thor vs doomsday: durability contest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
this is thors most durable form vs hp doomsday. im no expert on thor so i dont know his most durable version. all of these scenarios are at point blank range.

1. planet vaporizing attack

2. jupiter sized planet vaporizing attack

3. hypergiant star going hypernova

3. dwarf galaxy vaporizing attack.

4. krona buster.

scenario 2.

1. full on attacks from the mid herald class
2. the blast from wbh and she hulk colliding.
3.full on attacks from the entire high herald class
4. source wall exploding

scenario 3. same situation, but with weakest version of characters.

who makes it farthest in this contest?

abhilegend
Magic bro. Magic.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Magic bro. Magic.

Proof you have no understanding of my point.

ghostman
Magic bro. Magic.
you think magic might be a deciding factor for thor in this? how so?

carver9
Thor durability showings poops on Doomsday's best. By the way, the God Bomb was magical.

abhilegend
By magic.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Thor durability showings poops on Doomsday's best. By the way, the God Bomb was magical.
It was?

BeyonderGod
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/47437/1664238-imperiexdd3.jpg

Universe attack>anything thor tanked.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by BeyonderGod
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/47437/1664238-imperiexdd3.jpg

Universe attack>anything thor tanked.

That attack took Doomsday out long enough for it to count as a loss in a forum fight...didnt it?

Surviving an attack that defeats you doesnt count as tanking IMO; Doomsday survived it, but as his skeleton is evidence of, he sure as hell didnt tank it...

Thor withstood multiple attacks from the Classic Celestials (who were on the next level of power over Galactus and Skyfathers like Odin) who attacked him mercilessly and kept returning fire...

Now thats tanking...IMHO.

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
That attack took Doomsday out long enough for it to count as a loss in a forum fight...didnt it?

Surviving an attack that defeats you doesnt count as tanking IMO; Doomsday survived it, but as his skeleton is evidence of, he sure as hell didnt tank it...

Thor withstood multiple attacks from the Classic Celestials (who were on the next level of power over Galactus and Skyfathers like Odin) who attacked him mercilessly and kept returning fire...

thumb up

Doomsday died during that showing.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
thumb up

Doomsday died during that showing.

You are correct carver... thumb up

I guess I meant to say is that Doomsday wasnt permanently destroyed by the attack; it took a while but he did recover from it...

Prof. T.C McAbe
DD no contest.

panthergod

Imperiex is far above the Celestials.

Magnon
Doomsday is more durable by far. He can even tank Superman's punches to an extent.

carver9
Originally posted by panthergod

Based on?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by panthergod

Based on what?

Classic Celestials were beyond the current ones...

kevdude
You are correct carver... thumb up

I guess I meant to say is that Doomsday wasnt permanently destroyed by the attack; it took a while but he did recover from it...

What do you mean he wasn't permanently destroyed? He was reduced to a skeleton.. There was no recovering without him having his flesh regrown for him using Superman's dna. It took literally the beginning and the end to take him down.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
DD no contest.
What's his best durability feat?

Time-Immemorial
Thor shit stomps

Rao Kal El
Lol Imperex Prime killed DD with the equivalent of Marvel's ultimate nullification laughing out loud that is a pretty sh1tty showing considering that the bones were not erased from existence.

Having said that DD stomps

When Thor bones tank entrophy we have a contest

Time-Immemorial
You were supposed to mock, not openly agreesmile

h1a8
Ok let's see.
DD tanked double the power of an attack that vaporized a material that Superman, with all his might, couldn't put a scratch on.

In other words, DD tanked an attack astronomically more powerful than Superman himself. Clearly, DD is more durable in blunt force and cutting attacks as Thor is barely aircraft bulletproof.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
You were supposed to mock, not openly agreesmile

Hulk wins stick out tongue

h1a8
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Thor shit stomps DD is several times more durable than Thor. If we are taking averages then I don't see Thor tanking the entire JL or any blast that hit him. Nor do I see Superman fighting with Thor for multiple comics and not even hurting him once.

TheLordofMurder
Thor wins...

Doomsday has tanked nothing on par with the Classic Celestials...

Khazra Reborn
Forget the Celestials, Thor tanked a bomb that would have killed every god, ever born, everywhere. That's shits multiversal.

Regardless of that though, DD's piercing durability is still a lot better.

ShadowFyre
And another one that would have destroyed 1/5 I think. The aforementioned Celestial blasts etc. And a bomb that was made specificially to kill him across all of the universe and all of time and he tanked that. But lets not downplay DD here, hes a pretty bad mofo. They both have their insane high end showings that should be like abstract level. Im not as aware of DD's low showings but Thor has a lot of inconsistent showings.

