at the start when to both requests he says 'ok'. Now, from what I have observed of failed marriages in my social circle and general area, an 'ok' attitude is the start of many things. People want to get to the 'live happily ever after, roll the end credits' situation and so when someone suggests marriage and/or kids, they say 'ok' because that's the objective, yeah?

But often this is a decision made without any actual analysis about whether this is a good idea. You may WANT something to be a good idea, but that doesn't make it so. This is more than just haste- it's a fundamental inability of some (dare I say many?)people to understand what marriage and long-term relationships really entail.

This is where I can run intro trouble- but I really think this is a problem that disadvantages the woman. In a relationship that is failing because the couple failed to consider the long-term consequences, it's generally the woman who gets the short side. The man seems to think things are ok and doesn't notice that the woman is unhappy. Then when the woman snaps, it's the woman that tends to get blamed, whereas to my mind, the inability of the man to even sense there was a problem is at least as big an issue. The panel above where the man is going golfing whilst the wife is pissed off rather sums it up actually.

This isn't a 'men are the bad guys' post either- because women are just as much as men able to jump into a long-term relationship that isn't actually a good idea. It's just a short part of my general feeling that the major problem with marriage today is the starting point- people jumping in cluelessly without proper communication, not because they are incapable of communication but because they are too blinded by social convention and a wish for everything to work out actually to think clearly about consequences.

And so, as I say, even in a one-sided thing like this, I see the man say 'ok' and I immediately think "Idiot!"

I've seen marriages detonate in worse ways than that cartoon, and everyone wants to blame the woman, but I also see a man who got it wrong, and it was the woman who was suffering first. That's not to absolve of blame, but it's to point out that blame is often more complex than it looks at first.

And for every blatantly failed marriage, I think there are at least as many that are just bloody miserable for the same reason, but are forced to stay together by convention, cowardice (and I find cowardice very understandable there btw) or because there's no other way to bring up the kids.

long pig
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It is, of course, totally a mistake for me to engage here at all, but what the hell...

This is something that occurs to me a lot watching things spill out in real life. So, these cartoons at the top are obviously not a balanced view- we have the woman at home, the nagging woman, the woman as the guilty cheater, the woman who turns the kids against the man etc. I know there's a couple of things that can be read like the man is at fault there as well, but the overwhelming feel is the woman at fault (especially the second one). Hopefully, no-one is seriously advancing that as the average state of affairs.

My thing is though- even within the 'wronged-man' bias of the cartoon, I can't help thinking the man is a bit of a prat. This starts right at the start when to both requests he says 'ok'. Now, from what I have observed of failed marriages in my social circle and general area, an 'ok' attitude is the start of many things. People want to get to the 'live happily ever after, roll the end credits' situation and so when someone suggests marriage and/or kids, they say 'ok' because that's the objective, yeah?

But often this is a decision made without any actual analysis about whether this is a good idea. You may WANT something to be a good idea, but that doesn't make it so. This is more than just haste- it's a fundamental inability of some (dare I say many?)people to understand what marriage and long-term relationships really entail.

This is where I can run intro trouble- but I really think this is a problem that disadvantages the woman. In a relationship that is failing because the couple failed to consider the long-term consequences, it's generally the woman who gets the short side. The man seems to think things are ok and doesn't notice that the woman is unhappy. Then when the woman snaps, it's the woman that tends to get blamed, whereas to my mind, the inability of the man to even sense there was a problem is at least as big an issue. The panel above where the man is going golfing whilst the wife is pissed off rather sums it up actually.

This isn't a 'men are the bad guys' post either- because women are just as much as men able to jump into a long-term relationship that isn't actually a good idea. It's just a short part of my general feeling that the major problem with marriage today is the starting point- people jumping in cluelessly without proper communication, not because they are incapable of communication but because they are too blinded by social convention and a wish for everything to work out actually to think clearly about consequences.

And so, as I say, even in a one-sided thing like this, I see the man say 'ok' and I immediately think "Idiot!"

I've seen marriages detonate in worse ways than that cartoon, and everyone wants to blame the woman, but I also see a man who got it wrong, and it was the woman who was suffering first. That's not to absolve of blame, but it's to point out that blame is often more complex than it looks at first.

And for every blatantly failed marriage, I think there are at least as many that are just bloody miserable for the same reason, but are forced to stay together by convention, cowardice (and I find cowardice very understandable there btw) or because there's no other way to bring up the kids.
I agree. Stickman need his ass kicked for being a beta pussy.

-Pr-

As much as I agree with most of what you said... This thread is supposed to be taken seriously?

long pig
Originally posted by -Pr-
As much as I agree with most of what you said... This thread is supposed to be taken seriously?
Sure. Let's talk about the stupidity of marriage.

