The Vault Hunters vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Roland, Mordecai, Brick, Lilith, Axton, Maya, Zer0, and Salvador.

vs

Superman.

Round 1 - All Characters at their best.

Round 2 - Throwing in Gaige and Krieg.

Who wins?

Henry_Pym
Lol?

Superman throws the planet at them

carver9
Scans of him doing that.

Adam Grimes
stoned

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Lol?

Superman throws the planet at them Superman's best strength feat is picking up a planet for a few days, not throwing it.

Both groups of Vault Hunters beat planet busters.

The Destroyer was a dimensional being, the Warrior was something Jack was gonna use to destroy the world.

Sacred Fire
Do they have kryptonite bullets? That would be funny. vin

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Sacred Fire
Do they have kryptonite bullets? That would be funny. vin Because Superman > Dimensional Beings.

Henry_Pym
If the dimensional beings only feat is being killed with standard munitions

TheVaultDweller
I don't really keep up with comic Supes nowadays, but unless Superman has gotten A LOT slower in recent times, he could finger flick KO the entire team before they can react.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I don't really keep up with comic Supes nowadays, but unless Superman has gotten A LOT slower in recent times, he could finger flick KO the entire team before they can react. Phase-locking?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Phase-locking?

When has Maya locked anything that can move as fast as him? Even if he is in stasis, how do they hurt him? Warrior could destroy the planet, but not in one blow or move, it's one of those "I'm going to go around wreaking havoc around the entire planet."

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9
Scans of him doing that.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Scans please.

RadZoa
The Vault Hunters lose but they would destroy Goku and Beerus

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by RadZoa
The Vault Hunters lose but they would destroy Goku and Beerus

This!

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
When has Maya locked anything that can move as fast as him? Even if he is in stasis, how do they hurt him? Warrior could destroy the planet, but not in one blow or move, it's one of those "I'm going to go around wreaking havoc around the entire planet." Speed is a non-factor when it comes to stuff like Stasis fields, so, she can Phase-Lock him no matter how fast he is.

Stuff like "B0RE" will definitely make Zer0 capable of hurting him, and Salvador's pure destructive power can knock Superman back at the very least.

Brick should be strong enough to hold Supes in place for like half-a-second, which is definitely long enough for him the team to get a few good shots in.

Having more destructive power then the Warrior doesn't make Superman any less liable of getting hurt by the Vault Hunters and their advanced weaponry, and you didn't even mention the Destroyer.

RadZoa
Speed is a non-factor when it comes to stuff like Stasis fields, so, she can Phase-Lock him no matter how fast he is.

Stuff like "B0RE" will definitely make Zer0 capable of hurting him, and Salvador's pure destructive power can knock Superman back at the very least.

Brick should be strong enough to hold Supes in place for like half-a-second, which is definitely long enough for him the team to get a few good shots in.

Having more destructive power then the Warrior doesn't make Superman any less liable of getting hurt by the Vault Hunters and their advanced weaponry, and you didn't even mention the Destroyer. I didn't play Borderlands too much since the game sucked ass, what did Brick do to say he can hold Superman for half a second though?

ArtificialGlory
Speed is a non-factor when it comes to stuff like Stasis fields, so, she can Phase-Lock him no matter how fast he is.

Having more destructive power then the Warrior doesn't make Superman any less liable of getting hurt by the Vault Hunters and their advanced weaponry, and you didn't even mention the Destroyer.

Phase-Lock won't help if Lilith is reduced to a wet stain on the floor before she can even process a thought. Hell, Lilith couldn't even handle Wilhelm, what makes you think she will be any good against Superman?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Phase-Lock won't help if Lilith is reduced to a wet stain on the floor before she can even process a thought. Hell, Lilith couldn't even handle Wilhelm, what makes you think she will be any good against Superman? What makes you think I was talking about Lilith? :/

ArtificialGlory
What makes you think I was talking about Lilith? :/

My bad. Even so, Maya can't Phase-Lock powerful beings. It won't work on Superman and even if did, she'd be dead before she even had the chance to see who killed her.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
My bad. Even so, Maya can't Phase-Lock powerful beings. It won't work on Superman and even if did, she'd be dead before she even had the chance to see who killed her. Phase-Lock works on powerful beings, what you see is game mechanics, which don't count.