Op said high end showings right? Thors is either the Godbomb, or I guess the Celestials or bomb that could have destroyed a portion of the universe. Attacks from Glory. The only one I know of from Doomsday that is that level is what everyones already usin for DD.Plot induced durability, or lack of. DD has a better average I think because he never was forced into a comic with street level people runnin around. He usually only fights ppl like Supes and up. And he doesent have a team with like 8 powerless people on it he has to job for so they can look cool.

h1a8
Thor wins...

Doomsday has tanked nothing on par with the Classic Celestials... So you are using a single feat as a representative of Thors durability?

Well I'll use the OE for DD. This matches or exceeds Thors feat. Also DD blunt and cutting force feats trump Thors.

Also, Thors Celestial feat is unusable per forum rules.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by h1a8
So you are using a single feat as a representative of Thors durability?

Well I'll use the OE for DD. This matches or exceeds Thors feat. Also DD blunt and cutting force feats trump Thors.

You said Diana could pressure point and lasso Zeus, and we are supposed to believe anything else you say from now on.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
So you are using a single feat as a representative of Thors durability?

Also, Thors Celestial feat is unusable per forum rules.

Did you read the conditions presented in the OP?

Using Thors highest feat of durability is fair game...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Forget the Celestials, Thor tanked a bomb that would have killed every god, ever born, everywhere. That's shits multiversal.

Regardless of that though, DD's piercing durability is still a lot better.
Thor didn't tank it. He died. Originally posted by ShadowFyre
And another one that would have destroyed 1/5 I think. The aforementioned Celestial blasts etc. And a bomb that was made specificially to kill him across all of the universe and all of time and he tanked that. But lets not downplay DD here, hes a pretty bad mofo. They both have their insane high end showings that should be like abstract level. Im not as aware of DD's low showings but Thor has a lot of inconsistent showings.

Op said high end showings right? Thors is either the Godbomb, or I guess the Celestials or bomb that could have destroyed a portion of the universe. Attacks from Glory. The only one I know of from Doomsday that is that level is what everyones already usin for DD.Plot induced durability, or lack of. DD has a better average I think because he never was forced into a comic with street level people runnin around. He usually only fights ppl like Supes and up. And he doesent have a team with like 8 powerless people on it he has to job for so they can look cool.
He died in grandmaster bomb. He died by godbomb. He almost died by celestials until Gaea healed him.

I don't know what are you thinking but almost dying or actually dying aren't tanking.

TheLordofMurder
@h1a8

Btw, blasts from merciless Classic Celestials>>>>>>>Omega Effect.

abhilegend
Did you read the conditions presented in the OP?

Using Thors highest feat of durability is fair game...
How about Superman's high end durability feats? Doomsday is a lot more durable than him of course.

TheLordofMurder
Thor didn't tank it. He died.
He died in grandmaster bomb. He died by godbomb. He almost died by celestials until Gaea healed him.

I don't know what are you thinking but almost dying or actually dying aren't tanking.

Wrong....

Thor withstood the Celestial attacks and returned fire; he absolutely tanked those attacks...

TheLordofMurder
How about Superman's high end durability feats? Doomsday is a lot more durable than him of course.

This thread is Thor vs Doomsday durability...

Thor wins...

Classic Celestial feat trumps anything Doomsday has...

abhilegend
Wrong....

Thor withstood the Celestial attacks and returned fire; he absolutely tanked those attacks...
Nope.
Celestials owned and nearly killed Thor untill Gaea healed him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/114090/3423348-thor_v1%23301_p03.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/114090/3423349-thor_v1%23301_p04.jpg

vin Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
This thread is Thor vs Doomsday durability...

Thor wins...

Classic Celestial feat trumps anything Doomsday has...
Well doomsday doesn't has 10000 appearances like Thor.

TheLordofMurder
Nope.

Now you are lying by omission; you know the scans I am taking about...

I'm on my phone, so cant post the scans at the moment, but you'll see what we've all already seen...

You cherry picking those lets me know that you know exactly what I'm referring to...

Of course you won't post them because they decisively prove my point and defeat yours...

TheLordofMurder
I'll post them tomorrow if they haven't already been posted and end this debate decisively...

celeyhyga17

Nope.

hysterical

http://www.fritzstriker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/man_of_steel.jpg

abhilegend
Now you are lying by omission; you know the scans I am taking about...

I'm on my phone, so cant post the scans at the moment, but you'll see what we've all already seen...

You cherry picking those lets me know that you know exactly what I'm referring to...

Of course you won't post them because they decisively prove my point and defeat yours...
Those are from directly after the Thor/Celestials "fight".

Thor almost died by the celestials attack.

Cry more.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
hysterical

http://www.fritzstriker.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/man_of_steel.jpg
Are you seriously trying to say Thor is anywhere near as durable as ****ing doomsday?

