Ultron Army VS Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
Movie version, who will win?

juggerman
Oh interesting. Mags has the advantage but I don't know it he could take that many out. Rooting for Mags for now

TheVaultDweller
Magneto rewires the the bots like he did the sentinels and dethrones Ultron. stick out tongue

Seriously though, if the guy has the range and fine control to take command of several dozen (hundreds even?) of missiles at once, and redirect them at various ship targets, I don't see the Ultron bots doing very well. Their best hope is getting off some lucky energy shots and hopefully scoring a hit, but we have also seen that Mags can react fast enough to respond to bullets, and has used metal to make shields in the past as well. Remember, Magneto has pretty insane range on his powers. He doesn't even need to see targets to control them, as evidenced by his control of the sentinels, and when he pulled the entire panic room out of the Whitehouse in DoFP.

Time-Immemorial
He kills and crushes them all.

Juk3n
Not even a contest, maybe they take him with blaster fire? wait..did they have blasters? Anywho, Mags just needs a second to see them all and it's game/set. He moved a stadium. it holds what? 80 thousand human sized seats and can fit another ??

Yeah, mags with not much trouble.

TheVaultDweller
Don't think he even needs to see them all really. Based on the submarine lift, the iron extraction in X2, the panic room pull, and the rewiring and controlling of the sentinels, he doesn't need to physically see things to control them. It appears to be more of a case of his powers allowing him to "feel" any metal in the area.

Edit: To get some idea of his range, he was able to apply his powers to the entire length of the Golden Gate Bridge, which is over a mile and a half long, IIRC.

FrothByte
Magneto should win unless he gets hit with blaster fire. I don't know if Magneto can control that many metallic objects that each tries to do it's own thing. It's not a question of power but rather of multi tasking. If Magneto can control all of them then he wins without issue. If even one of them hits him with a blast then Magneto can get royally screwed.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by FrothByte
Magneto should win unless he gets hit with blaster fire. I don't know if Magneto can control that many metallic objects that each tries to do it's own thing. It's not a question of power but rather of multi tasking. If Magneto can control all of them then he wins without issue. If even one of them hits him with a blast then Magneto can get royally screwed.

Nope, he takes them all down without even a second thought.

TheVaultDweller

He could potentially mass crush more than half the army in one go. I know we have never seen him do something like that onscreen, but then he has never needed to. What we do know however is that he could lift and move the Golden Gate Bridge, which is over 1,5 miles long and apparently weighs nearly 900k tons (according to its 75th anniversary newsletter). If he can apply enough upward force to lift that much mass over such a large area, he can do it downwards as well, especially with gravity aiding him.

BruceSkywalker
Magneto stomps.. period...

to think otherwise is foolish

HulkIsHulk
Yep, Magneto stomps. And VaultDweller is right, Mags can sense metal and even differentiate them. He was able to identify Wolverine was near somewhere by sensing the presence of adamantium nearby in X2.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
He could potentially mass crush more than half the army in one go. I know we have never seen him do something like that onscreen, but then he has never needed to. What we do know however is that he could lift and move the Golden Gate Bridge, which is over 1,5 miles long and apparently weighs nearly 900k tons (according to its 75th anniversary newsletter). If he can apply enough upward force to lift that much mass over such a large area, he can do it downwards as well, especially with gravity aiding him.

Well like I said, it's not his power I'm questioning but his ability to multi-task. Crushing the ultron-bots is nothing compared to lifting the Golden Gate Bridge. So he should win as long as none of the bots is able to hit him with a shot. Actually, did the Ultron-bots even have blaster capabilities? I forgot.

Adam Grimes
Magneto compresses them into a cannonball and shoots it at Slowpoke's house.

Time-Immemorial
Well like I said, it's not his power I'm questioning but his ability to multi-task. Crushing the ultron-bots is nothing compared to lifting the Golden Gate Bridge. So he should win as long as none of the bots is able to hit him with a shot. Actually, did the Ultron-bots even have blaster capabilities? I forgot.

