KMCs: The Walking Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Ok so here goes .. You're you. You been transported to a real world TWD situation. However the gods are not without mercy so they grant u one limited power set upon your choosing and tell you go forth and prosper. Your goal is to make it from the east coast to the west. You're alone no group will take u in and everyone u encounter is hostile. Once complete with your journey u will be wished back to our home reality and u keeo those lovely powers.

Powers: you can choose only one

Spidermans agility, reflexes only
Spidersense only
Hulks rage with strength reaching peak human levels and peak human durabilty. No hf
Fantomex misdirection, does work on human not on walkers
Midnighters combat computer
Deadshots accuracy
Deadmans possession ability but u leave your actual body comatose until u return

These are your choices. Be advised for every choice u make their is another member who will choose opposite and his goal is to hunt u down. Real world applications apply to these powers as well. SM agility does not mean u have his stamina..hulks strength means your adrenaline has to be high and when i crashes so do u..

How far do u get?

deathslash
Either midnighter's computer or deadshot's accuracy.

tkitna
Deadshots accuracy

Sin I AM
Forgot to flesh out all the powers

Misdirection: u can make humans see whatever u want however the more complex the illusion the more concentration it requires and u can target up to ten people but the strain does leave u mentally depleted deoending on duration and complexity. Misdirection for five minutes bloody nose. More than ten severemigraine and loss of focus.

MNs computer works sorta the same. The more daunting the situation like say your facing ten walkers in a small area. The more taxing it is on your mind to fathom the outcome or realistically take on the enemy. If u face one or two though your chances increase exponentially.

DS accuracy. Only with handguns. Once your outta ammo u can't just pick up a toothpick and put someones eye out (i know thats bullseye feat but u get the drift)

Everything else i explained

Adam Grimes
Yeah, Deathshot's accuracy is the most sensible option.

In TWD's universe walkers outnumber humans 5000-to-1, so going h2h is not a good idea. Even with SM's powers.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk's powerset here seems pretty damn shitty. Getting mad and careless just to reach peak str+dur... at best.

I think I'd pick Parker's reflexes and agility.

meep-meep
Deadmans' possession powas.I could possess anyone with the other powers and ride off into the sunset eventually.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hulk's powerset here seems pretty damn shitty. Getting mad and careless just to reach peak str+dur... at best.

I think I'd pick Parker's reflexes and agility.

I was thinking that when i wrote it but also considered its advantages. Caps the epitome of peak human. I'd say he tops off at 2 tons iirc. In a real life scenario someone with that strength would ve swatting normal people like flies. The only downside id consider is the rage but we're smart we could counter that intelligently and there would be plenty of things to get the adrenaline pumping. The real limiter though is crashing after going beastmode. I wonder how susceptible cap is to bites.

carver9
Agility.

Digi
When in the show does someone with complete fore-knowledge of an attack get got? It's all jump scares. I'll take spider-sense; basically give me an out for all the surprise situations you can't account for. The only scenario where you'd die with it is when you're completely overwhelmed. In which case, let's be honest, none of those powers are saving you.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
When in the show does someone with complete fore-knowledge of an attack get got? It's all jump scares. I'll take spider-sense; basically give me an out for all the surprise situations you can't account for. The only scenario where you'd die with it is when you're completely overwhelmed. In which case, let's be honest, none of those powers are saving you. Depends on what you're armed with.

Deadshot could probably takes out dozens easily with the right weapons.

Stoic
Sin it's too bad that you didn't give a smell like doodoo power, because then you could just walk right past all of them unnoticed. I'd take the Spider sense.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Stoic
Sin it's too bad that you didn't give a smell like doodoo power, because then you could just walk right past all of them unnoticed. I'd take the Spider sense. If the show takes the comic path, you're going to see that fail soon enough.

Mindset
Sin it's too bad that you didn't give a smell like doodoo power But you already have that power.

#gottem

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Digi
When in the show does someone with complete fore-knowledge of an attack get got? It's all jump scares. I'll take spider-sense; basically give me an out for all the surprise situations you can't account for. The only scenario where you'd die with it is when you're completely overwhelmed. In which case, let's be honest, none of those powers are saving you.

Spider sense seems applicable in ALOTof scenarios especially in dealing with humans with ill intent

Digi
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Spider sense seems applicable in ALOTof scenarios especially in dealing with humans with ill intent

Yeah, if you log each death in the series and extrapolate which powers would save you if you were in the victim's place, spider sense would be damn high on the list. I obviously don't know if it would be #1, but having seen the first few seasons, I can think of at least a few where, say, Deadshot's power would be impotent but SS would likely save you. There are probably some where the reverse is true, sure. But that's my pick.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mindset
But you already have that power.