Even so, if Batman can keep up with Superman, and can take hits from him, then these guys can hurt him.

B0RE will damage Superman if Zer0 uses it.

NemeBro
Even so, if Batman can keep up with Superman, and can take hits from him lol

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro
lol Of course straight up speed-wise, Superman wins, but Base Batman has survived being punched straight in the face by Superman.

Wei Phoenix

Maya has to lock on the enemy to phaselock them. Prove that she can hit him. Show me some feats of B0RE or any of their powers doing enough damage to someone of Superman's durability. Non-game mechanics please.

Wei Phoenix
Of course straight up speed-wise, Superman wins, but Base Batman has survived being punched straight in the face by Superman.

Do you think Superman punched to kill?

Jmanghan
Maya has to lock on the enemy to phaselock them. Prove that she can hit him. Show me some feats of B0RE or any of their powers doing enough damage to someone of Superman's durability. Non-game mechanics please. It can get through Hyperius' shields like a hot knife through butter.

That's literally what its made for, to get past superhuman defenses.

Wei Phoenix
It can get through Hyperius' shields like a hot knife through butter.

That's literally what its made for, to get past superhuman defenses.

Now where are the feats that put Hyperius' durability on par with Superman?

Jmanghan
Now where are the feats that put Hyperius' durability on par with Superman? He and the Raid Bosses are more powerful then the Warrior.

Wei Phoenix
He and the Raid Bosses are more powerful then the Warrior.

Feats for the warrior?

emporerpants
This is stupid...Superman wins. Easily. This is a slaughter.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by emporerpants
This is stupid...Superman wins. Easily. This is a slaughter.

thumb up

Jmanghan
Feats for the warrior? He's a planet buster. "Whoever wakes up the Warrior will gain the power to destroy the world".

Superman in lower showings has been hurt by cars, trucks, and such.

Wei Phoenix
He's a planet buster. "Whoever wakes up the Warrior will gain the power to destroy the world".

Superman in lower showings has been hurt by cars, trucks, and such.

He's not a planet buster. If left unchecked then he would raze the planet, destroy the world but the planet would still be there. If he could do that then why didn't it just destroy the planet when it arrived? Also, yeah we don't use low showings to judge characters.

Jmanghan
He's not a planet buster. If left unchecked then he would raze the planet, destroy the world but the planet would still be there. If he could do that then why didn't it just destroy the planet when it arrived? Also, yeah we don't use low showings to judge characters.

Not as a whole, but its consistent enough that he's normally hurt by these things, being hit with a truck or wrecking balls is gonna smash him into a wall, and he will be hurt slightly at the very least. It's not gonna KILL him, but he'll feel a bit of pain without a doubt.

The Warrior isn't evil by nature, it goes along with whoever controls it.

What you said is never stated in-game, it never says he would raze the planet, it consistently says he is going to destroy it.

Wei Phoenix
Not as a whole, but its consistent enough that he's normally hurt by these things, being hit with a truck or wrecking balls is gonna smash him into a wall, and he will be hurt slightly at the very least. It's not gonna KILL him, but he'll feel a bit of pain without a doubt.

The Warrior isn't evil by nature, it goes along with whoever controls it.

What you said is never stated in-game, it never says he would raze the planet, it consistently says he is going to destroy it.

No, on average he is not hurt by such things.

And why didn't it use it's planet busting power against the VHs?

And can you prove that it is going to one shot the planet? If these other bosses are more durable and powerful then why didn't they destroy the planet?

Jmanghan
No, on average he is not hurt by such things.

And why didn't it use it's planet busting power against the VHs?

And can you prove that it is going to one shot the planet? If these other bosses are more durable and powerful then why didn't they destroy the planet? The Raid bosses aren't necessarily there to destroy the planet, just serve as an obstacle to the Vault Hunter.