Look at this utter stupidity

steverules_2
Wish they'd show magneto doing his magnetic shield bubble

Time-Immemorial
Yea, that would be sick. But I'm sure someone here would downplay it.

EmperorSidious2
Magneto stomps

ShadowFyre
If it wasnt for Ultron I would say Magneto beats at least a third of the army to death with his bare hands based on their geriatric level durability. For real, I''ve seen Jenga games take harder hits than those things.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
He was able to identify Wolverine was near somewhere by sensing the presence of adamantium nearby in X2.

I thought he did that in 3?

Time-Immemorial
Yea it was 3.

TheVaultDweller

Not all of them did, from what I can recall (the one that crash landed through the helicarrier front window had 2 arms IIRC), but some of the bots had one of their limbs replaced with those repulser like energy blasters. I personally just don't think any of them could get close enough to fire off an accurate shot. I kinda picture it going in a similar fashion to when the airforce attacks the Kryptonian ship, at the end of MoS. They have speed, maneuverability, and are all piloted by independent minds, capable of thinking and reacting on their own. Yet none of that mattered, because the moment they got within a certain range, all their tech went to shit. Because we know Magneto can sense metal, based on the movies. We also know he has very long range on his powers as well, and that he can literally manipulate the next best thing to a million tons at once.

If he plays it smart, he should simply decide to crush any metal object that comes within a certain radius of him. If he does that, it won't matter what kind of offense the bots try to mount. They will get crushed the moment they get within a certain distance of him.

Time-Immemorial
God bless you vault for even trying to reason with that tard.

FrothByte
Not all of them did, from what I can recall (the one that crash landed through the helicarrier front window had 2 arms IIRC), but some of the bots had one of their limbs replaced with those repulser like energy blasters. I personally just don't think any of them could get close enough to fire off an accurate shot. I kinda picture it going in a similar fashion to when the airforce attacks the Kryptonian ship, at the end of MoS. They have speed, maneuverability, and are all piloted by independent minds, capable of thinking and reacting on their own. Yet none of that mattered, because the moment they got within a certain range, all their tech went to shit. Because we know Magneto can sense metal, based on the movies. We also know he has very long range on his powers as well, and that he can literally manipulate the next best thing to a million tons at once.

If he plays it smart, he should simply decide to crush any metal object that comes within a certain radius of him. If he does that, it won't matter what kind of offense the bots try to mount. They will get crushed the moment they get within a certain distance of him.

I don't really see anything to disagree with honestly. I do think Magneto would win, just that he can lose if he's not careful.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Yea, that would be sick. But I'm sure someone here would downplay it.

Or do the whole "didn't do that every single situation he was ever in so it doesn't count" 'argument'

TheVaultDweller
I don't really see anything to disagree with honestly. I do think Magneto would win, just that he can lose if he's not careful.

Oh definitely. IF he had to get hit, it would mean a world of trouble for him. He only has human durability after all. But the chances of him getting hit, based on his range, reaction times, fine control, raw power, and skill/imagination at using his abilities, is very remote. He'd have to do something extremely stupid for that to happen, IMO. If he plays it smart, which he should, the bot army gets slaughtered in very short order.

FrothByte
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Or do the whole "didn't do that every single situation he was ever in so it doesn't count" 'argument'

Don't know anyone in these forums who uses this logic. Usually the argument is "Never showed any feat where they actually do said action so it doesn't count".

Time-Immemorial
Don't know anyone in these forums who uses this logic. Usually the argument is "Never showed any feat where they actually do said action so it doesn't count".

You use that logic, in every single debate when you get desperate. laughing out loud

And quit pretending you don't.

Impediment
Time-Immemorial, stop flaming and baiting people. FrothByte did absolutely nothing for you to act like this.