#gottem

Nah don't try to hand me the powers that your Master Butthole gave you when he made you his herald.

DarkSaint85
Midnighters pc.

Hopefully it'll help me figure out other problems easily.

Where to get water?

Navigation?

How to fix radios? Etc

Newjak
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Midnighters pc.

Hopefully it'll help me figure out other problems easily.

Where to get water?

Navigation?

How to fix radios? Etc I think this is a very important point. I definitely would want something that gives me the survival skills to last longer.

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Forgot to flesh out all the powers

Misdirection: u can make humans see whatever u want however the more complex the illusion the more concentration it requires and u can target up to ten people but the strain does leave u mentally depleted deoending on duration and complexity. Misdirection for five minutes bloody nose. More than ten severemigraine and loss of focus.

MNs computer works sorta the same. The more daunting the situation like say your facing ten walkers in a small area. The more taxing it is on your mind to fathom the outcome or realistically take on the enemy. If u face one or two though your chances increase exponentially.

DS accuracy. Only with handguns. Once your outta ammo u can't just pick up a toothpick and put someones eye out (i know thats bullseye feat but u get the drift)

Everything else i explained Floyd's power only work with handguns? Not assault rifles, shotguns, slingshots, bows and arrows, or anything else?

I'll take midnighter's computer. Even if it is taxing on my brain, I can take it and it can almost certainly help me survive longer against the humans.

StiltmanFTW
Nu MN's PC can only give you info on how to get your ass kicked by Nightwing laughing out loud

Prof. T.C McAbe
Spidermans agility, reflexes only, with such reflexes I could jump, evade and come out of every situation, especially against walkers. My only problem is deadshots accuracy.
Spidersense only, nice to know I will get hit just to know also that i am to slow to react to it because I don't have the reflexes.
Hulks rage with strength reaching peak human levels and peak human durabilty. Nice in a mano on mano fight, but walkers bite and rage makes bling and a bullet is enough to end it.
Fantomex misdirection, does work on human not on walkers. The concentration part makes it not really a good option.
Midnighters combat computer, same es Fantomex.
Deadshots accuracy, the second best ability. Camp and snipe for the rest of my life though if I have to take a walk to another state I can oneshot a 100 out of 1000 zombies and it won't be enough if I am in a impasse.
Deadmans possession ability but u leave your actual body comatose until u return, this is a nice one to hunt, but a save place for my body is impossible to find.

I would go with the reflexes, I could dodge and evade most dangerous situations.

StiltmanFTW
Very good post, agreed.

Sin I AM
Hasnt cap tanked small arms fire?

StiltmanFTW
Cap is not really peak human, but yes, I believe he did.

Chris Bachalo was on the art then.

Sin I AM
He's the example im using...i always thought he was durable enough to tank some small arms fire. Either way if someone chose hulks powerset and got caps strength and durability i believe all youd need is like glens riot gear to be good

StiltmanFTW
I know he is. Before you specified, I thought you meant RL peak human. How wrong I was.

Thing is, that's a max limit of str and dur - meaning you'd have to be "raging" for some time before managing to reach it.

Steve literally no-selling bullets without any kind of armor is a high-end showing, like Logan walking out of a vat of molten metal as a walking skeleton.

Are we supposed to use TV twdverse or comics? Because in comics, Governor's corpse got ripped to pieces by roamers despite the riot gear suit stick out tongue

Mindset
Nah don't try to hand me the powers that your Master Butthole gave you when he made you his herald. 2.4/10

Galan007
Deadshot's accuracy, for sure.

StiltmanFTW
What if you don't find any guns?

Galan007
What if you don't find any guns? There are military-grade weapons laying all over the place in TWD:
http://i.imgur.com/SxuTJNt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MGVO5kX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nIBy21m.jpg

That's how post-Crisis Morgan was able to amass such a massive armory all by himself:
http://i.imgur.com/DDva3nv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lLxTvww.png

I'd be fine. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
For some reason, I thought we're starting in the late TWDverse, meaning most of the stuff and things got already scavenged.

Sin?

Mindset
For some reason, I thought we're starting in the late TWDverse, meaning most of the stuff and things got already scavenged.

Sin? You could still probably find guns lying around pretty easily.

Sin I AM
TVverse twd and comic verse abilities. I just neutered the abilities by giving them to real people so real physics apply

Sin I AM
So if i chose parkes ss. I would get that tingly feeling if i happened to run into the governor but i wouldnt be able to out react a bullet. A walker tho would never get the jump on me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.