Show me an instance where regular Superman was smashed by a truck and it had no effect on him, please.

Being smashed into a wall or becoming a home run ball is being affected by it.

SquallX
The Raid bosses aren't necessarily there to destroy the planet, just serve as an obstacle to the Vault Hunter.

Show me an instance where regular Superman was smashed by a truck and it had no effect on him, please.

Being smashed into a wall or becoming a home run ball is being affected by it.

You're joking right?

Superman has survived Super Novas man.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SquallX
You're joking right?

Superman has survived Super Novas man. Normal Superman??

Prove it.

Wei Phoenix
Normal Superman??

Prove it.

You want us to prove that he wasn't amped?

Jmanghan
You want us to prove that he wasn't amped? I want you to prove that Superman has been hit by a truck without budging or taking damage.

Just because he's survived far worse, doesn't mean it won't bother me.

If I get struck by Lightning multiple times, does that mean when I stub my toe, it won't hurt?

SquallX
I want you to prove that Superman has been hit by a truck without budging or taking damage.

Just because he's survived far worse, doesn't mean it won't bother me.

If I get struck by Lightning multiple times, does that mean when I stub my toe, it won't hurt?

You're logic is too skewered to make any sense.

First of all, it has to do with who hits Superman with said truck. A truck going at his highest speed won't ever register to Superman if it hit him.

Now a truck being wield by Doomsday and hitting Superman with it will not only stagger him but hurt him.

See, differencse in analogies goes a long way.

Jmanghan
You're logic is too skewered to make any sense.

First of all, it has to do with who hits Superman with said truck. A truck going at his highest speed won't ever register to Superman if it hit him.

Now a truck being wield by Doomsday and hitting Superman with it will not only stagger him but hurt him.

See, differencse in analogies goes a long way. But it's still a truck, a manmade thing.

I made the same argument before in my The Boss vs Superman thread.

If a truck at any speed can hurt Superman, you can sure as shit bet Bullets from the near Planetery-Level Vault Hunters are going to damage him.

If B0RE can pierce Hyperius the Invincible's Super-Strong shield, a shield that takes ammo from Super-Powered Grenades, Rocket Launchers, Shotguns. Just about any ammo you can think of. Also, in one of the missions, you're supposed to shoot Nukes out of the sky, you and everyone around you take no damage.

The Original Vault Hunters were powerful enough to beat a dimensional being called the Destroyer, though there's inconsistency with that, since they lost to Willhelm, however, the Warrior paled in comparison to that dude.

It should also be said that the characters in Borderlands 2 faced people like Willhelm and the Warrior without help.

SquallX
But it's still a truck, a manmade thing.

I made the same argument before in my The Boss vs Superman thread.

If a truck at any speed can hurt Superman, you can sure as shit bet Bullets from the near Planetery-Level Vault Hunters are going to damage him.

If B0RE can pierce Hyperius the Invincible's Super-Strong shield, a shield that takes ammo from Super-Powered Grenades, Rocket Launchers, Shotguns. Just about any ammo you can think of. Also, in one of the missions, you're supposed to shoot Nukes out of the sky, you and everyone around you take no damage.

The Original Vault Hunters were powerful enough to beat a dimensional being called the Destroyer, though there's inconsistency with that, since they lost to Willhelm, however, the Warrior paled in comparison to that dude.

It should also be said that the characters in Borderlands 2 faced people like Willhelm and the Warrior without help.

Again it doesn't matter when you're using the analogy wrong. Just because it's man-made, doesn't mean it can't hurt Superman if wielded by someone on par with Superman.

A normal car can't hurt Superman, but someone on par with Superman hitting him with said car will hurt him. It's not the object that's really hurting him, but the kinetic energies being transfer to it by the character wielding it.

Jmanghan
Again it doesn't matter when you're using the analogy wrong. Just because it's man-made, doesn't mean it can't hurt Superman if wielded by someone on par with Superman.