Oh the thorbags........

abhilegend
I'll post them tomorrow if they haven't already been posted and end this debate decisively...
Of what? Thor taking attacks from celestials? That's from Thor 300. My scans take place in Thor 301.

Ergo, later.

celeyhyga17

Are you seriously trying to say Thor is anywhere near as durable as ****ing doomsday?

Oh the thorbags........
Read the OP before you make a fool of yourself yet again.

abhilegend
I did.

You're just making a fool out of yourself.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is this thread asking who is actually more durable or who has the highest durability feats?

Regular Thor's highest durability feats are superior to Doomsday's best. Yes, including being one-shot killed by Imperiex (Not sure why his durability failing is relevant).

If we use the most powerful and durable incarnation of Thor then that just legitimasizes any high end feats as plausible. Why can't King Thor easily repeat any high end showings of regular Thor? It becomes a stomp in either direction.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Is this thread asking who is actually more durable or who has the highest durability feats?

Regular Thor's highest durability feats are superior to Doomsday's best. Yes, including being one-shot killed by Imperiex (Not sure why his durability failing is relevant).

If we use the most powerful and durable incarnation of Thor then that just legitimasizes any high end feats as plausible. Why can't King Thor easily repeat any high end showings of regular Thor? It becomes a stomp in either direction.

Rage, do you mind posting the scans of Thor tanking the Celestial's attacks and returning fire so we can simultaneously end this debate and expose abhi's lies by omission?

TheLordofMurder
Of what? Thor taking attacks from celestials? That's from Thor 300. My scans take place in Thor 301.

Ergo, later.

Ah, but you are fully aware of the scans from Thor 300 that clearly end this debate...

You omit them because you know Doomsday has nothing to compare to them...

abhilegend
Ah, but you are fully aware of the scans from Thor 300 that clearly end this debate...

You omit them because you know Doomsday has nothing to compare to them...
Thor nearly died by those attacks as revealed in Thor 301.

Even you can't be this inane.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Haha, are you trying to say Thor is more durable than Doomsday?

Thor isn't even near Superman in durability, much less Doomsday.

Oh the thorbags.............

TheLordofMurder
@abhi

My argument is that Thor endured multiple attacks from the merciless Classic Celestials and kept on fighting...

This is true and beyond argument...

Doomsday has nothing that compares to this and you know it...

Like it or not, Thor wins give the parameters of the thread presented in the OP...

ozz81
Thor : his feats seem more impressive..

abhilegend
@abhi

My argument is that Thor endured multiple attacks from the merciless Classic Celestials and kept on fighting...

This is true and beyond argument...

Doomsday has nothing that compares to this and you know it...

Like it or not, Thor wins give the parameters of the thread presented in the OP...
He nearly died by those attacks.

So, not tanking. Do you want to compare Superman and Thor's durability feats?

Because Doomsday doesn't appear in 10000 issues like Thor. Superman does and Doomsday is measured up against Superman.

Wanna try?

TheLordofMurder
He nearly died by those attacks.

So, not tanking. Do you want to compare Superman and Thor's durability feats?

Because Doomsday doesn't appear in 10000 issues like Thor. Superman does and Doomsday is measured up against Superman.

Wanna try?

He did tank them; he withstood the 1st two attacks and couldn't take anymore after the 3rd...

So once again, he absolutely tanked multiple Celestial attacks...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor nearly died by those attacks as revealed in Thor 301.

Even you can't be this inane.
Haha, are you trying to say Thor is more durable than Doomsday?

Thor isn't even near Superman in durability, much less Doomsday.

Oh the thorbags.............

Can you not read?

This thread isn't about who you think is more durable. It's about who has better durability feats.

There's a distinction. If you can't understand that, I cannot help you.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Can you not read?

This thread isn't about who you think is more durable. It's about who has better durability feats.

thumb up

abhilegend
He did tank them; he withstood the 1st two attacks and couldn't take anymore after the 3rd...

So once again, he absolutely tanked multiple Celestial attacks...
He almost died by those attacks.

So, no tanking.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Can you not read?

So Thor has better durability feats but isn't more durable?

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
He almost died by those attacks.

laughing out loud

He was nearly dead after the 3rd attack; he was hurting, but returning fire after the first two...

So yeah, he tanked multiple Celestial attacks...

zopzop
http://s4.postimg.org/lvd290dah/2289115_Thor_Durability20_300.jpg

THere you go LoM.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop

THere you go LoM.

Thanx zop! :-)

thumb up

TheLordofMurder

THere you go LoM.

Now argue with that abhi...

Thor TRADING SHOTS against merciless Classic Celestials...

Thor didnt admit defeat until after the 3rd attack and even then kept on going...

Doomsday has absolutely nothing to compare to this...

Thor wins...