Genesis-Soldier
Magneto rewires the the bots like he did the sentinels and dethrones Ultron. stick out tongue

Seriously though, if the guy has the range and fine control to take command of several dozen (hundreds even?) of missiles at once, and redirect them at various ship targets, I don't see the Ultron bots doing very well. Their best hope is getting off some lucky energy shots and hopefully scoring a hit, but we have also seen that Mags can react fast enough to respond to bullets, and has used metal to make shields in the past as well. Remember, Magneto has pretty insane range on his powers. He doesn't even need to see targets to control them, as evidenced by his control of the sentinels, and when he pulled the entire panic room out of the Whitehouse in DoFP.

i agree but i doubt he could re wire the bots like he did sentinels, he had the blueprints for them.
magneto has a huge bolo stomp here but my question is if he can sense metal with that fine precision we have seen (X2 too much iron in the blood) then how the hell was he impaled by that metal fragment !?

once again just to be clear i am rooting for magneto

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
i agree but i doubt he could re wire the bots like he did sentinels, he had the blueprints for them.
magneto has a huge bolo stomp here but my question is if he can sense metal with that fine precision we have seen (X2 too much iron in the blood) then how the hell was he impaled by that metal fragment !?

once again just to be clear i am rooting for magneto

That first bit was a joke. Though he could still puppeteer them if he wanted to. Ironic, considering Ultron's "no strings" speech. laughing

The bit that pierced him in DoFP was a piece of blown up Sentinel, and they were specifically made from a non metal material (or at least one Mags can't control, hence the reason he had to rewire the old ones as well).

Genesis-Soldier
fair enough i suppose, i thought the shrapnel he stopped was part of the plane and sentinels

Utrigita
Iirc the sentinels was built around some form of alloy made from mystique that wasn't metal, had it been metal magneto would have wiped the floor with them.

steverules_2
All the sentinels past and future were one's that were made out of specific metals that mags couldn't control

Placidity
Originally posted by steverules_2
Wish they'd show magneto doing his magnetic shield bubble

Even if he didn't have that ability in the movies, he still could have done so much more other than being helpless.

1. Create a protective metal sphere around himself / others then throw high speed projectiles at enemies / bomb their bases.

Theoretically a tungsten rod could have the energy of a small nuke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

UkBH3sklhp8

2. Create a Metal Fortress

--UARXuwA3I

3. Create a safe haven in space (could even launch weapons / missiles from there)

v2VI_SdIwFY

13:25

And he doesn't have to achieve any of this by himself, he would have had other gifted allies to help him.

steverules_2
Those video's show how impressive Magneto was in the cartoons but not the movie's, so unfortunately they don't count for much in here

I just wanna see the magnetic shield bubble for nostalgic reasons

Placidity
Those video's show how impressive Magneto was in the cartoons but not the movie's, so unfortunately they don't count for much in here

I just wanna see the magnetic shield bubble for nostalgic reasons

I'm saying he could probably have done those things given the abilities he has already shown in the past in the films, which is just controlling metal/levitation.

In fact, he has already shown he can do those things on a lesser scale.

1. In X-men 2, he manipulates iron smuggled from mystique into balls and a flat disc. He can easily shape it into a sphere.

2. In X-men 1, he disarms the X-men the same way in the Statue of Liberty.

Also, he manipulates the environment in his headquarters (the floating platform and prison bars).

3. He has shown he can levitate other massive objects - Golden Gate Bridge and the Sports Stadium.

steverules_2
Oh yeah, his feats in the movie are highly impressive and he probably could do most of the things he does in the comics which he has in fact already done as far as I know but the shield bubble is something that has yet to be seen and it's something I'd like to see as in the comics it is one of his main feats

Utrigita
All the sentinels past and future were one's that were made out of specific metals that mags couldn't control

I'll rewatch then, I recall it not being metal.

steverules_2
Past ones were, not sure about future, I know Mistique was used some how for the future ones

Time-Immemorial
Mags in the cartoons was pretty sick. He needs an upgrade boost. I'm hoping with the new Apoc movie he gets one.

steverules_2
Is he a horseman in the new one? I'm not sure if somewhere I read he would be

Genesis-Soldier
the "classic" sentinals were of a "space age polymere"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.