A normal car can't hurt Superman, but someone on par with Superman hitting him with said car will hurt him. It's not the object that's really hurting him, but the kinetic energies being transfer to it by the character wielding it. Thats bullshit and you can't prove it.

SquallX
Thats bullshit and you can't prove it.

You're joking right?

You want me to prove a negative? How does that make any sense?

Why don't you show me Superman getting hurt by normal cars hurting when not being wielded by a powerful character?

I'll wait.

Jmanghan
On my vita, will get the full picture up later on, but these are people that supposedly went on a ramp and crashed into him, or at least, thats what it looks like, Golden Age Superman counts.

Jmanghan
You're joking right?

You want me to prove a negative? How does that make any sense?

Why don't you show me Superman getting hurt by normal cars hurting when not being wielded by a powerful character?

I'll wait. Kinetic Energy from every single powerful being that has ever hurt Superman with manmade objects??

Wtf??

I mean, I under you're desperate to prove a point, but resorting to baseless assumptions is low.

Jmanghan
What about Batman punching Superman barely strong enough to lift the Batmobile? Or the Flash? His punches, while superfast, are still Human.

I'm not gonna downplay Superman, but just because he can survive apocalyptic events, does not mean he isn't going to be hurt by other things. Lets say these extremely powerful bullets don't pierce Superman's skin right away, they are going to make a dent, and at some point that dent will turn to bruising, and during the long battle, his skin will become fleshy, soft, and bruised. Its going to happen, and there's too much power here.

About the phase-lock, who's to say Maya and Lilith can't phase-lock Superman together?

SquallX
On my vita, will get the full picture up later on, but these are people that supposedly went on a ramp and crashed into him, or at least, thats what it looks like, Golden Age Superman counts.

So you're using in his beginning of his career to prove you're point?

Honestly, who uses Golden Age Superman to prove a point? It's like me comparing post crisis Batman and Golden Age Batman with the no killing stance he has.

SquallX
Kinetic Energy from every single powerful being that has ever hurt Superman with manmade objects??

Wtf??

I mean, I under you're desperate to prove a point, but resorting to baseless assumptions is low.

You do know everything have to do with energy right?

Calling someone desperate because you have nothing to back you're claims, priceless.

Jmanghan
Now, lets look at the maximum cooldown time for each move, and assume it takes a bit of Stamina down.

On top of the fact that each character from Borderlands 2 can kill Willhelm and Warrior of their own. These are all very powerful people whose bullets destroyed a being literally made for planetary devastation.

Jmanghan
You do know everything have to do with energy right?

Calling someone desperate because you have nothing to back you're claims, priceless. Do you even know what Kinetic Energy is? Its not just the energy you and I use.

Its not the energy Superman uses either.

Jmanghan
Kinetic Energy is stuff like Green Lantern, Flash, not Doomsday and such.

SquallX
What about Batman punching Superman barely strong enough to lift the Batmobile? Or the Flash? His punches, while superfast, are still Human.

I'm not gonna downplay Superman, but just because he can survive apocalyptic events, does not mean he isn't going to be hurt by other things. Lets say these extremely powerful bullets don't pierce Superman's skin right away, they are going to make a dent, and at some point that dent will turn to bruising, and during the long battle, his skin will become fleshy, soft, and bruised. Its going to happen, and there's too much power here.

About the phase-lock, who's to say Maya and Lilith can't phase-lock Superman together?

First of all, do you even read comics? Batman is the king of pis/cis stories.

Second, the Flash is not human, he's a meta of the highest level. Read what the speed force is. The speed force is an energy that protects Flash, it even heals him.

All I hear or just baseless claims.

Am done with you, someone else can debate you. You're making no sense what so ever.

SquallX
Kinetic Energy is stuff like Green Lantern, Flash, not Doomsday and such.

Jesus man, we use energy!

Without kinetic energy, we would be stagnant. It's that energy that allows us to do things.

Taking a shit is using energy.

So seriously need to check you're facts.

Jmanghan
I know, I was making a point, Doomsday is not like that, he is not one of us, nor is Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.