Magnon

THere you go LoM.

All three of those Celestial attacks were targeted at Thor's groin. It doesn't tell us anything about his overall durability.

abhilegend
Now argue with that abhi...

Thor TRADING SHOTS against merciless Classic Celestials...

Thor didnt admit defeat until after the 3rd attack and even then kept on going...

Doomsday has absolutely nothing to compare to this...

Thor wins...
In the next comic, it was revealed that Thor almost died by those attacks.

Doomsday laughs at puny gods like Thor in durability.

It's like talking to a wall.

Khazra Reborn

No. Thor ate the god bomb like a cookie, he "died" after merging with Gorr's power.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Magnon
All three of those Celestial attacks were targeted at Thor's groin. It doesn't tell us anything about his overall durability.

Lol!!!!

You are right! laughing out loud

abhilegend
No. Thor ate the god bomb like a cookie, he "died" after merging with Gorr's power.
Nope. The bomb killed him. Necrosword didn't kill anybody in the entire run. Why would it kill Thor?

TheLordofMurder
In the next comic, it was revealed that Thor almost died by those attacks.

Doomsday laughs at puny gods like Thor in durability.

It's like talking to a wall.

Its a far better feat that watching Doomsday get one shot killed...

wink

abhilegend
Its a far better feat that watching Doomsday get one shot killed...

wink
Imperiex is far above puny celestials. It takes embodiment of universe Kismet to breach his armor.

Celestials might as well be fleas compared to that level of power.

Khazra Reborn
Nope. The bomb killed him. Necrosword didn't kill anybody in the entire run. Why would it kill Thor?

Didn't kill anyone? You might want to re-check that one...

https://retconpunchdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/death-of-thor.jpg

abhilegend
They are talking about the God bomb. Not Necrosword.

Who did Necrosword kill who was wielding it?

Khazra Reborn
They are talking about the God bomb. Not Necrosword.

Who did Necrosword kill who was wielding it?

Oh, I don't know... Just to start, all of Asgard, the First primordial God.

K. Well, then why does Thor absorb the bomb, kick the shit out of Gorr, then die only after he merges with the Necrosword..?

And let's be real, when they say "the weapon" you know damn well, as I do that they mean the Necrosword. I'd post the whole final scene, but the links in the respect thread are broken, and that's about as much of shit that I can give regarding looking for scans.

TheLordofMurder
Thor being in fighting shape after taking 3 direct Celestial attacks trumps any feat of durability Doomsday possesses....

TheLordofMurder
@abhi...

Whats the worst punishment Doomsday has taken and still was able to fight through?

Star428
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
DD no contest.

thumb up

Yeah, only Marvel zombies would dispute that.

Stoic
Are people claiming that DD would no sell an attack from a Celestial? This really shouldn't be about Imperiex. There are characters well below this level that could roast DD. I'm imagining the next step will be that Superman and anyone capable of giving him an all out fight would be able to challenge the Celestials.

abhilegend

K. Well, then why does Thor absorb the bomb, kick the shit out of Gorr, then die only after he merges with the Necrosword..?

And let's be real, when they say "the weapon" you know damn well, as I do that they mean the Necrosword. I'd post the whole final scene, but the links in the respect thread are broken, and that's about as much of shit that I can give regarding looking for scans.
None of those were merged with Necrosword. King Thor wielded it with no problem after all.

Because the bomb was killing all gods slowly. Thor had discarded Necrosword at this point when he died FFS.

No, they are not. They are talking about God bomb. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@abhi...

Whats the worst punishment Doomsday has taken and still was able to fight through?
Superman wasn't even able to hurt him with punches or HV.

Although this gives me an idea about Superman vs Kurse/Mangog thread. Should be fun.

Genii96
So tanking superman's punches or hv is his best durability feat?

TheLordofMurder
@abhi

If taking punishment from Supes is the best he has while being able to fight back, then he loses to Thor horribly as pertains peak showing of durability....

Classic Celestials>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman

celeyhyga17
I did.

You're just making a fool out of yourself.
Read the OP again.

facepalm

http://fapit.net/imgs/1631/super-derp-demotivational-poster-1277928360.jpg

Mr Master

thumb up ... U right. I have it, I'll post all the relevant scans.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Genii96
So tanking superman's punches or hv is his best durability feat?
You think Thor can tank Superman's punches and HV like nothing? Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@abhi

If taking punishment from Supes is the best he has while being able to fight back, then he loses to Thor horribly as pertains peak showing of durability....

Classic Celestials>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman
Make a thread about Thor no selling Superman and see how it goes. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Read the OP again.

facepalm

http://fapit.net/imgs/1631/super-derp-demotivational-poster-1277928360.jpg
I did.

Nothing changed.

Philosophía
Doomsday, by far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.