Psychological Hacks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig

long pig

long pig

long pig

long pig

long pig

long pig

Van Hohenheim
This is all from your personal experience? I read some of the tips and they seem right.

Digi
I've heard several of these numerous times without a credited source. Most of them make intuitive sense, but that doesn't make them true, and I wonder if we accept them out of sheer repetition. Some likely ARE true, but we have no way of verifying it.

Mindset
I used all these to get Digi to become my friend and it worked.

Bardock42
This is really impressive work, you put a lot of thought into this, I can see. Good stuff, so much better than all the copy-paste jobs we get in the GDF usually.

Surtur
I would think if I did #4 it would automatically make me a douchebag.

long pig
Originally posted by Bardock42
This is really impressive work, you put a lot of thought into this, I can see. Good stuff, so much better than all the copy-paste jobs we get in the GDF usually.
Its interests. You disagree?

Van Hohenheim
Originally posted by Digi

I've heard several of these numerous times without a credited source. Most of them make intuitive sense, but that doesn't make them true, and I wonder if we accept them out of sheer repetition. Some likely ARE true, but we have no way of verifying it.
I'm guessing that's why the threads name is psychological hacks and scientific hacks. I really hope I don't offend psychologists, lol.

Van Hohenheim
Originally posted by long pig
Its interests. You disagree?
He's saying you forgot to source your info, again. Coping and pasting info without citation is very inconsiderate.

long pig
http://www.lifebuzz.com/psychological-tricks/
My b.

Time-Immemorial
-Time to eat bacon

Adam Grimes
Would this work with Cameron Diaz?

long pig
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Would this work with Cameron Diaz?
Yes. Definitely. 75% of the time it works everytime.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
I used all these to get Digi to become my friend and it worked.
I thought you sent him an "accidental" dick pic.

Digi
Originally posted by Van Hohenheim
I'm guessing that's why the threads name is psychological hacks and scientific hacks. I really hope I don't offend psychologists, lol.

To be credible, these would still need some sort of empirical validation. Naming them "psychology" instead of "science" does not excuse them from needing to provide some sort of rationale. Because I can talk to a few people, draw some conclusions, and assert that I have a "hack" as well. Doesn't make me any more credible.

Like I said, some are likely true. Some likely aren't. But we have no way of knowing without proper research and citation of that research. Until that point, most of these are worthless...clickbait pablum that can amuse but not inform.

long pig
To be credible, these would still need some sort of empirical validation. Naming them "psychology" instead of "science" does not excuse them from needing to provide some sort of rationale. Because I can talk to a few people, draw some conclusions, and assert that I have a "hack" as well. Doesn't make me any more credible.

Like I said, some are likely true. Some likely aren't. But we have no way of knowing without proper research and citation of that research. Until that point, most of these are worthless...clickbait pablum that can amuse but not inform.
Well excuse me for offending your delicate sensibilities.

Digi
Well excuse me for offending your delicate sensibilities.

I'm not offended. I'm only pointing out the obvious, and responding to those who have addressed my posts. I consider healthy skepticism a virtue, so exercising it is a good thing. I'll occasionally disbelieve something that's true because of it, but it ensures that the knowledge I do consider true is held to a higher standard.

srug

Now, if you do have sources for your OP, I'd be interested to see them. As it is, there are too many to research individually, and some are worded in such a way that they're likely unfalsifiable or subjective anyway. So I wouldn't even know where to begin to attempt to confirm them.

long pig
I'm not offended. I'm only pointing out the obvious, and responding to those who have addressed my posts. I consider healthy skepticism a virtue, so exercising it is a good thing. I'll occasionally disbelieve something that's true because of it, but it ensures that the knowledge I do consider true is held to a higher standard.

srug

Now, if you do have sources for your OP, I'd be interested to see them. As it is, there are too many to research individually, and some are worded in such a way that they're likely unfalsifiable or subjective anyway. So I wouldn't even know where to begin to attempt to confirm them. evil face No source for you.

Bentley
This sounds like a work for Nemebro shifty

Bardock42
evil face No source for you.

I'll help you out, buddy:

http://mindzette.com/23-psychological-life-hacks-to-get-an-advantage/

http://www.kickassfacts.com/25-psychological-hacks-recommended-by-our-readers-part-2/

I get it, you can't post your direct source cause you got it from racistsdaily.com

long pig
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'll help you out, buddy:

http://mindzette.com/23-psychological-life-hacks-to-get-an-advantage/

http://www.kickassfacts.com/25-psychological-hacks-recommended-by-our-readers-part-2/

I get it, you can't post your direct source cause you got it from racistsdaily.com
laughing out loud

Hush, you.

Star428
Yes. Definitely. 75% of the time it works everytime.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.