Surtur
Men are more "statistically" likely to cheat because women are more sneaky about it. They won't admit to it, even when confronted with evidence. Let alone admitting it to some random survey or however they get stats. Think about it..why do men cheat most of the time? To get laid. Not a lot of thought is put into it really. Women operate differently.

Though I will say what it depicts in terms of what happens when a woman cheats is usually true. She always makes out the man to be the bad guy, it's always his fault. It is the same for the divorce, she will expect you to rarely see your kids and yet still keep handing over cash. Then that "child" support goes to things like new clothes for mom or a new haircut. I swear we should make an EBT type card for child support so it can only be spent on certain things.

Of course men cheat too and all that, but they also get royally f*cked over most of the time when it comes to marriage and divorce. How many men have you heard about going to jail for not paying child support? I've heard a bunch of stories. Never heard any about women though.

long pig
Originally posted by Surtur
Men are more "statistically" likely to cheat because women are more sneaky about it. They won't admit to it, even when confronted with evidence. Let alone admitting it to some random survey or however they get stats. Think about it..why do men cheat most of the time? To get laid. Not a lot of thought is put into it really. Women operate differently.

Though I will say what it depicts in terms of what happens when a woman cheats is 100% true. She always makes out the man to be the bad guy, it's always his fault. It is the same for the divorce, she will expect you to rarely see your kids and yet still keep handing over cash. Then that "child" support goes to things like new clothes for mom or a new haircut. I swear we should make an EBT type card for child support so it can only be spent on certain things.
Women are base creatures.

Ushgarak
I'd be very careful about '100% true' commentary like that. Even in my 'spectacular detonation' example (and trust me, it was pretty damn bad as far as marriage failures go), the post-marriage situation with the kid was worked out reasonably amicably.

I actually don't particularly believe what you say about women post-marriage there is general practice. I think setups like that get disproportionate media attention is all.

-Pr-

I don't think marriage is inherently stupid. I think a lot of men and women go in to it without fully realising the gravity of what they're doing, and they can be equally at fault when the marriage fails.

Robtard

You need to stop acting like a little whiny bitchboy. If you don't want to get married, then don't ever get married, it's really that simple.

Surtur
I'd be very careful about '100% true' commentary like that. Even in my 'spectacular detonation' example (and trust me, it was pretty damn bad as far as marriage failures go), the post-marriage situation with the kid was worked out reasonably amicably.

I actually don't particularly believe what you say about women post-marriage there is general practice. I think setups like that get disproportionate media attention is all.

That is why I edited it. But even if the setup I mentioned doesn't happen all the time it happens far far more often then the reverse. Men in general just get screwed here, especially if kids are involved. Might be different in other countries, but here the system is utterly broken.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Robtard
You need to stop acting like a little whiny bitchboy. If you don't want to get married, then don't ever get married, it's really that simple.
Or get a prenuptial agreement at the very least

Surtur
To be fair it's not always that simple. Some women shockingly want to get married sooner or later. Yes yes, I know it will be "simply don't date someone like that then". Problem is affairs of the heart aren't always simple and sometimes people change and want things they never thought they'd want.

Omega Vision
If a woman pushes you into a marriage you don't want that's already a sign it's going to fail.

Surtur
Well yes of course, but if you are in love with this person and they had previously said they didn't want marriage and then one day they decide they truly do want it..it's not so easy to just say "well goodbye". It would need to be done, but it wouldn't be a simple thing to do.

Robtard
Getting married when you're one of the "NEVER GETTING MARRIED!!!11!" types, just so your partner won't leave you is setting yourself up for failure.

long pig
Calm your ****, lady. This is a discussion.

Surtur
Getting married when you're one of the "NEVER GETTING MARRIED!!!11!" types, just so your partner won't leave you is setting yourself up for failure.

I know it is, I was just pointing out for some people it's not so easy to walk away from a relationship.

Robtard
Calm your ****, lady. This is a discussion.

You basically copied the message of what I said and turned it into a rant. Not only is that a weak tactic, but you were already warned about your rampant plagiarizing, you plagiarist.

long pig
You basically copied the message of what I said and turned it into a rant. Not only is that a weak tactic, but you were already warned about your rampant plagiarizing, you plagiarist.
Lol wtf are you talking about? I can't stop laughing. Lol
You're being a silly turkey.

Ushgarak
Ok, please don't ruin my vague attempt to make this a worthwhile topic.

long pig
Ok, please don't ruin my vague attempt to make this a worthwhile topic.
I was just accosted by that swarthy foreigner, robtard. My honour is at stake! I must give him his due recompense, ush!

Prof. T.C McAbe
Ok, I think everyone and their wife should calm down a bit! biscuits

long pig
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Ok, I think everyone and their wife should calm down a bit! biscuits
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/cardfight/images/a/a3/389-Impossibru.jpg
I'm furious!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.